It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 141
<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ur44lois

Hi, Lois!
I've been popping in & out to see if anyone else posted.
Not feeling antsy right now, was a little bit a few hours ago. But had some major ear ringing earlier. It's almost gone now. Can just barely hear it.

Hubby doesn't feel well at all. Stomach ache, ear ringing, nausea, pain in his temples, but no headache.
He even looks sick!
When he mentioned it, it was the same time my ear ringing started. Went & looked at USGS & saw the one in Tennessee, but it happened about an hour and a half before the symptoms started!
Don't know what to think.
Are you having any other symptoms now, or has it stayed the same?
WOQ

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Oh geez. I thought it was just me. I have felt something building the whole week, but kinda different from other earthquake. I keep getting a sense of smothering- odd and I have no idea what it means. Lol. Like I ever do.

Also, the heart palps are not steady.

Some strange synchronicities tonight. Links to the thoughts: get to higher ground, 3-05, fire rain, time so near.

Random, I know but I don't make sense very often on here.

Be well.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Been feeling very sick for the last few days but it's probably just a bug. Sore throat, nasal congestion, chest congestion, headaches, upset stomach... the works. Have had zero appetite for the last two days. Don't really know where it came from though, my mom's had a bad cough for the last 3 weeks but that's the only symptom she's got, and my chest congestion is probably the mildest of my symptoms so I doubt it's something I caught from her. My anxiety was very high about two hours ago for some reason but it has settled a bit since then. May have been my blood pressure going up from the cold meds.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

I had a few days last week when I didn't feel much of anything. Monday I had the stomach bug so I ignored everything I felt for a couple of days. Last night I felt very anxious ( I don't have any kind of panic disorder) and as a nurse I am usually pretty logical about everything. This was like wanting to wring my hands, I feel it this morning also. Just in the last 2 months I will gag and dry heave for no reason about the time there is a larger quake anywhere...my grown children are like wth are you sick...I say no...it just happens out of the blue. I can't get rid of the feeling that the "stuff is fixing to hit the fan". My animals 5 dogs 4 cats and 2 blue and golds are alerting to any little noise and want in and out a million times a day. I notice when my rottie goes out she lifts her nose in the air and just smells...then she will immediately want back in. Even my 14 yo rarely barking chihuahua is running to the door and barking when nothing or no one is around. I wish whatever was going to happen would get it over with already. Last night dreams of having to get things ready to go south..saw many things happening at once like eq's followed by volcanic eruptions, and feeling like no where was really safe due to the earth changes. Ok now that I feel like a nutbar thats whats going on with me and my 2 cents worth.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yay, so good to meet another nurse, I am a nursing student and I guess you can figure out why I am attracted to this thread!

I will be away for a while, going to study nursing in Europe on a study abroad scholarship with my nursing program for the next week and a half, so I won't be able to give much input or watch this thread like I do on a daily basis. I hope everything remains calm for everyone.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Ok now that I feel like a nutbar thats whats going on with me and my 2 cents worth.

HA!
Nutbar STILL has me LOL!!!!! I use the SAME term and sometimes say nutjob. Love it!

I think people can sense a lot. We are becoming more aware as each day passes. When I say aware I also mean the fact that we have real time news. We KNOW what is going on in the cosmos and within this planet and our solar system. It is a knowing and hopefully the veil will be lifted sooner than later.

In my opinion you are not a nutbar...just intuitive.
xoxox

Thanks for sharing!!!

Jenn

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

Hi!
I know what you mean.
I think most humans have lost touch with how to tune into what their body, mind & spirit are trying to tell them.
Even medically. We've become so 'modernized' that we have lost the ability to recognize subtle signs. So busy, that we don't pay attention.
My great aunt grew up on a farm. They had to know how to read the weather signs in order to make a living & survive.
We would all be up a creek if we had to do that!

It's a shame that probably most of that old common sense knowledge is lost! Written off as superstition.
I believe in paying attention to things. Even little, seemingly insignificant things. They are definitely trying to tell us something. We just have to learn how to read them!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Hi!
Sorry I didn't get back to you right away, I've been following one of the bad weather threads.
I get that anxious feeling too. Sometimes it's just annoying, other times it's really strong. I feel like I should be doing something, but I don't know what! Or like I want to just walk & walk!

I've thought too, I wish it would just hurry up & get it over with. But then I feel bad, TEOTWAWKI is not something I'm looking forward to, or want to live through!!! It's just that 'waiting for the other shoe to drop' feeling that's hard to live with!!!

I had a recurring dream when I was in grade school. Exactly the same every time. I was in my front yard with some other people, & carrying a baby on my hip, when everything started happening. I thought of that dream everytime one of our kids was born, until they were too big to carry. Same thing when the grandkids came along. As soon as they were too big, I would think, "Phew, I guess it's not going to come true!" If we ever find out another grandchild is on the way, I'll be worried again!

Did you feel anything different before Japan? I wish I had been keeping a journal so I could go back & look. I had only recently read about the eq connection before it happened. Wasn't paying attention too much yet then.

I would for sure keep an eye on the animals. They have nothing to go on but feelings & instinct! Especially if they are all alerting at the same time! That's what usually catches my attention really fast!!!

Dry heaves...how awful! I just get super hungry. Which is really odd because if I'm really busy doing something I can forget all about eating. So when I feel like I can't get full, I think, uh, oh! Funny how we can all feel it differently!

How are you feeling otherwise? The chemo is over isn't it? Hope everything went well!
Take care.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Before Japan I was keeping a journal beside the bed, but we have since moved and I haven't found the box its in. I would have the pressure in my ears, and I don't know how to explain it other than I could hear the quakes before I felt them under my feet. When Japan happened I was immediately awakened with a feeling like my head was going to explode, anxious and feeling like I was laying in a boat instead of a bed. After the cancer diagnosis I didn't pay attention to what I was feeling as I didn't know if it was from the effects of the surgery or the chemo. Yes the chemo is over and I am cancer free now. The chemo has caused neuropathy in my feet and hands so I have not gone back to work. My feet are so sensitive that stepping on a piece of cat litter feels like a boulder. Hopefully that will resolve the further from chemo I get. Now that I am back to feeling like me, I have the same pressure in the ears, headaches, but increased times of feeling anxious like something is going to happen, although now..I will just gag too LOL...When it happens I immediately look on the helicorders or eq lists. The dogs have been tripping all day, the rott has been out 8 times in the last hour. My husband is working in Houston during the week and when he came in tonight asked what in the world is wrong with her...I said she has been going outside and whining off and on all day. She's healthy as a horse. Right now she is wanting to sit in my lap which is a little hard for a 95 lb dog. I'd be surprised if things stay quiet the way we are all feeling.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Well, that 6.6 in the Loyalty Islands might be some of what we were feeling. My hubby got up this morning & looked on USGS. He hardly ever does that, or at least won't admit to it! I didn't know he did until he called me to look at it.

There have been so many moderate ones in such diverse places. 4.8 in Dominican Region, (those seem to affect us as much as bigger, more distant ones!), 5.5 in Chile, Russia, Canada, Japan. The crust must be humming!

It doesn't feel like it's over yet though. Hubby doesn't think so either. He felt so awful that he called off work yesterday. That hardly ever happens. Maybe he's just coming down with something on top of the eqs!

The way you & my husband's heads have been hurting, & my ears ringing, (it's going again now), imagine what the poor dogs must be feeling! Their ears are so much more sensitive! Poor things, at least we know what's going on!
They are probably scared on top of feeling crummy!
Take care.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   
ok got that headache, ears hurting anxious and gagging reflex popping up again wonder where its going to hit now?

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Lois, we're all nutbars here, I guess. So don't worry about it. Just watch out for any squirrels that give you hungry looks.

But seriously though, no matter what the world at large or even the ATS membership at large may think, I still feel we have both the right and (dare I say?) the duty to proceed as we are doing. We won't neglect the scientific aspects and in fact, I am sure we have all learned something just from the materials available in this one thread, but I am coming to believe more and more strongly in the need to return to some of the "old ways" of doing things: looking at signs from nature that are there if we wish to perceive them, listening to our own bodies and the ways they are affected by our environment at all levels, and yes -- even accepting or at least considering the concept that whether we understand it or not, some living things (including humans) are able to sense earth changes before they physically manifest themselves in ways that are more apparent.

My goodness, what a long sentence! My apologies, all. In short, I believe that we need to utilize all available resources and pool our knowledge and experience. We need to do this, because the longer the clock ticks, the closer the time is to the next "big one" -- and anything that might help to determine where that may be is worth whatever slights we might receive along the way.

Fortunately, in the quiet backwater where this thread resides, we are left pretty much to ourselves. Moderators check in on us from time to time and even contribute (thank you, ArMap
), but by and large this is a peaceful place.

This thread has been running since May, 2008, when Kattraxx established it. During the almost four years that have followed, I feel we have made some progress and certainly had many opportunities to learn and share, to offer support, to voice ideas, to perhaps change our attitudes on some things. All of this is positive. And ultimately, I feel, everything we do here brings us one step closer to the goal, which is to contibute to ways to predict destructive earthquakes and through that, perhaps play a small part in saving someone's life.

Just the chance to help save even one life is worth everything. I mean, if what we do collectively, both here on this thread and through any other communications we have, gives just one living, breathing person a greater chance to go on living and breathing, how can we place a value on our efforts?

We might not find the ultimate solution to predicting quakes here, but what if something we write and share is the catalyst for another person? What if they take something from what we do and are able to use it to reach that ultimate goal?

It doesn't matter if we never know who might be helped. But doing something is a whole lot better than doing nothing.

We're doing something. I thank you all for everything you do, for every insight, for every kind word of support you give to others, for every link to new material, for every question that makes us look and dig deeper and learn more, for every theory, no matter how way-out.

Thank you, everyone. I think you're all wonderful.

And if we're a bunch of nutjobs, nutbars or just plain old-fashioned "nuts", I'm glad to be in your company.

Mike

edit on 6/3/12 by JustMike because: I think it wuz a typo...

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

WELL PUT.

Great bunch sorting through many tons of complex puzzle pieces. If one person is saved to live a little longer, it's worth it.

For some reason, your post reminded me of the book

THE HARBINGER

. . . Jonathan Cahn

All these physiological symptoms . . . I still believe . . . at some point WILL turn out to be harbingers of massive quakes.

posted on Mar, 7 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   
CME tonight wonder if that thing is going to cause symptoms?

posted on Mar, 8 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Hello Lois,

that's a good question and the more we learn about the Sun and its effects on our planet, the more I wonder about its possible effects on us and other living things, especially the more sentient ones. So I think we'd all appreciate any observations that members have, as maybe there is a tie-in. It makes sense that there could be.

Just on the subject of the Sun's influence, I have my doubts that these transient solar effects directly trigger quakes as some have suggested in threads here and also in other places. But on the other hand, science has only been studying solar effects on our planet for a relatively short time and there is doubtless still much to discover. So, I remain open to the idea.

Mike

posted on Mar, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
I have been pretty intent on seeing a large quake all day today due to a dream I had this morning, which told me to be watching "just south of Iran" and "Russia" specifically... feels like it was way off, there was a 5.1 just about an hour after I got up very close to Iran, though not south of it. Nothing of note in Russia. Big headaches started coming on about 4 hours ago, and now a 7.1 in Vanuatu. Not a surprising area for a large quake obviously. Just knew I should be watching for something today. Think I mostly kind of expected it because of the solar storm though.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   

I put this on the regular quake thread but I think it best and most fittingly goes here:

FWIW,

I just received by email, news of Timothy Snodgrass and Susan OMarra both having had dreams very recently of an 8.0 or higher quake hitting California. No timeline given but they seem to be convinced that it' snot far off.

One was convinced that the 7.1 in Vanuatu was a signal that the California quake was very close. He noted that there were other such in that area but felt in his spirit that this last one was more prophetically significant for some reason.

There have been a surprising number of Christian prophetic sources writing about a looming large California quake on the unspecified near horizon. Precisely what it means remainst to be seen. However, folks living in such areas in California OUGHT TO ALREADY BE PREPARED with food and water.

Personally, I'd move to higher ground if I wasn't already living on higher ground in California. Too late is . . . toooooo late.

I have had personal dialogue with Susan OMarra and consider her an authentic prophetic Christian. I'd trust her with my life fairly easily.

Timothy Snodgrass has sometimes seemed like a mixed bag. I think he has a good heart and probably is more right more often than wrong. However, sometimes, I think his . . . perhaps inflated convictions . . . about his own presumed status with The Lord may distort his 'hearing' and perceptions. Maybe he's corrected such since I first kept track of him years ago. I hope so.

In this case, certainly their both having essentially the same dream at essentially the same time frame . . . is a bit . . . startlingly something. I don't consider it a coincidence.

Certainly time will tell.

May God have mercy on all who live in such quake prone areas.

Thanks for this thread.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Yes, I saw your post over on QW and frankly, considering the nature of that thread, the response you received doesn't really surprise me.
That one is not a forum for predictions, although the odd one slips by occasionally. Here is probably better and much more OT.

I don't know either of the people you mentioned -- or should I say I cannot recall them -- but it is interesting (to say the least) that they both avow the same calling and have had similar dreams at the same time. One has to wonder about it.

It is true that a mag 8-plus is possible within California and in the other thread I wrote a post to reference a report and statements by both a USGS seismologist and also the head of the SCEC, who concur that if the is a full rupture of one specific 340-segment of the SAF that has not let go in a ling while, it could produce a mag 8.1. (The longer the rupture, the bigger the quake that can be produced. That's basiclaly how these things are worked out.) And yes, they say the fault's fully load, so to speak, and could let go at any time.

Oh, the report about this is in the LA times from Oct 10, 2010 and it can be read here

Sobering stuff.

To be honest, right now I am concerned about another region rather than California and in fact it's not even in the USA, but while I have a very specific area in mind I'm loathe to say much more publicly just yet. I don't wish to be viewed as a scare-monger. It's not a region I've studied in great depth so I have to take a closer look at some historic data and then decide what to say, based upon what is at least possible from a seismic perspective.

Mike
edit on 13/3/12 by JustMike because: FInally managed to fix the linky...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Thanks tons. Much appreciate your input.

Have you ran across any other 'out there' type warnings for the last half of March?

Sure seems to be a lot in the air.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
All day I have felt like a massive shroud on my head, and that it is sitting about two inches above my shoulders. My whole brain felt fuzzy. Eyes, nose, forehead, ears, even the back of my head. Would have thought it allergies, but that is not one of my personal health issues.

And on a somewhat related note, this past week, I have had the weirdest (well, one of
) sensations. (As a precursor, I get sensations from time to time that are empathic, and I know they aren't me.) Well, it feels as though I am hit in the front with something, and I can feel myself explode out of my back. Particularly the back of my skull. And at the same time, I have seen undulating waves of what I believe is the ground. Looks almost like ripples in a pond.

OK, well I put it out there and and for once, not when I am freaking out and making absolutely no sense whatsoever
Alright, I might still not make much sense, but at least I wrote in whole sentences this time.

top topics

<< 138  139  140    142  143  144 >>

join