It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier Refuses To Serve in 'Illegal Iraq War'!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hal9000

Exactly. Military members are always getting out because they claim to be "conscientious objectors" as the military calls it. From what I understand, due to the UCMJ if someone claims to be a conscientious objector they are given noncombatant duty. If they still refuse to work they can be charged with desertion under article 85 of the UCMJ.

en.wikipedia.org...
www.tomjoad.org...
www.commondreams.org...
www.alternet.org...
www.centeronconscience.org...
www.military.com...

I was also in the Air Force for 6 years and never saw anyone I knew separate because of this. But we were never really at war when I was in either (97-03). Things are much different now.

Alot of these guys get news stories, blogs, and other stuff written about them and if you do a google search you'll find all kinds of examples of this happening. Like these guys....

www.aguayodefense.org...
goliath.ecnext.com...
www.globalresearch.ca...

I don't think this one guy is anything special (although it's an interesting story for us on the outside looking into this military conflict which many of us do not agree with as it is).

-ChriS

[edit on 20-5-2008 by BlasteR]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by US Monitor

Yes indeed war is hell.
You can attack Our great country America with rhetoric evil words because sticks and stones'll never touch us.

I support our brave troops. I don't supports traitors.
No matter your political party in (Our) = ( the ones one here that are real Americans)

Personally I'm registered as a Republican, but that doesn't mean that I hate my Democratic brother or sister.

So many rhetoric electron election words are tossed and typed here (trying) to turn American brothers and sisters against one another.

To me it smells like a terrorist plot of the trojan horse category that just might succeed unless my true American Brothers and Sisters become aware of the power of rhetoric words twisted against your own country the USA.

Yes America the Nation that We all love is divided about the political process but, not about our resolve to defeat terrorism.
We support our troops in the field.
The Sargent is a soldier and deserves to be treated as a traitor until he has his day in a court of law to defend his actions.

McCain Rocks. That's my right to say that I support him.
He's the only candidate with resolve IMHO that makes sense.
Do you remember what the U in USA='s ?
United is not divisible by any terrorist rhetoric words.
I love the United States of America.
I support our Brave Troops.

This traitor chose his own actions and consequences.
He wanted attention, he got it.
I love my Democratic Brother and Sister. I refuse to hate just because someones opinion is different than mine.

Soooo. MR. and or Mrs. terrorist, ball your destructive rhetoric words up in a wad and spit towards your camals arse.

Americans are smarter than you think.

Yes indeed war is hell. it's your right to support Obama
My right to support John McCain. And I do.

If my Democratic brother or sister decides to hate me because of my choice and opinion, Well , that's their right also.
I refuse to hate them back.

That's what's special about the USA, We can agree to disagree and decide with the vote.
Personally if it was my decision to stay or leave Iraq, I'd have an election in the USA and Iraq by registered votors.

The ballot would read as follows.

A = The USA stays in Iraq.

B = The USA leaves Iraq.

As simple as that, We comply with the majority vote in both nations.

Iraq either must stand alone as a nation, or become the 51st USA state.

Hell yea , grey aliens do have a sense of humor.

On their planet they are afraid of being abducted by humans.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

You can support McCain all you want but for the large part he has ignored his entire conservative base. Not to mention he has changed where he stands on issues that matter and when? Oh yea, right before he decided to run for president. And didn't Mccain embrace Karl Rove as one of his campaign advisors?

This sais it all:
delawarewatch.blogspot.com...

And In his own words (from the same link):

“The issue of economics is not something I’ve understood as well as I should.” - John McCain

-ChriS

[edit on 20-5-2008 by BlasteR]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join