It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 183
<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Ok what is with the side bar re-direct to the ATS news. Why is that there? I have more than one time lost what I was typing because I accidentally hit the side bar and was then sent to ATS news videos. I know I am not the only one this has happened to. I have lost a thread I was starting and various posts...and after that I didnt feel like re-typing it. Why dont you have it where it doesnt delete it when you get re-directed...

edit for making my gripe a little less harsh

[edit on 10/30/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Help! My little greys are cut off in my background pic. It didnt look like that before I had the pumpkin girl as my avy. I just deleted the avy image under settings and well its cutting off the bottom half of my background. How do I fix it?!

thanks

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
You need a clear avatar image to 'push' your background down. Like my profile to the left. I have a background image and a clear GIF avatar that 'pushes' the text down so my profile text isn't covering my angel. lol

If this helps, you're more than welcome to use my clear avatar. It's all the same lol. Here is the link:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I think you just have to make bigger posts now, that way that area will be higher and the greys will appear (I think).

They do appear with longer posts, like the one on the top of the page.

[edit on 2/11/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Hiya,

Yep you need a blank avatar to see the little guys again lol.

You can try this one link or this one link I think the second link will look better (though not sure lol) just cut the avatar code and paste it in the avatar box in your account settings.

If it still doesnt work, then just let me know and I will make another blank avatar to fit.

Hope this helps,

JQ.

------------------------------------------

Also whilst Im here, I too want to complain about the ATS news link at the side, its got me twice now as I tried to scroll down. Its really annoying..

Helping and complaining in one post.. lol. only on ATS.

Laters.

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Thanks AshleyD. I believe that is what I had last time when I originally got the background. I till try that

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by John Q

Yup the second link worked great! Thanks JohnQ...I had to see my little grey guys you made! They go with the dream!! lol

posted on Nov, 3 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
i Have noticed that a lot of members have been attacking each other and tempers flaring.

We need to try to keep things on a civil level. Who agrees?

Please read from the Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful, intolerant, bigoted and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
[SNIP]

Mod Edit: Thank you for your contribution, but it's a bit off-topic. Check out your U2Us.

[edit on 4-11-2009 by Gemwolf]

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
So.... can Johnny start interviewing important people again?

Pleeeeeeeeease?

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorDisaster

We're getting there... Patience Padawan, we've only just begun.

Springer...

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Hehe, how did I know that? Must be psychic or something

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I have more than one time lost what I was typing because I accidentally hit the side bar and was then sent to ATS news videos. I know I am not the only one this has happened to. I have lost a thread I was starting and various posts...and after that I didnt feel like re-typing it. Why dont you have it where it doesnt delete it when you get re-directed...

I'm not sure ATS can do anything about the problem of losing a post when you accidentally navigate away from it. (It is infuriating - I remember it well.) There is a solution, though. Use a Mac. You just navigate back & hey, presto, it's still there!

Perhaps expensive just to solve the issue, but worth considering when it comes to replacing a curent setup.

The cheapest way is to get a second-hand machine, or go for a Mac mini. Alternatively, if you've got kids or work in education, go to the Apple store in your country & check out the discounts available via the 'Education Store', linked from the left of the homepage.

You'll never regret it.

[edit on 5/11/09 by pause4thought]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

Why thanks but I already have an Apple
This is the only site where when I navigate to another area I lose what was typed. I have tried everything and the only way I figured out not to lose it is to hit preview and it stays, except for what I typed after I previewed it.

Glad to see another Mac lover
I will never own a Windows based computer again. I had to use my friends for a bit and it drove me nuts!

I have a powerbook g4 17in laptop and I LOVE IT. The only thing I regret is letting a friend borrow it and she dropped it on tile
its a little sick but Mac will pull through
I have never regretted paying the 3000 American dollars I paid for it...best investment for me by far.

[edit on 11/5/2009 by mblahnikluver]

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pause4thought

There's a much cheaper (it's free) way, use Opera.

I just have to navigate back (either by using the back button, the keyboard or mouse gestures, my favourite way) and everything is as it was when I left that page.

That's how I made a double post once.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 05:57 PM
link   

*tips hat*

Oh my! I wasn't expecting that.
:

I've never lost anything while using a Mac on ATS. Might be worth a post in a Mac forum, methinks.

'Turns out you're even more of an enthusiast than I am. And more generous.

$3000 Mac-bouncing attempt & you still call them a friend? Respect.

(You might just be needing the purchasing advice after all.)

PS Quick query for SO: any chance of the stats for the months since July? (It looks like ATS is climbing the quantcast ratings very nicely.)

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Great tip. I'll remember that.

I think we could get people to cough up a lot more such advice.

Here's the thread.

(Hope you don't mind me quoting you.)

PS - Have you perhaps got an older version of OSX? (I've been using 10.4.)

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Ok what is with the side bar re-direct to the ATS news. Why is that there?

All matters of operating system and browser aside, I'd like to add my voice to the original question. I've been redirected to the ATSNews video twice today when I was aiming for the scroll bar. Maybe it's unfair to ask web designers to take klutzes like me into account when designing their pages, but it is very annoying to suddenly find yourself listening to a video with no idea how you got there.

posted on Nov, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

If you watch the cursor it turns into a little hand (in most OSes). That means you've scrolled over a clickable link. Knowing that the sidebars are a clickable link (like any banner ad) it's just a matter of paying attention to where your cursor is before clicking the mouse.

This is no different than when you load a page with Google (or any other network's ads) ads on the right or left, if you click when your cursor is "on" the ad you will got to the page the banner directs to.

We need these clickable side bars to drive traffic to the ATSnews Videos and they work.

Hope that helps.

Springer...

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Springer]

new topics

top topics

<< 180  181  182    184  185  186 >>

join