It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I just had a weird foreboding about McCain...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I would've voted for him because my candidate seems to be out of the running now. That is if I vote at all.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
so what was the forboding feeling?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Fibonacci11235

I felt fearful.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Well lets see I think he talks funny, like we need another president that hasn't mastered the English language.

I think he looks funny, whats up with his big cheeks? His arms don't appear to be the right proportion to the rest of his body. I don't know maybe it's just me.

I think he even moves funny.

But to me he isn't funny at all. He seems scary to me.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I dont trust anyone who wants to be President.

Apart from Bill Clinton, you knew what he was after!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
he talks funny,

So does Obama

I think he looks funny,

Obama's so ugly when he joined an ugly contest, they said "Sorry, no professionals."

Obama's so ugly he looked out the window and got arrested for mooning.

Obama's so ugly he made an onion cry.

Obama's so ugly he tried to take a bath and the water jumped out!

So does Obama

Same with Obama.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

whats up with his big cheeks?

Skin cancer surgery on his face 8 years ago went deep.
This has puffed up his skin.

His arms don't appear to be the right proportion

He broke both arms during the Vietnam war. His captors refused to give him surgery that he needed on his broken arms.

His captors did surgery on a broken leg of his while he was a POW in Vietnam. They severely screwed up the surgery. They cut all his muscles, etc etc

He got all these injuries while serving America and while undergoing extreme torture at the hands of the enemy.

The skin cancer he got because he lives in Arizona - which has the highest skin cancer rate in America.

Satisfied?

[edit on 5/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I think he looks funny, whats up with his big cheeks? His arms don't appear to be the right proportion to the rest of his body. I don't know maybe it's just me.

The old guy was in a vietnamese concentration camp for five years! of course his body is messed up. Can you imagine the hell they put him through? I am surprised he has lived this long.

I (and most of conservatives) have a bad feeling about McCain also.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I hope nothing happens to him because I decided yesterday that I would be voting for him if (because) Obama is the Democratic nominee. Of course my vote won't be for McCain as much as it will be against Obama.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Yes, that was classy. Make fun of the man's physical issues. He's a Vietnam vet and POW who was tortured. Sometimes I could just scream at the insensitivity of some people.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by reject

You should be worry, very worrry, McCain is favor by the same people that got Bush elected in 2000.

The same people that pushed our war, that is bankrupting our country and that is giving away our children future for profits and greed.

Yes, you should be very afraid, because McCain is nothing more than another Bush with a different face.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Yes, you should be very afraid, because McCain is nothing more than another Bush with a different face.

Nah, McCain leans waaaay too far to the left to be anything like Bushy. He doesn't just reach across the aisle he skips over there and hands out party favors...hangs out tells jokes kisses butts and grudgingly limps back to the right again.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It seems like that's 3 battles won for McCain and a beautiful zed for Obama. To me, Obama has nothing to prove he can be a good prez other than a wacked out opinion and a price tag. Clinton (if she wins) is even worse, and we all know what benefit another Clinton would do, it would change our president from a prez who fights wars for oil to a prez who pulls out early with no logic on retribution.

To me, mccain is FAMILIAR with war. He's lived it, breathed it, fought it. He's not like Bush, Bush sat at some no name base in Texas during wars, McCain was where he wax useful. And worse for clinton and obama, they were probably workin their job rather than servin time in the military.

McCain is the PERFECT guy to get us out of the war WITH OUR NAME IN TACT (like BUsh hasn't severed that completely yet). And i pray that Romney is his vp so he can have a hand at fixing our economy. Another thing the bush team severed.

Could someone PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE explain to me, give me a list of reason or a even a link as to why/how either dem is better than mccain?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
So does Obama

I swear, how old are you? You are starting to remind me of Cindy Sheehan, like a dog with a bone. Let it go.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Well I think they all blow and we are all screwed (can I say that word?)

Im not even registered, why do all you folks that come here to ATS and know what a joke it all is, care who is running, none of them will do anything good. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Sorry to brake the ideology dream that in America we have honest, clean politicians, our for the people politicians are like whores ready to sell themselves for the higest bid in congress.

All the candidates are on personal, corporate and forced agendas, they do not work for you, me or anybody else.

We the people in this nation, lost control of our nation a long time ago.

McCain as any good corporate Republican will futher the corporate agenda in the middle east and will bring down the American common citizens dream in favor of corporate profits for oil barons.

Clinton agenda has her own gods of profits to feed, Obama I am still trying to find what he will be worhsiping and feeding, but perhaps 4 years of hold on the sell out of America will help wake america from the proganada dreams that we have to save face in the face of an enemy that our own government created.

Wake up to reality, is not such thing as a good man in politics anymore and neither a woman.

A littler tibit of what kind of people McCain will surround himself if he wins the White house.

McCain’s Lobbyists In Trouble For Foreign Lobbying
Progressive Media USA
PUBLISHED: May 11, 2008

The people that surround me are honorable people.”
- John McCain [Town Hall Meeting, Exeter, NH 03/12/08]

mccainsource.com...

I think McCain the dinosaur needs a lesson on honesty.

Is Hillary Clinton a "Corporate Democrat"?

www.theleftcoaster.com...

Despite Rhetoric, Obama Pushed Lobbyists' Interests

Away from the bright lights and high-minded rhetoric of the campaign trail, Democratic presidential hopeful Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., has quietly worked with corporate lobbyists to help pass breaks worth $12 million.

blogs.abcnews.com...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by marg6043]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
I swear, how old are you?

Older than you, I'm sure.

Let it go.

Not a freak'n chance.

BTW .. Your protests of my posts are starting to sound like Cindy Sheehan.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Like I ever mentioned obama???

Ok so I now know why he looks the way and moves the way he does, Now does all of this Explain why he Thinks the Way he does, and you think he would make a Good President???

You don't think he is as mentally damaged as he is physically??

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
....I believe that I am going to agree with the person who said that we are all royally %^&$ed! It does not matter who you vote for; it will end in the same manner regardless of who is President.

President-noun: Person who appears to be in charge of a country or nation, but is really no better than a puppet on a stick for greedy, corporate warlords that work from behind the scenes.
2-Pusher for the Federal Reserve Bank and its agenda
3-a dirty, rotten piece of &%$#

Also, LEARN TO TYPE IN COMPLETE ENGLISH!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Unfortunately, this thread is a perfect representation of what has happened to the political dialogue in this country. We insult, we ridicule, hang labels on people, make incredibly stupid accusations without any substance. We distort positions, we distort issues, we make preposterous comparisons and generally carry on like 4th graders.

It didn't used to be this way. Back in the 1970s, before the TV news channels and all the radio pundits, we had a sane, level-headed discussions of the issues and where we should be headed. Everything was discussed on the basis of what was real, on the basis of having substantive reasons for what you say. It was boring to the average knuckle-dragger, who was generally not interested.

And no, I'm sorry, "McCain scares me" and "Obama is so ugly he made an onion cry" (which is a joke I heard over 30 years ago) is not substance.

That's the problem. We've tried to turn the national political discussion into entertainment, which is not what it should be. Unfortunately, when you start name-calling, ridiculing, distorting, getting all whupped up about anyone who has a different opinion than you and turning politics into melodrama it appeals to people with limited intellects who can't really understand most of the issues anyway. And there are a lot of them so it means big ratings, more books sold, etc.

And I know it won't change. That's the depressing part for somebody who really loves his country like me.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by ClintK]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join