It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Project Camelot's NEW 4hr long interview with John Lear

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Well, Zorgon....I'd very much like to do the Simulator thing.

Who's going to pay for it, though?

I postulated four ATS members....plus myself, and the Simulator operator.

That's six people, and the B767 Simulator has room....the two pilot seats, the seat for the Sim operator, there's another seat, and room for two to stand and observe.

I'd want each ATS member to not feel rushed...a typical Sim session lasts two hours....that's when we train, in Airline operations....that's two hours per pilot, with a break in the middle....

BUT, given the astronomical cost of a Simulator ($3000/per hour) I think two hours is enough....

I think United has one of the most extensive training centers in the USA...and it's pretty central, in Denver. American has their training center in Dallas, but their fleet consists of 300 MD-80s....yes, they have B757 and B767....but United has more...and no MD-80s!!!!

I've been to the UAL training center....it's very large, and probably has more Sims sitting idle than any other Legacy carrier out there. (hint----they might be hungry for the money....) Heck, they started to charge for checking a second bag!!!! And oil is at $120......they might bargain....!!

I think UAL also has cameras equipped in some of their Sims, but not sure about that....it can be used, in regular airline training, as de-briefing tool. AND, it is erased immediately, only to be seen by the students and the instructor. But, for ATS, it could be saved and posted....

To make it real, we should treat all four 'contestants' the same, as the hijackers probably were, when they bought Sim time....

Before getting into the actual Sim, there is a briefing....usually about 90 minutes, with pictures of the instrument panel and the center console and the overhead panels, to familiarize the students with the cockpit arrangement.

The briefing will also discuss the 'lesson plan'.....which will be to hit a building, in a Simulator, to re-create 9/11 for everyone's satisfaction.

The 'briefing' will not be video-taped.

I would assume that the participants would at least have some basic flying skills....maybe 200-300 hours, as the Hi-Jackers did. So they would have knowledge of stick-and-rudder flying....(hint....we don't need the rudder much in a modern jet, except druing take-off or landing....especially in a cross-wind.....the yaw damper takes care of the rest, in flight....)

Most early Simulators were 'night' only....so we'd want to use one with the newer, more sophisticated 'Day' visuals....we could program the morning to approximate 11 Sept 2001.....

It occurs to me, that the databases of modern simulators may not have the WTC Towers anymore.....that could pose a problem.....

We will see....I also don't like John Lear's wish to 'freeze' at 20 miles out, and 7000 feet, before releasing the Sim from freeze....I'd like the participants to have a chance to fly around a bit, to get a 'feel'....since the Hi-Jackers certainly did.

Final point: --- the motion, on the Sim, might be off....because, as I said, when the computer senses a 'crash', the Sim freezes. I'd like to have motion on, if possible....perhaps the Sim Operator can intervene so no damage occurs to the mechanisms (the hydraulic jacks, and such)....or, the computer may only recognize the 'ground' as a crash point...not a 'building' in the database....depends on the make and model of Simulator....other reason to have motion off, is two will be standing.....the Sim can get a liitle rough, even with professional pilots flying.....not Roller Coaster rough, but it could knock a person off his feet, if not prepared.

So.....to summarize.....guessing about $6000, ballpark. Split 5 ways (myself, and four ATS members) is $1200 each, not including transportation and lodging (one overnight).

The $6000 is probably a high 'guesstimate'....just to be safe....the actual cost might be lower. I haven't checked yet.

Who's game???

ps....hopefully you will have a pilot's license, but if we get one who HAS NEVER FLOWN before ( except for MS FLIGHT) then it would be fun to see what happens!!!

WW

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Final point: --- the motion, on the Sim, might be off....because, as I said, when the computer senses a 'crash', the Sim freezes.

Hmmm very interesting point... so what your saying is you would have to ask the operator to override controls to allow a crash?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

No, Zorgon.....most Sims that I have 'flown' will freeze, if you crash into the ground....based on the Sim operator inputting the QNH to fit the lesson plan....it the QNH is wrong, the Sim will 'crash'.....I've had many inastrictors/operators say..."oops"....and we get re-set, and we do it over....

My point is....it's expensive, to rent a Simulator. BUT, if we want to do this, we should probably consider United Airlines.....because they have a great training center, and it is in Denver....almost the middle of the country!

If we want to do a real test, the motion should be on....that costs more...

We also must do the briefing, before the Sim 'flight'....

AND.....the participants must have a chance to fly the Sim, to get the 'feel', before the final run into the buildings.........

Only Fair, eh???

WW

[edit to add]....I'm going on a European Cruise in July. Taking BA from IAD to LHR....9 July. BA from LHR to CPH, 10 July. Cruise sails from Copenhagen 12 July. Ends at Stockholm, Sweden 7 nights later. Booked BA from ARN to LHR, back to IAD....(gosh, hope we don't send our bags thru terminal 5!!!!)

LOL!!!!!!

WW

second edit....so if we do this, it should be late August....'caue I'll be free then....

[edit on 5/6/0808 by weedwhacker]

[edit on 5/6/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

just to point out , you do not actually need the WTC in the sim , IMHO the target could be ANY monolithic skyscraper

all you would need is a fixed target of comparble ` impact area `

the most important details are ::

its altitude / width

its identifiability [ is that a word - lol ] from the required range

its approach path has comparably distinct landmarks

canary wharf [ london ] is large enough - and the thames provides a very accurate navigation guide

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublime620
reply to post by pierreletrek

The guy got banned over a middle school type argument. And then, instead of just saying he'd stop (not even apologizing, just stopping), he decided it would be a good idea to say the site is run by the CIA.

Who cares what he says anymore? He's clearly a nut job who is just looking for attention. People say, "Hopefully he'll mature and come back". The guy is like 65. Nothing wrong with that, but I doubt he's going to be maturing.

Hey, some people just need attention. It turns out John Lear is one of those guys. It makes sense in hindsight. He either had to know something everyone else didn't or be one of those attention seekers.

I think he confirmed which one he is for us.

Aha, so this is what they call a "personal attack".
1. Analyzing someone's respond as behaviour and then labeling that behaviour as immature.

2. Immature persons are there to be ignored. Their remarks are by definition not mature and thereby not valid. And you can ban them and continue attack them personally after they are banned when they are not able to respond on it directly. As if that would make sense, because once you are typcasted as a "nut job", every respond is again by defintion "nuts".
3. Do not forget to shut the door by - after degrading the other person - making a remark like "I think he confirmed which one he is for us.", reeling in the reader as "one of us", the sane people. Wink, wink, nudge nudge, you know how he is, you better stay on my side, with the sane people.

Thanks for the input!

PS. is personal attacking allowed on a banned member?

So NOW back to the issues. The most unbelievable stuff mentioned in the interview is my opninion the alledged "towing in place of the moon" some 40.000 years ago. Some of the photo's shown of acticvity on the moon I find very interesting, but the photo of the back where the towing machine would be parked, is impossible to interpret for me. Where does the "story" of the artificial moon come from originally and what is there to back it up?

Any one?

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Pjotr]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Well I am new to ATS all the way from the UK, very good site might I add.
I also recently watched the 4 hour video of John Lear's on various conspiracies from 9/11 to the Moon theories and found it fascinated, I do not know much about John Lear’s, so I can only comment as an outsider and a sceptical one at that and find most of the statements credible, as I found him very, very knowledgeable.
However I am a usual sceptical person and while I gave the video my full attention there was something bothering me, I could not put my finger on it, as each hour went by something was bugging me, and I didn’t know what it was.

As a person with very sensitive ability to connect to things, including energy and life force which I use in Reiki healing I continued to feel an un-ease but still could not put my finger on what was bothering me.
After watching the video, which kept me there till 3am this morning, how that for commitment I went to bed.
Here’s the strange thing and I am being serious no jokes please I had a low frequency sound swirling in and out intermittent and at times with a echo in my head/ears.
There was a number of I would describe as negative words entering my head at times, which were continuous, this is no joke and was frustrating for at least 2 hours.

Now I’m not making this up to create a conspiracy all of its own, I am sceptical about most things and like most people want proof, but this has really concerned me.
The one question that has gone through my mind during today is if there was any recording in the background, or has there been any alterations to the video or enhancements, or could I have picked up a external frequency radio station etc
I did listen and watch the video on my laptop with headphones for the full 4 hours
One thing I do know is there were a set number of words which I could hear, and would be interested if anyone else has experienced it if so what words did you get, and I am serious when I say no jokes or silly comments as it is still bugging me….

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   

My bad! Not my day yesterday WW; pre-Copernican brainfart. Sigh. Always think before you post! Stupid thing is, I've posted correcting others correctly about this before.

In any event, the orbit of the moon is fascinating and glad to be the whipping boy to bring up this old verity. Carry on...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tommyknockers

Tommy:

You are so right about that. You did see the only truth out of all these posts. I saw that too.

I bet this thread get closed real fast due to it being against what the ATS owners want. That would be proof in itself validating the line that you brought out as the truth.

Let's see what happens. The HAMMER is looming.
(I gotta switch my tin-foil hat for my construction hard-hat.)

-Eyes II

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Healerman

First you went to bed late - watching/listening to something.
As Eckhart Tolle put it, best to try not to fall asleep with the t.v. on.
Or I would put it, guard what is the last thoughts of the day before you sleep.

The verse, "dont let the sun go down on your wrath" ring a bell?
(Of course not implying you were angry - the verse reaches beyond this and touches into the whole concept pointed out above.)

So perhaps you were susceptible to the 'energy' surrounding the video as a whole.
Again, to some degree, all conspiracy theory lies well within the realms of unconscious ego. - its all stories that people take quite seriously.

Cant really say much more beyond this, as you will figure out what it is that happened as you search...but overall, I would not be stressed about it. Look at it, try to see what you can learn from it, but dont stress/worry about it.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   

BUT....the bloody thing rotates!!!!!! But it is tidally locked, so we see only one hemisphere!!
WW

OK! OK! So you needn't fall over the edge with this discovery!!
I learnt this in my second grade. So what's the big deal? Lol!

We're lucky that the Earth AND the Moon are not tidally locked to each other, like if they had similar masses, otherwise I would have missed seeing the darn Moon as it would have been visible from only one hemisphere!

Heck! Is this off topic?

P.S. Did you know that if Billy Meir hadn't spewed out his rubbish, all this wouldn't have come to pass?

Cheers!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 09:46 AM
link   
A Poem

Hark! Hark! ALL the ATS'ers who LOVE debunking are here!
As DEBUNKING, not the topic, is their passion, it's clear...
including John Lear.
They huff and they puff as they smugly proclaim
"Tis, nothing but a fraud -- or the man is insane"!
No matter what the topic, it's always the same.
Their passion is debunking and they love to inflame!

To all the ATS pseudo-skeptics that I have known
The years have gone passed, the time has flown --
How can the rudeness that you have shown
Become so great all on its own?

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Weather we all believe John Lear or not, I think we can all assume that he has the ability by now to post at ATS under a different name, or maybe even use a new I.P. address. John, are u there? Respond!

By the way, Wang, I starred your poem. Inspirational and refreshing.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
VisionQuest
I too share your sentiment... good suggestion to J.L too!
PS -- thanks for the star!

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I think we all understand the rotation of the moon, the problem is descibing it in language we can all agree with.

Can it be said that unlike the eatth, the moon has a compound orbit around the sun.

It is clear that the earth revolves around its axis as it orbits the sun. Otherwise one side would be referred to as the dark side of the earth. I don't think there is any disagreement there.

Describing the orbit of the moon is more complex because it orbits the earth and the sun. In relation to its orbit around the earth, it does not seem to an earth based observer that it rotates on its axis. We always see the same face,

However if we change our position of observation to the sun, we can clearly see that it does rotate on its axis as it completes it's compound orbit around the sun.

I know my brief description may sound simplistic to most here, but if I were to explain it in terms my 9 year old would understand, I think he would grasp this explanation.

IT appears that I went off topic on this subject. Therefore, let me say that I have not viewed the video yet of Mr. Lear. It is for too long for me.

I trust all the interesting bits will be discussed and anaylzed here.

[edit on 7-5-2008 by Sparky63]

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Sparky63

Sparky, you could better explain the principle to your nine-year old with props.....say, a basketball to represent the Earth, and a baseball to represent the Moon....or you could use an actual globe of the Earth....!

We really don't know why the rotation of the Moon around its axis is virtually equilavent to its period of orbit around the Earth.

What has been determined, based on laser reflectors left by Apollo astronauts on the surface, is that the Moon is very gradually spiralling away, a few centimeters a year.

By extrapolating backwards in time, it would assume that the Moon was once much closer to the Earth....shortly after the Moon was formed, as the current theories go, about 3 billion years ago.

There could be considered a symbiotic relationship, between the Earth and the Moon...Luna has had a calming, stabilizing effect on Gaia.

Of course, every planet rotates at different rates, about their axes...Mars is closest to Earth....Venus actually is retrograde....what happened there??

The rate of rotation has got to have something to do with angular momentum, from the early formation of the Solar System....

Need astrophycists/cosmologists to help out....

WW

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   

WeedWhacker:
If you will find out what he best deal we can get on the price of this is I'll think about finding a way to fund it. $6,000.00 is too much and I agree with you that if the sims are sitting idle and the airline understands this a private experiment (not big corporate money) they might cut us a GREAT deal.

I would LOVE to put this to bed one way or the other.

Please let me know.

Springer...

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
I would LOVE to put this to bed one way or the other.

Springer...

It would be cool to get both Weedwhacker and John Lear to participate in this experiment together.

A well known pilot (J. Lear) vs. an unknown (weedwhacker).
It would definitely be interesting the results, or rather to hear what the side has to say whose point is not proven.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dAlen

dA....JL is well-known because of his name.....and his antics.

I keep the down-low, since I didn't have a rich, famous father.

I'd welcome a chance to have JL participate....but he doesn't fly anymore, he says....so he will have to drive to Denver (if that's a good place to do it....my idea).

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Well I did mention J. Lear as this whole idea, for the experiment, came about from Springer because of what J. Lear said and then what you said.

Also, seeing that J. Lear is well known, as well as his father, it would seem there is more at stake for him to prove his theory...but then again, maybe not.

Peace

dAlen

posted on May, 7 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   

reply to post by dAlen

dA....JL is well-known because of his name.....and his antics.

I keep the down-low, since I didn't have a rich, famous father.

Down-Low? How about shooting off a very low blow comment!
That was a bit uncalled for.. As you dont seem to know much about John Personally and what happened with him and his father.

You just took yourself down a couple pegs with that comment.

Infact I was thinking about throwing in about 100$ into the ring to see this sim happen. But if you are going to make claims about a man you do not know, and hint that his daddy left him tons of money.. Well you sertinly dont know Jack.

I took the time to know, and its not my place to tell you what happened with JL and his father.. But just know. JL was not handed a silver spoon, and earned his respect to many of us.. And not threw his antics but threw his service to our country, and the many aircraft he has flown personally.

Very low blow sir.. And put in bad taste..

I normally keep my mouth shut on this topic. As what I know is for me alone.. But when I see people prancing around with their ignorance.. I feel I have to speak my mind.. Which is IMO.. And I only speak for myself.
But since John cant post.. Its up to those of us, that have been moved by Jonh Lears vision, to stand up for the man, when somone makes a low blow like that..

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join