It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were to move out of the U.S.A where would you go?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
some place where there isn't any people.
If prepared,
Dubai or some other nation like that due to lack immigration laws.

But in reality, I'm stuck here for now.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ihavenoidea

You are not 'stuck' anywhere....as long as you have money.

I can go anywhere, and fly....since it's my greatest skill. (Off the record, of course.....LOL!!)

WW

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Although I am not American, I would personally consider the following:

Nunavut Province/ territory Canada, considering it is the size of Western Europe but with only about 29,47 it is one of the least densely populated places in the world.

Rural (I mean very Rural as in are you crazy or do you have a death wish Rural) Siberia (Since it as like 50 or so people to each square kilometer, compared with my countries 383 per square kilometer, or 42.2 million people to 13.1 million square kilometers compared to my countries 53 or so million people to 131,000 square kilometers.

I would also consider Greenland if my papers get rejected by the Inuits and the Buryats.

I likes my potential escape places, scarcely populated and preferably very cold

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Marshall Ormus

I'd still like to be someplace where I'm off 'the grid', so to speak.

Since I can fly, I have a skill....an off the grid skill, if you know what I mean! (nudge, nudge, hint, hint!)

WW

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
Come to Switzerland, you get to keep your service rifle between military service terms.
We have the highest density of full-auto rifles in civillian population in the whole world and the smalles amount of their criminal abuse (altough its currently raising).

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Well im here in the UK, and me and my mum want to move out of the uk before/if situation x occurs, we used to live in spain and may go back..... i would love to move to australia but its too hard to get in, i used to really want to move to america, but im sure i dont need to explain why i dont now (the people and place are great, the government are'nt!)
....id like to move to an english spoken country, as living in spain was very difficult for the first few years when i couldnt speak the lingo, id honestly research the 'safest' and most stable place to live if situation x began.... paranoid? just a little!

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Come to Canada, we'll let anyone in and theres lots of wide open spaces to hide

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Very easy question to answer and for sooooo many reasons I cannot list them all here, but a thourough study of these 2 places will quickly tell you why.

Australia or New Zealand.

Outside of the US, the 2 greatest countries on earth. From the economy, to the people, to the ecology, to the standard of living.... like i said, many, many reasons.

God Bless Australia and New Zealand.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I'm not leaving the U.S. until I have enough money to do so....but I AM planning on leaving. I plan on buying an island somewhere out of the way, calling it me own country & developing it by myself. Things I'll take with me: Plenty of live-stock, grains, solar paneling. Other than that, I shouldn't need much else. The way I feel, who can I trust when I don't trust anyone.......MYSELF! I'll build enough shelter for about 50 people, you know friends and family who are wise enough to come with me, so that we can tend to the land and work for our food. No need for all the other "distractions" that the "real world" has to offer.

Just my take on the subject.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
I'm not asking where to move if WWIII is about to start or some other horrible catastrophe. I mean right now today if your fed up with America and decided to move where would you go and why? Where do you think the most stable region/country to live in might be?

Vernon/Kelowna area in B.C., or perhaps Trail, B.C.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RKWWWW

Well I would agree but if Situation X has anything to do with earthquakes and tsunami's, being east of the rockies would be the best bet. I've seen a few maps of supposed "Safe Zones" looks like central Canada is the place to be. Now if were talking NWO stuff, then anywhere that isn't considered a major population center would be best.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Now_Then
Whatever you do don't go to France!
Come over to sunny Devon! - well it's sunny today at least.

The UK gets some bad press but ....

They don't want to go to the UK, they want to get away from the spying and the loss of freedoms and 1984 like big brother antics of the government and industry.

From BBC web page :

Workers accused of theft or damage could soon find themselves blacklisted on a register to be shared among employers. It will be good for profits but campaigners say innocent people could find it impossible to get another job.

To critics it sounds like a scenario from some Orwellian nightmare.

An online database of workers accused of theft and dishonesty, regardless of whether they have been convicted of any crime, which bosses can access when vetting potential employees.

But this is no dystopian fantasy. Later this month, the National Staff Dismissal Register (NSDR) is expected to go live.

more here ..

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I think I'd settle for a lot of European/Scandanavian countries, as well as, say, AU and NZ. But alas, I'm stuck here to sink with everyone else.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Personally, i'd head for northern Canada to disappear into the wilderness, maybe Alaska although it's US I'm sure i could find a remote spot and not be found. I'd like to see Siberia, that looks cool, but i'd head for anywhere uninhabited at the higher latitudes with natural resources.

It might be a hint that King George is buying up land down in South America, either that it's planned to be the region of stability by those who plan such things on a global scale.

I prepare myself with knowledge. I'm comfortable walking into the bush with nothing and being able to start from zero so to speak, so it's more of what temperature and scenery i want. I'd love it if there was snow year round, in higher latitudes where there's lots of light for summer growing seasons, and the ability to have cold storage nearly year round, and in all the times where it counts. I wouldn't worry about livestock, although i'd want a couple of wolfdogs with me, and possibly a pack animal or two. I'd prefer pack goats, as i travel light and they'd basically carry small loads over rough terrain. For meat i'd rather hunt it than farm it.

But anywhere in the wilderness with enough resources would be fine, as long as i'm far enough away from civilization to be completely independent and unaffected by it.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
If you were to move out of the U.S.A where would you go?

New Zealand - I speak the langauge. The country is beautiful. It's out of the way for terrorists. It's perfect to be there if all heck breaks loose or if Yellowstone Erupts.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Belize. Fek everything and keep fishing. I would not denounce my U.S. citizenship. I'd like to get my 2 kids (10f/8m) away from here on principle - quit the pavement palace grocery store circuit for a bit.

To the extent CAFTA and NAU &c, Belize and for that matter British Columbia roll into th U.S.? I live in Seattle. There are a million places to camp around here itshtf. Try not to dwell on "worst-case" contingency plans tho.

jc

[edit on 8-5-2008 by jamescar]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Malta. Because nobody cares about Malta, and it has great food.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I'm thinking Sweden, New Zealand, or Canada. If I stay in the states I'll probably end up in Colorado. Too many choices to decide for now though.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by QBSneak000
Well, I also don't live in the USA (Canada for me) but this is a good question. If you are fed up with how the US is then going to a country that is similar wouldn't help because you would eventually run into the same thing you left USA for in the first place. Canada would be nice if only because of the huge land mass and lots of places for one to go into the wild but....again we're a lot like the States so.....

Im going to go with either the Mayan Riviera in Mexico (Im biased because I just got back from my honeymoon there) its very nice and cheap. Other than that, maybe Costa Rica or Belize.......I like tropical weather as you may have noticed. If we're talking about leaving the continent then New Zealand or Cambodia might be nice too.

Agreed. Don't go to Canada folks - GWB and Co. have many insidious agreements and treaties with the CDN. government that are basically designed to track US citizens down and bring you kicking and screaming straight back where you began

Going south is your best bet. There are vast areas down there where living is cheap and Washington has little influence.

J.

[edit on 8-5-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
These answers are not based on where I would want to be when the Sh!@ hits the fan!!! In that case I think I would like to be sitting square in the dead center of Saskatchewan, Canada

Disregarding and sh!@ hitting the fan below is a list of places I would love to live!!

So many great places!! I would have a hard time picking one!! wish i had Howard Hughes dough and could buy a summer/winter home in all of these places!! Along with my own 777 to get there in!! HA!!!

Western Canada / beautiful, nice people

Germany / Beautiful, lots of really cool old architecture, great people, great BEER

England, Cool history, castles, nice people, little too much big brother though

Netherlands, Cool history, great cities ( amsterdam, utrecht, rotterdam) liberal culture that actually works, great people

Switzerland / classic european ring cities, interesting mix of culture and history, beautiful mountains..... nice people

Japan, Really interesting history, just driving through tokyo is an amazing spectacle of some of the most amazing engineering you have ever seen... Its literally like your in a giant lego toy set..Some of the best food in the world. great BEER

S. Korea.. Interesting culture.... pretty good weather. Everything in Seoul looks so new and expensive... Nicest hotels I have ever seen besides Vegas. DMZ is pretty intersting tour. Good food, Nice people

Anywhere on the adriatic sea... Italian or Croatian side..... Ravenna Italy is AMAZING

But, I have to say if i had to move out of good ol'e USA it would be a small town in northeastern Italy called Trieste.... It is near the borders of Croatia and Slovenia. Trieste is pretty small and it is a very relaxed place. Nice castle near by called Castle Duino and lots of pretty girls and great food!!! Not too mention it is also on the beautiful Adriatic sea

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join