It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

I'll tell you what Robbie, when all is truly said and done, people seem to forget that just because someone is famous it doesn't make them less of a person.

We all have other interests in life other than our "jobs" ... at least I like to think most people do. It's only normal that we would wish to share those interests with others.

What I truly find amazing is that you can have Al Gore out there trying to introduce people to "Global Climate Change" ... but there's not a whole lot of people saying that he's abusing his "celebrity" by doing so. It doesn't matter which side of the issue you take, that IS what he is doing ...

Yet here you are, trying to introduce more people to what YOU are interested in, and you are condemned for it.

I think the unfortunate problem here is more the topic rather than the actual "agenda" and that is just to bad. People should take the time to examine what's out there for themselves AND THEN decide whether they wish to pursue it further.

I for one am very pleased that you are here and remaining passionate to what you have set out to do. If there were more such people in the world, I'm certain a lot more problems would be solved and a lot more things would be discovered.

Keep up what you're doing, you're not forcing anyone to come here who doesn't want to ... yet people seem to be acting like you are ...

[edit on 24-9-2008 by n81fdx]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Therefore...
To Chris I simply say that nobody has ever said or thought that you can be an uncomfortable member or not well welcomed, rather I think, to mine modest to seem that you are here the welcome one.I don't know the members of ATS but I can say you that me, member, has clearly thought the contrary one, I have never thought that you receive money from them...
You are not ridiculous if you have a passion and of the curiosities, personally I have always interested in these things and now that I have come here I have also inquired in the separate center and everything is very clearer, even if of clear there is always few, therefore for this I thank you and ATS.Don't try to excuse you from something of which you don't have guilt, malignant people it is the world full of it, it would be beautiful that you understood that not all are so,but this is another discourse that I cannot deepen here and I will ever succeed in surely deepening,infortunatly.
To your bike I say to keep on racing for your own road wishing me instead that the road is always right-hand and calm, hoping that one day can behave in a serene place and who knows, perhaps and I wish me him can conduct you from the people that they wait you and that they love you even if I called yourself Fthjbjdikk.

I hope that you recover soon

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chrisonabike

Hi dear,

me this site I have discovered him thanks to you
(I am sincere) I don't speak well the English and it am me difficult to read everything
for this I participate little ... but I find him/it interesting because there are interesting things.
you must be yourself and it allow to lose what people tell you

I hope that you recover soon

[edit on 24-9-2008 by angelS]

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I agree with everything WUK said. I have not been using the chat long but everytime I try I have to attempt login about 10 times because I keep getting a unknown random error.. it gets really frustrating but at the same time.. once you are in the new software is nice.. so yeah... Thanks for the chat but can we get the login fixed?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Moonlight - If anything, I think people who's mother tongue is not English, should be encouraged more to make more effort to communicate - hey, you might even learn a bit and who knows, you might end up fluent in English

Chrisonabike - dude, like your way of thinking!
Besides, those who don't agree that you should be here - they've obviously been brought up wrong, surely they would have been taught that phrase..."If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all!" (unless its constructive criticism, heh!)

That's my way of thinking anyway - so if anyone were to try and start an arguement with me - don't bother. I wouldn't retaliate anyways

Anyway - moving onto a happier topic....laters gaters
xx

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
**** LAST CHANCE ****

This isn't Chit Chat. Take it to BTS Please.

If there is an Issue with ATS, post it here, other wise please refrain from posting off topic.

The Posts Will Be Deleted and User Warned.

Thanks, have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by whatukno

Amen, wuky.

I'm not sure where this us -vs- them mentality comes from. The mods herein are, for the most part, impecible in their restraint. If anything, they are less active then they should be at times. Err on the side of restraint, I suppose. Certainly, the rest of the heirarchy of ATS are conspicuous by their absence in many cases, though I'm sure they are around in the background...backstage if you will.

I was u2u'd by another member who attacked me and called me several names, posted out and out lies quoting things I supposedly said that I had not said, anyway I complained. The member I complained about u2u'd me to tell me that a moderator--the one who closed the thread I presume after my complaint--- applauded him for the attack he made on me. I would think moderators would be required to be nuetral, but of course I found out awhile back that is not the case. Anyway just wanted to say, if you wonder why more people aren't joining in with the discussions it's because if you don't have the mindset that the majority of posters AND moderators share, you're doomed. Countless people know exactly what I mean.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
The member I complained about u2u'd me to tell me that a moderator--the one who closed the thread I presume after my complaint--- applauded him for the attack he made on me.

If that is factual and you can back that up....you must take this up with additional moderators. If factual, and the comments were clearly and distinctly an "attack"....I'm sure that would be a violation of the ethics that the owners and administrators want as "best practice".

But first make sure you're simply not characterizing another poster's comments as an "attack" because they disagreed with you....possibly in a direct, blunt manner.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
**** LAST CHANCE ****

This isn't Chit Chat. Take it to BTS Please.

If there is an Issue with ATS, post it here, other wise please refrain from posting off topic.

The Posts Will Be Deleted and User Warned.

Thanks, have a nice day.

Just a little curious, how is it off topic to post a reply to a member who, on this thread, has addressed the issue that some do not welcome him here?? As members, on the ATS issue thread, we cannot express to this member that we don't share the feelings that a limited and bitter few have expressed? I understand you are trying to avoid a fan chat party, but personally, I was merely addressing a member who brought up an issue that has been discussed, some of us (maybe just me, lol) had no idea who Robbie Williams was before he joined ATS. If that was any other member though, I highly doubt the replies would be viewed as off topic, but I could be wrong.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Because even Chrisonabike's post was, somewhat, off topic. In his case, he was responding to some of the previously posted issues that surrounded his being a member.

So, now that we've established that, let's remember that this thread is to discuss issues with ATS.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

I forwarded the u2u w/ as many details as I could to two moderators whom I was told, by another member, would look at it impartially. I noticed both of those mods were not online so I guess I just await until they log in and have time to review it. I do not think I was being overly sensitive in this case, but I had complained a couple of times during the attack from the other member, but he was able to continue it for quite some time.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 27jd

The issue was brought up and answered. No need for members to keep posting in this thread how much they like someone and how welcomed they are here.

If allowed we'd have hundreds of posts in there of people simply syaing "we like you, we want you here, etc"

It was simply time to move along.

Thats all.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

They are not true...

I am the other member and obviously mods can check my messages/u2u's and i did not attack this person.

This person posted some of the most hate-filled and disgusting things i have seen on these boards ever.
The thread in question was closed...although myself and others were continuing to have a rational discussion, Bombeni could not keep her hate filled vitriol to herself and the thread was subsequently closed.

Which is a shame because the rest of us on the thread were actually getting somewhere and begginig to understand each other points.

As i said in the thread, the motto of the site is "Deny ignorance" not allow it to flourish.

thanks, Blup.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

I simply await a review of the situation; I hope an impartial look at it will be made, to see if I did the things this member STILL says I did. I posted my moral opinions and views of the subject, and attempted for hours to get blupblup to discuss in a civil manner, to no avail.

I also hope to know if it is true that a moderator applauded him for the posts he made.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

The thread in question was temporarily closed last night and has been reopened in RATS.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

NO, the redneck posted moral views and opinions.... you posted hate-filled, abhorrent rubbish.

You could have said what he did, i find it repulsive but i respect everones right to their own choices and to live their own lives.

You did not, you posted bigoted views and made disgusting allegations and totally unfounded ones at that.

Also, stop u2u'ing me please.

I want no contact from you, thanks.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
he was responding to some of the previously posted issues that surrounded his being a member.

Right, and so was I (can't speak for others). The key words you mentioned are "previously posted issues", on the ATS issues thread. I guess now I have an issue, lol. How exactly can his post have been off topic?? Normally, I would have u2u'd the member and expressed my support, however we know that cannot be done in this case. So, how can we as members give our input on this issue?

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
We're not going to turn this into a he said / she said battle in this thread.

Please let staff review the situation, we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Moderator, admin, someone please look at this. Again, this member has is posting things in an attempt to make me look bad. He just said to stop u2uing him. I assume mods can look at our u2u's. HE is the one who u2u'd first, all I did was send civil replies to his 3 messages to ME.

posted on Sep, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Folks, for conflicts between members please use the complain feature.

This really isn't what the ATS issues thread is intended for.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join