It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 182
<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Please check out my recent post on the thread titled,
'Disappointed with ATS'
It's relevant to this and that discussion and is important.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

The unavoidable problem with any negative Star and Flagging system is that forum gangs would always flag and down certain topics no matter the quality or research time put in by the threads authors . This was the case when the Star System was first brought in and before the system took its final state .

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I don't know if somehow stars reflect anything more than a "good post" sentiment. Thats how I use it. I thought stars were kinda independant to the individual posts that were starred. Do stars somehow accumulate and add points or prestige?

I see them and thought they were just a form of rating a post, being so there should equally be a negative rate, say a thumbs down.

I see your point in regards to abuse, but its no less possible now with stars. I just think it helps put a better context on some posts if you could see 41 thumbs down along with the 95 stars it has. Or vice versa.

I'm not implying that a thumbs down would reflect on a persons character any more than a star does. But I see how someone might.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThaLoccster
I don't know if somehow stars reflect anything more than a "good post" sentiment. Thats how I use it. I thought stars were kinda independant to the individual posts that were starred. Do stars somehow accumulate and add points or prestige?

Well myself I give consideration to the quality of the post rather then the fact if I am in agreement with the poster . Clearly this isnt always the case as the number of stars a thread gets reflects more the biases towards anti establishment drivel then anything else .

I see them and thought they were just a form of rating a post, being so there should equally be a negative rate, say a thumbs down.

I hear ya I really do . Look the best way to achieve what you are after is to simply ignore a thread or post and not waste your valuable time on either .

I see your point in regards to abuse, but its no less possible now with stars. I just think it helps put a better context on some posts if you could see 41 thumbs down along with the 95 stars it has. Or vice versa.

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have noticed that when you star a post, or use the "this post" url it does not take you back to the post anymore, it takes you to the top of the page. Is this just my browser or is this happening to anyone else as well? Thanks in advance~

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

I just starred a good post in another thread, and I also tried using the "this post" button. Both times I was taken right back to the actual post, and not the top of the page.

I have no idea why this doesn't happen to you, but then again, I'm a techno idiot...

(Edit because I can't spell either.)

[edit on 23/10/09 by ziggystar60]

posted on Oct, 23 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

For some time I had that problem with the stars, but it disappeared.

The problem with the "this post" link, as far as I remember, only happens in the first page of the threads.

I will do some checking.

Edit: the "this post" link also works on the first page, it does not work when we choose to see all posts in from some member, by clicking the "thread" button below the post, and I suppose that happens because the "this link" URL also has information about the thread page, and when we are seeing only that member's posts on that thread the pages are different from the normal thread view.

[edit on 23/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Will someone other than myself post about the fact that yesterday, Monday the 26th Oct... the US Senate passed a health care bill that included the controversal 'Public Option'

the bill goes to the next step of review (OMB & committees) before being ammended or passed to House vote.

///|||\\\

posted on Oct, 27 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Argh, I "ignored" someone by accident and because it's the first time I've ever done it I have no idea how to "un-ignore" 'em.

I went to "member tools" > "manage ignores" but I can't seem to find a button to take them off.

Now I'm feeling all guilty and junk ...

HELP!

Edit: Never mind I found it, the "delete" text was gray on gray and I couldn't see it.

[edit on 27 Oct 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I was wondering what the purpose of the conspiracies in religion board. The threads there seem like just anti, pro, troll religion themed rants and really have nothing to do about conspiracy.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Hey guys, I have noticed that when you star a post, or use the "this post" url it does not take you back to the post anymore, it takes you to the top of the page. Is this just my browser or is this happening to anyone else as well? Thanks in advance~

This happens to me as well.
It has been occurring for a couple of months.
Make's it a pain to star individual post in a thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
I was wondering what the purpose of the conspiracies in religion board. The threads there seem like just anti, pro, troll religion themed rants and really have nothing to do about conspiracy.

Mostly, you're right.
But it does keep those threads from cluttering up the rest of the forum...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Okay, I do not know why but my color code is not working. I have been having this issue for sometime now.

I am not using any " or ' and am using the following format (for silver in example)

[color=silver] text

I also tried capitalising the color (never had to before) and that did not work. So anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08
Okay, I do not know why but my color code is not working. I have been having this issue for sometime now.

I am not using any " or ' and am using the following format (for silver in example)

[color=silver] text

I also tried capitalising the color (never had to before) and that did not work. So anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance...

seems to be working for me The color names are capitalized:

WHITE
BLACK
RED
YELLOW
PINK

So [ color=Color choice]text (take space out after first bracket)

Also, I just used the color picker next to font size.

[edit on October 29th 2009 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:34 PM
link   
ROFLAMO...Okay, [color=silver]false alarm, I DID have an apostrophe in there, didn't catch it (I wish that issue could be resolved, but oh well). Sorry for wasting everyone's time.

[edit on 10/29/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Test

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Testing...

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Guys I just tested this (sent myself a u2u) and it works for me regardless of whether the color word is capatalized. Works both ways.

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyinwaiting
reply to post by Springer

Guys I just tested this (sent myself a u2u) and it works for me regardless of whether the color word is capitalised. Works both ways.

Great! I only said capitalized because when you choose the option from the menu, it capitalizes it. obviously, not necessary

Thanks!

posted on Oct, 29 2009 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Again, sorry guys...My fault, I did not notice the one apostrophe I had in the text.

Sorry for the false alarm.....

(Reposted cause more people responded to my post, just want to make it clear it was my fault, no other issue.
)

top topics

<< 179  180  181    183  184  185 >>

join