It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Crop Circles!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:13 AM
link   
So it’s a divided house where crop circles are concerned. Made by aliens or are they man-made? Undoubtedly, many are known to be man-made, but there are some that defy explanation.

Before you go any further, take a good look at this CC:

Yatesbury Crop Circle
Courtesy: margheritacampaniolo

In 2002, Discovery Channel commissioned 5 aeronautics and astronautics students from MIT to create crop circles of their own. Discovery's production team consulted with crop circle researcher Nancy Talbott, who provided them with three attributes which she believed set "real" crop circles apart from known man-made circles such as those created by Doug and Dave. These criteria were:

1. Elongated apical plant stem nodes.
2. Expulsion cavities in the plant stems.
3. The presence of 10-50 micrometer diameter magnetized iron spheres in the soils, distributed linearly.

Talbott noted that the team had only been able to recreate 2 of the 3 criteria.

Talbott also expressed concerns that the iron particles were not distributed laterally. Furthermore, she felt that the team's use of night vision headsets and other technologically advanced items ( Microwave emitters and the "Flammschmeisser" to spray iron particles through a heated ring), would be out of reach for the average hoaxer.

Be that as it may, there is a phenomenon with some of the CCs that has not been investigated to the extent they should have.

The Ghost Circles

Do magnetized iron spheres in the soil which are seen to be distributed linearly, have any affect on the phenomenon of ‘Ghost Circles’? Since these are unable to be produced either naturally, or by artificial means, could they have an ET connection?

For many years, flying over the traditional English places that have crop circles inside (Wiltshire, Hampshire, Sussex etc…) we have been aware that sometimes, where last year a crop existed, after one year, after a new crop has grown, we have been able to catch sight, from above, of "signs" that mark off those plant areas that had been impressed into the soil forming the patterned outline.

These newly grown areas produce ‘ghosts’ of previous CCs though the area has been ploughed before planting the next crop!

Now take a look at Peter Sorensen’s images of ‘ghost’ CCs:

Pics: Peter Sorensen

That’s intriguing! Ghost images in newly laid crops of previous crop circles! If the CCs were man made, how come their ghost images appeared one year later after the field was planted with new crops after re-plowing? That means there’s something in the soil that has reproduced the ghost image. How can it reappear again after a year?

Can this happen if CCs are made with wooden planks and a few yards of rope?

Cheers!

en.wikipedia.org...
www.margheritacampaniolo.it...
www.mightycompanions.org...

[edit on 15-5-2008 by mikesingh]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   
This is very interesting, I have not heard of it before even though I have been in and seen many crop circles in person. Its one thing I love about living in the south west of England.

Could the felled crop rot and make certain areas better for growing, like fertiliser?

On my way to college every summer I would pass the same field and every year there would be a new crop circle.

I honestly don't know where they come from, I do think that at least some must be man made though, but this ghost thing is strange.

Cheers for posting it!

[edit on 15-5-2008 by CuriosityStrikes]

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
That's certainly strange,the crops would have been ploughed and turned,so it shouldn't be there.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Most interesting. Being on the fence as I am, I seem to find myself being drawn deeper and deeper into this mystery. What an interesting obversation though. I'm intriuged to say the least!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Being a person who prefers to believe that humans are responsible, that people can work quietly through the night with planks and ropes, I'll be honest and say I don't know.

If the ground was not ploughed it may have an adverse effect, with people squashing the ground, even then only slightly if at all, but since it was ploughed this can not be the case.

Is the ghost effect caused by higher or lower yield crops than unaffected areas?

S&F

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
well, it's ETs; OR maybe crop circle hoaxers are more advanced than we thought.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Thinking way outside the box and probably sounding rather stupid i have to ask. Could this be caused by lightning? Could the small iron particles be made by melting of iron in the soil, maybe that itself would attract the lightning to strike there. Could the result be damage to the soil in that area quite dep down so even when ploughed it doesn't quite get the damage out? Is it possible a local magnetic field is caused and could that itself have negative effects on plant growth?

Yes sorry a few wild ideas there but it's what came to me.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

Once again Mike fades back he shoots and he....schoooooooolssssssss!!!!
Nice Mike! Good stuff!!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Well Mike, once again you have posted a great thread that gets my mind working like a locomotive on crack. Very interesting find, I had no idea that this happened.

Another star and flag thread!!

Has there been any type of radiation found in the soil of the parts that have been cut out or tromped down? I would also be interested if the soil of the CC has an unusually high salt content.

The magnetized iron spheres are a definite mystery. Since it is stated that they are not able to be produced naturally or artificially, what else could create this other than ET's?

Very interesting........very interesting indeed.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Has there been any type of radiation found in the soil of the parts that have been cut out or tromped down?

Hi QBS! Yep! Take a peek at the image below which is a magnetic anomaly found in one of the CCs. This obviously couldn't have been produced by pranksters with wooden planks and pieces of rope!!

Courtesy: Colin Andrews.

The magnetized iron spheres are a definite mystery. Since it is stated that they are not able to be produced naturally or artificially, what else could create this other than ET's?

Well here's more...

Photomicrograph (100 X) of 10-40 micron diameter, spherical,
magnetic particles of the type regularly found in crop circle soils.
EDS reveals these spheres to be pure iron; the fact that they are
Magnetized reveals they were formed in a magnetic field.

Courtesy: BLT Research

So is it possible that magnetic signatures of some CCs continue to remain deep in the soil, which have an affect on the soil composition resulting in these 'Ghost Circles'?

But the question is: How did the magnetic anomalies come about???

Cheers!

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Fantabulous thread!
You've raised my eyebrows. I figured most crop circles were made by humans. With some unexplained ones on the side. This is making me take another look at that thought ....

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Cool photo's. As for the magnetic anomalies, Makes me wonder how close the possible alien craft would have to be to create the CC's or would the ET's be on foot when creating them. If not, one could think that the possible propulsion system of the craft might have something to do with it. I would suspect that this system would also be the main source of any energy device used to create the CC's as well.

I know......way out there theory but I like to be outside the box once and a while.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I have stated my opinion before, and will do it once again! I believe aliens or other life forms from around the universe are either taking a field trip with "students" or whatever you would call the offspring of aliens. These students are doing designs in our crops for grades!

Last year, a strange object was seen hovering over a cranberry bog between Wareham and Plymouth MA. It left a small to medium size circle in the bog. I want to say it looked like a burn mark, but it clearly wasn't entirely dead where the circle was. This year, there is a ghost mark where the circle was.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Ah Singhsaab, this is why you are a Master of Conspiracies!

The presence of "ghost" circles is intriguing. Is it possible the farmer did not plant crops in those areas for some reason?

Is the presence of Iron in the soil detrimental to crop growth? That may explain this.

If so, why the hell would hoaxers put Iron spheres into the soil if its going to affect the farmer? Thats the equivalent of salting his earth... it affects his livelyhood.

I have no respect for hoaxers because they destroy the farmers' property and hard work. However this appears to be beyond rational explanation. Could we be looking at the chalkboard doodles of a cosmic race?

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I think these super advanced crop circles are proof...

You can't stomp around in one night and create a mathematically perfect fractal laid out in a cornfield!

You would have to have GPS, air support, night vision, advanced microwave equipment... a knowledge of how fractals work, and MOST importantly, the message behind leaving a fractal in a cornfield conveys.

Some dumbass with a plank and some rope definitely wouldn't have the slightest clue. It's obviously intelligently designed to convey a message. They are appearing as fractals for a reason. Just study fractals, and the theories behind them, and you will get the amazing message being left by these presences.

How else are they supposed to talk to us right now? We'd tear 'em limb from limb! Just look how we are treating the Muslims and the Africans of the world, who just have some brownish skin, or even people with deformities... it's so sad and unnecessary. What about an entirely different species from an entirely different solar system, evolved from an entirely different ecosystem, probably from completely alien phylums and such? I shudder to think, and I think "they" are being ultra cautious with us at this stage.

I think a lot of the "evil alien" stuff is propaganda. I think, if there are evil beings of some intelligence, they are from somewhere on or in our own Earth/solar system.

I often wonder... an alien civilization ten million years more intellectually advanced than us, would they really be cruel or cold like us? Not in my opinion. Not if you know the next stages of human consciousness development. It just couldn't happen. A civilization that advanced would be at peace with their existence, and the existence of the rest of the universe.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
i am in favor of the lightning explanation - though it doesn't necessarily have to be a natural phenomenon. we can create lightning using high voltage generators. see, there are arc welding systems out there that use lasers to guide the electrical arc. search google for "laser-guided arc welder". also, there are scientists that are doing research using lasers pointed at storm clouds to direct lightning strikes toward the laser source. however, this is a destructive process, and to produce something like the crop circles, you'd almost have to be shooting your laser from *behind* the source of high voltage (above the clouds, or even from behind a needle attached to a high voltage generator).

the current that flows through the air as the "lightning" strike takes place would generate a magnetic field that flows counter-clockwise to the flow of electrons. the heat from the electrical arc would be enough to melt the iron in the soil, and magnetic flux tends to pass through iron better than anything else, so the molten iron spots in the soil would hold most of the magnetic flux. if they cooled fast enough, they would retain the magnetic field as their magnetic regions would cool in an aligned state.

the plant life in the area could easily be affected in the expected ways by a high voltage, high current electron pulse (like a lightning generator pulse) with it's accompanying magnetic field.

of course, to make the beautiful designs that we see in the crop circles, the "artist" would have to have a great bit of skill in waiving that laser/high voltage emitter around.

so while i agree it's probably lightning, i don't think it's natural, and i don't think that even a group of hoaxers could accomplish what needed to be done in a single night without tremendous resources. besides, what would be the point?

of course, i don't believe in "aliens" in the traditional sense, but i do believe that something is out there......

-chris

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i think years ago they were crop circles but now its more like crop communication. its almost like a form of writing to an attempt to have a one way talk. i think the lightning idea is bogus, sorry. i really like the one where an alien face is made and a circle with binary codes are formed on it. its quite elaborate and highly unlikely created by man in one night.
much more then a circle! perhaps they need a name change to fit their new functioning. MIT ingenuity couldn't recreate them i doubt we have highly advanced and super fast night crawling pranksters all over the world hoaxing the world. nor do i believe they have lightning powered /microwave crop circle makers either.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It has been speculated before that crop circles are "Land marks" right?
well, these pretty much push that hypothesis a couple notches forward in my book.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Im sure this one has been brought up before, but what about the message on the smaller circle (in binary) any thoughts on this one?

Alien face and binary message CC

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

yes thank you . that is one of many that i find amazing in creation. and the disk shape with its code pretty cool too. if the others are types of communication they are probably extremely more advanced versions.
the author of that story appears to believe at first from what i've read against the idea of alien involvement in its creation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join