It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most memorable in game moment

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I've got two great moments.

Game - Mass Effect
Console - 360

Gotta be the ending when the reapers arrive at the citadel and start annihilating everything in sight, it was so fast paced running through the city (you gotta play this on 32" HD with 100W sorround sound!) shooting the geth and watching them float off it looked so cool!

And then when the human fleet arrives and you have to decide wether or not to concentrate on Sovereign or save the citadel council, on my first play through I thought right I gotta take down Sovereign first the council can wait, then it cuts to a scene where the council ship is getting blown to hell I remember shouting nooooo!!!!

What a moment I was totally engrossed in the game I'd recommend it to anyone who likes RPG's.

My second moment is on Ghost recon 2 on xbox live.

Playing on the riverbank map I held the whole top pass while my team mates went along the shoreline, must of got about 30 kills with my sniper rifle, they just couldnt get me ,evertime I saw an exposed head or part of body it was BOOM!! and byebye!

I thought yeahhhh who da man!

Great thread BTW star and flag from me

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

the box rules
get a free lift to diffrent areas of the base and save time using the trucks

my fav would have to be when hes in the lab and you have to find meral
and you chase after her into the ladies.

also from mgs2
snake and raiden moment

[edit on 9-6-2008 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Great thread!! I love reading these, it's so cool when you get engrossed in a game. The great poo was hilarious, never even heard of that, and I especially liked reading about the battles.

So other than Final Fantasy 7 which totally got me...

In DAOC, my first RvR experience. Charging alongside 70 albs into this line of 100 Hibs that stretched across as far as you could see. It was amazing watching that battle take place, I mean I had never even seen what the hibs looked like and I'm sure I wasn't the only one. It was great. And everyone on all sides died except for like 3 albs. Looking back on it I have to laugh, I died before I even got to the battle.

Cutthroats: A Carribean Pirate strategy game. I was doing pretty well, boarding merchant ships with ease until the Pirate hunters finally caught up with me. This had happened before, but usually it's 1 ship, sometimes 2. But this fleet had 5 frigates coming after me. My boat was basically a small version of a frigate.

I thought I was a goner. Just one ship of Pirate hunters costs heavily to fight, no matter how well you do, you usually are going to lose some crew and your boat gets damaged, and usually your best strategy is to try to cripple them and just run, they have way too many crew to try to board or get into a musket fight with. I remember it sinking in that I'd be fighting 5 of them at a time.

The wind was blowing just right for me, not so fast that they could fly up alongside me. I was getting my cannon shots in and avoiding theirs for the most part and messing up some of their sails. As I put holes in one's sails it would fall behind, and another one would lead the chase. 30 minutes of this and they all had messed up sails and moving at snails pace, mostly seperated.

I started to pull away, I had managed to survive. Then for the first time ever I decided to try to sink one. So I shot at them until I ran out of ammo, and I sunk 2 of them. It felt great pulling away from that battle.

I've never really been able to recreate that sort of thing since. I still play the game from time to time, and there are times even now that 1 or 2 pirate hunters give me a lot of trouble, sometimes blowing my ship up.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
StarCraft:
Platform : PC

Playing on battle.net ranked games, can't remember the map name, but it was enormous. 1on1.

I was protoss, opponent was Terran

I sent my entire force to finish out his base as best i could. Little did i realize he was anticipating this move, and had assembled an army just north of my cove. As soon as my last zealot/goon passed his army's hidden location - he sent in the calvary.

I was doomed, he had more bases than me, though i had the larger army.
By the time i realized what he was doing - my guys were already clear over by his base. So instead of running back to defend my base (giving him more time to build more troops)

i kept attacking

i sent off a probe in every direction possible
only ONE made it out

used that probe to build a pylon

at the end of the game, when i destroyed his last building, i only had that one pylon left

winner!

Oh man it was a long game too, i'll never forget those days

posted on Jun, 27 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic (on original Xbox) -- if you played as an evil character, the very end of the game was an experience not to be forgotten. I recommend you try this for yourself!

posted on Jul, 6 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Killing that stupid twat whisper in fable they say you have a choice but im sure we all know the correct one.

posted on Sep, 18 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Hrm, I had a really memorable game moment the other day. I was off playing portal (best game ever IMO), and I think its level 18 or something like that. I dont know where I am in the level but I think Im near the end.
Any way, it was when the person started talking over the loud speaker about the companion cube and how it will not threaten to strangle you and such, it was just so random and pointless lol...... if you havnt played the game you might not understand lol, oh and the companion cube is this little cube with a heart on it

posted on Sep, 19 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
K, I have 3:

1.) Hexen on PC

Back in the 9600 baud days, my bro an I would play over a dedicated phone line. We got into a game of hide and seek, so I climbed this huge tower to look for him buzzing around on the ground. Never could see him but I heard him giggling over the headset on the other phoneline. A few minutes go by and I hear a muffled "Aw crap!" then a yell over the line and from above me, even higher on the tower my brothers virtual carcass falls to its virtual death. I had never laughed so hard in my life, my brothers feeble scream in tandem with his virtual fall was cherry.

2.) Half Life on PC:

My first encounter with a headcrab. Nearly needed professional resuscitation and a cleaning crew.

3.) Silent Hill on PS2:

Watched my brother (different one) come off of the floor, toss the controller to the ground after hearing a beastie fly up and over him (had surround sound). He refused to play the game again.

JbT

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Nice Post

You guys all have some good one, ones that I would put up on my list too. But here is my top 2 moments in game.

1) Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Killing Ganondorf, finishing the game with 100% content seen. I was grounded for a whole month due to a new years 99' party I had when my partents were on honey moon. Lucky, a good friend bought me the game and I didnt come out of the house for a month, or want too. Take that parents!

2) WoW: Molten Core
Killing Ragnaros for the first time. 40 like minded people who were all salivating at the mouth to see this raid boss die for over a month. The day it finally happened Ive never had such a feeling of accomplishment from any video game Ive played before. It was like the feeling you would get if you just found out you won the lottery (Sudden adrenaline rush, yelling/cheering, # eating smile from ear to ear) . So delusional, I know, but it is what it was.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
i just beated both crysis and the warhead,and there so AWESOME im doing it again.for favouirte moment...there are LOTS.

in fahrenheit when the inspector girl finnaly got you...i was waiting for this scene so long (;

in half life...many

in flashpoint when i got the soviet general..(:
i dont know there should be a lot more

posted on Oct, 1 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It's really old, but my most memorable gaming moment was when I finally hit the level cap with one of my characters in Phantasy Star IV. It was my best memory followed by my worst when I realized that hitting Level 99 resulted in a glitch which phantomly deleted skills from your char's ablity list.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra
Hacker
Hacker was probably the single scariest memorable moment. The game comes with no description, no instructions, nothing. Even the box showed nothing more than a picture of a guy at a computer. You load up the game and there's not even credits or graphics, just a login prompt. You try to login, and fail. Eventually, it tells you it's "logging you off in 3...2...1....security system failure..." and then suddenly you've accidentally hacked in to some government computer controlling a robot and what, at the time, looked like a missile silo.

Wow! I'd completely forgotten about that game...you're right, it was freaking crazy. I'm not even sure how it ended up in my house, to be honest. But, yeah, it was this creepy, creepy game where you had to figure out the rules, commands, etc. just by messing around. I remember being baffled by the phrase "logon." I'd never heard of it, couldn't figure out if it was even a real word; like you said, it was all pre-modem/internet. I think this was one of my first PC games, somewhere around Ultima 4.

More recent memorable moment: (this will be spoiler-free) in Knights of the Old Republic where you have a "character revelation" 3/4 of the way through the game. I thought that was handled pretty damn well.

posted on Oct, 14 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
EDIT: double-post, sorry

[edit on 14-10-2008 by Vault-D]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   
A couple come into my mind

One was playing delta force 2 online I was equipped with the Barret 50 cal and had came face to face with three of the other team.

What happened next is probably the coolest thing I've ever pulled off in an online game the three of them were spraying saw machine guns everywhere at me and I was sidestepping somehow all of their shots were all missing me. They were quite close and definitely had the fire-power advantage over my rifle.

I manually aimed and shot three times without the scope and got three perfect head shots it was a perfect moment for me.

My favourite single player moment in a game though has to be Deus Ex.

I'd just found the nightclub and decided to just go crazy and massacre everyone it was extremely fun with the people running around screaming.

Yeah I know that last one sounds a bit dodgy but it was just great fun as I'd been playing quite moral up to that point.

[edit on 15-10-2008 by Teknikal]

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I remember playing Madden 96 on the Sega Megadrive (aka sega genesis). My 2 brothers were playing, one was 5 points up and had the other pinned on their own 2 yard line with the clock stopped at 2 seconds. The brother that was about to lose gave up and handed me the control.

Being stuck that far back, I pulled off a 98 yard hail mary pass, crossing the line with no time left and winning by a single point.....I think it was the funniest thing thats ever happened in a madden game

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
My favorite video game moment was when i was playing online in BattleFront 2 online on the PS2

I was a sniper in Kamino and had only one player in my team while the other was afk, there were 6-7 on the other team (all as snipers). It was probably one of my best performances in any game ever... i got 20 kills in one life... but got vote-kicked for "team killing"...

Some people are sore losers

My other favorite moment was in Killzone when Hakha shoots the helghast soldier sneaking up behind Rico (while Rico was holding a pistol to Hakha's head)

He gave him a look that i didnt think was possible to recreate in CG...

and finally Ace Combat Zero, the cutscene in which PJ is shot down... he said he'd be back too

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
My most memorable experiences come from ULTIMA ONLINE (in my opinion one of the greatest mmorpgs ever)

Basically almost anything was possible if you could play your character... and don't forget you were playing against (or with) thousands of other players too.

The BEST experience ever was back in the n00b days when i was poor in game and i was trying to raise some money for armour and weapons and i think i had a macro set up that made my character dance semi-naked whilst i shouted 'will dance for money'... lol

Anyway, as i was dancing some guy ran up to me and said 'hey have you got no money? Do you want a house?'

I was gobsmacked... back in the day, these houses cost a lot of money. Turns out this guy was very rich, but was leaving the server and he handed EVERYTHING he owned to me.... including a THREE story tower, loadsa gold, loadsa rare items and various trinkets and stuff...

Then he vanished.... he left the server... leaving me INCREDIBLY rich!!!!

Ultima online was so much fun... Back in the day.

Fun times include, escaping by the skin of my teeth from an armed and very angry guild mob (about five of them).... after i killed one of their members and looted some very nice stuff from him. He went and got his friends... So anyway, i got chased through the woods and fields and ran into an unlocked house (another player must have owned it).... they came storming in behind me, but i had already hidden using the HIDE skill...

They couldn't see me and assumed that i'd gone invisible and started casting anti-magic spells everywhere to try and break my spell. But i was lucky, i was one of the few players who maxed out the HIDE skill instead of invisibility (which every bugger picked) and they eventually left... I was physically shaking but laughed my head off..

Also, that game allowed much cheating and 'out of the box' thinking.... There were many ways to con players... such as this little beauty:

Picture the scene. Brittania city, the busiest place in the game for trading and merchants and the like... Basically players could drop rune books around which contained a place that a player could teleport to. This in almost all cases was a rune to a player operated vendor shop, where the rune would advertise 'CHEAP SWORDS and ITEMS' for example... and people would click it and arrive at the shop.

I had the cunning idea to do exactly the same thing.... but my shop/vendor was on a very tiny island in the sea, which was inhabited purely by myself and dozens and dozens of poisonous snakes...

So, i marked the rune, so players would land smack bang in a snake pit... an instantly they would get poisoned... leaving them no choice but to visit my very handily placed shop vendor which sold overpriced anti-snake venom.

I made a mint....

There are many other tales i could recount if you so wish.... Great game, best mmorpg ever and in its day it was better than World of warcraft, if not graphically... it beat wow in content and fun.

posted on Oct, 17 2008 @ 09:07 AM
link   
As mentioned with Portal. "The Companion Cude will not talk to you. It will not tell you to kill yourself. The Cimpanion Cube can not talk." Or in another part. "Android Hell is a real place where you will go at the first sign of resistance."

posted on Oct, 20 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I guess my most memorable in game moment was playing Dragon's lair the arcade game back in 1983.........The last level when I first killed the dragon, I shall never forget. This game is still one of my fav's.....

posted on Oct, 22 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
A moment that I'll never forget took place in a C&C red Alert game. I was also playing as the Soviets. It was just me and a Soviet enemy on a battle map. Slowly I surrounded his base and then proceeded to destroy it. Piece by piece. Bit by bit. I knew that I had him and there was nothing that he could do about it and I wanted to stretch out the kill. I then dismantled his base killing everything. I figured that the map would be over with but then I found something out. I forgot that I had it setup to where I had to hunt down any leftover units. So slowly I proceeded to try to find his missing units. Usually an ore truck or something. This wasn't the case. I mapped out the entire map including a river. I built submarines to hunt down any that he would have. Nothing.

Then I saw him. One lone Infantry man on an island in the river. I have no idea how he got there but there he was. A wolfish grin came on my face. I started to think of creative ways on how to deal with him. I wanted overkill. Then I had it. I built a nuke and launched it at him.

It was wonderful seeing that nuke coming down and then the mushroom cloud as he was vaporized!!

A feeling that I'll never forget.

Edit : spelling and clarification.

[edit on 22-10-2008 by Deson]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join