It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 140
<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thinkingthing
reply to post by MamaJ

That's really interesting about the clouds. I read a news story a couple of days ago about mysterious animal deaths in Tennessee. Here's the link

Also, my spidey sense has been going haywire the last week. Unusual headaches, ear popping/ringing, bouts of nausea, bouts of anxiety, dreams about disasters, etc. I hadn't been active on ATS for a long time but was drawn back this week, looking for answers. I've got that feeling again. I spent the week making sure I've got everything ready for whatever is coming.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in the conversation

I heard about that...thanks for the link.

I have been sick as well....and I am all glued to ATS as this is my way to release thoughts others have deemed taboo. I so appreciate you jumping into the conversation. Glad to have ya!

What kind of answers are you looking for?

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Feeling very bad today... anxious.. stomach is a mess. Feels like something building, don't know what. Really not feeling right though. =\

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Was a bit of a swarm down by the Salton Sea around the time of my last post... not sure if that's what was going on with me. About 8 or 9 little ones within the hour and a small handful before and after.

earthquake.usgs.gov...

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Great reply Mike thanks and I hope you are feeling much better.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Completely understandable Mike. Take care of yourself first. I have sometimes had to stay away from ATS for a month or two.

Just wanted to mention that the low rumbling noise was going on last night here north of Memphis, and we had clear skies. My ears are ringing a lot as well.

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I actually heard a little rumbling last night as well...I had just come in from E. Tennessee, so I was really tired from the drive(6 hours) or I would have paid a little more attention.

But I did think......Hmmm.....for a split second.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Anyone else having increased symptoms today?

I have been experiencing extreme dizziness and ear ringing today, not good since I have finals today!! This is not helping me to keep focus, this dizziness in my head is making my head spin.

I checked over at quake watch to see if there was anything happening.....and there is a LOT of activity around Japan, Russia and Fiji. Looks like that side of the Pacific ROF is very active today.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

I've got a pretty bad headache today... 3.5 off the coast from me just a little bit ago. Don't know if it's that or something else, didn't sleep real good last night. Hungry, but almost no appetite. At this point though this almost feels like a normal day for me, with the headaches on the rise.

posted on Feb, 28 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have been feeling pretty well lately. Didn't even 'feel' Siberia that I know of. I'm surprised because there has been a lot of moderate activity & a CME?
I have ear ringing off & on, but haven't been able to pinpoint it to any certain one.
Having some today too, and a little antsy & off balance. So thirsty this afternoon, drinking glasses & glasses of spring water. Never have been this thirsty, not even in the summer!

Last night I was hungry for popcorn & didn't think about it until I was halfway through making it. Uh, oh!!! I don't normally even care for it that much.
The cats were taking turns sleeping under the desk again, but I didn't think anything of it because they weren't doing it at the same time. (One of them is under there again now!)

Then today I saw where VA & IL had three last night. I think they were a 2.2, 2.0 & 1.8.
Don't know if that was it or not.
Sometimes it's so hard to tie everything in, especially when the close, little ones, don't get listed 'til the next day or even longer!!!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Re your query about "symptoms": not physically as such, but had one heck of a powerful dream. Yes folks, I know, dreams are just dreams. Sure.

This one ranks up with the one I reported some days back. Very vivid. However the scene was different. This time I was in some kind of hotel or resort place near the beach. It was night and very late as most folks had already gone to bed.

I was standing there on the sand, by some small boats that were (oddly) stacked vertically on-end with their sterns resting on the sand, bows touching. (Imagine a teepee shape but made up of four or five boats. These were maybe 12-footers or something like that; just little boats people could take out for light recreation.) Anyway, I was looking out to see and watching the surf rolling in and then in the distance I saw a wave that was just building and building.

After a few seconds I realized that I was watching an approaching tsunami. I rushed back into the building that was just a few yards behind me over the sand and began yelling, "Tsunami! Tsunami! Wake up, wake up! A tsunami's coming!"

Then the first wave arrived and water began flooding in through the open main doors and across the floor. I headed for the nearest stairs and as I ran up them I repeated my call and also said, "We have to get upstairs!"

Okay then we get a perspective change and once more I was out on the sand, but with a few other people. Again, we watched a wave approach but this was a bigger one than the first one. Much, much bigger.

I recall we just ran for our lives.

The last thing I remember that made coherent sense was the small boats were now all floating aimlessly.

There was some other stuff that went on after that but it was very bizarre and much more "dream-like". For example, as one wave came roaring in, we seemed to watch it as if it were a digital image and an older woman (who seemed to be an expert on waves) was pointing out the extremely long wavelength the wave had and explaining that this was mainly why tsunamis were so dangerous. (In fact, their long wavelength is a major factor in their destructiveness.)

Another weird part was that even while one of the waves was hitting I and a whole bunch of people were in a room (upstairs I think) and there was a TV on, which suddenly broke into its regular program to flash news of the tsunami. Map of west coast US, showing where the wave/s was/were hitting. And something really odd: the map also showed a place in central western China with a flashing red marker to indicate that there had been a massive quake there and this had caused the tsunami. I actually remember commenting that this was complete nonsense as a quake many miles inland couldn't cause a tsunami like this. I even commented that they were not telling us the real story. But that's probably just my conspiracy side coming out...

The reason I'm posting this is because as far as I recall, this is the first very specific dream I've had about a tsunami. I've never had anything quite like this before, not even before or after the previous major tsunamis off Bandah Aceh or Japan.

Query: do any members know of a place on the west coast of the US with a resort or whatever where they stack small boats as I've described? It's not something I've ever seen in reality so I'd like to know.

Well I'll leave it there. Have to go and earn my living.

Mike

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike

Query: do any members know of a place on the west coast of the US with a resort or whatever where they stack small boats as I've described? It's not something I've ever seen in reality so I'd like to know.

For some reason this sounds very much like something I have seen before, but I haven't the slightest clue where... It's very easy for me to picture it in my mind given the description from your dream. I'll have to do some poking around Google and such, thanks for sharing!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Haha, this tickles me in a way even though I know it's not what I was looking for... a boat monument dedicated to those who perished in a tsunami in Malaysia in 2004. I know they aren't stacked the way you described it but I thought it was a little strange, being just a ways south of China and tsunami related.

www.asiaexplorers.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Not on the US, but do you mean something like this?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Thanks for that. It's not quite what I meant but those boats are the right type. Just smallish ones that could be used with a low-power outboard, or oars.

reply to post by ArMaP

Now, that is interesting. I honestly have never seen this before, but yes -- that's the kind of arrangement I saw. Exactly. Except with more modern boats rather than traditional reed boats.

Thank you both for sharing those images. It's very helpful.

Mike

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:18 AM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Interesting that you had a craving for popcorn. Hmmm...

Meanwhile about those smaller quakes that sometimes don't get listed right away. The problem is that such smal quakes sometimes have to be reviewed to make sure they were actually real quakes and not other events that could set off the seismos. The seismologists have to check the wave forms to be certain they show normal quake characteristics; sometimes (for example) they're blasts from mining and in such cases they'll get deleted from the quake database. However, they do maintain lists of mining blasts that get recorded, so it's not as if the data is completely discarded.

Then, there are quakes that are so small and localized that perhaps only one or two seismos pick them up (if any do). In such situations it's very hard to determine location or even magnitude with any precision and so they might also get deleted due to a lack of hard data.

We saw cases during the Arkansas swarms where locals (including ATS members) felt quakes but on occasion they never showed up in the official quake reports. So, just because a quake doesn't get listed officially it doesn't mean it didn't happen. If you feel what seems like a small quake then it's likely that's what it was, offficial records or no official records.

Mike

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Thanks for sharing Mike. The scene you describe in your dreams, for me, reminds me of my home New Orleans after Katrina, and the boats stacked on top of one another, on roofs, etc....different type of disaster but the outcomes are quite similar. Hurricane tidal surges are not so much different that tsunamis, the mechanics are different but having said that, I have never experienced a tsunami either, but, they both have similar outcomes.
Seems like you were given some technical information in your dream about the forces at work creating tsunami waves, that is very interesting! Hope you are feeling better, and glad to see you posting again!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Mike

I did some searching around and found something simliar on a photographer's Flickr account. Photo Here. The photo was taken at the UCLA Marina Aquatic Center (Southern California). In the photo the boats are not stacked in a teepee shape, but they are vertical, on end.

Don't know it that helps.

OiO

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Yeah, ArMap's arrangement was exactly what I was looking for but with boats more like the ones in the photo I found. Had no luck after browsing Google for 20 minutes or so. I still feel I've seen it somewhere, I don't know for sure. I don't get to the beach often (maybe once a year) despite living in So Cal for 20 years. I'm a good hour and a half drive inland. Feels like a display outside a boat rental shop on the beach that I've seen before but I can't pinpoint it.

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

The popcorn craving only has happened twice before since I've been watching eqs. Both times there were 6's within a few hours. If I remember right there were one or two higher 5's the other night. I'm trying to fine tune everything better!
I don't like to even post sometimes if the feelings aren't real strong. If I check the next day & don't see anything that looks like it could be connected, then I get discouraged! Then later on, if a small, closer one is added, I think maybe I was right after all.

They list the smaller ones so quickly out on the west coast. You are right, there are so many more seismos & people watching them, (compared to here in the east). I wouldn't even be surprised if everyone around here goes home by 5! Just not enough action to justify funding for 24 hour human monitoring I guess!

If I had more time I would look for some graph paper, (I wonder if they even still make that!), & plot out all the symptoms & cat behavior, on a scale of 1-5, & note the times & duration.Then maybe I could go back & see more matches! Someday maybe. Or I could just scribble notes & stick them up all over the computer desk 'til it looks like a tree sprouting in the spring. Oops, too late, it already does!!! Notes on Post-its, notes on the back of envelopes, in little notebooks, in big notebooks. Even too much stuff saved on the computer. Every day it says I'm out of memory on another line! I wonder if there is such a thing as an information hoarder?!

Interesting dream! So detailed. Great that you are able to remember it. I can't remember now everything you said about it, but what made you think it hadn't happened yet. Could it have been from the past instead of the future? Maybe the Indonesian tsunami? The thought just crossed my mind for some reason.

Thanks for answering my post.
WOQ

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
anyone else beginning to feel anxious again?

new topics

top topics

<< 137  138  139    141  142  143 >>

join