It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Experiment in Alternative Methods of Earthquake Prediction

page: 139
<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
FWIW, I have been dizzy and nauseated all evening. I am not sick, just feel weird and dull-headed. I even checked the magnetosphere, thinking it could be solar-related. Then I see these updates on the EQ threads!

I am in North Louisiana!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Really, a double

edit on 2/22/12 by jennybee35 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by crappiekat

I`ve been watching. There has been some "activity" on www.iris.washington.edu...
that is interesting as well. Hope its nothing!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

The dogs around here have been doing the same today and tonight. From what is being reported here and on other threads, seems like it is really building tonight.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

I hope not...I`d hate for those "predictions" about tomorrow on another thread (can`t remember which, its been a very long day) to come true.

I know here in AR we could do with a nice quiet year quake wise.
edit on 22-2-2012 by dragonlover12 because: spelling

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonlover12

Yes I agree! Arkansas gets enough trouble from earthquakes alone, not to mention the weather! Maybe it will all die down, but honestly when the symptoms get this intense some area gets hit with a 6 or bigger, at least that has been my experience. I noticed there was swarming going on in Hawaii with over 60 quakes today savant7.com... and the mid Atlantic Ridge just had a 5.3 link
Just all around a lot of activity.

edit on 23/2/2012 by ArMaP because: Link corrected

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hello, new to the thread! Do you have more information on the 17 year old boy, or the story surrounding it?

Thank you!

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ragiusnotiel

I have got nothing better to do....so here it is....enjoy!

www.biblebelievers.org.au...

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

Interesting read. Has anyone talked about what happen to the fault information that was omitted from the book?

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by justsaying

Bless your heart. Thank you for your loving compassion, I will be reading your comments more closely now as you are imho "intune".

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I think this is the one Mama was talking about.

Dream of Joe Brandt

I like how he mentions the birds.

There was that sound again. that LACK OF SOUND. STILLNESS, STILLNESS, STILLNESS. Don't these people KNOW that the birds have gone somewhere? The QUITE IS GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER. I KNOW IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Something is happening now!

This line has always spoken to me. I don't know what happens in the air during an earthquake but some have speculated about the atmosphere and clouds etc...

Things were happening in the atmosphere. The waves were rushing up now. Waves. Such waves.

Hope you don't mind me filling in for you Mamaj.

E.T.A. Sorry Radpetey, I left my reply window open while starting my day and had no idea it took me that long to post this. You beat me to it!

edit on 23-2-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Found this link from another thread from a post made by SCGrits, this will help explain our symptoms:
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Looks like a swarm has been occurring, and we are all having ongoing side effects from it.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Just dropping in to say today's been a little weird for me. It may just be stress from making a 3 hour drive today, but more than once I paused because I thought I felt some shaking. Been getting lightheaded randomly, once really bad while driving home (scary), headache started coming on a little bit ago. I also managed to get myself COMPLETELY lost while I was out of town, which is kind of abnormal for me, I'm pretty good with directions and memorizing a route and just knowing my east from my west and such... not today. Just felt completely off, not only me but the people I've encountered today as well. I could almost sense the "off-ness" in everyone else. Hard to explain, just wanted to make note of it.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hi Antar and welcome to the thread! I'm sure I've seen you around on various boards over the past few years so it's great to have you join us here.

Re your query as to whether we can determine if the mag 4.0 in MO the other day is a precursor (foreshock) to a larger quake or not: the simple answer is no, generally speaking we can't. This is simply because by definition, a foreshock can only be classified as such later on, if there is a larger quake in the same region (and same fault system). Also, the larger quake would need to occur within a reasonable time, with some variance allowed depending on the size of the (later identified) foreshock.

So, from any sort of scientific basis we just don't know if this 4.0 portends anything larger is coming up soon in that area, which is one reason we also consider the esoteric component in all this.

Thank you also for your other observations. Most interesting and good to have them documented here.

On to other matters: folks, I've not been very active on ATS recently -- just the odd post here and there -- and one reason was that I was rather unwell and had to take sick leave for nearly two weeks. First time in a couple of years I've taken more than a day off work. (I tend to get sick during holiday periods.
) But as for this thread and related ones such as quake watch, I just needed to get away from it for a while. You might know how it goes: you can get very, very intensively involved and sometimes this can be detrimental.

Best regards,

Mike

edit on 26/2/12 by JustMike because: O tempores, o mores, o typos!

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doodle19815

I think this is the one Mama was talking about.

Dream of Joe Brandt

I like how he mentions the birds.

There was that sound again. that LACK OF SOUND. STILLNESS, STILLNESS, STILLNESS. Don't these people KNOW that the birds have gone somewhere? The QUITE IS GETTING BIGGER AND BIGGER. I KNOW IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN. SOMETHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN. Something is happening now!

This line has always spoken to me. I don't know what happens in the air during an earthquake but some have speculated about the atmosphere and clouds etc...

Things were happening in the atmosphere. The waves were rushing up now. Waves. Such waves.

Hope you don't mind me filling in for you Mamaj.

E.T.A. Sorry Radpetey, I left my reply window open while starting my day and had no idea it took me that long to post this. You beat me to it!

edit on 23-2-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

Don't mind AT ALL and thanks for replying for me as I have not been on as much as I would like lately.

The part where he speaks of this wave.. made me think too about the Cosmic Wave Theory.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

On to other matters: folks, I've not been very active on ATS recently -- just the odd post here and there -- and one reason was that I was rather unwell and had to take sick leave for nearly two weeks. First time in a couple of years I've taken more than a day off work. (I tend to get sick during holiday periods. ) But as for this thread and related ones such as quake watch, I just needed to get away from it for a while. You might know how it goes: you can get very, very intensively involved and sometimes this can be detrimental.
reply to post by JustMike

I figured as much and I totally agree. HAVE to take a break and get back to "life" as we know it on occasions to reboot for more juicy info that is always incoming on ATS.

Sorry you have been ill...I too can relate. My household has not been well for the last month. Its always something or someone running a fever again.

Hopefully the video I sent to you did not cause you any grief in your mind.

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by justsaying
[Edited down] ...I guess my next question would be if anyone notices if animals get aggressive or more aggressive when these energy waves start hitting? Like I said their may not be any connection at all but I am curious anyway if this behavior is related.

I think it very much depends on the animal. If they sense something that they perceive as a threat to them, many animals tend to follow one of two options: fight or flight. I recall reports from the Asian Quake and Tsunami of Dec 2004, where elephants that were "employed" (with their handlers) to carry tourists suddenly turned and headed up into the hills and nothing anything could do would stop them. They sensed danger and got out of there!

I recall this specifically because a woman tourist who was riding one at the time had a much more exciting ride than she'd expected, but after getting back to the coast she relazied that elephant had possibly saved her from something far worse.

Back to animals that we are perhaps more familiar with. Besides the fight versus flight reaction, there is another: in a case where the animal perceives a human as being the "leader" (the "Alpha"), then it will often look to that human for care, support, and protection. Several of our members have reported pets that have become very "clingy" prior to even smaller, local quake events (and sometimes before larger, distant ones), and in fact our member Westcoast has documented some of these instances in her own threads and I think on here as well.

Apparently out-of-character aggressiveness, where it is displayed, is possibly the animal's only response when flight is not really an option -- especially if the animal is already in home territory and does not feel able to leave it. The animal is then left in with that feeling of needing to flee, but being unable to, the fight response simply comes out.

I'd certainly be very wary if pets start to show such behaviour and there is no outward, discernible cause for it. Ditto when they get clingy.

Mike

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi Mama,

yes, I really think we have to be honest with ourselves and if we are being negatively affected by something then it's best to try and distance ourselves from it for a while.

And no, the video was not an issue. Fascinating stuff. I need to watch the whole thing again though, because I have forgotten most of what I saw. (Because I wasn't too well at the time, is all.) I was especially fascinated by her discussion about the various strange clouds as I saw some very weird ones last summer -- the type that they are campaigning to recognized as a new class of clouds. And that spiral Aurora Borealis! Totally amazing sight!

Mike

edit on 26/2/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustMike
reply to post by MamaJ

Hi Mama,

yes, I really think we have to be honest with ourselves and if we are being negatively affected by something then it's best to try and distance ourselves from it for a while.

And no, the video was not an issue. Fascinating stuff. I need to watch the whole thing again though, because I have forgotten most of what I saw. (Because I wasn't too well at the time, is all.) I was especially fascinated by her discussion about the various strange clouds as I saw some very weird ones last summer -- the type that they are campaigning to recognized as a new class of clouds. And that spiral Aurora Borealis! Totally amazing sight!

Mike

edit on 26/2/12 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

Mike, Im not sure if i told you or not but I watched that video 3 times in a week. The first time I linked and the next day I reviewed and watched it again. Third time was still within the same week and thats when I messaged you.

In regards to the weird clouds....I saw a "punch hole cloud" on my local news station this weekend.

www.wkrn.com... This link is to my local news. On the home page to the right you will see photos and some cool pictures of clouds. I couldn't believe it. They are wicked!

I found something else that goes along with the video (imo. I have many more links but this one seemed more verifiable I guess.
www.etheric.com...
You will have to tell me what you think. Take your time....I am just wanting to share a little at a time because it not only takes time away from family but it also takes a minute to sink in and ponder as well.

Thanks for your insight!!

Jenn

posted on Feb, 26 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

That's really interesting about the clouds. I read a news story a couple of days ago about mysterious animal deaths in Tennessee. Here's the link

Also, my spidey sense has been going haywire the last week. Unusual headaches, ear popping/ringing, bouts of nausea, bouts of anxiety, dreams about disasters, etc. I hadn't been active on ATS for a long time but was drawn back this week, looking for answers. I've got that feeling again. I spent the week making sure I've got everything ready for whatever is coming.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in the conversation

top topics

<< 136  137  138    140  141  142 >>

join