It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flyers vs. Penguins YEAH!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
So the Flyers will be going toe to toe with the Penguins in the 3rd round.

Flyers vs. Penguins. Of course the Flyers are going to win!

How do I know this you ask? Hmmmmmmm............ Well I was doin' some thinkin' and stuff. Yep.

Penguins. Hah! Penguins think they're so cool. Waddlin' around, slidin' on their bellies, eatin' fish, wearin' tuxedoes and stuff.
I hate penguins.
Penguins can't even fly and stuff. Hah! Stupid penguins.
Like those penguins are so whipped that the male penguin sits on those stupid penguin eggs and stuff. If I ever see a stupid penguin waddlin' around, I'm gonna like slapshoot his feathery butt with my hockey stick and stuff.

Stupid Penguins. Only an elevator man could like such a team.

All kidding aside. This has the potential to be a very good series. I can't wait until Friday!!!!!!!

[edit on 5-5-2008 by lombozo]

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The battle of Pennsylvania. A good series to be sure, but to think that the Flyers are going to win is naive. The only chance they got is too play dirty, which is one thing they do very well.

In the end, it's gonna be a fight to the finish, with Pittsburgh taking the series in 6

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kronik98

Dirty hockey, eh? I must admit that the 'tough guy' mentality does prevail here in Philly. However, it does go both ways. Lot's of dirty hockey all around the league.

Biron is on fire right now. The team is playing as a team. I'm enjoying being able to still be screaming Let's go Flyers in May.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
All I know is that if Crosby really is the next 'Great One' now is the time to prove it.

Philly has proven to be a very resilient group but I think the Pens just have what it takes to get to the finals this season but in the end it doesn't matter because (even though it pains me to say it) no one will beat Detroit

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Funny, I typically couldn't care less about the Flyers or the Penguins. Yeah, I like NHL hockey but, to tell the truth, except for the Canadiens, Rangers or the Bruins, the "East" never captured my attention. One thing is for certain, neither the Flyers or the Penguins have really evoked any positive vibes from me.

Of course, if I did have to pick a team to root for between these two teams, I would suppose that I'd have to choose the Penguins. I think that it would be quite interesting to watch Sidney Crosby attempt to live up to the hype as "The Next One".

By the way.....it does not pain me in the least to say it either......NO ONE WILL BEAT THE DETROIT RED WINGS.....

Detroit Red Wings Rule!

[edit on 5/7/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:05 PM
link   
You know, I like Crosby and all, but I've always liked Malkin for some reason since seeing him play back in some of the WHC tournaments. This seems to be his year to prove what he can do and he's doing pretty good. I'm looking for him to be the big star of the series.

It's kinda weird cheering for a team thats not the Leafs, but I consider Pittsburgh neutral so its cool.

As for Detroit winning the cup, get by Dallas first(good luck with that)

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I don't want to hi-jack or, for that matter, belittle the thread of a fellow member and an esteemed colleague. It is certainly his prerogative to discuss the merits of an relatively inconsequential match up between two NHL Eastern teams. If he wishes to dwell upon a series that is destined to be a Trivial Pursuit question so be it. As long as everyone knows the answer to the Trivial Pursuit question that asks: " Who are the 2007-08 Stanley Cup Champs?

Of course, the answer is

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98

As for Detroit winning the cup, get by Dallas first(good luck with that)

Dallas vs Detroit .... Game One ..... Detroit 4 Dallas 1

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by benevolent tyrant

Don't want to hijack the thread Red Wings Boy, Eh?
Isn't that what Atta said?

Tonight is the night a REAL series starts. Unfortunately the Flyers best defenseman is out for the series with a blood clot. Hopefully he'll be ok in the long run.
That being said - Flyers in 7.
Then we'll take on the winner of the YAWN series. Mmmmmm........... I love pizza!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

Unfortunately the Flyers best defenseman is out for the series with a blood clot. Hopefully he'll be ok in the long run.

Well at least the Flyers have their EXCUSE all prepared and ready to roll out when the Flyers start their nosedive into hockey oblivion -- at least for this season.

This is the year of the DETROIT RED WINGS!!!

Pizza tastes better when A FLYERS FAN PAYS FOR IT!!!

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I hear you talkin' Cottage man............
FLYERS!
In fact I'm listening to the Rocky theme song I'm so pumped up! Yeah!

Being the good sport I am, I'll eat my pizza on webcam so you can enjoy the experience with me.

Stinkin' Red Wings.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Oh Oh ? What happened? The Flyers LOST game 1? For shame for shame. I hope that you arent' upset my friend ( :w: ) Oh well, it still is early in the Eastern Conference series and I'm sure that the Flyers will win the next one ( :shk: )

....lets see...I like extra cheese, pepperoni, gotta have bacon (crispy), oh and I love mushrooms. ..............well, I'll give you my order later.

On to Game 2!!!!!

[edit on 5/10/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

[edit on 5/10/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   

This will be a drive bye post.

That cracked me up.

If he wishes to dwell upon a series that is destined to be a Trivial Pursuit question so be it.

That is classic.

Sorry Lom, I got some residual hate going on. After seeing that Malkin goal, WOW. Take that Biron you

GO Pens.... ah what ever. Bring on the Euro's.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Flyers vs Penguins....Game 2: It does't look good for the Flyers ( :shk: ). No siree, it doesn't look good for the Philadelphia Flyers at all. Of course, being down by two games in a seven game series doesn't mean that it's all over and time to hang up the skates for another year. This is not an insurmountable deficit by any means. The Flyers could still pull it off!

please note that I'm just saying all of the above to make lombozo feel better. To start with, it must suck to be a Flyers Fan. Being a Red Wing Fan, I couldn't imagine the overwhelming sense of inadequacy a Flyer Fan must feel. Nevertheless, I have to give Philadelphia's fans credit....it's not easy maintaining such a grand delusion for so long.....Oh well, back to a post meant to lessen the sense of disappointment Lombozo must be used to by now.

Yes indeed. The Flyers can most definitely still pull the rabbit out of the hat. They are, after all, heading back to play the next two games on home turf and surely with the backing of their loyal fans, the Flyers will most likely turn their game up a notch or two. Yep.....no doubt ( :shk: ), the Flyers will be tying up this series (
)....Go Flyers.... Rah!!!!

[edit on 5/12/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
As a typical Philly fan - and everyone knows how rational Philadelphia fans are....... I mean come on, just because we threw snowballs at Santa Claus during halftime at an Eagles game, and booed the kids who got the least Easter Eggs during the intermission of a Phillies game doesn't mean anything. We are gettin' a bad rap and stuff..............
In trying to be the good sports that we are, we are simply trying to make those stinkin' penguins feel like they have a chance. We, um........ uh, we.... um....... pretended to lose! YEAH! That's it! Trying to make it APPEAR like they can win............ Now we're gonna play for real! Yeah!

Man.......... it is SO hard being a Philly fan.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by lombozo

In trying to be the good sports that we are, we are simply trying to make those stinkin' penguins feel like they have a chance. We, um........ uh, we.... um....... pretended to lose! YEAH! That's it! Trying to make it APPEAR like they can win............ Now we're gonna play for real! Yeah!

Tell me the truth lombozo....you are George W's military strategist aren't you? That was absolutely brilliant...

make the other team let down their guard by "letting them win"!!!

(the Penguins or, for that matter, the Wings don't stand a chance....I am in awe).

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant

Tell me the truth lombozo....you are George W's military strategist aren't you? That was absolutely brilliant...

make the other team let down their guard by "letting them win"!!!

(the Penguins or, for that matter, the Wings don't stand a chance....I am in awe).

Yep! I am not only the strategist, I happen to be his speech writer as well. Yep, I penned those immortal words spoken by President GWB:

"Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice and you can't get fooled again."

"Insurance costs stop gynocologists from sharing their love of women."

"Daddy, if you don't make Jeb recount those votes in Florida, I'm gonna hold my breath until I die."

"Momma, why do you tell people that I'm 'special'?"

"Hey Chaney, why don't you take Crosby out hunting, ok?"

Stinkin' penguins.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Uh Oh Flyers, down 2 already? Not an insurmountable lead, but c'mon, Pittsburgh has too many offensive weapons, a goalie who's finally showing the talent he seemed to have lost all those years ago(when he shot the puck off his own player and cost Canada the gold for all those who wonder to what I refer. Fleury's never been the same goalie since that happened) and the defense has looked pretty solid too. All I see from the Flyers is mounting frustation that they're not that good. Darn fine hockey to watch though. Game 3 tomorrow.

It appears I greatly overestimated the Dallas Stars, but again, it's not over. I will concede however that I would very much like to see a Detroit-Pittsburgh final. Game 3 tonight, let's see how Dallas responds.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by Kronik98]

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronik98
I would very much like to see a Detroit-Pittsburgh final.

Me too! I bet you could have never guessed that though.

I don't think that anyone overestimated Dallas. Dallas is an excellent team. The problem lies with underestimating Detroit !. Detroit has been such a "finesse" team marked by unparalleled passing and a reluctance to "throw down the gloves"that many have come to believe that that wings are "paper tigers". Of course, it comes to many as a surprise when they discover that Detroit is anything but. The misconception that Detroit lacks "grit" and that they can simply be "run over" has been quickly dispelled. Just look at the Nashville, the Colorado and, now, the Dallas series. Deroit has been a dominating physical presence.

[edit on 5/12/2008 by benevolent tyrant]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join