It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 221
<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Lost but not forgotten.

I am posting this as a courtesy to Skeptic Overlord.

I spent many pages and much of your time accusing this site of something that may well have been a problem with my browser.

SO, you went beyond what would have been expected in order to alleviate my concerns and I would like to both say I am sorry for wasting so much of your time and at the same time to apologize for my insistence on lying the blame on ATS.

Peace, IA

posted on Apr, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by kinda kurious

Maybe try the ATS Suggestions/Complaints feature.

Back at ya. Just sayin.'

posted on Apr, 6 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Fair enough, i might try using that as well.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

From the forum header:

This forum is dedicated to general conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and government scandals that may not fit into other topical forums on ATS. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of AboveTopSecret.com's tradition of focusing on conspiracy theory, cover-ups, and scandals.
* bold emphasis of theories mine

General is a sort of catch-all for ATS-related conspiracy theories which may not fall directly under a given topical forum. Theories wouldn't necessarily seem to require links and/or sources as they are typically based in part on mere conjecture and supposition ... that is, until proven or demonstrated otherwise.

[edit on 7-4-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

Thank you for your reply regarding my query whether proof or sources have to be provided or not to create thread in General Conspiracy section. Your answer is clear and sufficient, if I am clearly interpreting it, its not necessary to provide proof/ source for threads in Conspiracy section as long as there is a conspiracy angle to it. Glad to have cleared that up.

posted on Apr, 7 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by December_Rain

Just bear in mind, it's not cut and dried. There are no absolutes on something where judgment calls need to be made. If a thread is highly speculative, it'll likely get moved to Skunk Works. Staff will make the decision where appropriate, and act accordingly based upon on our opinion about where it has the best fit.

posted on Apr, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
If I make a change to my member bar and/or avatar right now, would this change survive the switch to the new ATS lay out ?

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   

With regards to this thread I am posting my reply here as it was closed.

I also didn't see an ad before the preview video - but perhaps I was first off the mark and they hadn't implemented it yet.

Were I to see ads before the videos of the type which annoyed me I'd not view them here - I'd view them (or something similar) elsewhere. It's an aggressive game but those who can adapt to their audiences tolerances will be the winner of that target market.

Imagine ATS promoted one particular side at an election - how many folk would stick around? The management here are only looking for a decent buck and know the limits (although it did look like a lot of adverts of that preview clip).

I don't mind a 30 second video ad, because I'll just mute it and open one of the 7 windows, each with at least 4 tabs, to satisfy me in the meanwhile - I'd suggest doing the same.

Now the real problem with new the site is that I hacked into the beta of it and it actually has an alternating hertz rate background image which is tied into the CIA's subliminal programming RSS updater which means we'll all be getting programmed by the NWO lizard kings of the Indigo dimensional time travelling spirits - but Shhhh, and don't pass it on.

-m0r

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
My issues is that ATS killed my thread because it was about them.

I guess we are free to discuss whatever we want as long as it is not against ATS.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They will just bury it here at page 225 so no one reads it.

Are you serious?

You closed the thread because it belongs here?

225 pages of different topics is where I should discuss this issue.

Well that does it for me.

I am done with ATS as you do have censorship and you just proved it.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

This thread is reguarly checked by moderators.

Trust me if you post something here then the chances are very good that a MOD will reply fairly soon.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whattheh
I am done with ATS as you do have censorship and you just proved it.

Ummm cesnorship would have been removing your thread from the board completely. Not just closing and re-directing to this thread where you question may be asked and most likely answered.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Warning: Mod Praise Post. ( Put defibrillators on Stand-by.)

In the spirit of:
When I do something right nobody remembers,
When I do something wrong nobody forgets.

As many will agree, I am often cantankerous so this may come as a surprise, but I recently took issue with a thread closure (not mine and not posted here)and complained to Mods. (It related to 2 threads with same topics being allowed to remain open if one was "breaking" and the other in "general" category.)

The Mods asked for references which I provided. The thread closure was rescinded and quickly reopened. Their treatment, logic and manners were above reproach. I just wanted to publically offer thanks and point out that for each single "issue" we might have, there are probably hundreds of others. The mods are unceremoniously working behind the scenes 24/7 to maintain the high standards on this site.

Granted, I've been busted in the ATS speed trap on numerous occasions ( Man Skeptic Overlord is good with a radar gun) but I commend the overall diligence of those who make ATS the best alternatve site on the web.

Thanks - A - Million. Without Wax....kk

[edit on 9-4-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
In regards to the advertising within the advertising thread that was closed.

It would be good to put the thinking cap on for this one.
There are people associated with the revenue generated from this both up and downstream.
Individuals and families are supported by this industry, it provides.
There are production houses involved in ad creation, buyers, marketers, analysts, products, services, and all the expeditures associated.
Then factor in the the families and individuals spending their earnings within the market itself.
Until utopia is a reality and free energy and needs are met simply by a request, there will be occupations and opportunities created and participated in and such, like these.
There's always the option of conversion to a pay site yet I'm sure the din of the complaints would become a conspiracy of first ammendment suppression in and of itself.
It's the interaction and intelligence on the backend that's the payload here, the ads and revenue generated simply provide access to the conduit.

As large as this site is, coupled with its expansion, I'm sure it will provide opportunities for members to ply their wares as well.

Also I believe bandwidth and usage is the reason for this thread as a complaint box as well.

I just dont understand the anger and upset over a promo?
Although I will say this, I hope the new site is not so heavy and full that speed and access suffer, I'm not hardwired most of the time.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This may be something addressed by the new layout for 2010, but just in case, I add this here. I find it irritating to have to wait for the whole page to up-date after giving someone a star, or when giving the OP a flag. It seems the whole page has to re-load, which takes time -- sometimes not so much, other times an aggravating lot.

The cbc website has an agree/disagree thing where you can indicate whether you agree or disagree with comments that people have made on stories. The only bit that changes is the result of your click. It is instantaneous. The whole page does not have to reload. I hope you can incorporate this into the new layout.
thanks

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by whattheh

About the ad before the website update video:

As I understand it, that's built into the video hosting system: an ad will always run before a video, no matter what the video is. They don't sell the spots individually.

I believe this only happens for the first time or two that you watch an ATSMedia video in one session.

I did get an ad (for some upcoming movie) and I have to admit it threw me off balance at first. Then I realized it was probably the first time I've watched a video hosted at ATSMedia for a month or so, and figured that's why I was seeing it. (and probably why some responses in your thread didn't know what you were talking about -- it wasn't the first video they watched in that session so they didn't see the ad on it).

I imagine it would have taken a bit of extra coding to somehow "exempt" this one video from their general ad setup, and I really don't see the point to that.

posted on Apr, 9 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

That's correct, we can't isolate one video to be ad free. The network that supplies us the video player sells the ads to pay for the player and the bandwidth costs of our Content Delivery Network. They don't sell them based on any particular video, it's all about the number of views across the entirety of all the videos.

Springer...

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Quick Question:

I would like to post a couple of threads about new Military Vehicles (all of which equipped with armor and weaponry) which forum should I post them in? The Weaponry forum, or Govt. & Military Projects?

&GL9

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by groomlake9

I believe the weaponry forum would be the most suitable forum for that.

posted on Apr, 13 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Explanation: ATS is not letting me post via the Breaking Alternative news forum and I was just wondering why this is so???

Personal Disclosure: Its very annoying and has happened once before!

Please help me
Your my only hope!

top topics

<< 218  219  220    222  223  224 >>

join