It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ATS Issues Thread

page: 179
<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by network dude

but if you want to jump to the complete page with your last post then you are really talking about something new and that would be useful, but I think it would be a little hard to make.

That is what I mean exactly. It would seem if you can see only your posts, then you could have an option to go to that spot in the thread. It should be easy. (said the guy who knows nothing of programing)

BTW, Congratulations on your modship. You are one who I thought should have been a mod years ago. I just hope you don't get too busy to help us out with spotting hoaxes and the like.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

I never heard about any limitation, and I just saw a new member (less than 3 months) that has almost 300 posts (283, I think it was), so I think that there really is no limitation like that.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

No, that's incorrect.

There is NO limit on the number posts anyone can make.

Springer...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Thank you.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
What am I doing wrong?

Every time I sign out...it's not just one or two pages. It's page after page after page of showing "log out". I log out, close the page, then there is another page with the "log-out" option.................log out, and repeat.

I know it's something I'm doing. But what?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

Never heard of that one before.

You may want to run a virus scan on your system. That sounds like a very weird bug...

Springer...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Could it be browser-related?

What browser do you use?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hi, thanks!
Internet Explorer. I don't think I have a virus. I run the little scanners all the time. I move about within the threads, and they seem to stay open once I leave one, so they are layered?

I don't know what I'm doing. Just that it takes forever to log out.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I just tried it, from all the places I could think about (from inside a thread, from "myATS", from the "board home" and from the "home" page), and I didn't got anything strange, it just sent me to the "home" page, logged out.

Where did you log-out from? Any specific page or from different pages?

And what is the page that appears, is it the "home" page?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I log out from anywhere....no, it doesn't seem to take me back to the home page. Just gives me another page that I've visited, indicating I'm still logged in.

Should I go to the home page to log out? Then that would log me out of all pages?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Your internet explorer might be set to save that password, or the login. So that when you log out and the page refreshes, you get logged back in immediatly.

I would suggest just clearing our your cookies and your temporary internet files, that should solve the problem.

~Keeper

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

From what I have seen, regardless of the page where we do the logout, we are always sent to the home page after we are logged out, so I guess you could try logging out from there.

You could also try to clear your browser cache (it doesn't hurt) and clear the cookies.

Edit: I was too slow, tothetenthpower had already posted the same suggestions.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by ArMaP]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
arMaP and tothetenthpower thank you both. I will try your suggestions.
Those never occurred to me.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Hi guys, I wanted to check back in and let you know that returning (manually) to the home page and then logging out seems to have solved my (lazy) problem. Duh. Never crossed my mind.

Thanks again.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Well, it should work the same regardless from the page where you logout.

Glad everything works now.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Oh yeah, something is definitely haywire with my browser, I think.
But, I can survive! All for the love of ats.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
Hello ATS, I hope I got the right forum for this, I kind of expected to see threads running about it though,

I simply would like to know why someone moved my thread "The Meteor Shower That Wasn't A Meteor Shower" from the Aliens & UFOs forum to the Fragile Earth forum?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let me explain it to you. It's a thread about a Youtube video that purportedly shows a meteor shower, but when you look at the video a little closer it turns out that the 'meteors' are in fact small spheric balls that fly above the rooftops, and no meteors.

That classifies it - to me - as a thread about Unidentified Flying Objects. That's the whole point of the thread, the meteors are not meteors!

So why put it in the "Fragile Earth" forum?

It's kind of like if a UFO video has a dog in it, you move it to the "Pets & Animals" forum (I know there's no such forum, but you get the point?)

I wouldn't make a big deal about it, in fact I'm not, but I recently had another thread that was clearly about a UFO incident and nothing else moved to the Conspiracy forum, where it stayed for about a week, before it was moved back to the Aliens & UFOs forum!

Me thinks maybe one of the moderators is a bit overzealous in his housekeeping... no?

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Heliocentric

Seems like a reasonable argument. I moved it back to Aliens & UFOs.

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Hey guys ...

Can someone explain to us the idea of the new "Political Madness Forum" please?

I'm a little confused as to why it is located in the "Conspiracy Theory Discussion Forums" group and not the "Above Politics Political Forums" group. Also is it merely for staff to move threads into or are we to evaluate our own madness and post accordingly?

A thread was started to discuss but we have yet to hear any details.

Thanks.

[edit on 12 Oct 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Oct, 12 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Bill just might be typing it up this very moment...

but he's probably waiting for the valium to kick in before posting it to make it easier to deal with the backlash.

------------------------------------------------

He's resting now...

[edit on 12-10-2009 by lernmore]

top topics

<< 176  177  178    180  181  182 >>

join