It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is most of the worlds history hidden to protect religon.

page: 1/
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I believe that we would know a lot more about history and a lot of the secrets of the universe would be made public if it wouldn't disrupt the masses of fanatics and followers. The more i read about the pyramids for example the more it seems to me that a lot of the findings are kept secret because it would disprove things that were said in the bible. Like for instance the age of the Sphinx. Why is it everywhere i read I can not find an age for this. With all the technology we have now I would think they would have accurately dated this. Or maybe they have but will not go public because it will disprove something in the bible and cause more problems for the biggest business on our planet. I am sorry if I am wrong and sorry if anyone is offended but I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by ironjello]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

Um, scienctists AKA archeologists AKA Egyptologists are the ones that steadfastly claim the current age of the Sphinx is what it is.

What's next?
Blame religion for the drought in Australia?

[edit on 15-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

I don't think history has been manipulated to protect religion itself, but to protect power. There are people who know things, and hide the secrets. There is power in the darkness, and in secrets.

I also believe that the same power has been "calling the shots" so to speak for a very long time. Longer than most people would imagine. Empires come and go, but those who have the power endure. If you have the secrets of how to create an empire, and then manage its collapse, your power will endure.

It is quite possible that there were entire civiliazations before our own, and that we as humans are not now, and have never been the masters of this planet as we vainly imagine in the modern day.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
No but "God" Created man roughly 6000 years ago huh but humans have been around for 200,000 years and I am trying to find where I had read it now but some independent tests had shown that the sphinx is more like 5500 to 6000 years old but wouldn't that throw a wrench into what people had believed for centuries. So i am sure we will never know the whole truth if it conflicts with the biblical time line.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Like I said.
Talk to modern Egyptology.
Which is a science.
Hmmmm imagine that.

Also, the Young Earther stuff.
That's a Christian thing.
NOT a every religion thing.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

There is plenty of evidence to show that Man has been around a lot longer than some Biblical interpretations show. If the age of the Sphinx is being lied about, it is because something else is being hidden, some other secret protected, other than Biblical interpretations of the rise of Man.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I know they taught us the same history year after year in school that basically traced the history of Christianity. World history was Christian history, from Egypt to Israel, Greece, Rome, the Middle ages in Europe, and finally the settling of the new world and the U.S.. We were never taught what was going on in Europe until the dark ages, nothing on India, China, Japan, or the Middle East after Alexanders conquest. I would say religion definitely had a major influence.

So, how old do Egyptologist's say the sphinx is? From my understanding, it has to be around 10,000 years old.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   

actually there were two geologist who dated it at about 10,000

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
but once again that answer is not the one that is the more publicly made one because it would not be possible according to the bible. If the Sphinx is 10000 years old "GOD" didn't even create man yet. Adam and Eve haven't been around and how did the pyramids and sphinx make it through the great flood. Easy none of it happened. The only proof of any of this is a book so I think is is unfair that we can not learn the real history because it argues a book which may make one less person sit in a pew and put one less dollar in the offering plate.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Just because someone somewhere has misinterpreted the Bible, does not mean that it is not true. Take the Great Flood for example. There are those who argue that evidence of it can be found at the Sphinx and the Pyramids.

Personally, I think much of the Bible is a mishmash of older stories and legends, that has been thrown together in one neat package. This is pretty much proven in fact. Same stories, but the characters have different names.

So this not mean that the Bible is "wrong" just that the interpretations and translations made to create the modern texts are.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
No but "God" Created man roughly 6000 years ago

No he didn't. Does that help?

The problem with specifically pointing to Christianity saying they're covering history up is that there's a lot of very, very grim things us people did that we don't want to remember, let alone report...but it's still there. It's not as easy as scribbling out words in a book.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:59 PM
link   
maybe some day people will stop believing all the crap and have more of an opened mind considering 70 some percent of the bible is not even translated properly they can't even translate names right. look up YAHUWAH and find out who he is. I am not anti christianity or anything I would just like to know if what I read in the bible is actually what we were intended to read and not some big business trash to make everyone feel the need to give their hard earned money to some crook reading from a book which is also BS . translation OOPS'S I just want the truth. Have any scriptures been carbon dated. I feel maybe if the book was translated properly maybe science and peoples beliefs of a god or lack of would maybe be more believable.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Everywhere you go there is a different version of history, and of course they all claim that theirs is the right history. The news has reported that Muslim countries are still engaging in the destruction of ancient artifacts and thereby erasure of history. Undoubtedly, this has been going on for centuries. There is considerable evidence that Egyptian pharaohs would make changes to ancient buildings to up their claim to fame. The Sphinx most likely had the head of a lion, or some other head at one time. Most likely all cultures and civilizations have engaged in this type of history revision.

Personally, I look at the bible as a bunch of stories passed down by word of mouth for generations, and there is much evidence that many of the earlier tales were based on mythology. The only important part of the bible to me is the gospel, and the sermon on the mount, which I think holds the key to Christ's teachings, most of which the Catholic church, and most churches in general seem to ignore. It is not the meek who shall inherit the Earth, it is those who are gentle in spirit, and many others listed in the sermon. I would very much like to read Mary Magdalene's gospel, and that of Judah as well.

Luckily, it is easy to find on the internet.

www.webcom.com...

Note, the first three chapters are missing, and where it starts off, four lines in she records -

"Peter said to him, Since you have explained everything to us, tell us this also: What is the sin of the world?"

Sounds like someone managed to destroy the most critical part of this gospel. I would really like to hear what Christ had explained.

Pages one to six are missing, and pages eleven to fourteen. Sure seems to be historical editing.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

saint, that cartoon is as infantile as it accuses people of being. it's basically saying that those who present arguments that go against your conception of god are idiots...
which is odd when many of those arguments are quite valid.

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WraothAscendant

Like I said.
Talk to modern Egyptology.
Which is a science.
Hmmmm imagine that.

Also, the Young Earther stuff.
That's a Christian thing.
NOT a every religion thing.

[edit on 16-5-2008 by WraothAscendant]

Young Earth stuff isn't an EVERY Christian thing either. Pretty much just a small portion of radical American fundamentalists. Maybe a Baptist every here and there as well. The majority of Christians on the planet (Catholic and Orthodox, Lutherans, Anglicans) are free to believe in guided evolution and "old earth".

Just FYI

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Yes I would like to know why people believe in the young earth theory. Are all the geologists lying when they figure out how old things are? Seriously I don't know how the process of finding out the age of an object works, but all the scientists can't be lying can they?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by theendisnear69

I think scientists will say whatever to protect whoever is funding them. If not no funding.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Science and religion are able to work seperately, thank God (and Darwin).

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   

History is not hidden any more than God is hidden.

The things of the spirit of God are spiritually discerned, to the natural mind the things of God are foolishness.

Both Religion and science are the product of the natural mind.

The way history, and all of reality for that matter, actually works versus the way we perceive it to work is the problem.

Things of the spirit are more real than things of the flesh, our reality is the product of a greater reality at work, we are deceived by our own senses and believe the reverse to be the case, that is why history seems hidden to us..

A thought in your mind exists in a reality that is the product of a greater reality, us and the universe exist in a reality that is the product of a greater reality.

One way to see us and our history even the whole of the universe, is existing as nothing more than a thought in the mind of God, we exist as a lesser reality the construct of a greater reality.

All of human history revolves around supernatural events, it moves first from the power of all in all in true spirituality, then if declines to the control of power in the hands of a few through religion, from there it continues its decline in attempts to regain power by natural means through science.

Mankind is saved from the destructive forces unleashed through our exploitation of the sciences by divine intervention, initiating a return to the spiritual, begriming the process anew of rising and falling from spirituality to religion to science back to spirituality until we reach the end of our history in this world and the start of eternity in the new heaven and earth.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
saint, that cartoon is as infantile as it accuses people of being. it's basically saying that those who present arguments that go against your conception of god are idiots...
which is odd when many of those arguments are quite valid.

I apologize if it caused offense, I did not read it that way. Unfortunately I'm unable to go back and edit it out. I read it as man versus God, not some group of people versus another group of people. The quote underneath speaks of mankind's foolishness as a whole. To clarify and ensure, those who are asking questions seeking understanding of God are not idiots...else I'm calling myself an idiot too. No doubt you'd agree with that one, eh madness?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join