Acording to recent developements, over 90% of blacks should be considered racist.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Might I remind you that
there's this little thing that happened for over 400 years.

It's called SLAVERY!!!!
Hello are you awake?
And jim Crow
And blacks not allowed and on and on.

Such ignorance tends to link a race of people together.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:30 PM
link   
That's one reason we have voting booths. They are entirely private and nobody is making you push any given button. To suggest that white people will vote for an African American just because they don't want to be thought racist is pretty far-fetched. If you're that afraid of it you can always lie to your friends about who you voted for.

White people vote for the candidates that they hope will stand up for their particular interests. African Americans do the same.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by blimpseeker

It's not just black people, 90% of all Americans are racist(just my opinion). We live in a multi-colored country and there is too much history with what white people have done to people of all colors over the past few hundred years. Of the three options for pres we currently have, Obama makes to most sense to me. I'm not voting for him but I wouldn't mind if he won the whole thing in November. As for Wright, I still support most of his views except for the black people learn differently from white people statement. I think he was acting like a clown in front of the press and was only thinking about himself and his freaking ego. If I was Obama, I would have cursed him out for the circus show he put on. Don't care if he is man of the cloth, an a...hole is an a...hole regardless of the color of their skin or what their job happens to be.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lee anoma

Great post Lee

Yes there is more white people on tv but there is blacks also, the numbers correspond to population percentages. = more whites on tv because there is more white people in the US.
But I believe making excuses and giving special treatment to a minority group because of the past is only giving them a crutch to lean on.

Giving them this special treatment is being racist! The person that is not a racist is the one that treats everyone equally.
THINK ABOUT IT.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
Might I remind you that
there's this little thing that happened for over 400 years.

It's called SLAVERY!!!!
Hello are you awake?
And jim Crow
And blacks not allowed and on and on.

Such ignorance tends to link a race of people together.

How many generations must we give special treatment to? hmm? should my kids, grandkids have to deal with all this reverse racism and white guilt? their kids? when is enough, enough?

when will we treat everyone as equals?

are blacks not equal to us? are they weaker? not as smart?

I think they are equal in every regard and I think they should be treated the same as whites, browns, reds and yellows.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   

But it's not just that there are more whites. Did you think just because we said "Okay, you're equal now" that meant blacks were fine? That they would have just as good of a chance us we do?

Assuming all of the people in power did say, "Fine, we will hire people based off of merit and not color", the blacks still have to crawl their way up to a position to have as much merit.

Did you think all of the sudden they would get as good of an education or have as much money? It's a slow process, and they are still at a disadvantage. It will remain that way for probably another generation or two.

It takes a while for social classes to balance out, and for old wounds to heal. It doesn't just go away with an, "Okay, I'm sorry, we'll be nice now".

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by blimpseeker
The point being made is that white people that do not support Obama are being called racist. Does the door swing both ways?

Should it smart guy? Let us break it down for you ok

Whites came to the Americas, and after the American Indian taught us to survive here. We started seeing them as "less human" as us. We started calling them savages while we damn near made them extinct.

Years later we started importing Negro’s as pieces of property, we raped the woman lynched them for even looking at white woman. They were not allowed to do Jack Squat. What blacks dominate in our society, they fought to achieve from an established handicap that to this day we still see from time to time.

To be inclined to vote your race is understandable hell we have always been that way and although one may NOT be an Obama voter, not every vote that Obama gets from whites, is a testament to white guilt, it is a testament to his ability. Moreover, I think you trying to make this a racial issue proof that it is always out there.

If Obamas message were packaged in a young charismatic white person, he would have been the winner long ago already.

Now you know what WHITES would do to show racism if circumstances were reversed?

We would NOT VOTE FOR ANYONE at all and we would boycott voting on a city-state and federal level.

Blacks have always been very active in the process and voted for the white candidate who best reflected their values but they always voted.

When they had a Black candidate, hell why not vote for your Black Candidate. That is to be expected as it would be for us doing the same thing but RACISM is like Atheism when they actively talk about NOT believing in God, Racism is actively NOT voting for ANYONE until that Black or White is put back in his or her place and not allowed to run for office period. We whites actually did that sort of thing. We even called it "Black listing" We black listed Hollywood Actors we thought were communists during McCarthyism. Entertainers in Vegas and Sports figures Athelets and Politicians.

When a country has a legacy of being that way to people,, can ya blame them for bringing it up.? Sure Blacks today aren't the ones that should be complaining but consider this,,,

the Blacks today would be a lot better off had their parents and grand parents had the resources to give their offspring a higher platform, social status, inheritance etc as we had. They are just NOW getting to enjoy that kind of priveledge but what they have got they have earned by pulling it up from lead weighted boot straps without any help from the Dad that was never there with no wind at their back.

You are either a Racist or not, we do not have a word for Non Racist, that is just a given the normal state of being. (or should be)

Regarding worries about the race card being played against whites who do not vote for Obama.

That is when it becomes a racial issue.

Is it true?

May be for some but if you think Blacks are using it as a lever to get whites to vote for Obama?? Giving us a reputation to live up to, is one thing, seeking the approval of it is another.

I just don't think when you are alone in a voting booth where no one is looking over your shoulder, no one will know what you voted, or who you voted for but we all know when we are in there,,

We all vote for the best candidate and the best candidate is always.

In-spite of their color or their party,

The best candidate is ALWAYS

The candidate,

YOU like.

- Con

[edit on 8-5-2008 by Conspiriology]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   

reply to post by lee anoma

Great post Lee

Yes there is more white people on tv but there is blacks also, the numbers correspond to population percentages. = more whites on tv because there is more white people in the US.
But I believe making excuses and giving special treatment to a minority group because of the past is only giving them a crutch to lean on.

Giving them this special treatment is being racist! The person that is not a racist is the one that treats everyone equally.
THINK ABOUT IT.

I think now you are the one making excuses.

The numbers do NOT correspond to the population at all hence the underrepresentation. Same for women. Of the 26 shows that started last fall on major networks none had a minority in a starring role. That is reflective of the population?

Where are the Latinos? Anyone would agree that they are one of the larger minority populations in America yet I don't see them often at all.

Even still...knowing that...why would BET bother you then?

I mean honestly its really a crap channel anyway (a lot of blacks think so) and if they want to have a channel since...as you agree..they aren't getting air-time what is the major drama about? Seriously you are making a big deal about nothing. There is no need for white entertainment television when it is what we have mostly anyway.

Oh an what special treatment are you talking about? I thought this was about voting anyway...why did u shift to BET and how is BET a crutch?

You already erroneously stated that:

black people voting today weren't even alive fifty years ago!

You are sadly misinformed my friend. That is a ridiculous thing to say and of course made me wonder how hold you were.

I see now that you are starting to spout rhetoric. I think you are looking to complain as if white Americans are now the societal underdogs and the numbers do not show this. You're starting to whine unnecessarily, and I'm starting to see this thread as a race baiter. Who asked you for special treatment anyway? No one asked me.

What is your agenda? Do you even know?

Think about it.

- Lee

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Everyone knows Barak would not be where he is if he were white.

He is extremely limited in experience, his rheoteric is only good for speeches that are written for him, in a live tv situation he stumbles all over himself and shows his inexperience.

A young, good looking white guy with even more experience than Barak would not have gone as far..white guilt and black reverse racism has Barak where he is today...

As proof I give you,

JOHN EDWARDS.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Please learn more about yourselves before continuing to attack the messenger (me)

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It is real, it's very real, please understand what is happening to you. There is still time to fix it. I was the same way but now I know the truth.

www.opinionjournal.com...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   

"Barrack wouldn't be in this situation if he were white".

Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? Since when is that an advantage?

Sure he may get a large portion of the black vote, but that is hardly going to win any election.

You do realize he is not the first black candidate to run, right? In fact, the Jesse Jackson got smashed. Not even close.

I don't know what agenda you are trying to accomplish on this board, but the people here are too smart to fall for this garbage (at least most of us). Perhaps you should take this borderline spam/trolling elsewhere.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
From his source above

The collapse of white supremacy--and the resulting white guilt--introduced a new mechanism of power into the world: stigmatization with the evil of the Western past. And this stigmatization is power because it affects the terms of legitimacy for Western nations and for their actions in the world. In Iraq, America is fighting as much for the legitimacy of its war effort as for victory in war. In fact, legitimacy may be the more important goal. If a military victory makes us look like an imperialist nation bent on occupying and raping the resources of a poor brown nation, then victory would mean less because it would have no legitimacy. Europe would scorn. Conversely, if America suffered a military loss in Iraq but in so doing dispelled the imperialist stigma, the loss would be seen as a necessary sacrifice made to restore our nation's legitimacy. Europe's halls of internationalism would suddenly open to us.

Because dissociation from the racist and imperialist stigma is so tied to legitimacy in this age of white guilt, America's act of going to war can have legitimacy only if it seems to be an act of social work--something that uplifts and transforms the poor brown nation (thus dissociating us from the white exploitations of old). So our war effort in Iraq is shrouded in a new language of social work in which democracy is cast as an instrument of social transformation bringing new institutions, new relations between men and women, new ideas of individual autonomy, new and more open forms of education, new ways of overcoming poverty--war as the Great Society.

I can't believe you posted this article as evidence.

That article is a piece of garbage. It's all opinion. No evidence to back anything up. It's journalism at its worst.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

It is good to see that you are reading and being educated on the subject Knowledge is the first step to recovery.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Please learn more about yourselves before continuing to attack the messenger (me)

en.wikipedia.org...

I'm not a racist one way or the other. And despite being a Barack supporter, as a supporter I have to hold his feet to the fire more than ANYONE ELSE. For the same reasons I hold any other politician to the fire. To keep them honest and keep me informed.

But you see that isn't the issue here is it? You're paranoid that an Obama win would do what exactly? Listen, no one is calling you a racist for not voting for Obama. But the election isn't about race. It's about war, our economy is falling to pieces, people feel stagnant and restless because it looks as though there is nowhere to go, and we have yet to see the bottom of the gorge.

There are people, such as yourself, that have little interest in these very important issues. So in turn you bring up these so-called wedge issues in the hopes, of accomplishing what exactly? No of this is going to tell us how the country will be run by ANY candidate, let alone lend any air of credibility to a debate that the media has turned into an ideological circus.

This is pretty much beating a dead horse.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
There are people, such as yourself, that have little interest in these very important issues. So in turn you bring up these so-called wedge issues in the hopes, of accomplishing what exactly?

In the hopes of evening the playing field.

In the hopes of keeping sheeple from voting for an inexperienced candidate simply because of his skin color.

In the hopes of opening up sheeple's eyes to their white guilt.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Good thing the white candidates have you.

This thread is
!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I'm not voting for anyone because of their skin color. You are no one to throw around the word "sheeple", and I don't feel guilty. Where are you going with this?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620

Good thing the white candidates have you.

This thread is
!

Mr. 620
precedent in this case has been established by the landmark 1951 Supreme Court decision in the case of "Rubber vs. Glue", to wit:
"Whatever you say bounces off me, and, in fact, sticks to you".

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I'm not voting for anyone because of their skin color. You are no one to throw around the word "sheeple", and I don't feel guilty. Where are you going with this?

So you can honestly say that you are voting Obama because ...

A. he is the most experienced
B. he has the best plan on moving the country forward
C. you think he is "cool"
D. you like him more than any other democrat running
E. you would never vote Republican

please explain your answer. if you have one.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join