It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 89
<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
I suspect there is a legal issue why the owners don't want to respond to my question.

I'm sorry... it's hard to tell what your question is.

What is it, exactly?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Nichiren

People have real life issues to attend to, not to mention simply keeping this place up and running.

No one is avoiding the question.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I don't think that banning demonic discussion here is necessary. That would be like banning christian discussions.

It would just be wrong to do.

Whatever your side of the fence is. Banning the other is not the solution. One way discussions are boring. Little new is learned and little value comes of it.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
reply to post by Nichiren

If you are so up in arms about this, why not u2u SkepticOverlord or Springer about it.

probably because they were directed to this thread by a moderator.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AncientMy Enemy

Well, he hasn't gotten a reply here, so maybe a u2u to one of the owners would get him answers quicker instead of post after post.

Onto another problem.....

On some threads in BTS (especially DATS), when "reply to:" is clicked, everyone is getting a white page with "error" in the upper left hand corner. Quote works fine and Post Reply works fine, but when people try to reply to a specific post, we get the one word error white page.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Hi SkepticOverlord,

my question is: why does ATS allow a link to demonic spells?

Sincerely,

N

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

I asked you in a U2U on 28-3-09 if you would re-open a certain thread. You never replied. I thought you'd have the courtesy to address that mail first ...

All the best,

N

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Why would we not?

What qualifies something as a "demonic spell?"

Paranormal, metaphysical, and alternative spirituality have long been a part of ATS topics.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Why would we not?

What qualifies something as a "demonic spell?"

Paranormal, metaphysical, and alternative spirituality have long been a part of ATS topics.

SkepticOverlord,

thanks for your reply. I really appreciate it.

I could give you a lengthy definition of "demonic spell", but I won't beat around the bush. It boils down to my personal understanding and experience: demonic spells are real and possibly harmful to a person's psyche. Do you feel that this statement is true, or do you think that demonic spells can do no harm?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Do you feel that this statement is true, or do you think that demonic spells can do no harm?

Anything taken to an extreme, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Wicca, Satanism, etc. can cause harm.

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Do you feel that this statement is true, or do you think that demonic spells can do no harm?

Anything taken to an extreme, Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Wicca, Satanism, etc. can cause harm.

SkepticOverlord,

very interesting reply.

So would you quantify performing a demonic spell as an extreme act?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's not for us to decide.

Clearly you have some kind of an example of something you saw on ATS that's bothering you. Why not just post the link?

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

I could give you a lengthy definition of "demonic spell", but I won't beat around the bush. It boils down to my personal understanding and experience: demonic spells are real ...

in other words, your "definition", "understanding" and "experience" trump all? ... or at least others?

might i suggest growing your mind?

welcome to ats

posted on Apr, 3 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1

Onto another problem.....

On some threads in BTS (especially DATS), when "reply to:" is clicked, everyone is getting a white page with "error" in the upper left hand corner. Quote works fine and Post Reply works fine, but when people try to reply to a specific post, we get the one word error white page.

I can attest to this. It is very annoying. And only seems to have happened once the thread went past 1,000 pages.

Any help would be appreciated,

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

S.O., Nichirin is referring to this thread here: I can open portals...Weird!

Disclaimer: I don't care....just saying

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annie Mossity

I could give you a lengthy definition of "demonic spell", but I won't beat around the bush. It boils down to my personal understanding and experience: demonic spells are real ...

in other words, your "definition", "understanding" and "experience" trump all? ... or at least others?

might i suggest growing your mind?

welcome to ats

What is your beef with me? I was addressing one of the owners of ATS, not you. Also your questions don't seem to be intellectually honest. I don't think my statement was hard to follow?

My point of view on this subject is subjective, because it's based on my understanding and experience. I've said it twice before: you are entitled to your opinion. I have mine.

All the best,

N

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   

It's not for us to decide.

Clearly you have some kind of an example of something you saw on ATS that's bothering you. Why not just post the link?

Hi SkepticOverlord,

thread in question: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by bobbylove321
Do you really want proof?

There's no better proof than trying it out for yourself.

I'll give you a link where you can download about seven plus of these manuscripts.

WARNING: IF YOU DO GO THROUGH WITH THESE AND YOUR LIFE CHANGES IT IS YOUR FAULT. MAKE SURE YOU REALLY, REALLY, THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

Here's the link to download the manuscripts:

rapidshare .com/files / 93832386 / Finbarr. Books. 102r. zip. ht ml (without the spaces)

I'm glad that ATS gives us a platform for paranormal topics. I highly value that, but posting a link to demonic spells is just irresponsible and potentially harmful to one's psyche. It's bothering me that the OP, by his own words, is sending people into harms way. I feel that this kind of link is not appropriate on ATS. It's also a form of advertisement that is very questionable.

I have no religious motivations. I just don't want people to get burned by this. You don't give toddlers access to scissors or fire. And no, I don't belittle the ATS membership, but novices will get burned by this stuff and the scars will last a lifetime. IMHO the mods should have deleted the link!

I understand that ATS has to walk a fine line between censorship and free discussion, for my taste that OP clearly crossed the line.

SO,

thanks for hearing me out.

N

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

I understand that ATS has to walk a fine line between censorship and free discussion, for my taste that OP clearly crossed the line.

It's an arbitrary line open to personal interpretation as defined by one's cultural and/or religious upbringing. We've had similar complaints regarding discussions about Wicca, the Church of Satan, Shamanism, etc. and will be consistent in our response: it's up to the individual to choose whether or not they read the info, reply to it, or give it credence. Period.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   

It's an arbitrary line open to personal interpretation as defined by one's cultural and/or religious upbringing. We've had similar complaints regarding discussions about Wicca, the Church of Satan, Shamanism, etc. and will be consistent in our response: it's up to the individual to choose whether or not they read the info, reply to it, or give it credence. Period.

SO,

thank you for clarifying ATS's point of view.

posted on Apr, 4 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Nice new Member Polls

new topics

top topics

<< 86  87  88    90  91  92 >>

join