It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is most of the worlds history hidden to protect religon.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by earthman4
Science and religion are able to work seperately, thank God (and Darwin).

Yeah? Who created science?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ironjello
I think scientists will say whatever to protect whoever is funding them. If not no funding.

I'm a scientist and will not protect my company when they're making a wrong decision nor fail to correct them if they provide wrong information. I know how you feel though, I used to feel the same way in my first research exposure.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Yes I would like to know why people believe in the young earth theory.

Basically through a stretch of assumption, someone tried to connect the ages of people in the Bible back to the creation of the world.

Originally posted by theendisnear69
Are all the geologists lying when they figure out how old things are? Seriously I don't know how the process of finding out the age of an object works, but all the scientists can't be lying can they?

All scientists don't believe the same thing. I'm not sure where this assumption comes into play. There's no reason to lie about how old things are from a geological standpoint. The thrill is in getting something right and valid, not putting on a show. Fortunately for all of us, there are skeptics in the world to punch holes through most attempted hoaxes. From panspermia to phlogiston, science has gotten some things wrong...things that were big-mainstream theory...but science has also gotten a lot of things right. Be sure to thank your doctor after your appendectomy, and thank God for allowing the solution.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
If you only knew the truth of how the catholic church and Vatican helped Hitler and the Nazi's gain power, that history is not well known.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33
If you only knew the truth of how the catholic church and Vatican helped Hitler and the Nazi's gain power, that history is not well known.

Well, we're here to deny ignorance, so go ahead and educate us.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

The Pope made a deal with Hitler (which eventualy he broke) to allow the catholic church to keep operating inside Germany.
The pope could have spoke out against Hitler but he didnt... even though at this point Hitler was starting to make all his laws against the Jews and was manipulating the verious churches that were still in Germany. So because Hitler seemed to have the support of the church that effected the way that the world viewed him and along with Germany hosting the olympics it kinda cemented the view of some nations that Hitler wasnt a bad guy - even though he was doing all these bad things to his nation.

If im wrong about anytihng please correct me as I havnt studied much of this in a while.

-fm

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by funky monk
The Pope made a deal with Hitler (which eventualy he broke) to allow the catholic church to keep operating inside Germany.
The pope could have spoke out against Hitler but he didnt... even though at this point Hitler was starting to make all his laws against the Jews and was manipulating the verious churches that were still in Germany. So because Hitler seemed to have the support of the church that effected the way that the world viewed him and along with Germany hosting the olympics it kinda cemented the view of some nations that Hitler wasnt a bad guy - even though he was doing all these bad things to his nation.

If im wrong about anytihng please correct me as I havnt studied much of this in a while.

-fm

Discretion and Valour was a factual book that describes the recent history of the Catholic Church. In some instances they defied the government. When they did so in the Soviet Union after World War I, tens of thousands of clergy were executed. Were they to repeat the same thing in Germay? Or do their best to survive under a government rule they may not have agreed with? I don't know the answer, but your description of the above hardly makes Hitler and the Pope bedfellows...unless Franklin Roosevelt and Winston Churchhill were Communists because they sided with Stalin.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ironjello

I believe it has been a conspiracy to keep knowledge suppressed by the church, taking into consideration that even in the early beginnings of church even the Bible was not mean for the eyes of the population until its contents were stolen.

Since the lost of the ancient test of the supposed Alexandria library and the selection of the bible canons we can not denied that history has been suppressed one way or the other by the church.

In modern times the fight between Earth age has become another battler in the minds of the people, today the power of those that wants to keep the bible as the only historical book of significant and the keepers of history is the center stage, more often than not to confuse populations and keep them debating, but without letting them take their time to find their knowledge themselves.

One such act of defiance against historical facts is creating creationist museum that put human beings and dinosaurs together.

Where humans are involve is always going to be the deceiving factor to support one set of believes over others.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Where humans are involve is always going to be the deceiving factor to support one set of believes over others.

That's why we talk to, listen to, and trust God directly. Why look to people to give all instruction? People are helpful, we can teach one another, but ultimately we can have our own personal relationship with Him and He has no problem setting the record straight. You may be surprised, however, to find there are many churches who comply with what He says.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

You mean with what ancient men wrote in the bible that they said is the direct word of God, again we most trust men to believe this to be true because for what I have seen so far god or Jesus never took a pen and wrote anything.

Interesting, yes God was a great writer.

Nice try.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by marg6043]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
You mean

No, I meant what I said.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join