It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake of a magnitude 7.8 reported in China *UPDATE* 'to top 50,000' killed

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Reported Deathtoll: 40,075
Total Calculated DeathToll: 35,436
Expected Deathtoll: Exceed 50,000

Location.............................Killed....Wounded......Buried/Unknown

SiChuan Province (四川):
WenChuan County (汶川县).............2562......2400 [

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
It broke my heart wheni saw all those millions of people sleeping in the streets last night- they were advised to sleep outside because they are expecting a very strong aftershock!

I'm sad for humanity.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

China

Minorities in China

United Nations

France

United Kingdom

USA

Peru

South Korea

Syria

Kenya

And MANY MANY MANY countries. Sorry, can not post every single country's pictures here.... We will remember!

[edit on 20/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Foreign aid:

Japanese medical team

Korean rescue team

Singaporean rescue team

Russian medical team

Foreign Tourist volunteers

Taiwan rescue team

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Official Death Toll 41353

Most shocking to me was to hear that there are still 32,666 people missing.

Very afraid that the final death toll will rise above 60, or even 70,000

Some stories:

Miracle - To persons were saved who was buried under the rubbles for 216 hours

Disease - Infections and diseases are one of the biggest fear. Teams from Hong Kong and so on are flying over to help fighting a potential outbreak.

Post-crisis trauma - Pshychologists all over the country is flying over to give the millions mental help...
Kids are given a piece of tear off paper, and asked them to fold a paper plane. This to let them know that even from something broken you can create something new and fly high.
Other childrens are given a balloon, and asked to blow all unhappisness and sorrow in it. And then trap on it so every bad things will be gone. Many cried out loud afterwards, but felt much better.

Celebrities - For many ordinary people it did them good to see their idols among them helping and rebuilding. Jet Li here below.

[edit on 21/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Reported Deathtoll: 41,353
Total Calculated DeathToll: 36,960
Missing: 32,666
Expected Deathtoll: 50,000-75,000

Location.............................Killed....Wounded......Buried/Unknown

SiChuan Province (四川):
WenChuan County (汶川县).............2562......2400 [

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   
51151 reported lost their lifes
still 29328 people missing

Thios is terrible, terrible........

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

This is terrible..up to 75,000 killed. Thanks for keepng us all updated Ichi.

There are many stories of survival in the news here. China is a big country with big miracles. Hang in there Ichi.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

You know, somehow I do still have hope and that all these missing people are not killed in this Earthquake...

I mean, there IS a chance that many of these missing people are actually people who are now illegally working outside China. Or went to the coastal provinces without using a proper ID or going through the formalities.... After all SiChuan is a very poor and remote province compared to the rest of China. So for the sake of their lifes, I just hope we don't find any bodies under the rubbles anymore, and just declare them as missing. Then at least deep inside me I will keep on believing that they have not fallen victims to this terrible earthquake.... hoping...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
How could I have missed this and update you people about this news...

These pictures show the rescuers arriving in a minority village, Tibetans....

3 Choppers have brought relief supplies to this trapped village.

Official Deathtoll = 55740 people
Missing = 24960 people

Wen Jiabao has flown to SiChuan again, this time I believe he is going to make sure that the local spirit is kept high and that none of the local governmental official dare to do anything not in line of what the people wants.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I really appreciate the pictures, Ichi, thank you for bringing them.

Isn't this a Chinese saying? "One picture tells more than a thousand words"

I'll like to add one, that both tells the horror this little girl have seen, and her hope for the future represented in the Barbie doll.

Li Yue, 11, an earthquake survivor who was rescued after being buried for 70 hours under the rubble, receives medical treatment at a hospital in Mianyang, Sichuan province, May 18, 2008.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by khunmoon

Yes one picture says more than a thousands words is one of our sayings.

And this girl...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
What a horrible tragedy my question is: Why are photos like this not seen in mainstream media? One should wake the people up to the actual circumstances of the situation.

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by elohkcalb

Why not seen in MSM? Too depressing for them to show... they only show what they want you to see. Right now, that is the worthless campaigns of these idiot candidates and the even more worthless "stories" they dig up and focus on.

Plus, sadly, the MSM here already covered this tragedy, as far as they are concerned. Push it aside and move onto the next story...

But I popped in here to get the updates -- a big thanks and many stars to IchiNiSan

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
IchiNisan, I cant tell you how much we appreciate your updates, as in the West we dont always get the real deal from our news media. My prayers are with you and your countrymen and women, and I trust that the situation will improve. Keep your chin up, and Thank You again for your tireless work in keeping us up to date with the situation.

Best Regards

Dredz

[edit on 23-5-2008 by dredz]

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Thank you very much for all your compassion and mental supports! This is only my very small place where I can feel I am helping the victims, because... because I feel helpless whenever I see the news of this disaster

...at least by updating here I do feel I am helpful in some way...by providing maybe some information that this community might never know about. It means a lot to me that it is not waived off as "propaganda" or so, and so many are appreciating these updates....

I would like to share a few pictures of the Great Panda, which made me laugh for once (not doing that a lot the past two weeks).

Somehow seeing these pandas happily playing together, I get a feeling that this disaster will be over very soon......hopefully....

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I had tried to avoid posting a picture of Wen Jiaobao, might give people a different impression.

But this is one I can not resist to not post.

A 3-years old saluting to premier "Grandpa" Wen...

hugging afterwards...

Wen Jiaobao also went to a re-opened school and gave some pep-talk to the classes of children. "Grandpa" Wen has emerged as a national hero. Normally I don't like idolization of political leaders too much. However this time he and Hu Jintao deserve all the love and support of the people, which give them the mandate needed. If they play this out very well, then they might be able to speed up the governmental reforms.... To the PR-stunt accusation critics: You can think whatever you want, at the end, without these two guys with absolute power on the spot coordinating the crisis, then actions would be much slower, indecisve and ineffective in many cases, more victims as the result.

A comittee is already formed for investigating the collapsed school buildings. Will certainly follow this up closely, these corrupted officials, constructors, developers....

Also very interesting radio news to hear is that a constructor has already build a "temporary homes complex" which is much stronger, a real new temopary home. Every unit is 4 square meter, good enough for a family of 3. Medicial facilities and cantenes are also available. These are of course much better than the tents. Even more touching is that MANY homeless tent-living refugees are passing the offer to "people in more need".

Shenzhen also offered to build 20,000 appartments for the refugees of Sichuan. The richest and most developed SEZ of China is thus actually inviting those victims who don't want to stay in Sichuan to come to Shenzhen to start a new life.

A incredible hacker who hacked the website of the Chinese Red Cross, and changed the "account information", so people will transfer to donation to his account. This guy in Shenzhen is CAUGHT!

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Great updates InChinSan

It give me joy, to see that there are still being people found alive in thi rubble...

I thought about 100 hours would be near the cut-off for finding survivors, but to hear that they are pulling people out of the rubble, that were there for over 200 hours, is unheard of...

Keep up the great reporting... we have China in our thoughts...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
In Tangshan more than 750,000 died in 1976. Never forget. Have to be strong. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
We should also start to pick up lifes again. And in the refugee camps volunteers are trying to keep the spirit high.

Foreigners boosting up the spirit of kids. How many of them became orphans? Talking about orphans, strict rules and a strict screening process is in place for anyone who wants to adopt an orphan. It did my heart very good to know that there might be much more families willing to adopt than there might be orphans... Let's hope the best for these orphans.

EDIT: Just read that at least 7000 children have no school to go anymore, but from everywhere else the schools are willing to enroll these kids for free.

[edit on 23/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21  22 >>

join