It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan Monks See Aliens Saving Earth From Humans In 2012!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by seircram
The first one being of Rapture/End Times, where essentially either "God" or aliens come to earth and take the chosen ones off of earth to a new and better place....

Damn, i don't feel like leaving just yet. I wonder if i can negotiate to be on standby for the next flight

I have a daughter who will only be 5 then and she will need me no matter how enlightened i become. Hell, being enlightened will just make me more aware that she will still need me LOL

But seriously, i also believe it won't be the "end" of the world but a new beginning. HEY - Perhaps some politicians will no longer exist? Hell, that already would be a new beginning - pity we have to wait another 4.5 years - IF that's the case LOL.

Man i shouldn't make light of this because it may be truly serious - but i really can't help myself. I feel we get way to serious about what may never happen i.e. "The end of the World" when we need to concentrate not on what MAY happen but what IS happening NOW.

We, WE, us, everyone, can change the world and THAT will be the awakening!! In fact the awakening can happen now! Why wait for politicians, that are screwing the world up, to die?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by emptiness

As a Buddhist, I can tell you that "salvation" is taught in Buddhist terms of self responsibility. That is, one doesn't wait around for another being or beings to free us from suffering. It is up to US to end suffering in this world. Buddhists believe that each of us has it in us to end suffering.

I am not knocking you but your username "emptiness" is ironic if you are Buddhist - and i am not saying for one split second that you are not a Buddhist
. It almost appears pessimistic. Perhaps it's just me, and PLEASE i am not knocking you at all, just curious how that name would be representative of a Buddhist? I would envisage a username of "bountiful"

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Infact Emptiness is one of the principles of meditative experience that is one of the stages on the path.

It is the realisation that all phenomina are empty of a seperate I (ego etc), and that even non aminate objects too due to impermanence (entropy!) will change there form.

Therefore you look at a mountain nd call it a mountain. But this "name" and "view" is actually wrong, where is the mountain gone when it has been worn down and is now a beach or mud on a farmers field?

emptiness relates to the fact that though we call that thing a mountain the seperate parts, that make it up create what we ere soo certain of as a mountian have no seperate thing that is mountianlike. things are only as they are due to what makes them up there is no seperate mountian thing, and when the mountain is gone where has it gone to if it ever existed as a definate, true mountain?

hope this helps. the above is then taken to look at our our assumption of a seperate "me" "I" that goes on for ever is fixed and unmatable, when we look at our egos from this point of view we dont get soo worried about "you" did that to "me" you and me cant exist forever and point out to me the exact fixed place where "me" "you" and "i" are?

what is really interesting in this is that with modern quantum Physics we now know that the vacuum or emptiness does produce and materialise phenomina from the void or emptiness!

Kind Regards,

MischeviousElf not loggon on!

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

AHHHHHHHH!! Ok i am now with you! Thanks for that. It makes sense and is quite interesting. It also makes one think a little more about what we "see" and what it is, if that makes sense.

Very interesting indeed and thanks for the clarity

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Everyone agrees that when you close your mind to any system
whether spirituality, science or the arts that that makes you less of a whole person.

Being close-minded to religion is your loss.
Such close-mindedness makes a person an anti-religious fundamentalist.
And it is their own form of religion.

Being an extreme hater of Tibetans is racist.
Everyone of intelligence on the planet agrees that a racist
is a less evolved human-that means scientists, artists, poets, rock musicians,
the taxi driver and any modern day high school kid.

I feel compassion for you that you have devolved into a private hell of
hatred for Tibetans and that you are stuck in negativity.
Because karma is you reap what you sow. And since
you are only attributing negativity to one race of people than you will
only reap negativity upon yourself. That is the guarantee of karma.
That is not a smart way to go. As I've been trying to explain to you
there is good and bad in every nation, tribe, and race.
This is really kindergarten level stuff and I am surprised that a person who has a magazine could be stuck at the kindergarten level because at some point I guarantee that it will be negative karma that comes right back at ya.
And you will become infamous as a racist toward Tibetans.
That's a fact according to the laws of karma. Is that what you really want?
And please don't give us another infantile temper tantrum about how you don't care.
Lack of compassion is lack of awareness.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo

Everyone agrees that when you close your mind to any system
whether spirituality, science or the arts that that makes you less of a whole person.

Being close-minded to religion is your loss.
Such close-mindedness makes a person an anti-religious fundamentalist.
And it is their own form of religion.

Being an extreme hater of Tibetans is racist.
Everyone of intelligence on the planet agrees that a racist
is a less evolved human-that means scientists, artists, poets, rock musicians,
the taxi driver and any modern day high school kid.

I feel compassion for you that you have devolved into a private hell of
hatred for Tibetans and that you are stuck in negativity.
Because karma is you reap what you sow. And since
you are only attributing negativity to one race of people than you will
only reap negativity upon yourself. That is the guarantee of karma.
That is not a smart way to go. As I've been trying to explain to you
there is good and bad in every nation, tribe, and race.
This is really kindergarten level stuff and I am surprised that a person who has a magazine could be stuck at the kindergarten level because at some point I guarantee that it will be negative karma that comes right back at ya.
And you will become infamous as a racist toward Tibetans.
That's a fact according to the laws of karma. Is that what you really want?
And please don't give us another infantile temper tantrum about how you don't care.
Lack of compassion is lack of awareness.

LOL - all this fluff above reminds me of when christians are shown the obvious flaws in THEIR cherished 'religion'.
You just don't like to face the fact that Tibetan Buddhism is just as corrupt and manipulative (if not more) as the other organised religions. They slaughtered the previous 'religion' and its 'leaders' with more savagery than the Chinese military have shown them. You can carry on about all the karma and spiritual truths you want, but at the end of the day - you are just another blind believer with an upset ego.
I started meditating at age 16, and have spent the last 40 + years since then exploring and participating in many eastern belief systems - so I know all about taking Tibetan buddhism off my own pedestals. I also know enough about Tibetan Buddhism to recognise that you are not that well versed in what it says and how it is supposed be practiced.
For example - a REAL Tibetan Buddhist follower would merely smile knowingly and wish me well regardless of our differences.
LOL!
Duncan

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I think Tibetan Monks while meditating most of the day may know a lot more on a higher realm than we do.

I beleive they know.

Many other "seers" have spoken of an alien race saving the planet, while i dont really pay attention to them, i pay attention to the monks.

I was a monk in my previous life and still carry that with me.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

The essence of Tibetan Buddhism is Dharma
Dharma may be presented through various cultures however
Dharma is independent of culture. Tibetan Buddhism is Vajrayana
however Vajrayana is not necessarily Tibetan. Getting stuck on the cultural forms
means the person has missed the essence.

The Dalai Lama criticizes the arms merchants and war profiteering
of the Military Industrial Complex that the US CIA is a sock puppet of.
To say the Dalai Lama works for the CIA means the person is ignorant
of the true nature of both.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:20 PM
link   

The essence of Tibetan Buddhism is Dharma
Dharma may be presented through various cultures however
Dharma is independent of culture. Tibetan Buddhism is Vajrayana
however Vajrayana is not necessarily Tibetan. Getting stuck on the cultural forms
means the person has missed the essence.

... whatever ...

The Dalai Lama criticizes the arms merchants and war profiteering
of the Military Industrial Complex that the US CIA is a sock puppet of.
To say the Dalai Lama works for the CIA means the person is ignorant
of the true nature of both.

Sighs - like the rest of my posts, you twist things around and plain just want to get me wrong.
I never said the Dalai Lama 'works' for the CIA, I said he is a CIA asset. Obviously you don't appreciate the difference - but there is. I pick all my words very carefully, and with good reason. You might want to do the same.

Someone who works for the CIA just does what they are told - period.
An asset is a person/group who have their own agenda already, and who will readily cooperate with other groups where and when mutual gain is perceived.

Peace to you, and let's give this a rest shall we - it must be so boring for other readers to watch two people who profess to have no egos carrying on like we do.

Duncan

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:42 PM
link   

You may have chosen your words carefully, but that doesn't change the fact that in general usage when applied to the CIA, or espionage in general, the word "asset" is taken to mean "paid asset".

As in the following definition:

An "asset" is an individual or group who is paid to help push an agenda or achieve an end.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

You may have chosen your words carefully, but that doesn't change the fact that in general usage when applied to the CIA, or espionage in general, the word "asset" is taken to mean "paid asset".

An "asset" is an individual or group who is paid to help push an agenda or achieve an end.

I have interviewed spooks from 6 different countries - and my use of the word asset reflects my understanding of their perspective. Many assets are not paid at all, and they certainly are NOT listed as government employees.

Further, you can be an asset to someone, without even knowing it yourself. LOL!

One Israeli 'whistleblower/agent' made me laugh when he said that from 'their' perspective the world is divided into three categories: Agents, Assets, and Arseholes.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Duncan, please read more carefully...

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

I have interviewed spooks from 6 different countries

Except that I chose the words "in general usage" very carefully. You are not talking to spooks here. So

and my use of the word asset reflects my understanding of their perspective.

If you wish to avoid being misunderstood, you shouldn't be expressing "their perspective" without explicitly stating that it is the perspective of professional spooks. As for this

Many assets are not paid at all, and they certainly are NOT listed as government employees.

So what. We're talking about "CIA assets" here, not "Central Intelligence Agents", why would you assume we don't know the difference and why would you assume we would think they would be listed. Jeez, if the CIA listed everyone to whom it had given money as US government employees then half the KGB and GRU would have been under audit by the IRS for not filing tax returns. Hardly makes for secure treason, but it might have made life a whole hell of a lot easier for the Second Chief Directorate.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Duncan, please read more carefully...

I have interviewed spooks from 6 different countries

Except that I chose the words "in general usage" very carefully. You are not talking to spooks here. So

and my use of the word asset reflects my understanding of their perspective.

If you wish to avoid being misunderstood, you shouldn't be expressing "their perspective" without explicitly stating that it is the perspective of professional spooks. As for this

Many assets are not paid at all, and they certainly are NOT listed as government employees.

So what. We're talking about "CIA assets" here, not "Central Intelligence Agents", why would you assume we don't know the difference and why would you assume we would think they would be listed. Jeez, if the CIA listed everyone to whom it had given money as US government employees then half the KGB and GRU would have been under audit by the IRS for not filing tax returns. Hardly makes for secure treason, but it might have made life a whole hell of a lot easier for the Second Chief Directorate.

Well in that case I must either be thick or just Australian - cause I don't really understand what your point is. I merely clarified something that someone pulled me up on, so I am sorry I failed your tedium test - or whatever you are trying to prove here.

Duncan

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Peace to you, and let's give this a rest shall we - it must be so boring for other readers to watch two people who profess to have no egos carrying on like we do.

Duncan

A good debate is not boring nor is it carrying on as it can help not only
us but others bring clarity to our minds. That was my intent.

Actually I do not profess to have no ego.
One needs a bit of ego to function in worldly life.
My ego has a drivers license, pays taxes, honks when the driver
in front of me hesitates over 30 seconds after the light turns green
and so on.
I certainly have an ego-the difference is-I know it is an illusion,
that there is no permanent self, that this illusionary self is interdependent
and changes moment to moment and real wealth is to be in the now.
Therefore when you know the ego is a dream-it's easier to not be so uptight,
not take it all so seriously, cultivate compassion and dance with phenomena.
Peace to you too, my friend. And I hope you can find it in your heart
to forgive whatever some wayward Tibetans may have done to you.

posted on May, 24 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

A good debate is not boring nor is it carrying on as it can help not only
us but others bring clarity to our minds. That was my intent.

Yup it is... unless your only reason to be here is the sake of debate

I just stopped back in after a few days to see if there was anything new... but it's still going

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Well in that case I must either be thick or just Australian - cause I don't really understand what your point is. I merely clarified something that someone pulled me up on, so I am sorry I failed your tedium test - or whatever you are trying to prove here.

No, as an Aussie, I'd have to say "thick" is the explanation.

Tedium? Perhaps you find it tedious to discuss language, if so, then I find your choice of employment (as a "writer") to be highly amusing. As a person "in the media", the meanings of words should be highly important to you.

"Mere clarification"? What about this:

and they certainly are NOT listed as government employees.

clarifies anything? It isn't relevant and wasn't mentioned by anyone prior to your throwing it in.

Tedium test? That would be the one whereby you have the last word in any debate by throwing in bonus concluding comments designed to drive it off on another tangent?

As for "someone" pulling you up on it, that would be me.

And if you can't understand my point, then I suggest you get a different career. Or maybe not, as an inability to understand plain English clearly hasn't been an impediment to a career as an investigative journalist for the last quarter of a century.

posted on May, 25 2008 @ 11:46 PM
link   

No, as an Aussie, I'd have to say "thick" is the explanation.

Tedium? Perhaps you find it tedious to discuss language, if so, then I find your choice of employment (as a "writer") to be highly amusing. As a person "in the media", the meanings of words should be highly important to you.

"Mere clarification"? What about this:

and they certainly are NOT listed as government employees.

clarifies anything? It isn't relevant and wasn't mentioned by anyone prior to your throwing it in.

Tedium test? That would be the one whereby you have the last word in any debate by throwing in bonus concluding comments designed to drive it off on another tangent?

As for "someone" pulling you up on it, that would be me.

And if you can't understand my point, then I suggest you get a different career. Or maybe not, as an inability to understand plain English clearly hasn't been an impediment to a career as an investigative journalist for the last quarter of a century.

You sound like my wife - I feel told off, but don't really know what it is all about anymore. Yes, I believe that assets used by intel types are not listed on govt payrolls - so what?
As for being a writer - hey, I freely admit that I failed english in high school - but I still choose my words with care - unless I'm drunk that is.
You are going on my ignore list - goodbye
Duncan

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You are right. I also do not beleive in prophecies. I read Bible for 3 years and I found their prophcies is also mockery. No one knows the best - Only the Creator knows. Why worry ? Concentrate on present matters not the starry things. Believe in yourself. Whatever happens we have to accept it. I see more people will die due to American Aggression. This is my prediction. Do you agree?

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
You are right. I also do not beleive in prophecies. I read Bible for 3 years and I found their prophcies is also mockery. No one knows the best - Only the Creator knows.

So who's the 'creator'? Can you elucidate? Is it God? But who and what is 'God'?
Is HE an alien? Or some powerful electro magnetic coagulation of molecules which manifest themselves in nature and responsible for the creation of the Universe and everything within and without?

posted on Jun, 23 2008 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesingh

I think this is already happening. Et's are helping earth. I see strange spheres,airplanes and diferent types of flying vehicles making
clouds to cover the sun. It is said that Planet x is close
to earth and this will make changes in our solar system. We will see two suns and because of this, there will be many disasters and changes on a global scale.
So probably this is why our skies are full of quemtrails, to
protect us from the extreme flares of the sun. So I believe that
Et's are already helping earth, because this machines in the sky
are not earth technology. This things are too advance to be ours.
So, Tibetan Monks I believe are on the right track.
And on my side, I had a dream: there was war,humanity help on stopping the war, and after all the disaster made by the war,people was left without homes, food and very sick and hurt. Long lines of people from all kinds,whites, blacks, and every kind
were weeping, and sufering, with pains from their wounds and long lines of people awaited for food and help. Then I looked at the sky and spheres were all over the sky, and from this spheres white strange beings came down to earth, wearing white long tunics. They were assisting people all over. They would cure the injure by putting the right hand over there heads. No tools or medicine were needed.
So, very weird dream this one was. I believe that this is probably what is going to happen.

LACO

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join