It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake of a magnitude 7.8 reported in China *UPDATE* 'to top 50,000' killed

page: 22
<< 19  20  21   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Tibetans in the autonomous Ba region, reparing the roads.

Missing panda Xixi found

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Official Deathtoll: 69,016
Wounded: 368,545
Missing: 18,830 - according to some reports, since Saturday night no new survivors found or saved anymore

Diasabled/amputeed/handicapped: Expected more than 50,000

Biggest landslide lake canel is fully completed, they are in the progress of evacuating everyone, to redirect the water.

A rescue chopper crashed and 19 people are missing now

About 700K tents had been delivered to quake regions after overtime production of factories over the country.

In Hong Kong I went to two charity events, one of them is organized by HongKongnese, Taiwanese and mainland Chinese celebrities/singers/actors and so on, over 400 artists attended.

In Hong Kong on the busiest streets in Kowloon and Hong Kong island you still see a lot of people doing charity work. But when a Falun Gong guy was pushing his brochure and book to me and yelling not to trust China when I was buying a Sichuan Earthquake T-Shirt for donation, I almost wanted to hit him untill some friends pulled me away...
Sad just sad these people.

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I know this is a hard time, but life itself is hard. I feel for your pain and anger.

Hang in there. We really appreciate you keeping everyone updated with this. I'm sure there are many people with relatives in the area that read your posts to get news.

[Edit for Fat Fingers Syndrom-I hit an extra key.
]

[edit on 2-6-2008 by NGC2736]

posted on Jun, 1 2008 @ 11:55 PM
link   
This weekend I went to Kroger, and outside each of the exit doors stood members of a family. At first I thought they were all from a church. But then I walked up, and the children had made a poster board with pictures of the quake and a 51,000 sign. It was an entire Chinese family collecting money for quake victims.

My wife and I were very happy to give what we could.

posted on Jun, 2 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
NGC, from the U2U I receive from time to time, I think so too, this keeps me here.

Quazga, as much as I would always advice people to donate or give support, not neccesary in money, just thoughts will be sometimes very good enough. I do also want to advise to anyone to only donate to accredited credible global NGOs organization with a direct branch in China like the Red Cross. Even in China the police has picked up unbelievable despictable coackroaches who wanted to take advantage of the love of people like you and many others. NOT saying that family is cheating and one of those, but I would rather be safer and make sure the money is indeed to the people in need than to enrich some selfish people....

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Casualties are rising much more slowly than expected these days, seems like the worst of the wounded people are over and more and more people are being fired from the hospitals. Official deathtoll at 69211, and 17991 people missing.

The crashed relief chopper is still not found ...

Landslide picture... an amazing picture, and so scary....We really have to give more respect to nature.

Explosion - Breaking the quake dams/lakes.

Life goes on, 809 school children from Beichuan going to another temporary place to resume classes.

A Giang Chinese (one of the minorities in China) who sits here at her ruined lifework...

Returned Japanese medical team. To me personally the Japan/China improving relationship is very delightful, welcomed and has much more extra meaning. (see my nick, I have chosen a Japanese nick for a reason).

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Yesterday it was the Chinese traditional Dragonboat Festival, not much to to do with dragons, more to do with the Chinese patriotism of remembering a patriot thousands of years ago (in the Warring State Period).

You see the "Zongzi", kind of rice "dumpling" wrapped in bamboo leaves? Delicious stuff and in each province, each region, each county and even each city you will find different kinds of Zongzi, dependent on the cuisine of the place.

Here below is a picture it kinda shocked me a bit. Soldiers who are cleaning a collapsed school, by picking up schoolbooks....

It shocked me because it made me realize again how lucky I was when I hated to bring schoolbooks to home.....

The drainage of the quake lake is facing some setbacks and it is a bit worse than expected. Nonetheless the people have faith that it it can resolved and that the dam will not break....

The canaling is done, but the continuous aftershocks and landslides are not helping the cause....

The official deathtoll is at 69136, I just so hope it will not be more than 70,000.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

I appreciate the education you have served up here on Chinese tradition. The pics you post have been heartbreaking but at the same time hopeful.

The geography of China is breathtaking. I love the beauty of rugged landscapes, and it looks as if you have plenty of it over there.

I visit this thread everyday to see how all goes there. Thanks Ichi.

top topics

<< 19  20  21   >>

join