It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Crop Circles!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

The image you provided of the magnetic 'aura' looks more like an aerial specrograph (google it) to determine crop health- not measurements of magnetic fields. The camera detects certain wavelengths of light while viewing the crop and the resulting image shows the differences in crop density. If you can provide details on what instrument was used to create the image I can look into it further, but I think this will be a dead end for you. I've worked with agricultural GIS systems for years and have never heard of any device which can be used from an airplane to capture that much detail.

As far as the physical magnetic nodules found- this is obviously a case by case subject and of course needs much research in the areas the nodules were found. Unless samples were taken across the entire field to compare against, there is nothing that goes against these particles occurring naturally through the TONS of space debris dumped on us daily. Like I said before, unless a proper grid-survey of the soil in the fields is done and finds that the nodules TRUELY only exist in the CC's, I'm on the fence.

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone has brought this up but one of the differences between say a hoaxers efforts and the true phenomenon of a crop circle is if the stalks are bent or broken.

Usually if its a hoax the stalks will be snapped or broken from the pieces of rope and planks of wood. Because of this the crops fail to grow after being broken.

Where as in the true phenomenon of crop circles the stalks are bent. They will continue to grow whilst laying flat on the ground.

Video of Orb phenomena making crop circles:

Another video of orb phenomena making crop circles.

edit: if i read the opening post i would see the that bent nodules were brought up but i think putting it in lamens terms also helps.

[edit on 18-5-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by blahdiblah

I don't think you are correct with your statement that the determining factor between a 'real' CC and a fake one is whether the stalk is bent or broken-
there is nothing 'mystical' about this- just coincidence due to different crop types and timing.

All grass will remain pliable until it is close to mature and the stalks become woody and then they can break- the same applies with seed crops as well- it just depends on when the event occurs. Even if the stalk is woody but there is enough vigor in the plant it will continue to grow after being broken.

I was under the assumption that the orb video had been debunked years ago when it came out. This was a very easy CGI job for this video- fields of grain are simple to mask, cut and paste.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by dhardeman

Good points although I always worked under the assumption that if you broke a plants stalk,it would be unable to grow.

I did hear the video had come under some controversy I didn't know it had been debunked just that the person making the video was shady.

So instead of just making idle speculation i decided to do a quick google of the whole thing.

I found this book Crop Circles - Signs of Contact by Colin Andrews and Stephen Spignesi. Chapter 15 is devoted to the Oliver's Castle Video. The guy who took the video is John 'Weighleigh' Wabe. The Author goes on to say that John Wabe made an on camera confession that he faked the whole thing using his editing skills.

I will reserve judgment until I've actually seen this confession. The author in know way technically disproves the video, he just refers to the on camera confession as proof of it being faked. He then lists a bunch of subjective factors as weight to his argument.

Another interesting little find i gleaned from chapter 17 of this book was:

I was fortunate and grateful to have the whole project fully funded by well known philanthropist Laurence Rockefeller.

The author purports to have been funded by L. Rockefeller for a number of his projects "crop circle investigations" over a long period of time.

I wonder why one of the Rockefeller's is so interested in Crop Circles?

[edit on 19-5-2008 by blahdiblah]

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 06:22 AM
link   
i suspect that anything that might be of potential use to the rockefellers interests were for purely self gain for their big agenda?.

[edit on 19-5-2008 by survivor]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
OMGosh! S@F and I am still on page one

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Flag and star! Oh my, thankyou. This is what I came to ATS for and this is what keeps me sane.

How compelling. I love the ghosting effect, it's something I've not heard of before. It really gets me wondering. I do believe that the vast majority of the crop circles are faked though.

I have a few questions if anyone wants to try and answer them... Mainly about those three points.

1 - What do you mean by "elongated apical plant stem nodes"... This is meaningless jargon to me! Elongated tops of plant stem... nodes? Huh?

2 - Expulsion cavities? I assume this is referring to the stems being bent, but this makes it sound like they're broken which is often one of the big things about crop circles AFAIK. People are always saying that the stems are never broken and that's amazing... this sounds different.

3 - The iron magnetized iron spheres. HUH? This is really inrtiguing but I've never heard of this. First of all, they're tiny and magnetised? How has this been tested and observed? Finally - Do they cover all of the circle or just some parts? How deep in the ground?

Anyway it's really interesting but I want to see more info on the details, becuase it's the details that count in this case.

Very interesting stuff... Thanks for posting.

posted on Jul, 22 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
I am new here. So please describe more so I could understand.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Spooky

Perhaps some kind of signal from the makers makes the crops grow that way?

I seriously think the time for the reveal is approaching fast.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Nancy Talbott and her BLT Research Team investigated in 1999 a crop circle in Edmonton, Alberta. They discovered abnormally high levels of crystallisation in the clay minerals in the soil inside the formations that could have been caused only by very high temperatures (600-800 degrees Centigrade) or high pressures - both of which were obviously absent when the crop circle was created because they would have left considerable, easily noticed damage to the crops:
www.bltresearch.com...
Dr. Robert C.Reynolds, Jr., who is Frederick Hall Professor of Geology and Mineralogy, Emeritus, at Dartmouth College and the best known expert in the world of X-ray diffraction analysis of clay minerals, concluded that there is no known scientific cause for the crystallisation of the clays inside the crop circle that could not have damaged the plants very severely.

Perhaps this crystallisation of the clays in the interior of the Canadian crop circle is typical of all genuine crop circles but affects the soil only below downed plants, not the crop that was left standing. If so, it could plausibly stop crops in the areas where plants had been downed previously from growing again as well as crops in previously undisturbed areas. This might happen perhaps by the altered soil below downed stalks becoming relatively less efficient at retaining moisture, thereby inhibiting growth and marking out weakened plants that grow only in the soil with crystallised clay minerals.

To test this hypothesis would need money, time and access to X-ray diffraction apparatus, as well as consent from farmers to take soil samples from their fields when crop circles appear in them.

posted on Sep, 30 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

Hi,I think your right about a message in these crop circles but the thing is are we bright enough to read them.We have our own technology and this is limited ,,Like looking for life on Mars we look for things similar to what is on earth using machines made by man,,What if there is life and we cannot sense it

posted on Oct, 1 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ghost Crop circle!! I had heard of crop circles created by ET but not Ghost crop circle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join