It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acording to recent developements, over 90% of blacks should be considered racist.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Last night in North Carolina 91% of blacks voted for Obama.
elections.foxnews.com...

In 1988 jesse jackson captured 92% of the black vote time-blog.com...

I think we can all agree Jesse Jackson is no Barak Obama.

This clearly proves that over 90% of blacks will vote for any candidate as long as he is black.

Does this make those blacks racist?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

NO! They vote this way because they do not trust "crackers". Would you? Maybe you would'nt if your recent background included fear of being lynched, charged with driving while black, shot at, dragged behind pickup trucks in Texas etc.

Who do you trust? People that have done you right..correct?

I have spent many a day being the only white guy in a all black club in Atlanta, Ga. and I was treated with nothing but respect once they found out I was not a cop or a white guy wanting to be black. HA!

Once bitten twice shy.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by whiteraven

so not trusting a white candidate because of things that happened to their ancestors is not racist? ok...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   

I wish you were Jewish so I could put you in a room with a Nazi and see how long it took for you to crack.

40 years. That's how long black have been treated fairly. Do you think we can give them at least a half a century to recoup, or is that too much to ask?

+2 more 
posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

recoup? black people voting today weren't even alive fifty years ago!
the "struggle" is a total cop-out for getting away with things whites couldn't possibly ever.
Can you imagine a "White Entertainment Television" channel being allowed to flourish?

You are displaying what has come to be known as "white guilt"
I wish you well recovering from it sir.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Really? You think there aren't people still alive from the 60s?

You are recovering from what's called "delusions".

Don't forget they don't actually have to have been there to have been affected. I'm sure knowing your mother was raped or your father was hung is enough to jade a family for a few generations.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

"White Guilt" learn it, love it, live it.
It is the reason Barak is going to be the democratic candidate.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by blimpseeker]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:32 PM
link   
OK...But I would like to add that the face of corporate America is predominantly a white face. most people in general realize that corporate America is the reason for our largest social injustices, and world conflicts. At the same time politicians are bought and paid for by corporations. Most of these people are white. And most of them suck at their jobs. What they want is really what many other Americans want. To try something different, to maybe look at the country through a different set of eyes. If Obama, or Jesse Jackson provides that sentiment for most people in a certain community then so be it. At least it's not the same old faces, with the same old lines. People are begging for a new flavor in world leadership. And that means a new flavor in American leadership. Maybe that's Obama, maybe not, maybe that means Ron Paul, or Jesse Ventura, or even Hillary Clinton. The point is, a new perspective is sought. And all of these people have one thing in common, they are all not your usual old faces.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Started out talking about black vote percentage.....

I think the proof shows that this is too touchy of a subject to proceed......

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I don't usually break posting rules but:

[snip]

Mod Edit - removed insult.

Civility and Decorum are Required

[edit on 7-5-2008 by elevatedone]

[edit on 7-5-2008 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
This post looks and smells like a poorly executed troll job ... But what the hey, I'm in.

1st of all, black people can vote for whomever they want, same with every other race. That's the beauty of a democracy. Where are the percentages of white people who voted for a white candidate?

How many women voted for Clinton? If a teenager was running, do you think they would get the 18-25's to vote?

If it just so happens that blacks vote for Obama, and he is black does that mean that because I am white, I should not vote for Ron Paul because I'm racist if I do?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

The point being made is that white people that don't support Obama are being called racist. Does the door swing both ways?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
If it just so happens that blacks vote for Obama, and he is black does that mean that because I am white, I should not vote for Ron Paul because I'm racist if I do?

This is exactly the point that The media and Obama's camp is pushing.
Of course Hillary's camp is pushing that those that don't vote for her are red neck pigs.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker

The point being made is that white people that don't support Obama are being called racist. Does the door swing both ways?

The only people calling white people who don't vote for Obama racists are idiots, just like the people who say black people who only vote for black candidates are racist.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enrikez
This post looks and smells like a poorly executed troll job ...

Why is it that race cannot be discussed in an open forum without raising these kind of replies? Are we that afraid to offend anyone that isn't white?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I think maybe had you posed the question in that manner it might not be such a volital post. I could be wrong but trying to nail down 'racist' is like nailing down a jellyfish. It used only to tear people apart. It seems that to disagree with even one thing about someone of a differant background makes you a racist towards that group!
Zindo

[edit on 5/7/2008 by ZindoDoone]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

well then you should have actually made that point in your original post. My girlfriend was a Hillary supporter, she started getting a little wishy washy on her after she illustrated her "Universal Healthcare" plan. What really killed it for her was the sniper fire comment. And then the repeated defense of said comments.

To her it is about honesty. Her and I both like Obama.Though would rather vote for Ron Paul. Not because we don't think Obama is a bad candidate, and certainly not because he's back, but because Sen. Paul talks about the issues in much finer points than Obama. Obama may agree, but we'll just see what his policies are like once he is elected president. Since Sen. Paul has little chance of securing the presidency, our next best option is Sen. Obama.

Because McCain lives in a magical fairytale land huffing paint with G.W. and Hillary is constantly ducking sniper fire.

I'm also a Jeremiah Wright supporter because he doesn't pull punches and doesn't apologize for being who he is. I think the guy was painted as evil by the media, and Obama has to play the game to stay on top.

We need more people in this world like Wright, Ron Paul, Obama, Jesse Ventura, and Dennis Kucinich. These people may not all see eye to eye on everything, but they're not afraid of speaking out.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

And anyone making that point is being just as ignorant as you are.

Let me expand:

Sorry to the mod who had to deal with my first post. I don't usually do that, but in special cases, I find it justified.

This is that case. First one since I've been here.

Look, this thread is useless. It will only do one thing: breed hate.

I mean honestly, he's calling black people racist. Really? Yes, we white people have it so bad with all the blacks that hate us and conspire against us.

It's stupid, and with all the threads that get deleted and censored, this one should be at the top of the list.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

racism

hatred or intolerance of another race or other races.

dictionary.com

I wonder if this voter turn out proves a hatred or intolerance?

I'm going...emphatically...with NO.

I'm sure that the smooth flowing reality of our society, on a general scale, proves that this is not an indication of racism.

Next topic...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Can you imagine a "White Entertainment Television" channel being allowed to flourish?

I hear that argument and I always find it amusing.

Minorities, Women Underrepresented on Cable News

The study results show that women and people of color were severely underrepresented as guests on these cable networks in the weeks before and after the Imus controversy, although the Media Matters study found a small increase in racial/ethnic diversity during the controversy.
Marketingcharts.com

Minorities Still Under Represented on Magazine Covers

Minorities continue to be under represented on the covers of pop culture magazines and publications, according to a recent survey by the New York Times.Times. Examining hundreds of magazine covers from 31 publications, the Times found the percentage of minority cover persons grew to just 20 percent in 2002 from 13 percent during 1998 to 2001. Feminist.org

Locked Out: The Lack of Gender and Ethnic Diversity on Cable News Continues

In total, there are 35 hosts and co-hosts of cable-news programs during these hours. All 35 are white, and 29 of the 35 are male.

Race/ethnicity of guests

Whites dominated the guest lists on all three networks in the weeks we examined.
Mediamatters.com

It doesn't have to be called White Entertainment Television because according to the numbers that is usually what you will see anyway. Are you upset because it is not OFFICIALLY called WET?

All major networks are owned by white men so I don't understand your point at all.

Listen...take your remote control and flip through your channels for a few minutes. Count how many people of color you land on. Count the number of minorities on the magazine covers you see on the shelf at the next store you go into that has a rack.

I mean come on dude why are you making me do all this research for you? Whites are overrepresented in the media no matter what you call the channel. You haven't noticed?

As far as your comment on whites being called racist for not voting for Obama guess what? It was a lot of white people saying that whites wont vote for him because he's black. Not even to say that they are bigots but to say he should give up. I was shocked at how many times I've heard: "I know the people of this state and they are just not ready to vote for a black man." Then there was the guy (i forget who) that stated the blue collar whites would not vote for Obama. Or that Latinos wont vote for Obama (which has been proven false) and this was from WHITE politicians, media types and campaign staff.

What are they saying here? That these people are bigots? It is really insulting to the people in question and myself.

For example this really annoyed me:

Pennsylvania Governor says Whites Aren’t Ready to Vote for Obama

“You’ve got conservative whites here, and I think there are some whites who are probably not ready to vote for an African-American candidate,” Rendell told the editorial board of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette in remarks that appeared in Tuesday’s paper.
worldpress.com

So you're upset with him too?

There are still people who lived through Jim Crow/civil rights/extreme discrimination and yes some had relatives that were slaves. There were Vets in WWII that had to sit BEHIND the Nazi prisoners on the train back home.

It's not an equal playing field yet...it hasn't been that long and we still have work to do.

How old are you Blimp?

- Lee

[edit on 7-5-2008 by lee anoma]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join