It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most memorable in game moment

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I thought this would be a funky thing to do.... so there are so many cool games out there I figured Id start a thread about your fav moment in one of those games.

So Ill start... all you have to do is post the title of the game and platform, then your moment - or something like that lol

Game: Crysis
Platform: PC
Moment: There was this awesome moment that Ill never forget, but it was the part where you are in the tank mission and you have just rolled into that big vally thing where you have the massive battle, and there is a helicopter just sitting there in the air - and you shoot it so it explodes and then all of a sudden all the funky battle music starts happening and then the vally erupts into big mess or guns fireing and tanks speeding and yea its just really cool.

Any way.... no ones probibly going to reply, but thats ok lol.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Game: Deus Ex
Platform: PC

I didn't know anything about this game, so was a bit slow on the uptake when playing it. But, when I finally busted out of the MJ12 facility, only to realize it was merely part of UNATCO, was a big wow moment for me. (Or rather, realizing UNATCO was a front for MJ12.)

Hey funky monk,

I have a Geforce 8600 GT (256mb) in my machine. Do you think it can handle Crysis? I want to get this game but hear it is resource intensive.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My favorite in any game is from the metal gear series.

The best is the Cardboard Box disguise!

I love bein a cardboard box. But the origional let you kill enemies while inside the box. It was a great trick.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   
most memorable moment huh, let me show you mine

(i didnt do this, i just like how it looks)

Game: Super smash Brothers Brawl

System Nintendo Wii

and lastly

P.S. whatukno, were both snake fans this rules

[edit on 8-5-2008 by outrider]

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
game: final fantasy 7
platforms: pc,ps1

moment: the death of aeris, I loved it when sepiroth killed that useless bimbo off.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
When I found a hack for CS:Source and could finally start owning everyone... So many people cheat on that game it's pathetic... You're doing good if you don't cheat and have a score of 10/20...

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Toromos

Hey funky monk,

I have a Geforce 8600 GT (256mb) in my machine. Do you think it can handle Crysis? I want to get this game but hear it is resource intensive.

Yea I recon your 8600 would be fine. Just make sure to get the latest patch and to tweak the settings. There is a really good guide on TweakGuides.com - it goes through all the settings and such. But I recon maybe medium - high and maybe a few of them on very high. lol, dont expect more then 30 odd fps though... it will look more then that btw.

Thanks for the awesome posts people

[edit on 9-5-2008 by funky monk]

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
i was surprised the ff7 when Aeris dies moment wasnt the first or second one.

but mine was probably Chrono Trigger:

when Chrono dies attacking Lavos. yea you get him back but i was like 7 and playing that so when my fav/best guy dies i was almost crying because i lost him. then you got him back and it was like w00t now lets go beat the game.

i think it was CoD4 (but im not sure) i think i have seen this cool cutscene-ish thing where you shoot down a chopper coming for you. and its just looks crazy. but i dont think i got the full effect from not seeing the whole thing. so its not first.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
My favorite video game moment ever was hooking up, at the time unfamiliar, x-box live for the three sixty. I remember just thinking how cool it sounded and how amazing it'll be. I got it hooked up, put in Gears of War, and never looked back!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Hmmm... a few of the most memorable moments to me...

Fallout 2
When I finally make it out to the Enclave Rig, and get to the President, and find out the vault failures were a setup by the government the whole time, and how they planned to cleanse the wasteland of all surviving humans for the "pure" ones in the Enclave, and then you end up having to kill him, that blew my mind. I'd never even considered such a concept before. I was literally physically shaking afterward, because it felt like I'd just committed treason or something, and the idea that the PoTUS could commit genocide on his own people had never even remotely occurred to me before that game. It was, I daresay, a life-changing experience.

Bioshock
I don't want to spoiler this game just in case someone hasn't played it yet, and it's still fairly new. But when you finally get to Andrew Ryan's office and he explains everything, and the flashbacks cement the realization...Wow... I felt so...violated. Personally, I think they should have made this the ending to the game, because the rest of it was just a letdown in comparison to how memorable this moment was.

Space Spartans
On the Intellivision II, one of the first "real-time" space games ever, and one of the first games to actually have a voice modulator. In a nutshell, you pilot a starship to defend your three starbases against alien attackers, and have a map that you must warp around, then it zooms you into space combat similar to Wing Commander. At the same time, you receive real-time updates via voice as to what's happening elsewhere or on your ship, and often, while you're in the middle of one battle, a starbase comes under attack. When you do, this vocoded voice announces "Starbase 1 UNDER ATTACK" (or 2, or 3) and sometimes all three are under attack. So, in this frantic battle with dozens of space spartans, I'm hearing with increasing frequency:
"STARBASE ONE, UNDER ATTACK"
"STARBASE TWO, UNDER ATTACK"
"STARBASE THREE, UNDER ATTACK"
"WARP DRIVE DESTROYED"
"SHIELDS DESTROYED."
"WEAPONS DESTROYED."
"STARBASE ONE UNDER ATTACK"
"STARBASE TWO UNDER ATTACK"
"STARBASE THREE DESTROYED"
"STARBASE ONE UNDER ATTACK"
"STARBASE BASE TWO DESTROYED"

and so on... I mean, it's really tame by today's standards, but back then, in the 80's, it was the single most intense experience I'd ever had with a video game...except possibly Hacker.

Hacker
Hacker was probably the single scariest memorable moment. The game comes with no description, no instructions, nothing. Even the box showed nothing more than a picture of a guy at a computer. You load up the game and there's not even credits or graphics, just a login prompt. You try to login, and fail. Eventually, it tells you it's "logging you off in 3...2...1....security system failure..." and then suddenly you've accidentally hacked in to some government computer controlling a robot and what, at the time, looked like a missile silo. I freaked out so bad I ran and got my father who himself was puzzled by the whole thing, especially since we didn't have a modem on that machine, and the WWW wasn't even really around back then (circa 1985). It took a while to realize it was just a game.

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Another great moment for me would have to be from Hlaf-Life 2 - the part at the start just after you had the accident with the teleportation machine and your standing there and Barny comes out and throws you the crowbar *que_awesome_music*

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Counter strike
PC at an internet cafe
I'll start with my second fave moment which is right before my most memorable. I was at the only internet cafe in town there were tons of kids from my highschool there some were playing DDR but most were playing Counter strike. My brother named himself crotchingsniperhiddencamper I think he meant croutching sniper and we just laughed and never told him why.
So ice world is randomly generated and there is this one kid he was younger than the rest of us probbably 11 most of us were 14 and up I think I was 16. All he does is use the shotgun and talk crap using the E-leanguo. "You just got pinned." "HAHA got you suckuh" In his high pitched voice. Now me and my buddy just use knives on ice world. The round starts everyone dies off but me and this little kid and he is just far enough to where his shotgun damages me but does not kill me. I have a knife so I can't get any closer I turn around and book it around an ice pilliar and as many of you probbably know they have those like 4 foot high brick walls protruding from some of them. And I hide behind that it's a pretty crappy hiding spot but I knew where he was coming from and knew he wouldn't check behind the wall. As soon as I croutch the whole cafe starts cheering and laughing and standing up because they were all ghosting while dead. This little kid runs right by me without seeing me turns the corner I give chase. Everyone who is dead is yelling. "Get him!" "Dude!!!!" Not one person even his own family on his team told him to turn around. I come up behind him start knifing him but for whatever reason I thought it would be better to use left click which is the crappier slower killing method so we spin around he shoots at me and he dies. The whole place cheers and laughs and the little kid whines and winds up crying. I was crying too it was just too funny. Later that night I set of an alarm to a store by throwing a half chewed snickers bar at it. It just stuck there also a good time.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Capture the Flag, Insullah Valley, Battlefield 1942 Desert Combat .7. I was American, a teammate got there flag and was on the roof of a building getting shot at from all angles... Flew the Blackhawk fly and fast over the roof, guy jumped in. Dodged atleast 5 RPGS, flew back to base and caused our team to win.

From then I had a new name - Super SIX - FOUR
Another was when I knifed 5 within 15 people in 15 seconds in Battlefield 2, all of whome had RPK Machine guns.

[edit on 16/5/2008 by C0bzz]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
PC

Joined allies on an online game, they were losing. Within 1 minute of being online every single player on the other team had been killed by me. There were only 5 of them, but my neighbour was watching me at the time and he was like, "What the hell?!". It was awesome

Toy Soldier was an awesome sniper, once upon a time.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The most memorable moment for me came in Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic on board the Leviathan when it was revealed that I was none other than Darth Revan, former Dark Lord of the Sith.

I remember watching the cutscene that played before and going "stfu...stfU...STFU!!! NO KRIFFING WAY!!!" Then smacking my head at all the clues.

That was awesome.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JackofBlades

i remember that too, i was all like no way, i dont believe this

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Title:Conkers Bad Fur Day

Console:N64

Favorite moment: The cutscene where Conker arrives on the beaches, displaying a rather squirelly moment from saving private ryan.

"Thirty seconds! Nice knowing ya' guys!"

Classic

Oh, I have to add. They should have put Conker in smash bros Brwal!

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
This is a great thread.

I have to start with my most despresing and shocking defeat in Madden ... I am a good madden player, and i didnt lost a game for a few years, most people refused to play me, and i was playing one of those games, i was us by 5 TDs in the 3rd quater, when it started, the guy i was playing against was using the Chargers, and he had LT... she started just calling LT up the middle plays from goal line formation the rest of the way... he scored, recovered, onside kick, socred again, recovered again... He does this OVER AND OVER until he has the lead, now by 2 scores... i finnaly get the ball back, and score super fast, i get the lead back by 8 points, but he finnaly scores with a few seconds left, and i stop him on the 2ptr... THEN HE GETS THE ONSIDE KICK!!! I just about died right there... the ball bounced over everyone, and when he picked it up he was almost in FG range... i lost by 2 points, it killed me, my streak was over... LT rushed 62 times, and Turner rushed for 20 also... i ended up running only like 10 offensive plays... the whole game and lose... i didnt even have a turnover, or a incomplete pass... i was the Browns i think... it was so painful... i couldnt belive i lost...

But i have great Video game moments, in Zelda Ocinrania of Time When i found out that Sheik was Princess Zelda i freaked... both me and my little bro were Awstruck...

There was the game in Halo 2 It was a ranked FFA match, and i got a kiliamanjaro! Thats 7 kills within 4 secs of each other... i was playin ranked matches in the middle of the night, my little bro was watching, and it was on midship. I had the shotgun, and BR in one of the bases, i tosesd a nade into the middle got a couple kills, then kill one on the midship with my BR, jumped down and killed 2 with my shotty, and at this poing me and my bro start reading them out "Killtacular, Killing Frenzy", then someone walks out of the bottem base, and i kill them, "Killtrocity!!!", then i turn around and jump up towards Carbine, up the Ramp, and A guy turns the corner, Boom shotty, "KILLAMANJARO!" me and my lil bro both scream, and we wake my parents up at 2am...

There are about 100 scenes from Conkers Bad Fur Day that are amazing... That is the most underated Video game of all time, teh game was perfect and sold like 10 copies on the N64... and not much better on the XBOX... but when you fight the The Great Mighty Poo and he sings his song... it is the best, i dont think anyone cannot find it funny
Also, the Matrix Scence in CBF, just amazing, i cant even guess how many time me and my friends played that level... In fact, i nominate the entire game, it was so funny... so great, and homage to so many great movies...
I could post hilarious links all day Pollinate...
Uga-buga

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

halo moments, eh i remember the first halo three moment in x-box live, people kept picking up the spartan laser,. firing and nothing happened, and they were all like "oh no it doesnt work" so i pick it up, and charge the shot, and kill three people in one shot, BAM dead.

also, unreal championship 2 the liandri conflict, i was playing on x-box live(again) my weps were the ripjack and sniper, for those who know this game, this will be amusing, i kept shooting peoples heads off with the ripjack(for those who dont know, it shoots saw blades), but it has an alternate fire, charge the shot, and realese, and it becomes a mine, so i lay a few and switch to my sniper, and wait, and in thirty seconds i got four awards, for, brainsurgeon(sniper only), killing spree,(five kills without getting hurt), killing frenzie(upgraded killing spree, ten kills without getting hit once), and disc jockey. it was amazing, a total of 27 kills without getting shot at ONCE.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by outrider
reply to post by TKainZero

halo moments, eh i remember the first halo three moment in x-box live, people kept picking up the spartan laser,. firing and nothing happened, and they were all like "oh no it doesnt work" so i pick it up, and charge the shot, and kill three people in one shot, BAM dead.

Oh yea, i didint know how to use that thing for the first few games i played, took a while to get used to it...
I still think Conkers is the best...

Now i have to tell you about some of my favorite moments from Rome Total War... the game is set in teh 2nd centery BC... I had my legion of about 2500 well trained men (with about 400 archers), i was being attacked by nearly 9000 infantry, and 1000 calvery...

The first wave of men was overwhelming. Nearly 4500 phalanx infantry, and worse, ive started on the Low ground... Enemy reenfourcements are not going to make it to the battlefeild right away... I make my move, i split my force and move haslty up the hill I use my General and his calvery guard to 'push' back the enemy skirmishers... during this, my men moved onto each of the enemy flanks, the enemy posistion started to move thier formation bends into a crecent open away from my men...

Then in a moment, i take both of my flanks, and smash onto each of his sides, the middle of the Line gets drawn out, and becomes distant from the battle.. meanwhile, my men SHASH thier line, causeing a Mass rout, and then enemy runs confused into my men, i kill thousands in the matter of seconds... with the entire first army of the enemy smashed, thier reenfocements moved in...

The second wave of men were the elite units... the first one was just phalanx milita, and i shamshed them with little resisctance... This next wave was not going to be easy.. the numbers were probly even at the start, about 2200 men on each side... but i had the upper ground, and my men had not thrown thier spears yet...

The Greek Elite made thier way up the way up the hill... as soon as they got into range, i rained spears down on them, the greeks held formation, and i used up all my spears... now hand to hand combat... the greeks are gaining the upper hand, i have the numbers, but the spartans can out kill my princepes...

I move some auxiliary troops to the middle and pull back about 400 men... i swing around on the weak flank and fly down the hill, swing around, with my general leading the charge, thier line breaks from left to right, and several hundred of thier men flee... there is still a group of about 200 spartans on the strong flank, that will not break... the third army arives on the battlefeild, they are uphill, and must march thru a forest to get to my men...

MY army is thining... i have less then a quarter of my men remaining... no spears... everyone of them is tired, and i have 2000 more greeks marching on me, running full speed thru the forest...

The spartans have no surrender in them, they must have killed half my army, with only about 500 of them total, im sure they killed over 1000 of my men... finnaly, the last spartan dies, my men are exaushsted... but more enemies arive... they now arive in waves of 200-600 men... i franticly keep shifting my men around, my general trying to delay enemy renforments... i split my force up, just a couple groups of 300 men, i surround and slaughter the units that arive

My 2 groups do well, but soon i see that the Spartan generals unit makes its way to one of my groups... they cant hold up, i lose one flank, the men that arnt cut down flee off the map, running down hilll... My general rallies a couple dozen men who were routed, and the last of my men fall down the hill, there is no more then 200 enemy men left on the map, i have about 120, strong troops, neaar super men...

Im down him, and the spartans charge, my princepes hold strong, i move my general, and the last of his calvery guard to the rear of the phalanx... my men are holding the spartans back, fighting to a stand still... the numbers are starting to get close to each other... i take my general, and his remaining 7 calvery guard, and charge, down hill, full speed at the backs of the spartans... The calvery SMASH the line, and my general rides thru, splitting the spartans... i pull my gen around the lin again... only a couple of horses left... no more then a dozen or so spartans, i charge in a last gasp. and they break, the last dozen spartans become routed, and flee... when the battle ends i am left with 30 people alive and over 7700 enemies killed... it was intense...

The hardest fight i ever had vs the CPU... so intense...lasted over an hour...the win was so epic, and total, that the war with greece was practily over after that battle, no large greek force would apear after... definatly my greatest open feild battle...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join