It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 142
<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by amarenell

WOW.

Thanks for your clear description.

I hope you are writing such sensations in a journal.

You might keep a small one with you and every 3-4 or 6 or 8 hours note any changes in terms of such sensations.

Also noting location where you are at the time of th enotation/sensations might ultimately be interesting or useful.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you for the heads up. I live right smack in between the San Andreas and the Garlock fault. I've been waiting for something to hit us pretty hard here. I'm about as prepared as I can be but definitely not looking forward to it. Personally I'm making plans to move out east to VA in the next few months, but something is telling me to get out of California ASAP, like sooner than I think I'll be able to. I feel like I need to take a vacation sooner rather than later but I just can't afford it if I want to move out entirely. Stress level has been rising lately in my house. My cat's been more chatty than usual the last two days. Hope it's just a phase! Wish I could speak "cat".

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Hmmmmmm

So, what elevation are you and how far from the coast?

Before moving to VA, You might check out

John Moore's Navy map . . . he's on Youtube.

His #3 in the series on WHAT THE GOVERNMENT ISN'T TELLING YOU has the Navy map.

Maybe I have a link.

John Moore—Navy map outlining areas to be inundated—verified by head of Western Cherokee Nation’s Disaster Preparedness office

www.youtube.com... l14l0

And the Hopi elders map at

www.standeyo.com...

is similar.

Doesn't seem like Virginia is going to be a great place within 200-300 miles of the coast.

I don't know that there's an ideal place to move to. There's lots of less ideal places. LOL.

One can only do what one can do.

For me, I have to trust God with all I care about including myself. Doing what I can to prepare for whatever. But I know that regardless, only His Grace will preserve any of us in this life and in eternity. His peace that passes understanding is priceless in crises and otherwise.

I assume you have water and food. And maybe a bugout bag with one for kitty.

California has a lot of wonderful things about it. Lived in San Diego for 10 years. Too many other people liked there, too.

I just know that China is going to invade on the West Coast and Russia on the East coast when WW3 gets kicked off . . . which could easily be when Israel hits Iran . . . which sounds like it may be scheduled before the Nov SElection.

Wheeee.

Sigh.

Soooooooooo . . . not sure what to say . . . pray lots and move somewhere--higher! I guess.

I have long thought that folks without extended families needed to band together and pool their resources and move to better places that way. But they need to be very like minded so unnecessary splits and conflicts are minimized.

Do you have physical symptoms yourself as precursors to quakes?

Does kitty react differently just before a quake?

Anyway--may you all be safe and prepared.

Sigh.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Trying to keep track of the various warnings for major/mega quakes isn't easy, because it seems to me that they are almost constant. I doubt that a month of any year has gone past in recent times without at least one warning of a massive, destructive quake. Often, these warnings seem to indicate either a knowledge of what is poissible in various regions or else they are deliberate attempts to frighten the gullible.

One that I recall especially was from a couple of years back, when some guy got on here and launched a new thread claiming that someone he knew (but whose identifying details he wouldn't reveal) was a psychic who was never wrong. This person had told him that a magnitude 10-something quake was going to strike off China and the ensuing tsunami would sweep far inland and cause massive casualties.

I recall querying this, on the basis that (a ) there had never been a mag 10 in human history anywhere in the world, let alone a mag 10-plus and (b ) there was nowhere near the Chinese coast that could likely even produce one and (c ) if such a thing occurred, why did the psychic make no mention of Japan, which likely would be equally impacted by the same tsunami? (Along with pretty well the entire pacific rim, by the way). I posted much the same in this thread and asserted that the claim was basically implausible and (IMHO) no such quake was going to happen. (If anyone wants the post in this thread I can surely find it.)

The new member, having done a very good job of publicizing his own conspiracy-syle magazine -- which he was at pains to tell us about while he denied that it was the reason for wanting to "warn" us
-- soon vanished from the scene and (AFAIK) has not been seen amongst us since.

Frankly I feel that a fair percentage of those who run their own sites and put out such warnings are primarily interested in building up some kind of a "following" (to attract donations to support their "work"), along with driving traffic to their sites so they can reap a small amount of $$ from the click-throughs. Or, they hope to sell their books, magazines and DVDs, get new bookings for their (paid) lectures and so on. Or they just have big egos that need a lot of feeding.

There is nothing like preying on people's fears to attract a following and helping people to part with their money.

That is one of the reasons why I don't launch a new thread every time I post a prediction, or even open a new thread to inform members of when my predicitons have been right. Just with cases I've logged here I could have had a dozen threads of that type by now -- but to what purpose, beyond the concepts of "following" and so on I mentioned above? And yes, if I followed the form of these money-chasers I wouldn't mention any predictions I'd made which turned out to be wrong!

The only "forecasters" of quakes I am interested in looking at are those who can show some success at getting things right, within a pretty limited range for magnitude, time and location -- with the proviso that the quakes they predict within those parameters are not highly likely to occur by chance anyway. And their magnitude range must be reasonable: giving a range of (say) mag 4 to mag 7 is absurd: the latter is 1,000 times less likely than the former, but there are people who use three-magnitude ranges in their so-called predictions!

And further, I am not interested in those who only keep tabs on the predictions where they are right and who bury/delete any references to ones they make that didn't happen. If they get it wrong I want them to come out and say so! I try to be diligent in this regard, as being wrong is often just as valuable as being right.

All I want are honest efforts. Even if they don't do very well, they have to be honest about it. Very few of those out in www-land follow these maxims of diligence and so I pay them little heed. And I would advise others to do the same. I'd also advise people to do what we do: try to acquire at least a basic knowledge of what is possible and where it's possible. That way it's much easier to start sorting the grains wheat from the huge amount of chaff.

So, regarding those two people you have mentioned: what's their track record? How often have they been right, within a pretty narrow range of tolerance? And when they've been wrong, do they publish any statement to admit it? If they don't I have no interest in them whatsoever. If they do, I am very interested indeed.

Best regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm about 90 miles inland in the Mojave desert so not really worried TOO much about any threats from the sea, though it's always been the ongoing joke that when "the big one" strikes we'll have beach front property out here. We're at about 2300 feet elevation. I know VA isn't the most ideal, in fact where I'll be going is right about where the 5.8 quake last August happened. My fiance has a house out there that we plan on staying at temporarily, until we can afford to find somewhere else to go. California is just not the place for me and the job market where I am is terrible, I've been unemployed for the last 16 months out here. The threat of possible war has certainly been discussed as well. I hear Canada is nice! Haha, maybe some day.

As for my cat, I haven't really felt a good shaker out here since we got her a few years back so I have no idea how she reacts to earthquakes at all, it's been really quiet out here. I just know that she's been a little different lately. She goes off and disappears somewhere in the house for hours at a time and I can't find her no matter what. I'm convinced she's opening portals to another dimension when she does this lol. She didn't run out to the kitchen for dinner tonight when I rattled the dishes like she usually does, and she's been refusing her treats. When I do see her she just talks up a storm like she's upset about something. Who knows what it's all about.

As for me, the last significant quake I felt was Northridge and it woke me up in the middle of the night when I was like... 7 years old? Not a lot of memories of it. I've got a lot of symptoms.. all the time, a good amount of medical conditions to blame for it. Nothing I can tie to an impending quake nearby since we just haven't had anything of a moderate size in a while. The only sure disaster I've ever felt that I "sensed" in any way accurately was 9/11. There's been a few times recently I've had symptoms prior to a mag 7 elsewhere in the world but I can mostly chalk it up to coincidence since there's been a lot more times those symptoms occurred when there were no quakes to follow. I think I'm just getting older and things are breaking down more and I never really feel as good as I used to. Right now I've got a killer sore throat that came out of nowhere a few hours ago with some mild ear pain. I've been nauseous with a headache all day today too but I pretty much know it's because my mother lit a bag of popcorn in fire in the microwave last night and the smell is still lingering, BAD.

I appreciate all the input. It seems in the past that when my tension gets high and I feel like California's number is up, somewhere else on the globe goes off instead. It won't surprise me when it happens, and I'm as ready as I can be. I'll keep watching the kitten and see if she gets back to her old self soon. She's always been a little strange so I'm trying not too think too much of it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by JustMike

Just a dad here, no quirky subscription sites.

That Japan eq today feels like deja vu.

And ty for the message. Deeply.

Peace

edit on 14-3-2012 by lasertaglover because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by lasertaglover

I was going to just add this next bit as an edit to my last post, but the edit became too long winded.

Edit ~ Just wanted to add that while the bad deja vu is strong, its not the same. I dont think its Japan, no idea why. But what this deja vu is, is some of the stronger quakes globally before the big foreshock last year. If a strong 6 or above pops up somewhere, thats where I am going to be watching very closely, I really think the next big 1, maybe 2 eqs somewhere in the world, will be a foreshock for something bad. I havent had one change in weeks of this insane building feeling. Because of how long its been building, it now feels more intense than last year. As always, hoping like hell im wrong and just mental. But dang, it has to be close.

Peace and love
edit on 14-3-2012 by lasertaglover because: Uber bad spelling, sorry not enough java yet

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I just saw this thread in Fragile Earth but I am coming here to comment on it

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was in Denmark last week and one night I had a dream about living on a small lake and overnight the water had drained from the lake, leaving nothing but the lake bottom exposed. I realized what this meant but said to myself no, this can't be, we don't get earthquakes here. I immediately had the understanding that there was more than meets the eye from this lake draining and that actually the whole planet was undergoing crust movements and this occurance was destined to happen, and on a higher conscious level we all knew this would occur at this moment in time but on a conscious level we did not know this. I do remember waking up and thinking "I am having dreams about earthquakes in Denmark....ATS must be getting way too deep into my mind!" lol. I know Denmark is 2 countries over from Norway, but I still consider it "in the vicinity" so to speak but thought it would be safer to comment on what I dreamed about in this forum and not the original forum breaking the news. Honestly I don't know if earthquakes are unusual for this area or not. I also don't know where the lake was that I saw in the dream. But I really did dream this and thought not much about it at the time. Now I wonder if it means something with this small quake in Norway.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Great points.

Agreed.

As I noted . . . in my experiences with Tim Snodgrass several years ago--the last time I was paying much attention to him . . . he had a mixed track record. He'd insist he was always right. I didn't observe it that way. Sometimes it seemed like he fudged the parameters a bit.

However, he was right well above 51%, imho. I don't know what percentage. I didn't keep track in any careful way.

Susan OMarra usually doesn't get into very specific predictions, per se. She's more of an exhorter for the Body of Christ. She will prophecy in general ways regarding spiritual shifts and transitions, preparation etc.

When she has spoken into my life in a 1:1 personal way, she has been 100% accurate.

That's about all I can add about those two.

And, I've never known anyone to be very good at TIMING. I believe there will be folks who are precise and 100% accurate about timing. I haven't seen it yet. I believe it is coming.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

I hope this is the right reply, I keep getting the posting window zapped.

THANKS TONS for your great reply.

Prayers for your situation.

In terms of sore throat--have had chronic sinus infections most of my life and easily descended into sore throats.

The last 1-3 years I've had virtually none. What I've changed that has seemed to help most are:

1. Vitamin D3 and tumeric daily.

2. Sinus wash with the Neil Med kit from Wallgreens. Any hint of cold symptoms in the nose, I wash immediately--maybe 4-5 times/day--even in the middle of the night if I wake up and the familiar preliminary tickle is there. Beats it back. May gargle with salt water frequently if throat is threatening.

2.1 I just haven't had a sore throat since I don't remember when.

3. Ricola natural herb cough drops. May sleep with one in my cheek.

4. Noni capsules. most of the time. I think the above 3 are the most impactful for good.

5. May suck on a spoon full of Manuka honey.

Anyway--God be with you in your decisions, job needs, growth, relationships, health etc.

Thanks for your meaty reply.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Getting a lot of ear ringing going on tonight, and the usual other symptoms.

How is everyone else doing?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I'm pretty speechless at this point. Hmmmm?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I'm always wary of anyone who is practising in what could loosely be called the psychic realms who claims to be right all the time. I've known a few people over the years who are quite good at what they do and the better ones never make such claims.

Regarding your comments about timing: what degree of precision are you looking for or hoping to see? Do you mean predictions that are specific within a fairly limited time period/window of (say) just a few days, or are you looking for someone who can get predictions down to a time frame of hours? And would you expect them to get it right every time, or just demonstrate this level of precision beyond the limits of mere chance?

And just to be clear (as over the internet things can be misinterpreted), I don't mean these queries in any kind of sarcastic or facetious way. I most genuinely would like to know.

For the record, I consider trying to narrow down the time frame is very important

Regards,

Mike

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

1. I extend grace to prophetic types because I need all the Grace I can get.

2. I expect mature authentic Christian prophetic types to be 100% right all the time to the minute IF that's what God tells them to say. I haven't run into any like that yet but I expect to in my lifetime. I believe God is going to clean the Christian prophetic up big time. Currently it's a big mess.

3. I don't have trouble with even authentic Christians learning to operate in their prophetic gifting to make mistakes. There's the story of a SCHOOL OF THE PROPHETS in the Old Testament times. And the Jr prophet would be TASKED BY the Sr prophet to go and do task after task after task THAT THE JR PROPHET COULD NOT POSSIBLY SUCCEED AT--THE BEST THEY COULD DO WAS FAIL MISERABLY . . . until they came to the end of themselves and learn to depend totally on God and hear Him only.

4. Distinguishing between one's own mental noise and the still small voice of Holy Spirit is a constant learning process, imho.

5. There are lots of occultic sources that mix lies and half truths in a grand disinformation scheme from hell. I think those are very hazardous to put any confidence in at all.

6. However, I sometimes think that even GOD uses such sources BECAUSE He is so loving, He wants to get the warning out by every possible means. I could be wrong but that's my conviction.

7. And, I think it can be kind of interesting WHEN occultic sources and authentic Christian prophetic sources and science all or 2 out of 3 end up saying essentially the same sorts of predictive things.

8. AT this point, I just collect puzzle pieces and hold them loosely and wait and see what God and events confirm.

9. IF there are multiple sources and some of the sources are more respected, I may share the warning publically with those I care about. People can ask God themselves whether they should do anything about the warning, or not.

10. When God has cleaned up the Christian prophetic sufficiently, more than just Christians will KNOW that such folks are 100% accurate and precise. There won't be much reasonable comparison between them and occultic sources.

FWIW, imho.

Thanks for all you do hereon.

BTW, I just started a thread on ATTACHMENT DISORDER here, for those who would like to discuss such or who wonder why their relationships are often so problematic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Thank you for the reply. I agree: I think we need to impart grace to others if we wish to receive it ourselves.

To the key aspects of your response: I was actually asking the question in more general terms rather than in specific reference to Christian prophetic people. The reason is that here, we have participating members from a wide range of backgrounds, faiths and systems of belief. I don't query anyone about these matters because it's not the basis of the thread: such discussions best belong elsewhere. Just like Kattrax (who began this thread), all I'm looking for is members' own perspectives in relation to predicting quakes. It matters not to me whether their basis is a professed faith or not. If members wish to share that angle it's up to them.

[Edit to add: In terms of quake predictions, the thing we are looking for is a degree of reliability within certain constraints. The "how" is up to the individual members to divulge if they choose. While I think the esoteric angle could be very significant -- more on that later -- there may be people who use purely scientific methods and we welcome their input. This is not, per se, an esoteric thread. The basis is still scientific. We are running an experiment and collating data and seeing what we get.

Okay, I just needed to make sure this point was clear. Now back to the original text of this post... ]

I feel that as soon as we start using terms like "Christian prophet" as a basis for a person's degree of reliability, we run into a couple of issues. One is that we could alienate some members and perhaps even turn them off from the whole purpose of this project, another is that prophets were around long before Christians were anyway.

Some will use the term "prophet", others "seer" and still others "remote viewer" (though that's a specialty and not a general term), "empath" (ditto), "intuitive", "sensitive", "psychic" or whatever. The person's professed religion or belief system (if any) should not be the issue. The simple fact that they employ some kind of esoteric basis is of interest.

All that matters is, if people are making predictions that are not purely based on an "A+B leads to C" kind of scientific method (which are also welcome), but instead draw on something else -- something that cannot be scientifically defined and put in a neat little box -- then we'd like to see how well they do. If they can show a degree of precision beyond mere chance then we're interested in their methods.

The majority of my successful predictions logged in this thread -- meaning those that I got right within a limited time frame, well-defined location and within around 1 magnitude of what I'd stated -- were based on a combination of the scientific and the esoteric. I made reference to this aspect long since and have lately reiterated it. I see the scientific as important, because we need to understand at least something of the fundamentals of the system we're dealing with, but at the same time I feel this "other" basis may also be highly significant and worth careful consideration.

In no way am I trying to belittle those who make statements/predictions based purely upon their faith. I'm just saying that (within the framework of this thread's purpose) we need to listen to what they say and determine how precise they are, regardless of what faith they may or may not profess.

We can discuss the religious aspect in more detail via U2Us if you wish, but I think we should limit this aspect within the thread for the reasons I gave earlier.

Thank you for the link to your thread. What I've read there so far is quite an eye-opener.

Best regards,

Mike
edit on 17/3/12 by JustMike because: I added an ETA

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Not a biggy in terms of this thread per se.

I may well still mention a distinction on occasion as that's my habit and a major point of difference in terms of sources and how I see sources of information.

I realize some folks are put off by such things. Some folks are put off by virtually anything.

I don't feel any great compulsion to do backflips to try and please everyone. Not going to happen.

I'm happy enough to try and contribute to the thread being congenially focused on predictions vs sources.

I'm not committing to keeping my comments on my view of sources 100% out of it as that's extremely foreign and . . . drum roll . . . borderline or over the line offensive to me. LOL.

I will try and play nice.

Don't know how much more I can say, than that.

Thanks for your meaty reply and nice words.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Hi, Everybody!
Such a nice day here!
Is anyone feeling anything???

I could tell as soon as hubby woke up that something wasn't right. He finally just told me he's feeling something. He's cranky & 'itchy' & was pacing around. He's outside now working it off raking the yard. I asked him on a scale of 1-10 how bad he feels....he said 5.

I don't feel that yet but he's much more sensitive than I am. I feel like I have unlimited energy & want to do a million things at once! That hasn't happened in years! Maybe it's just the beautiful weekend!!!

On an interesting side note....just to put it out there.....in case it means something later.....!
At work on Friday hubby was using a battery operated, digital indicator, to check the circumference of parts. It kept showing the parts were off. He had someone take it & check it. They brought it back saying it was working fine. That happened a couple of times & he was getting annoyed. Finally he told them to stay there & watch him use it.

They tried it a couple of times. Whenever hubby used it, it gave a wrong reading. Whenever somebody else used it, it was fine! They finally took it to maintainance to check it out & gave him a different one. But his shift was over a half hour later, so he doesn't know how long that one would have worked. He had thought the battery was going bad & that the parts were off. I think it was him!

Here's the weird part. A few weeks ago his watch died. No biggie...He got a new battery for it. It stopped working again! Whenever he wears it, it stops. If he puts it down somewhere it's fine. My Mom used to kill watches that way before they made shock resistant ones!

But since it happened to the indicator at work too we're wondering.....he must be giving off some weird electrical vibes or something. Or is he absorbing them from the atmosphere & zapping things? If it was him giving off whatever it is...it should happen all the time. Why now?

Is he picking up on something electrical that has to do with an eq?
Before I started watching eqs there was a time when I was getting/giving shocks constantly for a few days. Touch the car door...zap! Touch the shelves or cans at the grocery store...zap! Touch the grandkids...zap! Touch the cats...zap! The poor things were afraid to come near me for the longest time after that!

I just thought it must have something to do with the humidity at the time. But maybe not or it would have happened again!
Maybe these two things are something for everyone to watch out for as eq related too?!
Has anyone else noticed anything like this???
WOQ

edit on 18-3-2012 by wasobservingquietly because: spelling....fumbly fingers!

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

Interesting.

My step-dad used to kill electricty based watches. I did as a teen. Seemed to grow out of it.

Not sure whether to attribute it to 'spiritual' forces or 'natural' phenomena.

What's y'all's track record in terms of predicting quakes?

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

We haven't known about the connection long enough yet to be able to draw any firm conclusions on what we are feeling & trying to connect all the dots. Japan's big one was the first we noticed there might be a connection. Thought I was going to have to take him to the ER! After that we started paying more attention.
He especially feels 'funny' before a 6 or larger. I get hungry or 'antsy', but not as often as he does. The smaller ones closer to us, VA, Puerto Rico, etc seem to bother him a little too.

I've noticed the two cats hide under the desk before a 6 something. But Japan's 6.9 last week, only one of them did.
There seem to be some exceptions, so it's hard to point to some matches & say definitively across the board that we are on to something!

Last Monday he called from work & asked where the eq was. He was feeling awful! But the 6.9 wasn't 'til almost two days later. In between he felt better! Sometimes we feel something, but nothing big or close shows up. A couple of times that happened & one for VA was posted a day or two later. So it's been hard to draw any firm conclusions yet.

We're not advanced enough, or maybe not sensitive enough to tell where it's going to be by what we are feeling. Maybe someday if we pay very close attention that will happen?
As I'm typing this my ears started ringing. That hasn't happened for a few days. I don't notice when it doesn't happen, only when it does. Which just goes to show I'm not as an accomplished an observer as I thought I was.

We have to be able to notice the absence of things as well as the presence of them!
We're still observing & learning!!!
WOQ

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wasobservingquietly

One thing that may make some difference is the depth of the earthquake, have you (or any other person) used that information when comparing the reactions (for the lack of a better word) to the earthquakes?

new topics

top topics

<< 139  140  141    143  144  145 >>

join