It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just signed up on a Muslim extremist board...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by JmanFIVEk

Sweet. Well that's why I am there. I figure I'll learn a little.

They do a screening test to make sure that you are not a troll before you sign up (on this website I joined), and I passed that test even though I stated very clearly who I was and why I was there.

It goes to show that I was not attacking. I made it very clear that I just had questions and wanted to discuss politics with them.

I am looking forward to the results! I wish I could post them here, but I doubt the mods would be okay with that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

He works pretty quick,

I just signed up like last night.

reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Thanks!

I have been looking for some good books to read. I just finished re-reading "Imperial Hubris".

[edit on 12-5-2008 by Sublime620]

I'd be interested to see what you have to say about Blackwater, over on this thread.

Blackwater : Right-Wing Conservative America, Whether You Like It Or Not...

Mind you, there's another watchlist.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:07 AM
link   

reply to post by JmanFIVEk

I made it very clear that I just had questions and wanted to discuss politics with them.

Good luck with that. It all comes back to their interpretation of the Quran.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Are you sure your not playing along with FOX?

really .. FOX giving out websites to "extremists"

seriously theres more extreme people on WOW sites according to the gov these days.

Back to the question you asked. I don't think you'll be on a gov list just a list for spam from FOX.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

WoW sites...

I believe it. Doesn't seem very "extreme" though.

Thanks for the post. I hope you are right.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Easy way to find out; book a flight on an airline. See what happens. That's a pretty telling way to find out if you have been "flagged."

It is very sad that we have to worry about who we talk to these days for fear of surveillance.

"Those who would trade freedom for security, deserve neither" -Thomas Jefferson

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

I usually fly somewhere between 2-3 times a year. I don't know if I'll be doing anything this year. I have everything kind of centered around driving distance from me for now.

Perhaps I'll find out when I try to go on a cruise next summer? Customs might not be friendly.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Well I'm sure you read the same "breaking news" here on ats
how the gov had people looking into second life and other online games for these groups.

what was that name glittrkittyagent or something like that on second life.

There are forums out there, but when detected they won't be listed on the news for fear of people joining them. Notice how its usualy said an AQ site said something yet they never give the link. They don't want people to go to them.

Send me that link, I'd love to take that test to join.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

you might want to read this article: scary stuff, i just posted this a few minutes ago and it kinda directly relates to what your doing....I'd be careful

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 12-5-2008 by drock905]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I won't name it. I think it breaks the T&C anyway.

You were lucky, there was a forum for on Islam in Australia that used to be open to the public, and the last time I tried to even view it, it had become restricted, and no new registrations were accepted - which tied in with the sentiment espoused almost 2 years earlier there where long term members did not like the 'non muslims' engaging in discussion with them in regards to the 'extremist' proponents dragged up in the media or indeed their own ease at which they engaged in hateful discussion against the very country they live in.

Cant even read that place now.

If I were you, I would keep a very low profile, because to see the truth is far better than to be heard for your opposition, when it comes to this, imo. You can always keep records.

I'm sorry to have this opinion, but sadly it is how it is in this day and age.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Can we tone down the tinfoilness people...?

I seriously doubt your on a CIA watch list or your phones been tapped.
Don't overreact. This ain't the McCarthy era.

You think CIA/FBI analysts devote time to plowing through tons of mindless rantings on Internet forums to see if someone on there could a potential terrorist, from what their saying?

Come off it...

I don't deny Bush & Co. are eroding our civil liberties and watching over us, just not on the Internet. It's far too vast and uncontrolled for them to monitor.

There's simply not enough focus. Everyone could be a potential terrorist. There is no way for them to really verify their suspicions, that's the problem.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Godfather of Conspira

They monitor the internet. They themselves have said that...

Anyways, the OP didn't say they were "reading all the rants" he said his IP was most likely added to a watch list... and that is not an unlikely prospect. Collecting IPs from target sites would not be difficult.

Also, you undermine how much of the monitoring process can be automated. That's the beauty of modern software. Software can be easily developed to scan blogs and forums for key things... whatever their internal intelligence determines those key things to be.

[edit on 033131p://12u33 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Godfather of Conspira
You think CIA/FBI analysts devote time to plowing through tons of mindless rantings on Internet forums to see if someone on there could a potential terrorist, from what their saying?

Come off it...

I don't deny Bush & Co. are eroding our civil liberties and watching over us, just not on the Internet. It's far too vast and uncontrolled for them to monitor.

Unfortunately, it seems they do monitor us on the internet...
Didn't you hear about that 14 year old that got in trouble for posting things on myspace?
www.wired.com...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Sublime620...... I am sure 100% that you are American, because this kind of snip wouldn't be written by other than a naive and ignorant American.

You want to discuss politics with the "enemy" .....you mean Arabs and Muslims??

Are you sure that Arabs and Muslims, who lent your government 3 trillion (not billion), this year, to cover American snip, and to help you to maintain your high living standards, ARE ENEMIES???!!!!

your ignorance amazez me...

You want to discuss politics with"People that don't like white Americans and Jews".

FYI, Arabs are considerd ethnically Caucasians which means that they are white like you ...stupid, above all that, it is very clear on Muslims holy book the "Quran", that muslims are forbidden to discriminate between races , in Islam, all races are equal , muslims don't have special Mosques for black people and other mosques for white people , like christians. All muslims from all races pray to Allah in the same mosque sitting beside each other.

FYI also, muslims don't hate real jews, they used to live together for thousands of years peacefully, I am sure you didn't hear of any Holocaust for Jews that was committed by Arabs and muslims in the middle east as in Europe by christian Germans. Arabs and Muslims hate zionists and eastern european beggars and mercenaries who claim that they are jews and occupied Arab land by force and with assistance of all hypocrite western governments.

Yo say:"While they don't actively state that they want to destroy America, it is clearly stated as an objective of theirs to make the world dominated by Islam"

Hellooooo....are you blind or deaf or what????

Americans destroyed Afhganistan and Iraq and planning to destroy Iran and Syriah , just for Israel's eyes. Israel is daily destroying Palestine and Lebannon, so who is the stupid and ignorant one, you or me???

THE MUSLIM AND ARAB WORLD IS ALREADY DOMINATED AND DESTROYED BY AMERICANS AND ZIONSTS NOT THE OPPOSITE...STUPID.

Snipped unnecessary personal comment

Mod Edit Please do not evade the Automatic Censors

Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 12/0508/08 by neformore]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tamar.kh85

You might consider re-reading the ToC. And calm down a little. Ease off the personal attacks and insults.

I think you missed something. I may have interpreted Sublime incorrectly, but there are three key things in opposition to your angry rant...

1. His use of "" marks were strategically placed around "enemy".

2. He said extremists. He wasn't saying Muslim Islam. He was targeting the extremists of that religious faction.

3. He said he wanted to debate with them to understand them. He also stated he has done the same already with Christian extremists.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tamar.kh85

Wow Sublime, I was figuring you would be called a leftist traitor first. I can tell you will be in for some interesting experiences, good luck.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
One word sprang to mind

Echelon

We know they know. What we don't know is how seriously they take most of it

Don't worry though. Theres an awful lot of people in the same boat.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:52 AM
link   

i am a very prominent member of a Shia Muslim discussion forum ... If you chose to be member of a Sunni Muslim forum it's all rubbish theywould hardly tolerate it....

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

What's all rubbish?

What wouldn't they tolerate?

Sorry, I am tired, and I wasn't able to extrapolate those answers...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

I meant i tried to sign up for Sunni Muslim forum and I am a Shiite Muslim .... they were in shock and awe situation to have me there... everybody was replying like they would kill me... most of them were telling me that i am not a Muslim....
and were scaring me away....

However the Shia Forum i have been member for several years we have people from different religion there, we have got there Interfaith sub forum too, where atheists jews christains or people of other religion debate with each on Islamic issues like that... also we have there sunni-shia sub forum there .... we don't scare people away...

and that's why our shia forum is largest ever Muslim community forum

[edit on 12-5-2008 by LOYAL]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join