It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Florida Teacher Accused of Wizardry - Loses Job!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Oh my god.

... err sorry, your god.

Has it really come to this? I thought it would at least take a generation after the creationists took control for people to be scrutinized for witchcraft.

It looks to me as though the religious nuts had their pitchforks and torches already on the counter when they started enforcing creationism over science.

lol, and we called the 50's a witch hunt.

Oh well. The recent trend of religion vs science is only going to leave the United States in one state of being... archaic and starving.

At least the rest of the world understands what science is... for the religious nuts, feel free to turn in your electronics, cars, homes, and everything else that has come from science. Take your bibles to the caves if you like.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
This is just CRAP

Here is another fanatical git without a brain in a position of authority.
He made a toothpick disappear for Christ sake, its called an illusion !
Anyone who cant get that through their thick heads shouldn't be in the education industry .

What a load of crap , The half wit responsible for putting the teachers career on the line should have some sense knocked into him .

Its funny to see everyone jumping up and down defending there "Faith" and saying things like "Where not all like that " "We are the best thing since sliced bread" Blah Blah Blah .

If you think that this is the first time something as disgusting and brainless as this has happened in accordance to "Faith" then you really need to wake up to yourself.

Honestly,people get offended because the belief system that they are apart of is stamped as a cult all the bloody time. Take a step outside and see whats shaking in the real world .

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   
What I don't get is the process flow of this whole episode.

I mean someone had to call the principal and complain about the teacher being a "wizard". But instead of just laughing the call off, the principal has to agree and push this forward. Then the school superintendant had to get a similar call, maybe from the principal saying in effect that "Uh, oh. we've got a "wizard" an the faculty. What do we do?" Instead of the superintendant showing some sanity, he instead agrees that there is a BIG problem at the school.

I mean that's two adults in positions of responsibilty over children that can't just say "you're nuts!" to whoever is complaining about the "wizard" in the classroom!

People in Florida! The answer here isn't to fire a teacher because he's been foolishly called a wizard. No, the answer is to fire the school principal and anyone higher that went along with this BS.

This is the kind of thing you expect to read about from some backward 3rd world country, or a supermarket tabloid rag - not he U.S.

[edit on 5/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Best thing we can do is pass the word and prevent more of this from happening. Its ridiculous.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Maybe his supervisor just didn't like being a Muggle?

It's interesting to see that his boss acted that way. Late magicians were often executed for practicing "witchcraft," before many had to go to the emporers and show them that it was all sleight of hand, and not real magic.

Maybe next time, the teacher should make his boss's ignorance disappear.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Thanks for that blackthorne, my monitor needed a good cleaning anyway. Funny as hell man. 'But I got better'. I can't stop laughing.

Originally posted by blackthorne
"how do you know that he is a wizard?"

"he turned me into a newt!"

"turned you into a newt?!"

" i got better. burn him him anyways!"

sorry, could not help it! LOL!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
and for his next trick:

Turning a Pink Slip into a 15 Million dollar settlement for wrongful dismissal and defamation of character....

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I believe, religious beliefs aside, that it all comes down to 'Power'.

He/She who has power, makes the rules.

It seems obvious that someone of 'Power' has instigated the whole ordeal, and probably not the principal or the Superintendent.

In situations similar to this, it usually takes one phone call from the right person. To say its all about religious beliefs is a bit of scapegoat.

As someone already posted, 'More to the story' that just what we are hearing. Chances are the teacher may of offended someone he shouldn't have and is now paying 'a price'.

JMO

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Why would they wanna fire Mr. Wizard? For teaching me about vacuums by only using a glass bottle, an egg and a match?

I guess some people just don't get it.

=)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:56 AM
link   
What I do not understand is if there were other performance issues with Picular why chose the most peculiar of them to fire him?
There does seem to be more to this story as strange as it is already.

Tampa Bay's 10 talked to the assistant superintendent with the Pasco County School District who said it wasn't just the wizardry and that Picular had other performance issues, including "not following lesson plans" and allowing students to play on unapproved computers. Tampabay's 10

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Maybe we can fix him up with the poor Saudi Arabian woman who was condemned to death for being a witch.

Although, I never heard how that turned out. Did they get her off the hook, or did King Abdulla just go "no, sorry, it says right here in my Koran that she's a witch and must be killed. Right below the bit where it says sperm is produced in the lower back..."

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Although I really want to think there is more to this story then just doing a trick in class, siting performance issues to me seems to be nothing more then a knee jerk reaction to trying to cover there own but's.
I think the best thing I have read about this so far is for him to pull a lawyer out of a hat. I would really like to hear how all of this went down.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
this is funny, damn i better tell my dad, if people are in trouble for doing magic tricks, my dad is going to jail. Is there any other reason why he was booted, did he use foul langue when he did the trick ? or do something offensive ? or has the world lost its damn mind ?

Fox

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Wow, just wow.

Makes me glad to live in Australia where people are generally just dim witted
and not lobotomized like the U.S.A seems to be.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivzm
Wow, just wow.

Makes me glad to live in Australia where people are generally just dim witted
and not lobotomized like the U.S.A seems to be.

Excuse me?

Not everyone

lol

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
This is Riddikulus!. [-Harry Potter fans will get it-]

dangerous stuff, this may trigger another witch hunt

[edit on 7-5-2008 by CzErased]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
The family across the street from me where I lived as a child were Baptists.

They were not allowed to dance or face the equivalent of Ex-communication. I'm not talking 'go to a dance' as in the movie Footloose. I'm talking about dancing in their house or front yard, either.

The father was particularly strict. (he later had an affair and moved out, lol). Maybe their church was targeting the wrong behaviors?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I can see this thread is just another excuse to attack Christians. It really saddens me to see people display such hatred toward other human beings. Maybe we should all be rounded up and thrown into incinerators so as not to ruin all the God haters lives? You could elect a Hitler and get to work! One of you I will be putting on ignore as you are just filled with too much hate. I would say who but it is against the rules to single people out. Of course you can hate on who I am all you want and attack my God and Faith and that's A-OK! IMO, there's a point at which these attacks go over the line but as long as you don't name me you are home free.

Even more ridiculous is to cast assumptions as fact.

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Are our schools being run by narrow minded pinheads or what? Or... is it the parents that are idiots?

Personally I think it is a combination of both.

FOOLS!!!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by jbondo

This is not about attacking Christians its about just plain stupidity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join