It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 219
<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

You nailed it defcon5, that is exactly the problem. It's only going to get worse for those in developing countries or countries who haven't sorted out a reasonable way to charge for bandwidth, or worse yet, don't have the infrastructure in place to deliver it.

The vast majority of the users on the web are rapidly getting broadband connections and the publishers are rapidly employing new media that takes advantage of that bigger, faster pipe.

Springer...

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Umm but I don't have low bandwidth and the speed I have it supersonic league of superheroes fast.

EDIT to add, it seems fixed anyway....

[edit on 27-3-2010 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Mar, 27 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Must it always come down to pipe size?

Aaaaanyhoot ... speaking of size, and since SO was kind enough to humor mah previous request, I will now tempt fate and beg for another.

Perhaps for those of us who have a penchant for OCD and are prone to several apres-post edits for spelling and the such, could you perhaps code it so that the edit text is size 1 or smaller. The present equal sized edit tags have a judgmental scarlet lettering attitude to them that without doubt mocks me!

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Hello Admins,
What is ATS policy on sharing sensitive information? Is identity kept secured and is there any assurance of privacy and security?
Regards,
D_R

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by December_Rain
Hello Admins,
What is ATS policy on sharing sensitive information? Is identity kept secured and is there any assurance of privacy and security?
Regards,
D_R

Feel free to contact staff using the ATS Complaint / Suggestion form We can address any of your concerns this way.

[edit on March 28th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Mar, 28 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Thank you I have submitted my query there.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I rarely complain here. But I must voice my protest for this thread being moved to BTS.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It was mere minutes old, breaking and current. It was summarily moved without explanation. It is a topic of keen interest to me and important.

I call FOUL! I am not insinuating any specific motivation other than an oversight.

Regards..kk

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I to have to voice my unhappiness at the move . It was posted in Breaking news and I would like to see it returned to the proper forum . you can view the thread here www.belowtopsecret.com...

Thank you

[edit on 30-3-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
At the risk of revealing my CRS syndrome ...

What are these and have they always been there?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/da2b250eff31.png[/atsimg]

They show up at the top of the post box when one does a post edit. This one is from BTS but I'm assuming same thing happens on ATS.

I tried to click on the siren thingie during an edit to see what happens and nothing did.

So what's the dealio?

Mod Edit -

[edit on 31-3-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
well that didn't work.

[edit on 31-3-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

lol, did you try to use 'em?

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

yeah, they used to work, many moons ago.

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Mmm, so they've gone the way of my charm.

Thanks for trying.

Also spelling ability.

[edit on 31 Mar 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I rarely complain here. But I must voice my protest for this thread being moved to BTS.

www.belowtopsecret.com...

It was mere minutes old, breaking and current. It was summarily moved without explanation. It is a topic of keen interest to me and important.

I call FOUL! I am not insinuating any specific motivation other than an oversight.

Regards..kk

So over 12 hours later, no response yet the urgent matter of smiley faces
above yields a 3 minute reply. Just sayin'.

(No offense S. Dog, I know you got connections.)

[edit on 31-3-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Thank you for your support in this matter with my thread it's much appreciated . I agree with your assessment of my thread and am equally disappointed at its move .

I do respect the mod's but I respectfully disagree with there decision to move the thread . I feel that it met every standard required for the Breaking news Forum .

posted on Mar, 31 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   

From the top of every page in this forum

This is not a place to post complaints.

If you post it here and even take the extra step of calling it a complaint in the post, it probably doesn't have the best chance of being addressed. This is not a complaint. Just sayin'.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hi Mods,
I registered approx 30 mins ago with correct email, but I have not yet recieved my password.
Should I wait longer, or could there be a problem.
I have checked my email address on the ATS Members section and I have got it correct.
Thanks for your help.

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Billy Meier Jr

Do youhave Spam control on your mail? Perhaps the registration mail landed in the Junk Mail?

posted on Apr, 1 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Hi Gemwolf

No, I don't have any junk mail filters, and there is nothing in my junk mail.

Thanks

top topics

<< 216  217  218    220  221  222 >>

join