Project Camelot's NEW 4hr long interview with John Lear

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hi!

I'm in with John Lear. I have followed a lot of his threads and in my opinion, he was chased away from ATS. So was Sleeper.

Have you noticed that the slander is skewed in ATS's favor, why?

ATS: Either your are with us, or your against us. I am not sure why ATS is trying to further distance themselves from JL via all the slander. It makes no sense to me.

I have noticed many times in the past that this site is very "touchy", and is routinely steered in whatever particular direction benefits ATS. I think that ATS did not want to associate with JL or Sleeper anymore so they allowed their threads to be trashed ultimately pissing off JL & Sleeper and maybe a few more that have fell through the cracks.

My observation: For the most part, freedom of speach rules, regulations and common laws are eliminated in this site. The constituion does not protect anyone here.

Sad, but true.

-EyesII

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Just watched the whole thing. I thought it was pretty good IMO. It was pretty obvious though (to me at least) that Bill Ryan and that woman were trying to get JL to talk about ATS on camera just to make ATS look bad. IMHO it looked like JL didn't really want to mention it much, but they kept pushing the subject so he said enough to get it over with. The fact they got him to do it right at the beginning of the video is why I'm leaning towards thinking Bill and Kerry just wanted to make ATS look bad on camera.

Besides the subject of being banned, everything else he said about ATS seemed positive and he said he still visits everyday. He just can't post or anything.

The biggest thing that annoyed me about the whole video is how they shot it and they way they edited it. It looks like a little kid threw it together in Windows Movie Maker. That woman also sounds as if she has no real clue about anything she asked JL about. The 9/11 hologram theory of his is the only part I didn't pay much attention to. That one's just to crazy for me. I enjoyed everything else he talked about though.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by nightmare_david]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   

NOTICE

While I know many of you may want to discuss what John says about ATS, I think it's more appropriate to focus on what he has to say in the other 90% of the video interview.

Many months ago, John was invited to participate in ATS because of his experiences and opinions on a wide variety of topics, much of which are mentioned in the interview. I'd like to ask everyone to focus on that aspect for the remainder of this thread.

It certainly is a "natural reaction" for our members to want to defend ATS or refute John's comments, but that was then, this is now. Let's get back to discussing the issues and not the people.

Thanks.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Regarding the whole ATS issue with John Lear, I tend to believe that John thought ATS was going to be another “oooh’ and “aaah” audience that he could mesmerize with ease. Instead he had to go head to head with some individuals who are very well versed in their subject matter. After his glass house had a few rocks thrown through it (Which was not hard to do), he looked for the exit sign. In doing so he spun his egress into an entirely new conspiracy for his loyal followers to digest. I think the sad thing about John is that he has been telling these tall tales for so long, he actually believes them. About one hundred and fifty years pass and Paul Bunyan and his Blue Ox Babe turn into “Soul Catchers on the moon” and “Underground Submarine Tunnels in Nevada.”

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jritzmann
Like I said, you don't get that much flak unless you're over the target.

I really love that analogy. And it's so true.

Whatever the case maybe, I hope, in time, you guys may sort out your differences. I don't know John on a personal level, though I've had my share of "conversations" (more like civil disagreements) with the guy.

I rarely agreed with the man, but always respected him for many reasons, one of which is sticking to his guns on some of the most outlandish tales I've ever heard. It comes as no surprise to me that he's sticking to them now.

I guess it's an end to what look to be a promising legacy here on ATS. Whatever the topic, you were guaranteed an interesting read when John was involved ... and a good exchange of words (rarely hostile, but maybe sharp - as I observed) were close to follow.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Is this true ?

John...

whoops... sorry... I didn't realize I didn't send you what we discovered.

It turns out that Jeff admitted to posting pretty much what you attributed... and later had second thoughts and removed them. Which is why the material never showed up in the Google Cache (it generally takes 4-6 hours for a new post to be archived by Google).

No fraud.

Bill

and

From Bill Irvine:

Mon 1/28/2008 6:43 PM

This is a resolved issue. Jeff has admitted to posting, and will ensure to contain his comments in the future.

Bill

www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by helium3]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesII
Hi!

I'm in with John Lear. I have followed a lot of his threads and in my opinion, he was chased away from ATS. So was Sleeper.

No, they both left after trying to hold the board hostage. When Sleepers thread was moved to SW, both he and Lear decided they were going to try to use their following on ATS to force the admin to bend to their will. It didn't work.

Have you noticed that the slander is skewed in ATS's favor, why?

SLANDER ; a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

The keyword there is "false". Everything said about Mr. Lear so far is true, as we are only discussing what HE HIMSELF said. An example a false and slanderous statement would be saying something like," that ATS site is run by the CIA as a way to keep tabs on everyone." when you know it is not true.

It is not "skewed". In fact, the owners removed my ability to access my account (Tiloke) simply for coming to the defense of another member who I thought was being treated unfairly by Lear.Ats ownership has been swift and effective in dealing with posts against JL that were mean spirited. If the sites members seem to be "skewed" against JL, it's nobodies faut but Lear himself.

ATS: Either your are with us, or your against us. I am not sure why ATS is trying to further distance themselves from JL via all the slander. It makes no sense to me.

Because Lear is obviously making things up to get back at the site that shunned him. John Lear personally knows the ownership of this site, and he knows for a fact that they are not the CIA. By stating for a fact that ATS is a CIA site, and saying it with the save bravado and straight face he says everything else, it makes everything he has ever said suspect. Ats has been known to not want to associate with liars.

My observation: For the most part, freedom of speach rules, regulations and common laws are eliminated in this site. The constituion does not protect anyone here.

Sad, but true.

-EyesII

The constitution has no effect here. This is a privately owned site that does not have to give you those rights. If you want to see what a board looks like when people can say whatever they want, take a look at the average Youtube video comments, nothing but swears and insults with a decent post mixed in about every 20 or so.
The only "sad but true" part of all this is that now we all know for a fact that Lear is a bold faced liar.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by Rackham]

+5 more 
posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
You want free speech, goto godlikeproductions, you will quickly see what a bunch of deranged ignorant fools post without the common sense of decent posting rules.

As far as the interview with Lear goes, he is no different than folks like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton. Quick to run to the first camera they find when they think they can bask in the glow of the limelight while furthering their personal agenda and money making schemes. Folks like them have ruined the defense of REAL racism, and folks like Lear have ruined the ability to investigate REAL anomalies. Period. If you don't know what I mean, plain and simple...your ignorance and inability to exercise reason, logic and common sense are a part of the problem.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by IgnoreTheFacts]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
It was a pretty good video and its always nice to hear things from the accounts of JL....always entertaining.

As for the whole ATS/JL thing, damn this seems to have taken up most of the discussion here...including my post. All I can say is that I agree, there is TOO MUCH slander and bashing of people on this site. Someone posts something they believe or want to discuss and then you have certain people automatically coming out and "NO", "FAKE" "HOAX" "PROOF" "IF YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU"RE AN IDIOT". I thought this forum was all about debate and coming together to find a common truth. No one even gets the benefit of the doubt anymore. As for "proof" well, yeah thats important but thats a two way street my friends! Just as you require proof of the topic being legitimate you should also be required to bring forth proof of your own to debunk and not just sitting there with your know it all / holier than thou attitude flaming something/someone you may not agree with. This forum from what I understand was made to bring people with a common interests together to debate and share experiences was it not?

The ATS/JL issue seems (and im not pointing fingers because everyone on both sides of the argument has a little bit of the blame to share) to be a case of misunderstanding and hurt feelings. If the bashing would stop im sure ATS would see a lot less of this sort of thing happening.

LESS BASHING...MORE CIVILIZED DEBATE!!

"Cant we all just get along?" - Rodney King - circa 1991

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by helium3
Is this true ?

John...

whoops... sorry... I didn't realize I didn't send you what we discovered.

It turns out that Jeff admitted to posting pretty much what you attributed... and later had second thoughts and removed them. Which is why the material never showed up in the Google Cache (it generally takes 4-6 hours for a new post to be archived by Google).

No fraud.

Bill

and

From Bill Irvine:

Mon 1/28/2008 6:43 PM

This is a resolved issue. Jeff has admitted to posting, and will ensure to contain his comments in the future.

Bill

www.thelivingmoon.com...

[edit on 6-5-2008 by helium3]

Dude, I don't want to sound like a jerk-but read this thread instead of rehashing nonsense already covered. No, I didn't edit posts. There was nothing to "admit" to. My posts were what they were and were not edited by me at any time to remove offending comments. Period. Ok?

The mods used the ATS search engine and couldn't find them. Bill assumed they were edited out because they couldn't be found by a lousy on-site search engine. Bill assumed wrongly. He's stated this already.

I did not admit to editing them, but that I posted the comments. They were there and thats the end of it. Bill has already said all this too.

Never mind the fact that the comments weren't directed (except one) to Lear anyway. Did I lose my temper...absolutely. My fault. What do you want me to do...I'm just a human.

So, enough with the conspiracy garbage. It was human error and nothing else. Now I've said what I have to say, and I'm not going to repeat it again for people who desperately want drama and refuse to read.

What I find really amusing is how marginal this was to some confrontations I've had here.

EDIT to add sp correction.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by jritzmann]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
The hammer is coming to this thread.

There was NO EDITING by anyone. It was a false assumption and like most assumptions it made asses out of some us.

The six or seven people who keep crying for Lear to come back can go watch the video again and do a search for the sites he mentions that he can be found on these days.

This marks the end of the editing conversation.

Springer...

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If what John Lear is saying about the mods here at ATS is true, that really disturbs me. I only say that because I've personally seen mods insult regular members here. The Power Structure here is off balance and ill-managed. Just my two cents. There are some good - hearted ones here too, but I wont get into name calling.

Perhaps most disturbing is that one's survival here at ATS is mostly dependent on who you align with or agree with. I feel we should be free to discuss what JL talks about in the Project Camelot video and not have our discussions steered away or to any particular direction.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Here comes the hammer.

Talk about what ATS management wants you to talk about, or the thread will be closed. Any future threads will be dealt with immediately. Say whatever you want, but don't question managements right to sway, lead or shut down topics they find irritating. Who cares about free speech? This topic has seven pages in three days, so obviously it is a popular thread... but it will be shut down. Why... because they don't like being shown as the bad guys.

Such is life. ATS is just doing the same thing our government is doing to us, and anyone can be sacrificed for telling the Emperor he has no clothes. Just keep looking in the magic mirror and pretend it will all go way as long as everybody agrees with their version of what happened. How can we ever say we "Deny Ignorance" here, or are searching for the truth... when this very thread is THE proof of manipulation, ignorance, and censorship.

Just do what you are told. Don't ask questions. Don't look them in the eye. Keep your head down and stay in line... or else you will be banned. Talk about a Power Trip! Talk about forcing your point of view down everybody throats!

Reminds me of the kids who had the big yard and all the neat toys... you could play there as long as they always won or were the leader.... lol And everybody knew those kids could never win without having the rules slanted in their favor, or that they sure as heck were not natural leaders... they were only appointed to the position because of their parents... who kept the real truth from them.

Denial... it's more than just a river in Egypt.

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Rackham

Amazingly strong opinion for a noobie....

Perhaps you could explain this?

Thanks

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by yankeerose

Sheesh!!! You bitter?

No, 'you bitter....you brought her'!

WW

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
Here comes the hammer.
Talk about what ATS management wants you to talk about, or the thread will be closed. Any future threads will be dealt with immediately.

Bravo, this is the only piece of truth I could find in this thread.

[edit on 6-5-2008 by tommyknockers]

+7 more 
posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Say whatever you want, but don't question managements right to sway, lead or shut down topics they find irritating. Who cares about free speech? This topic has seven pages in three days, so obviously it is a popular thread... but it will be shut down. Why... because they don't like being shown as the bad guys.

I believe the point of the owners could also be looked as "This thread is now off topic" other threads that have become off topic from the original post have been closed or members asked to return to the OP topic or start a new thread. Isn't that part of the rules here? I don't remember this thread originally being about the ATS/JL problem. In fact I'm pretty sure it was about the video and his ufo/cover up stuff not the 2% of the ATS/JL issue (5 minutes at the beginning of a 4 HOUR video)

[edit on 6-5-2008 by QBSneak000]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
Talk about what ATS management wants you to talk about, or the thread will be closed.

How is that any different that "thread drift" management that has gone on here for years? We've always tried to keep threads on-topic, it's no different here.

There are dozens of "criticize ATS" threads available for you to use to discuss John's comments about us. Why not shift to one of those, and keep this thread available for those who would like to discuss the other 90-95 percent of the ideas John brought up that have nothing to do with ATS?

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Sheesh!!! You bitter?

No, 'you bitter....you brought her'!

WW

Using humor to deflect this topic away from nuggets of truth. Funny joke...but....bad timing. Yankee brought some things I feel need to be addressed as well. But in the end, the only thing any regular forum member can do is simply leave and join another site if they don't like it here. Most of The Mods will do what is their best interests, as opposed to the whole. Just like most governments. Its just the way it is.

In a way, one can draw similiarites between this site and a govt. structure. A few people in power (mods) controlling the many (reg. members). Its almost a micro-experiment of a web coup. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Will censorship/banning prevail against those who speak out? Or will free-speech be upheld for the sake of democracy?

(sorry if that sounded rehearsed)

[edit on 6-5-2008 by VisionQuest]

posted on May, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by QBSneak000

Im a newbie and even I could understand that.....and believe me, thats a huge accomplishment for me as I am usually as smart as a sack of hammers

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join