It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Soldier Refuses To Serve in 'Illegal Iraq War'!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
You know "drunken MIC" etc

MIC = Military Industrial Complex coined by Dwight Eisenhower one of my favorite republicans.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
Maybe this will start a chain reaction who knows..
I applaud his courage though for coming out with that statement.

Yes applaud this event. Also applaud the mother who mistreats her child even though she chose to have it. Applaud everyone who does not rise up to the life they chose to have that sees some misfortune coming their way and stands down instead of taking responsiblity for their actions. Keep on heralding the weak values and morals that are infecting this and all other countries. What ever happed to people actually finishing what they started or taking responsibility for thier actions. Did this guy join the military for some other reason than to fight for his country? As far as the military is concerned anything they order you to do, whether right or wrong is for the country. Maybe he should have done a little research before he chose what he thought might be an easy way out of having to fend for himself by joining the military, the sole purpose of the army is to fight, I hope they jail his ass for a long time.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
What ever happed to people actually finishing what they started or taking responsibility for thier actions.

This is a novel concept
This is what I consider the key difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives lean towards personal responsibility and accountability, Liberals towards the happy-careless-marajuana-peace-love-it's all good line of thinking

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightDStroyer

I think he is smart to stand up for this country. This is an illegal war. The whole thing is a pre cusor for oil and money control as well as world domination. I think its a shame that a few people are responsible for the demise of this country. How can you judge his ability to not want to kill people in a war, I don't want to kill anyone, war is stupid, peace is what he is doing, he is standing up for peace...............

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Fine, let the sorry bastard suffer the consequences of his decision. The military doesn't need cowards like him. Courts Martial him, put him in the stockade for a few months and then give him a dishonorable discharge.

BUT, even if he isn't Courts Martialed, take away all veterans benefits from him. Since he refuses to follow the orders of his military superiors, then he abrogates all of the benefits of those that do serve properly.

I just love those sorry fools that know full well what they are getting into when they enlist, but refuse to actually serve. Funny thing though, they all want to get the benefits of service.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Wow, I can only wonder the bloodshed that will spread when the time of judgement befalls humanity.

I can't believe there are so many war-mongers out there, calling soldiers who willingly decided to not participate in a war full of controversies, quitters and traitors.

I can only wonder the life that awaits the hell spawns in abundance.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

Yes, I wish to take part in a War, but it has to be a War against the Warmongers and the Banksters who fund these Wars, is there a place for this kind of War ?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
good to know that american soldiers are standing up agianst the genocidal imperial policies of the fascist american empire ...........

man , conservative americans are a bunch of fascist apologists when it comes to fascist Bush aka Hitler and american "nazi" war machine

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by manson_322
good to know that american soldiers are standing up agianst the genocidal imperial policies of the fascist american empire ...........

A few soldiers have problems with doing the jobs they signed up for and people are blaming the entire system? Why is it that no one is holding this person responsible.

man , conservative americans are a bunch of fascist apologists when it comes to fascist Bush aka Hitler and american "nazi" war machine

Whatever, obviously you came to have a serious debate on this topic.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321

This is what I consider the key difference between liberals and conservatives. Conservatives lean towards personal responsibility and accountability, Liberals towards the happy-careless-marajuana-peace-love-it's all good line of thinking

You either paint with a broad brush or you are just an ignorant conservative and don't know what you are talking about. I'm thinking the latter.

I'm a liberal and I own 3 businesses including an 80 acre cotton farm, work at least a 70 hr. week, always on call, don't use drugs, take care of an elderly mother and family.
My friends also mostly liberals mirror my life style to a T.

I don't generalize about conservatives, but you have proven to be a stupid moron.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
speaking as a veteran, i see him as a principled individual.

if he had decided to get out of the military, he very likely would have fallen victim to the 'back door draft' and sent anyway.

while i respect your opinion, i don't share it.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by vor78

I can't agree with that thought. He MUST face trial. I still agree with his reasons and understand WHY he is doing this but he cannot circumvent the system. He must face the music for his choice.

I just want to make sure I am clear on that. This is why I think he is a hero. He is taking this stance knowing full well what he will be facing.

Public humiliation, career suicide, military prison, and on and on and on. That is what he faces. But he is making his stand. Not to save his life but to make his voice heard. More and more this is happening. What they are seeing is the destruction of the American image in the world's eyes. They don't like it. I don't blame them. I HATE that we are now viewed as villians more than at any other time in our short history. It sucks because we have had pretty much no control over it. You can't even protest in this country anymore without filing for and receiving a permit. Once that happens you MUST protest in the specified area which is normally cordoned off from the rest of the world and any form of media coverage. It's pathetic what this administration has done to this country. It's even worse what its people have allowed.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

While I don't generalize on an individual level, it is more relevant on a broad scale. From my personal experience with liberals and of second hand accounts, which include media coverage of liberals (mainly celebrities and politicians), what I have stated is what I have come to understand. Although it was a bit more tongue-n-cheek, considering is is a two line summary of a lifetime of evaluations.

I applaud you for being a hard worker, a farmer and caring for your family though.

p.s. I like the 'stupid moron' assessment. It does fit in typically with my concept of liberals who act emotionally, typically resulting in name calling.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

He should have just asked for a transfer to Ft. Leavenworth (the Army prison), because that is where he is going to end up, unless the Army decides he is not worth feeding for a couple of years.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 05:49 PM
link   
What the # did this guy think he was signing up for in the first place, the crusades......?!?!?!

He either thought "nah, we're never going to have another major war" and is therefore a coward or he thought that every president since Reagan was honest and would only ever act for the greater good...

Which ever is true (especially the latter) he deserves the be locked up for changing his mind!

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Guess he should not have re-enlisted and gotten out of the Army when he had the opportunity, since we have been in Iraq for awhile and him being Army, he was bound to go eventually.

I dont see him as a hero. I see him as someone who wants attention.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by greeneyedleo]

You can look at it that way. But you should think at different angles and not just one. Think outside the box next time. Yes this war has been going on for a while. However, when he signed up he probably did not know to much about it. He was young, and thought he was doing what was best for him and for his country. Now he see's it for what it is for. And he is a very honorable man to stand up and give his speech out loud in front of everyone. I respect him. I wonder what his fellow infantry men and other fellow military men from other branches think about it?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jca2005
I respect him. I wonder what his fellow infantry men and other fellow military men from other branches think about it?

I'll tell you what they think of him:

He is a piece of crap and is not worthy of our care, concern, pity, or respect.

He can assume his rightful place at any military detention facility.

Bottom line is that someone else had to go into harms way instead of this jerkweed. Someone else has to carry more of the load to make up for this moron.

God only knows why anyone here would respect him. He isn't standing up for himself, he is a coward and can't fulfill that which he signed up for.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

All people have preferences and choices. It's foolish to just do as you are told. More people need to have a spine and stand up for themselves. Especially to people like yourself. I'd rather go to prison and not be a be to put a gold star on my resume than question my morals for the rest of eternity. If its wrong its wrong. Grow a pair and say so rather than being bent over because its the easy thing to do.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
It boils down to he is a coward. People that have not fought in a war have no idea what a soldier is REALLY fighting for. The bill of rights or being a patriot goes right out the window when you are looking for cover with your brothers. Going into military service is about being a patriot or pride. Being in a war is about the guys around you. Their survival and yours tops even the mission. The war is what it is. we are there and if you are a member of the military than you follow orders and your brothers. if you dont, and run and hide you deserve to be hunted down and brought before a firing squad. 'a coward dies a thousand deaths, a soldier dies but once".

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by TXMACHINEGUNDLR

You sound severly brainwashed. No offence, just my observation.

Actually you sound pretty much evil. No offence. I hope you don't hunt me down, and kill me haha.

I really hope you have morals and your not evil, because if you are in the iraq war, I worry for the people there. Serve and protect!? Because some of your posts are scary, I don't think a soldier who thinks like you should be in a war.

Here is an example of one of your posts.
"If I had been in that class and heard him say that, I would have beat him with a bat after class....bone breaking time.....he would then get good treatment in a hospital and when he got out I would pound his ass again. A dog's life is worth much more to me than a muslims."

[edit on 20-5-2008 by _Phoenix_]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join