It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 86
<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   

ATS is a conspiracy

think about it, you give you them your email address, once you log on to your email they know where you are. They track what you know, and how detailed you know it. If you start to get to smart for your own good something might "happen" maybe an "accident" of some sort.

There's nothing to stop you using chained encrypted proxies, and setting up dummy email accounts if you really care about that kind of thing. It is illegal to sign up to online services under fake details though in some countries, there was a case a while ago with a myspace bully who was blamed for causing the suicide of someone, and their bullying was not techically a crime, but the fact they had joined myspace under false details was, and that is what they were prosecuted for.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CapsFan8

I agree. That forum was doomed to fail from the start, it had no real support. Now, CNN has more balls than ATS, lol. Kinda sad....

www.ireport.com...

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Now, CNN has more balls than ATS, lol. Kinda sad....

How so?

How can you compare the motivations of a mainstream cable news channel with those of a privately-held conspiracy theory editorially-agnostic discussion board?

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The forum had support.

Unfortunately, it also drew a handful of people who were hell bent on doing what they wanted to do. That got the forum closed. Blame the few that screwed up, not ATS as a whole.....they gave it chance after chance after chance before trashing it.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I find it fascinating that we cannot discuss the use of certain illegal substances, but there are links to demonic spells on ATS and the mods don't seem to be bothered by that.

While I understand the legal aspect re drugs, I don't understand the ethical aspect in allowing links to demonic literature. Is ATS biased?

What do you think?

N

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

Demonic spells are legal.

Maybe not wise, but legal.

As far as ethics and morality goes, not everyone's is the same, and a big part of this site has to do with not falling in the trap of the "norm". You practice your ethics and let others practice theirs.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I think "the mods" are tasked with enforcing the site's Terms and Conditions which are straight forward and unambiguous. I think people who are determined to discuss things which aren't to be discussed here have plenty of other venues to do that. And I think dead horse flogging is tiresome and annoying.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
How can you compare the motivations of a mainstream cable news channel with those of a privately-held conspiracy theory editorially-agnostic discussion board?

The war on drugs is NOT a conspiracy? You need an asterisk next to the word conspiracy when you use it, IMO. My point was CNN is still doing very well as a business with many high level advertisers, despite allowing it's viewers to even post videos of themselves engaging in illegal activities, but we have to shut down an entire forum because a few idiots obviously wanted it to fail?? Everyday now, CNN has a piece on it's home page directly contemplating and advocating legalization. It's most prominent figures ALL support the discussion (today it's Cafferty)...HOW is it we do not? Seriously, why would you willingly sideline this site during what appears to be an inevitable change upcoming in major policy?

Like you've said though, many times, there are many sites to go to, including CNN, to discuss this topic. I just like it here, that's all. I want to be able to discuss this issue with the folks here, at a time when it is most important. I'm frustrated with your policy in regards to this, and I can't honestly wrap my mind around why it is so. I'm just voicing my opinion, I know I can seem sarcastic sometimes, but I mean no disrespect.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, that horse ain't dead yet

All the best,

N

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by skeptic1

Do you feel it's OK to post a link so any 12-year-old can assemble a potentially lethal gun? I gather from your comment that you have no idea what those spells can do. Playing with fire doesn't even come close ...

All the best,

N

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Demonic spells......gun assembly for a 12 year old.

World of difference. If you don't approve, don't click on a link.

ATS is not a baby-sitting site there to guard your tender sensibilities or anyone elses. Personal responsibility.......it's a good thing.

[edit on 3/31/2009 by skeptic1]

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Oh, I see. We only provide the servers and don't give a damn about content.

You mentioned responsibility and I couldn't agree more.

All the best,

N

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have a couple of questions regarding the ATS format?/site improvements.

I know the first one has been asked for before but im not sure if it will ever be implemented: a back to top of page button

The second idea I was thinking of was some kind of alert to when a member posts a reply to one of your posts on a thread. Im sure there are a few people that may also agree that sometimes a thread you commented on gets way long and (probably because im lazy) you have to sift through a few pages of comments to see if there has been a reply to yours.

I admit that there are a few posts I have completely forgotten about and a month or so later when I go back to that post, there has been a few people that have replied to something I have said but because of my crappy memory I haven't responded so it makes it look like I am ignoring them.

Any way we could get some kind of alert? Say if someone hits the "reply to" button, it sends an alert to te person he/she replied to via U2U maybe even with a link to the reply or something like that for faster responses? or in my case a response period lol.

how hard would something like that be to set up?

Sorry for the long post....need more coffee.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

There is a top of page button at the bottom of every page.

It is down there with "ATS site home", "ATS board home", "site map", and "top". Clicking on "top" will take you back to the top of the page you are on.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

See, I told you I need more coffee haha, I see it now. Perhaps I also need to get new glasses.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
The war on drugs is NOT a conspiracy?

It's a significant "meta-conspiracy."

However, time and time again, a segment of membership have proven that it's impossible to have sane and sober analysis of the conspiracy angles without also injecting juvenile and pointless commentary of personal drug use.

Our reasons for rejecting that kind of discussion have been spelled out at great length on numerous occasions. We gave the membership a chance, that same segment failed everyone.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
However, time and time again, a segment of membership have proven that it's impossible to have sane and sober analysis of the conspiracy angles without also injecting juvenile and pointless commentary of personal drug use.

Our reasons for rejecting that kind of discussion have been spelled out at great length on numerous occasions. We gave the membership a chance, that same segment failed everyone.

I realize that, and what's done is done. I'm not whining with the expectation of any change here. But, at the end of the day, can you honestly say you believe those posters were even being truthful? It was basically spelled out for those who may for whatever reason or agenda wish to disrupt the discussion, how to get it shut down. I can almost say with certainty that it was not the actual segment that wished to discuss the topic that got it closed, or even true stoned morons. I believe the majority of thoses idiots were lying about personal use and perpetuating false stereotypes, in order to destroy the discussion.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Nichiren,
Even though I don't make my way 'round these parts as often as I'd like to, you certainly seem one with an obvious and apparently Aged axe to grind when it comes to this site's management, policies and procedures.

Given that this little corner of the web is free for all who wish to share ideas, ideals and opinions, with only but a few common courtesy requirements, it would seem to make your efforts here that much more intentional and transparent. That's the problem with boils. You can drain, lance and evacuate them but until you near literally cut them out they will persist... only to return and fester causing little more than further annoyance.

Despite knowing that we are to address the content and not the contributor, members such as yourself make that aspect quite difficult and often times near impossible.

Honestly, if any one who chooses to register an account eventually finds themselves at odds with "how things are done" then it would seem only obvious that it's up to that individual to make their decision. I mean, if I don't like the way a given establishment prepares their food, I certainly wouldn't continue to further patronize nor add to their bottom line by eating there. It just makes no sense... but, then again, such a decision requires sense in the first place.

I dunno... but when I do happen to stop by for a glance, or to simply check the latest i-gossip, it's rather amusing to see those with such short a tenure airing the longest of laundry lists.

odd. that.

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

Too many assumptions on your part ...

If I didn't care about ATS I'd be out of here in a heartbeat. I do enjoy the topics on this site. Sometimes it's hard to separate signal from noise, but some threads and posters offer outstanding contributions.

I don't complain about ATS too much, but maybe your server data tells you
otherwise ;-)

It seems to me that you're opposed to a critical opinion on how ATS handles certain things. I think that allowing a dissenting opinion is the strongest sign of a functioning, vital ATS site. Rather than everybody lockstep marching, we should voice our concerns and make this a better site. It looks like you disagree with my method here.

I stand by my opinion that ATS is too relaxed about links to demonic spells. I do understand they're not illegal, but they can do more serious harm than narcotics. I do debate anybody who claims otherwise.

All the best,

N

posted on Mar, 31 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Paranormal topics are part and parcel of this site.

Until that changes, all facets of magick can be discussed unless a Mod or Admin deems it off-topic or against existing T&Cs.

It is obvious you don't approve, so don't participate in those threads. Let people find out for themselves. JMO...

top topics

<< 83  84  85    87  88  89 >>

join