It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So I just signed up on a Muslim extremist board...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Well it's not so much that...

I just get worried that they data mine through key words. Then, couple that with the fact that they probably have unrestricted access to tap into our incoming and outgoing connections, plus access to IP addresses and names.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jetxnet

With the NSA eh? I think that's cool. Those guys are 1337 beyond all measure. Keep up the good work.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Yes, but what are they going to do with that? Nothing. They couldnt care less about you and me.

Unless you believe in this NWO-roundup-conspiracy-theory. But if you believe in that it wouldnt matter either way because there´s no escpape.

By the way: Are you enjoying yourself at the muslim website?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Meh, pretty boring so far.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
But we dont really know to which extent they monitor sites. And by which means. And with how many people.

Wouldnt it be interesting to see "Monitoring-Central", a bunch of well-dressed spooks citing in some underground bunker full of computer screens surfing around sites like this?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Sublime620, here are some other threads I started along the same line of thinking you're talking about to an extent within this thread. I thought I'd share them with you and the rest of the posters here.

Muslim's Are Not The Problem, You Are!!!

A World At War With Itself

A Nation At War - Racism

A "Cingular" mind...kind of like a "Singular" mind of the New World Order

The War on Terror...Stealing The US Constitution...Privacy Is The Last Refuge Of Revolution...

The Straw Adversary...a "terrorist" in our midst

[edit on 12-5-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

check out what my citizenry is up to.

Whats wrong with the government being curious? You would be too.

It all depends on what is being implied by "check out".

We allegedly have laws in place to protect the citizens privacy and liberties from being "checked out". But again, it all depends on the extent of what they are doing.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I don't know much about the NSA but I gleaned from the fact that their network of Signals Intel is worldwide. Their Cray supercomputers filter so much data a day it would probably blow your mind. I'm guessing they just have the Crays to hit off of certain keywords. Keywords which are mentioned countless times per day. It generates a report. Reports go to analysts. They probably throw a good portion away. Maybe get some gold who knows. I think you being put on a watchlist is a low probability. Even if you were on a watch list, its not a hit list, they'd probably delete you to make room for other people once they figure out your not up to anything bad. Somebody said they have bigger fish to fry and I agree.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

Yeah...that privacy is important too.

And that has to be balanced with the governments need to know what goes on in their country.

Tough to balance.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   

In light of that, an even bigger concern (at least to me) is supporting the innocent until proven guilty philosophy, which this type of watching has proven to deviate from in the past.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Did you encrypt the connection?

Did you use a fake IP?

If not, the yes.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Did you encrypt the connection?

Did you use a fake IP?

If not, the yes.

Anyway, why even go there?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by thetruth777

It was answered already but...

He wants to have discussions with them so he can understand their viewpoint. Not to become a Muslim extremist, but to learn.

[edit on 083131p://12u58 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by Solarskye

It's English. The site, I believe, was created by an American Muslim that has extreme beliefs.

Many of them reside in the Middle East, though.

Are you sure this site isn't an FBI honeypot?

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Why would I do any of that stuff? I didn't do anything illegal. I have no reason to use anonymous proxies or anything...

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Why would I do any of that stuff? I didn't do anything illegal. I have no reason to use anonymous proxies or anything...

Because they don't care what you're doing.

900K ppl are on the terror watchlist, and I don't think they care what you do on that site.

Simply GOING there is enough to qualify, I think.

I think ATS membership would qualify.

So if accessing "questionable" content, always encrypt your connections.

FBI crooks don't care about your intentions.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Like I said, if I find myself feeling like I am on a list like that, I will sue. If I get harassed when trying to fly, travel to another country, or whatever... I'll go civil on someone's #@#.

I promise that.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Like I said, if I find myself feeling like I am on a list like that, I will sue. If I get harassed when trying to fly, travel to another country, or whatever... I'll go civil on someone's #@#.

I promise that.

Just curious, who will you sue?

And how?

Think what you'd be up against.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:29 PM
link   
900K people on a watch list isn't that bad out of a world of 6 billion. I think it's a good thing to do, nothing wrong with learning what the other side thinks. I don't think there is anything, anything wrong with going to a website, any website, to learn.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
900K out of 300M Americans.

0.3%. HOW can 3 out of 100 ppl be terrorists?

infowars.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join