It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake of a magnitude 7.8 reported in China *UPDATE* 'to top 50,000' killed

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Wow, the 2004 tsunami, the cyclone in Burma, then this.....

One really has to feel for the people of Asia at this time and these catastrophic events are a very good opportunity for the world to set aside differences and help each other out.

It is bad enough with direct casualties from the earthquake but I really hope that fires and spilled chemicals/sewage don't take its own toll.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhill76
Fox News
CNN

On there main pages. Here is a photo:

I did some research on what can cause Earthquakes since the UK had its own minor one although big for the UK.

Last year we had record flooding in the summer here in Britain, then we got a quake. I read that floods and quakes are related.

What we see is that Burma is not far away from this region, the recent flooding may have caused stresses in Earth due to water being a very heavy mass. So its quite logical that maybe an Quake was going to happen.

Then again I read these facts about floods and Quakes being related so I guess the theory maybe right. Just look at the locations of the Cyclone in Burma and the Quake in China.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Uh Oh spagettioh's!!!

Wow we have been having some severe earthquake activity lately.

In my thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

ats1629 posted this little fact.....

"If it is terrorist or another country using EMP or some type of device, then they got it around 2002....

6.0 or larger earthquakes by year for Entire World
1960 3
1962 3
1963 2
1964 4
1965 13
1966 6
1967 3
1968 6
1969 4
1970 5
1971 4
1972 6
1973 1
1974 5
1975 6
1976 5
1977 2
1978 2
1979 2
1980 5
1981 3
1982 1
1983 4
1984 1
1985 4
1986 3
1987 4
1988 4
1989 2
1990 2
1991 3
1992 5
1993 3
1994 3
1995 4
1996 1
1997 5
1998 8
1999 12
2000 6
2001 7
2002 22
2003 38
2004 33
2005 34
2006 24
2007 46
2008 15 (We are exactly 1/3 thru the year so at this rate) ?45?

Original Post..
1960-2001=4.2 and 2002-2008=34.5 (Average number of 6.0 magnitude or greater earthquakes per year)

Note.. these are 6.o or larger quakes not small quakes, it has been suggested that technology for earthquake detection abilities have increased over the last few years and this would justify the higher numbers, IMO that would not apply to these numbers as these are large quakes and technology from 1995 would allow us to see these.. Good Cover up story though.."

We were speculating about the use of HAARP to create earthquakes. I was shocked at the increase of quakes starting in 2002.

I kind think this whole PlanetX/Niburu thing may have some merit, it a brown dwarf is about to make a pass through the inner solar system, I'm thinking it would certainly cause a lot of earthquakes.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Wow!

So far (that I have seen), no one has even mentioned the POSSIBILITY that President Bush had something to DO with this earthquake...like people were saying when Katrina hit. What's wrong? IF G.W. had anything remotely to do with Katrina, do you REALLY think he WOULDN'T have something to do with this earthquake?

(For those of you who don't recognize it when they see it: All of my statement above was intended as sarcastic.)

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Or is that whole thing Karma? I mean... China government is VERY bad-ass and the population go with it, and most of the time, they like it when their government kill tibetans.

So... karma. Or weather weapons which do exists.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Or is that whole thing Karma? I mean... China government is VERY bad-ass and the population go with it, and most of the time, they like it when their government kill tibetans.

Please don't confuse the evil disease of govt, with a land's people. All of the govts have become corrupt and evil regardless of where they are.

The peoples of the land are victims of the disease, not the cause of it. Please be respectful in that sense.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Many Chistians believe the increase of earthquakes have a lot to do with the comming of ages in the end times, has the frequency gone up on it or has our detections gone up?

But humans keep records suppose and major Quakes or Volcanoes are recorded throughout history and it suggests the frequency of these events have gone up. Which also means man's time is nearing the new age.

But obviously you have to see it in form of population growth too and increase of knowledge which the Bible also states.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Don't know if anyone has posted this. But the death toll has now reached 9000+. We probably will see an increase over the next few days.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

Manipulate?

WHY DON'T YOU TELL THAT TO THE DEAD PEOPLE.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:46 PM
link   
there is still no much information from epicenter ---Wenchuan
This is the closest city to the epicenter---Dujiangyan

[edit on 12-5-2008 by gs001]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Do you have BIT SENSE of how KARMA works!????? Diu........

You know, it is people like you who are scaring away more people to post on ATS. Someone was right. One of my friend is really one of the most hostile environment if you don't live in the West or believe too much in those NWP conspiracy crap.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Did anyone mention that this happened at the eastern edge of the Tibetan Plateau! Is God telling China, "Let Tibet go!"

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howie47
Did anyone mention that this happened at the eastern edge of the Tibetan Plateau! Is God telling China, "Let Tibet go!"

Celebrating? God should let you go

to hell

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Seems like every tragedy ends up with 100,000 dead. Weird reminds me of John Tritor and what he said about 100,000 dead being an awakening.

Just a thought...

After all who comes up with these numbers any way?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ok guys, please lets keep to the topic here, If you feel there is something else in this then please feel free to make a thread on one of the forums that it would be better suited,

but for this thread lets keep on the topic of updating and talking about the main news regarding this event,

Thanks

Asala

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Celebrating?
reply to post by bluepanic

Why in the world would you be celebrating over a disaster and the loose of life?????????????

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
As official spokesman for my group of Christians,
we are tired of every act of nature as being some act of a punishing God.
Blame it on Nirubo or the Borg. We also are getting tired of "Christians this and Christians that in every thread"
can I get a witness!?
Amen.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Wakening up to the news that the death toll is at least over 10,000!!!

And the epicenter is out of contact for more than 11 hours!!!

Here are some response to some "concerned" people:

"News how fast and accuracte in a state-controlled media."
- This time incredibly fast. Besides that the premier is there to coordinate the teams, there is no possible way to hide or downplay any information in a disaster of this magnitude. And what is the reason to report only 1000 killed when there is 10,000 unfortunate victims? Death tolls is normally "estimated" at a conservative level, and you will not "confirm" the exact amount if somebody is still only "missing". The CONFIRMED death toll is over 10,000 now, and the epicenter is still out of reach and out of contact, so this will increase

"Pemier Wen Jiaobao arriving first day at Chengdu to coordinate the crisis teams is a CCP PR stunt, even a dumb cat can see it"
- This is where I point out that the world does not understand China. Wen Jiaobao is the second man of China right now with absolute power, he does not need extra PR stunt among his own people. What is needed and he and Hu Jintao analyzed it correctly is a DECISIVE response with full resources to this unprecedented disaster. You need a strong leader with absolute power coordinating all the crisis teams, with many local (corrupted) officials. Many of these local officials HAVE SHOWN that they are INCAPABLE of handling a crisis situation which they are NOT TRAINED for like the last WINTER DISASTER before/during the Chinese New Year. Just imagine how much difference it would have been if Bush or Cheney flew down to New Orleans to coordinate the crisis teams, then you won't see any slow information flow or might have saved 1 life more because the teams did not need to wait for federal approval for a certain action. In a country like China we need the strongest hand possible and the most decisive actions need to be made right away, this can only be done when either Wen Jiaobao or Hu Jintao are there leading the teams.

"Conspiracy of manufactured earthquake by the USA (Bush) or other NWO evils."
- Come on, is anything and everythng related with the USA or the NWO? Don't be so paranoiid. I just checked and Sichuan province happens to be on a territory with a lot of seismic/earthquake actvities. Does the Himalayas ring a bell to many? Last year June/July China had an earthquake of over 6.4 or so in the Yunnan province, we were lucky that it was not a population densed area. Didn't hear the conspiracy theorists back then! Most likely because you never heard it n your news channels. I can tell you, you will not see anyone in China going to blam USA or whoever for this natural disaster!

"Other theories such as the planet X, global warming or the CERN collider test affecting the world, polar changes."
- I am joining this ATS and heard about all these theories, not neccesary actively participating in these threads. But yeah, there is always a possibility that the recent Climate Changes which almost anyone can notice is affected by something. There was an extreme Winter disaster in China, extreme snow storms in places where they never have seen snow, and hundreds of millions were affected by it for weeks. We are expecting the most amount of typhoons this year, one can only assume it also means we will see stronger ones. Infectious diseases and viruses seem to be hitting places where population is densed and the area under-developed, like over 90% of China. And then now the Earthquake of this magnitude, killing thousands. Again, I do not rule out any theories, but I would spend my energy and focus on seeing in whatever way I can help in this crisis. After the cleanup we will see.

"Aid from foreign countries."
- Any aid is welcome, and I believe last night on the way back on the radio some NGOs like the Red cross was aready organizing a lot of activities to collect donations worldwide. Materials were coming from some places I can not recall. But yeah, I think China will welcome aid from every corner, just don't yell that the American navy or whatever "humanitarian" unit from Bush should be deployed in the area. I mean we have over 1 million boys in the PLA, manpower enough. This is not said in a negative or proud way. But I can imagine that communication is the key in a crisis. If you want to send, only send people who can speak Chinese, otherwise it might be counter-productive. In these kind of cases I believe Wen Jiaobao could welcome any experts for consultations, he speak English fluently.

"Why the schools hundreds of kilometres away can collapse so easily?"
- This is a topic which I can always be very furious about. And this is the very reason why Wen Jiaobao flew to there immediately. Too much corruption in China, this is something I and many of my Chinese friends inland and abroad have addressed in public Chinese & foreign forums. Let's forget it for one split second untill the cleanup, and afterwards you will see that the Central leaders will be picking out the local corrupted officials, constructors, developers and whoever involved for bulding these cardhouses and having even children killed! The death penalty await for them. One thing is for sure, nobody will be able to run away from his/her responsibilities! And I bet that we should give more preventive training and information session how to react to a crisis like these immediatly after the cleanup.

"China with an evil government and evil people supporting this government deserve this, bad karma and the like."
- I just hope the hell-keepers will welcome you and won't simply vanish your souls in the nothingness, so no reincarnation or whatever kind is ever possible for you.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluepanic

Originally posted by Howie47

Celebrating? God should let you go

to hell

If God exists, I beieve He doesn't want these kinds of people in hell. This will be an insult to the souls in hell!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I think we should all get ready for gods final warning to mankind. The Great tribulation is coming very soon. I pray that we do not have a re-bound quake like this in the U.S. as some of us have feared.

Rest in peace to all those who have past. It figures that the government would come out and say but the Olympics are a go. Sick Sick people.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join