It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you think the Vatican has failed? A plan to fix it!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
What does God have to do with it? Anything? If he wanted the Church to grow and exist wouldn't he have the capability? Why do you feel it is in your hands, or that it is your decision to help it along?

This is the height of arrogance! If God wants it to go down, nothing will stop it! And perhaps it needs to!!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Please let this thread be a joke…..PLEASE…………..for the love of humanity and all that is good in the world PLEASE!!!

Andre: You are UTTERLY confusing.. you are willing to kill off species on this earth because you don't like them as seen in this similarly retarded thread.. I'm surprised that you and Jedi haven't formed a cult together. Given your views I'm sure that life on this Earth would cease to exist and then you would be happy because everyone would all agree to the same thing.. not to exist in peace!

Back to the topic.. Jedi, how in the hell did you become so arrogant? You sound just like every other extremist out there blinded by what they THINK is right.

You think you've seen god, you try to send a hotdogthrough time by a microwave and then you spout this. I used to like you, think you were harmless etc.. instead I would think that you and Andre would both gladly kill 6 mil jews with Hitler if you had been in his army because your view from your angle is right enough to commit murder. I'm sure Hitler would have more than convinced you with his pretty charms you could wear on your uniform..

sad.
Really.. it is completely, utterly sad and is a DIRECT reflection of what is wrong with our species.

That's ok though, I think different than you, think your god as you believe it to be is a fabrication to placate your weakness and millions others like you who need guidance and am willing to let you continue to believe it in peace. I will never try to impose authority on you. However, if you try to ever impose your belief and/0r authority on me then you would have to start watching your back.

May the FARCE be with you.

b

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I wanted to post in support of Andres excellent response:

Sadly, if you feed the Troll it will lose it's independence and will start to depend on you for survival. Please don't feed the Troll.

That people are taking the OP seriously is scary.

Eric

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

You sound just like every other extremist out there blinded by what they THINK is right.

It is easy to see why religion is more and more being hated. If God wants to rescue religion, then that is his business. I quite frankly, don't expect him to.

It seems more of a reality that religious ones are starting to lose that lovin' feelin It is the reason why I left religion in the first place.

The OP is not showing the love of Christ, nor is he following his example.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Fix it? How about abolish the #ing thing.
I hate Christianity, and people like you who keep trying to push it further on this planet. SCUM

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Doesn't sound very Christian to me. Present day religions are dying because they have failed to evolve with humanity.
Just as the religions of ancient Rome and Greece gave way to our present religious state, so to will our present system of belief fall by the wayside.
That's why there is such a great struggle now, more like the death throws of an outdated philosophy.
Those who fight the hardest fear the most because they think that if they let go of what they have been indoctrinated in all their life that there won't be anything else, but there is something more.
God is not a person, when that God force created man, man returned the favor and created God in his own image.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

excuse me, but are you saying that i should unmercifully be put to death for not believeing in the bible or any other religion, now dont get me wrong i believe their is a creator, but i believe these relgious books are just mere peoples thoughts on what the creator would be like.
their has been hundreds of gods and varying beliefs through time, are you saying you would also put these people to death if they exsisted today?
You have made yourself look a very irrational and unsympathetic individual.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by RSheafer

God is not a person, when that God force created man, man returned the favor and created God in his own image.

Very good!

And oh, what an abrupt awakening when God shows who he really is!

The Vatican, and all religions are failing, because they do not understand God. They are naturally suffering from attrition. God has removed his spirit, or his veil, from off the earth, and is not feeding them, so they are angrily withering away!

Up until now, religious mankind has abused the existence of God, and are crying wolf. But who is listening?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:45 AM
link   
My first 18 years were enough of the Catholic religion for me. It is such a man-made structure that there is hardly anything left of real Christianity in it. Catholics venerate the mother of Jesus, as much, if not more than Jesus himself. With all the saint worship it's practically polytheistic.

You want to force belief on people? Why not reopen the inquisition and start torturing heretics? A solid core of real Christians is stronger than billions of forced Christians so what would be the point anyways?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Well there sir jedi, I think if you want the world to change you must come up with a little more original idea. I believe your tactics were tried before. And while they did convert many people to their faith (forcefully I might add), they were no better then any than any "jihadist", religious zealot, or despot leader who was hell-bent on domination (see Hitler, Polpot, Napoleon, etc...) These were the times referred to as the dark ages in history texts. This is the time period that really opened my eyes to the true intent of the church. Convert or die. It's all been done before. But I ask this question: How can a religion of peace come to realization that it must kill to convert. If the religion was truly “the one true religion" shouldn't the obvious truth jump out at anyone who comes upon it? A true religion of "God" would not want his children killed. Good or Bad. Think of "God" as a parent of sort. A parent would never want to see his child hurt or killed. Even if that said child was a bad person. They are still his child none the less. And to kill in Gods name is worse than killing in your own name. If you're going to kill someone for not believing in what you believe, at least have the courage to do it in your own name for your own purpose because that is really what you want to do. God didn't ask you to kill. You thought it up and want to attribute that thought to God.

Your plan for conversion and domination is old. It's been done. As I said the Dark Ages can attest to that. Or how about the Spanish Inquisition. How about the Murder and enslavement of the tribes of Mexico and South America in the fifteenth through eighteenth century. What a crock!! Believe or die!! Ha the greatest fraud ever perpetrated on Man. Believe in nothing!! A belief allows the mind to stop functioning because you no longer question it. A non-functioning mind is clinically dead. Believe in NOTHING!!

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AkashicScribe
Your plan for conversion and domination is old. It's been done. As I said the Dark Ages can attest to that. Or how about the Spanish Inquisition. How about the Murder and enslavement of the tribes of Mexico and South America in the fifteenth through eighteenth century.

Well, but think about it, it worked didn't it? it stopped the Mayans and Aztecs from killing virgins and doing stupid rituals. If it worked before, it should work now. I just think that the head of the catholic church is too a puss to try that again. if we want to save everyone we must convert them, now I did not say kill everyone who disagree's with us. I just said, we need a religious army to spread the word. nothing else can save us now but religion and our complete belief in God. science is not going to work, it will destroy us! we have to go back to the beginning and start over. but like I said, this is just my plan. I'd like to see other christians come up with other plans so I don't appear to be the only one trying to save our dying religion.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
but like I said, this is just my plan. I'd like to see other christians come up with other plans so I don't appear to be the only one trying to save our dying religion.

your religion is dying because

- it doesnt serve god, therefore doesnt have his support
- clergy have ignored gross sin on the part of the clergy
- has misrepresented scripture to follow pagan beliefs
- has ignored jesus´ counsil to remain separate from the world by involving itself in politics
- has ignored jesus´ counsil to love one another by blessing troops on both sides of the battle lines in many wars including WWI and WWII.
- by being bloodguilty for having taken part in those wars, (dont forget the bloodguilt of events like the crusade and inquisition)

and your only answer is more bloodshed?

[edit on 12-5-2008 by miriam0566]

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Religion is dying because it is not spiritual. You want to believe that Christianity has had Christ's backing, but the evidence shows the opposite. Not only is it failing, but they can never agree amongst themselves. Was Jesus fickle?

If Christ did indeed attempt to set up Christianity (which I do not believe), he failed!

posted on May, 14 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by miriam0566

your religion is dying because

The only thing that is dying would be the brain cells of people taking this thread seriously.

The OP is taking a stick and putting it in the hornets nest that is this forum and shaking it about in an effort to get a response.

A little piece of me is killed every time someone responds to the OP troll.

Eric

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by EricD

We are not victims - we are volunteers! LOL!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join