It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Teacher Accused of Wizardry - Loses Job!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   
oops, Centurion, sorry I just read your post. You read my mind.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
I thought it would at least take a generation after the creationists took control

When did this happen? What book in public education has Creationism involved in their texts? Please give title, author and year of printing.

It looks to me as though the religious nuts had their pitchforks and torches already on the counter when they started enforcing creationism over science.

My we're quick to swing that judgement hammer, but be careful, it has two heads.

Take your bibles to the caves if you like.

No

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
Makes me glad to live in Australia where people are generally just dim witted
and not lobotomized like the U.S.A seems to be.

Mmm, what are we having for dinner tonight mom? Judgement? Sounds delicious. Glad I don't live in Australia, thinking I have the God-given right to call a whole nation stupid. ((See how ignorant that sounds?))

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
It makes me mad as a mot..fuc...., hearing a story like this. I sincerely hope he's got a strong case against the school. Let them pay buco bucks or more, for wrongful termination.

I wonder if the school allow physics classes, because i seem to remember my physics teacher, turning clean water into red, blue and yellowish colors.

According to tradition at this school, that demon of a teacher should first be put naked into a pillory, at the town square. After 3 days of being humiliation both verbaly and being spit on. First then shall they hang him, with a sign around his neck reading: I'M A FRAUD. I WAS WRONG, THE WORLD IS FLAT, IT'S ALWAYS BEEN SO, AND ALWAYS WILL BE...

Shame on this school and it's Principal, and shame upon those parents, who didn't stand up to defend this man. Yellowbelly cowards..

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I guess no shriveled up apple head dolls in art class anymore!

What can you do.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Topspike
I wonder if the school allow physics classes, because i seem to remember my physics teacher, turning clean water into red, blue and yellowish colors.

Bah, I'm not a physics teacher and I can turn clean water yellow. I have a tablet that turns it blue.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Attention that school board: it was just a little trick he knows. So he pulled off an interesting little illusion, it doesn't mean he should be fired over it. This is probably in some messed up backwater region that has no clue how the world outside works.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

throw 'em in a pond to see if he floats :]

if he does, burn him!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
What's wrong with you guys

Sounds like a disgruntled employee spinning the truth like a top to get even with people who fired him for what was probably a good cause.

This whole thing is based entirely on HIS WORD and the Board said it had other reasons.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

I know it was meant rhetorically, but nothing is more fun than answering a rhetorical question.

The answer is we're media hounds. Every day we read the news/ATS/the latest gossip hoping to hear something that justifies our opinions, judgements, preconceived notions of how things are in the hopes of laying on the table "the way things ought to be" preceeded by ye olde "I told you so!" Lead us, shepherd newscaster, for we are the sheep. Hear us bleat predictably, "Baa baa baa".

Sounds like a disgruntled employee spinning the truth like a top to get even with people who fired him for what was probably a good cause.

This whole thing is based entirely on HIS WORD and the Board said it had other reasons.

Good observations, glad to have you on ATS

[edit on 7-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
The front page of my news says:

U.S. envoy: Cyclone toll may top 100,000

But us on ATS finds it more imperative to banner one substitute's claim against a school as a 'hot topic'. One clap for ATS.

Send your prayers here:

YANGON, Myanmar (CNN) -- The death toll from the cyclone that ravaged the Irrawaddy delta in Myanmar may exceed 100,000, the senior U.S. diplomat in the military-ruled country said Wednesday.

A girl drinks water from a container as her homeless family eat donated food in the outskirts of Yangon on May 7.

"The information we are receiving indicates over 100,000 deaths," the U.S. Charge D'Affaires in Yangon, Shari Villarosa, said on a conference call.

The U.S. figure is almost five times more than the 22,000 the Myanmar government has estimated.

The U.S. estimate is based on data from an international non-governmental organization, Villarosa said without naming the group. She called the situation in Myanmar "more and more horrendous."

"I think most of the damage was caused by these 12-foot storm surges," she said.

Villarosa also said about 95 percent of the buildings in the delta region were destroyed when Cyclone Nargis battered the area late Friday into Saturday.

www.cnn.com...

Sorry for the interruption by reality, please continue the ranting on hearsay.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by saint4God]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
The front page of my news says:

U.S. envoy: Cyclone toll may top 100,000

Sorry for the Intrusion/ Derail, but the thread for that (Burma Cyclone) for all who is concerned is located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

---
Back to the subject at hand:

That aside, I'm sure there have been negative bias and knee-jerks all around in this case much like in many cases, I guess we just need to wait this out and see if anything new regarding this story get released perhaps when and if this goes to court.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

The answer is we're media hounds. Every day we read the news/ATS/the latest gossip hoping to hear something that justifies our opinions, judgements, preconceived notions of how things are in the hopes of laying on the table "the way things ought to be" preceeded by ye olde "I told you so!" Lead us, shepherd newscaster, for we are the sheep. Hear us bleat predictably, "Baa baa baa".

So true
I've got to get a life

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marshall Ormus
Sorry for the Intrusion/ Derail, but the thread for that (Burma Cyclone) for all who is concerned is located here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ah! There it is. I wonder why it was necessary to dig deep to find it. Nevertheless I'm grateful. Thanks and good to see there are ATS'ers with heart.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Marshall Ormus

I guess we just need to wait this out and see if anything new regarding this story get released perhaps when and if this goes to court.

The problem is if this "goes to court"; we pay.

Schools and their Boards only have the money given them and taken from us.

Frivolous law suits are probably one of the most insidious conspiracies facing us today. This may well lead to yet another

[edit on 5/7/2008 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
sounds to me , like the principals name was "Adam West".........

thats just #ing hillarious- "wizardry" lmfao!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

The problem is if this "goes to court"; we pay.

Schools and their Boards only have the money given them and taken from us.

Frivolous law suits are probably one of the most insidious conspiracies facing us today. This may well lead to yet another

It's surprising how many 'yay-sayers' about this don't realize this simple truth. It totally adds up for us in taxation of everything from gas to food. Well said and good point.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
That's absolutely insane! I can't believe higher-ups would call him out on 'wizardry' over any of the other problems he supposedly had.

I've performed the same simple trick where I work numerous times. Good thing I showed everyone how it is done or maybe I would've been canned for wizardry!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Perhaps we should all demand that the Federal Reserve also be fired immediately now that we have a modern-day precedent.
Surely, the Wizardry involved in creating money out of thin air seems far more advanced than that of the substitute teacher!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by theendisnear69
reply to post by greeneyedleo

I think it's just baptists that make a huge deal out of something this meaningless. I have been to tons of baptist churches throughout my childhood, and if I was caught with a harry potter book it was off to go get swats. No i'm not joking. I know that "regular" christians don't care about this kind of stuff, but the baptists will rip you to shreds.

Wow. I'm a Baptist. In fact, I'm a Baptist pastor. I've read all the Harry Potter books and found them well written. But then, I enjoy most of ATS too, so...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join