It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tibetan Monks See Aliens Saving Earth From Humans In 2012!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
reply to post by nexusmagazine

Your statement that the Tibetan monks incited the riots is bogus.
Haven't you seen the photo of Chinese soldiers being handed the burgundy robes
of Tibetan monks.? It's been all over the internet. Everyone I know has seen it.

Debunked many times all over internet and in ATS, that picture was made when the soldiers were dressed up for a movie many years ago. It was spread by some malevolent evil powers who needed to put China in a bad light. So stop spreading lies, or take anything that you have not done your own due diligence for granted. Start denying ignorance!

EDIT: Some non-Chinese independent AND pro-Tibet sourced reports
Did Chinese soldiers really dress as monks in Tibet?
Photos of soldiers-monks on movie set claimed to be from Lhasa unrest

UPDATE - TUES. APRIL 8: The International Campaign for Tibet made a statement via their website that they do not regard this photo as credible evidence of Chinese soldiers disguising themselves as Buddhist monks during unrest in Lhasa last month. They acknowledge that they are in possession of similar images of soldiers carrying monks robes in the Jokhang temple in Lhasa, which were taken during a film shoot in 2001 which involved soldiers appearing as monks.
UPDATE - SUN. APRIL 20: The photo is from the set of "The Touch", starring Michelle Yeoh, shot in Tibet in 2001. This has been confirmed by the films' distribution company, and am waiting to hear about a supporting confirmation from an inside source. Will update soon.

The images were initially published in an article by Gordon Thomas in Canada Free Press on March 21 but the article was quickly taken off Canada Free Press's website. Further background information on the circumstances of the article can be found at: DHARMA or DECEPTION?: Chinese Soldiers Dressed as Tibetan Monks

Western Media Fabrications regarding the Tibet Riots

Didn't know that China recruited Indians in Tibet

[edit on 10/5/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on May, 11 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

You lack any credibility.
I stand by my statement.
Anybody can say it was a movie but you have not proved it.

You act as if the Chinese government is pure.
Until you confess to the atrocities at Tiananman square
and criticize the Chinese government for that cruelty
then you will continue to have no credibility on ATS.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazine

Hey, after 25 years of investigative journalism I know far more than you about the atrocities committed by our own governments. That wasn't my point!

The monks DID incite most of the riots, whether you bother to research it or not. Those internet photos don't prove I'm wrong anyway.
And what do you mean, "their feudal systems were medieval at best"? They were practicing their disgusting control tactics on the serfs and peasants right up to when the Chinese came in and put a stop to most of it. Tibet was closed to westerners for good reason - we were not supposed to see how bad the locals had it.
The Dalai Lama is a puppet of western intel - and the monks are not far below that. I put Tibetan Buddhism up there with Catholicism in terms of hypocrisy, cruelty, and sexual abuse of followers - it has had MORE than its fair share. This western image of Tibetan Buddhism is complete propaganda. They have, and are, getting back the karma they ironically profess to believe in. You ain't gonna hear the full picture from the Chinese media either - everyone has a stake in presenting their 'spin' on the matter.
Tibetan Buddhism, like Christianity - has good people in its ranks. But at the top, it is just another corrupt power system with no regard for the crap teachings dispensed to their respectively ignorant followers.
Duncan

The Dalai Lama has never swerved from non-violence.
Do you consider the non-violence of Gandhi, Martin Luther King
and the Dalai Lama to be "crap teachings?"
This reminds me of when a reporter criticized Bob Dylan's songs
Dylan replied, "Okay, then where are your songs?
You can't even write one or be musically creative."
In the spirit of Bob Dylan I ask you,
"Where is your Nobel Peace Prize?"
The answer my friend is blowing your mind because you are
trivializing great courageous humans like Aung Sao Suui Kyi
another Buddhist and Nobel Peace prize winner who has spent
over a dozen years in a Burmese (Myramar) prison of the military
junta. Despite many opportunities to flee her country she stands
with her people as a spokesperson for human rights.

It's laughable that an armchair investigator can call these principles
that these courageous people give their life too as "crap teachings."

Have you really ever investigated your own mind as is required
in Buddhist teachings? It's obvious from your writing that you have
anger and hostility toward religions. According to the Buddha, anger and hostility
means that the person is weak-minded, cannot control their own
mind because anger and hostility are poisons.
Many westerners are serfs and peasants to their own anger and
lack of understanding of their own mind. How many people can be compassionate like
Martin Luther King-a supremely religious man- in the face of being so mistreated?
Or the Buddhist Aung Sung Kyi?

If you believe that the Dalai Lama is "a puppet of western intel" as
you say then not only do you not understand the Dalai Lama but it
means that you do not understand the war profiteers of western intel.

Finally at the end you quote Aldous Huxley which is ironic since Huxley
loved and studied Buddhism so much so that his grandson-whom I've met,
to this day is a Buddhist monk who resides in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery
just down the road a few clicks from Kathmandhu.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Hey, after 25 years of investigative journalism I know far more than you about the atrocities committed by our own governments. That wasn't my point!

The monks DID incite most of the riots, whether you bother to research it or not. Those internet photos don't prove I'm wrong anyway.
And what do you mean, "their feudal systems were medieval at best"? They were practicing their disgusting control tactics on the serfs and peasants right up to when the Chinese came in and put a stop to most of it. Tibet was closed to westerners for good reason - we were not supposed to see how bad the locals had it.
The Dalai Lama is a puppet of western intel - and the monks are not far below that. I put Tibetan Buddhism up there with Catholicism in terms of hypocrisy, cruelty, and sexual abuse of followers - it has had MORE than its fair share. This western image of Tibetan Buddhism is complete propaganda. They have, and are, getting back the karma they ironically profess to believe in. You ain't gonna hear the full picture from the Chinese media either - everyone has a stake in presenting their 'spin' on the matter.
Tibetan Buddhism, like Christianity - has good people in its ranks. But at the top, it is just another corrupt power system with no regard for the crap teachings dispensed to their respectively ignorant followers.
Duncan

The Dalai Lama has never swerved from non-violence.
Do you consider the non-violence of Gandhi, Martin Luther King
and the Dalai Lama to be "crap teachings?"
This reminds me of when a reporter criticized Bob Dylan's songs
Dylan replied, "Okay, then where are your songs?
You can't even write one or be musically creative."
In the spirit of Bob Dylan I ask you,
"Where is your Nobel Peace Prize?"
The answer my friend is blowing your mind because you are
trivializing great courageous humans like Aung Sao Suui Kyi
another Buddhist and Nobel Peace prize winner who has spent
over a dozen years in a Burmese (Myramar) prison of the military
junta. Despite many opportunities to flee her country she stands
with her people as a spokesperson for human rights.

It's laughable that an armchair investigator can call these principles
that these courageous people give their life too as "crap teachings."

Have you really ever investigated your own mind as is required
in Buddhist teachings? It's obvious from your writing that you have
anger and hostility toward religions. According to the Buddha, anger and hostility
means that the person is weak-minded, cannot control their own
mind because anger and hostility are poisons.
Many westerners are serfs and peasants to their own anger and
lack of understanding of their own mind. How many people can be compassionate like
Martin Luther King-a supremely religious man- in the face of being so mistreated?
Or the Buddhist Aung Sung Kyi?

If you believe that the Dalai Lama is "a puppet of western intel" as
you say then not only do you not understand the Dalai Lama but it
means that you do not understand the war profiteers of western intel.

Finally at the end you quote Aldous Huxley which is ironic since Huxley
loved and studied Buddhism so much so that his grandson-whom I've met,
to this day is a Buddhist monk who resides in a Tibetan Buddhist monastery
just down the road a few clicks from Kathmandhu.

My facts stand - you are free to your opinions, but it looks as though you only want to see the rosy side of religions and spirituality. If getting more of the 'big picture' upsets you, then that is not my problem. I can see organised
As for being an 'armchair researcher' - LOL! I bet I have been to more countries and interviewed more public figures than you ever will.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Since you interview public figures and travel to other countries than
if you are going to criticize the Dalai Lama-then why not interview
him? He's the topic of discussion-the others are irrelevant.

And you need to look closer with more awareness at what I am saying.
I do not only paint a rosy picture of Tibetan Buddhism. However I
certainly do see the whole picture with more clarity.
Frequent flyer miles does not mean one has clarity or a handle on any
subject.
And interviewing is no criteria either
-look at Barbara Walters-she has interviewed so many public figures
but her lack of awareness and her
mediocrity is below even an armchair investigators.

posted on May, 13 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Thanks for the thread- Mikesingh

You know, I see people waking up to that very reality.

It has to do with the position of our solar system, within the Universe. Now, there are many variations as to the details, however, the path remains true.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Reply to post by Nexus Magazine

To start with, I mean no disrespect to you Duncan from Nexus Magazine, but you've come on a bit strong there mate.

Yes abuse and homosexuality occurred in the Lamasery's as it does in any large congregation of men, or women for that matter. So in that respect it is not so abnormal.

The people of pre-invasion Tibet were living a medieval style culture, but, they honestly loved and cherished their Dalai and other Lamas for being the embodiments of particular traits. That many people were dealt with harshly is true, many were, just as they were in most cultures. This makes it no better or worse than any other culture, including our modern western one.

So in these respects, yes, Tibet was never the Shangri-La it is seen to be in the west.

What I don't understand Duncan, especially after years of reading the magazine, is how you can claim Facts yet not give evidence for them. That is not like the magazine I know and have enjoyed for so long.

Also, for some reason that currently escapes me, I do not understand why unbalanced ego is being displayed by your approach here. Due to this you cannot hope to enlighten anyone to any facts you may possess as people will shy away from you, whether they see you mean well or not.

The people here are from all walks of life and many have backgrounds that you would find very interesting, but, they are not impressed by what they see as someone big-note-ing themselves, which is why they have jumped on you.

As the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey."

Be well.

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Tayesin]

[edit on 15-5-2008 by Tayesin]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ironclad

Originally posted by Copernicus

I dont care if 2012 is really bad or really good, as long as something happens on a global scale. That would be awesome.

People who say stull like this really tick me off..

Ofcourse you want to see something happen, watching millions die horrible deaths would guve people like you the ultimate Jerkoff material..

Then again, if whatever happens, lands right on top of your head, I guess I'm OK with that...!!

LMAO

what do you people believe is going to happen? Just because a "Monk" well respected amongst other things has had a vision that something terrible is going to happen you suddenly have to believe it...

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tayesin
Reply to post by Nexus Magazine

To start with, I mean no disrespect to you Duncan from Nexus Magazine, but you've come on a bit strong there mate.

Yes abuse and homosexuality occurred in the Lamasery's as it does in any large congregation of men, or women for that matter. So in that respect it is not so abnormal.

The people of pre-invasion Tibet were living a medieval style culture, but, they honestly loved and cherished their Dalai and other Lamas for being the embodiments of particular traits. That many people were dealt with harshly is true, many were, just as they were in most cultures. This makes it no better or worse than any other culture, including our modern western one.

So in these respects, yes, Tibet was never the Shangri-La it is seen to be in the west.

What I don't understand Duncan, especially after years of reading the magazine, is how you can claim Facts yet not give evidence for them. That is not like the magazine I know and have enjoyed for so long.

Also, for some reason that currently escapes me, I do not understand why unbalanced ego is being displayed by your approach here. Due to this you cannot hope to enlighten anyone to any facts you may possess as people will shy away from you, whether they see you mean well or not.

The people here are from all walks of life and many have backgrounds that you would find very interesting, but, they are not impressed by what they see as someone big-note-ing themselves, which is why they have jumped on you.

As the old saying goes, "You catch more flies with honey."

Be well.

I didn't mean to bignote myself there. I was responding to someone who called me an "armchair researcher" and to others who assumed I was just blowing air. I stated my credentials and my reasons for taking yet another stand against a popular myth, ie that of Tibetan Buddhism being a peaceful and desireable religion.

I can see from your own comments that I have upset your own little cherished belief system on this matter too.

I don't give a damn what people think of me or Nexus, on this forum or elsewhere. If you think I am here to pander to the popularity ratings of ignorant westerners then you are as misguided about me as you are about Tibetan Buddhism being a religion of peace and love.

Duncan

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nexusmagazineTibetan Buddhism being a religion of peace and love.

I happen to support Tibet, however let's not forget Shaolin Gung Fu...

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:51 AM
link   
"
I didn't mean to bignote myself there. I was responding to someone who called me an "armchair researcher" and to others who assumed I was just blowing air. I stated my credentials and my reasons for taking yet another stand against a popular myth, ie that of Tibetan Buddhism being a peaceful and desireable religion.

I can see from your own comments that I have upset your own little cherished belief system on this matter too.

I don't give a damn what people think of me or Nexus, on this forum or elsewhere. I f you think I am here to pander to the popularity ratings of ignorant westerners then you are as misguided about me as you are about Tibetan Buddhism being a religion of peace and love.

Duncan

Dear Duncan,

You never gave us adequate credentials in regards to Tibetan Buddhism.
All you've said is that you have frequent flier miles and that you interview people.
However you never told us who exactly you interviewed or what Tibetan villages you traveled to.
I still challenge you to interview the Dalai Lama or any high Tibetan Lama
for that matter. Instead of throwing a temper tantrum about how every single Tibetan Buddhist
out of hundreds of thousands wasn't 100% perfect please do some actual research in actual time and space.

One criticism you had about Tibet was that it was feudalistic.
And I agreed with you that it was medieval.
However I am certain
that right now the United States would be a lot better off if the Dalai Lama were President
rather than George Bush.

But that would mean a theocracy-some might say.
This is the real debate, let's go there...

Many would rather Tibet be a democracy.
This implies that your cherished belief system is that Tibet should be a democracy.
Democracy is great for mundane states of human grouping
and it does have it's place in food co-ops and governments-but
it has little place in spiritual systems or science.
You can't vote about the nature of scientific discovery.
Okay folks which is it? Flat earth or round earth -vote now.
The same with spiritual discovery
Okay folks pick one- love your enemy or torture your enemy.
It's illiterate to expect spiritual or scientific systems to follow the majority opinion.
It's not their function. I hope this context will give people a better understanding of why Tibet was a Theocracy.
IMHOP-It should be updated into some kind of spiritual parliamentary system
-because look how well democracy is functioning in the US.

And to say that Tibetan Buddhism is a religion of peace and love shows a lack of understanding of Tibetan Buddhism.
Tibetan Buddhism is a religion of wisdom and enlightenment.
This is very different than saying peace and love.
In any monastery there are depictions of wrathful deities and
this is because sometimes a person who has the benefit of humankind in mind must be wrathful.
For instance -if you were in a room with Bush or Cheney and they decided to nuke the planet it would be your duty as a Buddhist to whack them before they had the chance to. What's so peaceful about that?
And I am sure that while you were holding Cheney's head after you beheaded him
with the nearby sword of George Washington that he would not perceive you as all love and light.
There is also the true story in Tibetan history of an evil King who was killed by a Tibetan Buddhist Saint.
The evil King who was having a day of festivities was having an archery contest.
This Tibetan Lama who knew of the innocents being murdered by this secular King joined the archery contestants.
When it was the Lama's turn he pulled back on his bow and quickly turned to the evil King and let the arrow fly where it caught him right in the Third eye. (Third Eye Blind.)
As the King lay dying he wasn't thinking that Tibetan Buddhism was a religion of peace and love.
And I'm sure the fearful and compliant majority back then would have voted to have that archer Lama executed.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 07:24 AM
link   
i thinak that earth would really destry by myans calender,eart changing its poles hitting of a atroied; all these cases will prove that earth will surely destroy the day or other

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I don't give a damn what people think of me or Nexus, on this forum or elsewhere. I f you think I am here to pander to the popularity ratings of ignorant westerners then you are as misguided about me as you are about Tibetan Buddhism being a religion of peace and love.

One criticism you had about Tibet was that it was feudalistic.

Off the topic of alines, 2012 and various people's fixation with a date they know next to nothing about, but anyway...

So Tibet was medieval and/or fuedalistic.

How does that make the current situation, one of occupation and marginalisation by a dictatorship, more acceptable?

That's what I love about the Western "anti-advocates", they're real happy to tellus all that we know nothing about the Dalai Lama, the history of Tibetan society or Central Asia in general and that the Dalai Lama wasn't the leader of a "love-is-the-word, Age-of-Aquarius Shagri-La of peace and equality" but was actually an evil throwback-Robber Baron of serfdom and villeiny straight out of the 9th Century, but they're far less happy to discuss the current suzerainty of the Tibetan plateau or its management practices.

Dunc,

Can you spell "self-determination", let alone explain what it means or where it came from?

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

Off the topic of alines, 2012 and various people's fixation with a date they know next to nothing about, but anyway...

So Tibet was medieval and/or fuedalistic.

How does that make the current situation, one of occupation and marginalisation by a dictatorship, more acceptable?

I have never said that the current situation was acceptable.

For people who believe in karma though, they should be asking themselves some searching questions - don't you think?

As for self-determination, that is not, and has not been the issue behind any of the uprisings since the 1950s. The big uprising that China put down in the late 1950s was instigated by the CIA and other western allies jostling for strategic resource and military positions. Tibet had been under relatively peaceful Chinese control until the western powers started jostling in that region. Sure the Chinese crack-down was bloody - but if you read your history books, the Tibetan Buddhist monks and priests were well versed in skinning people alive and hanging them in the streets of Lhasa - which I'd say got them pretty bloody too.

This latest 'uprising' has NOTHING to do with 'self determination' or 'autonomy' - despite what CNN and the BBC are telling you. In this latest 'uprising', the local Tibetans went on a killing rampage of Han chinese, burning them alive in their homes and businesses and cars, hacking them to death in the streets etc - it had NOTHING to do with any drive for 'independence' whatsoever. What did you expect the Chinese authorities to do - tell them off?
Of course it plays nicely into the western media spin of 'poor Tibet struggling to be free of the yoke of the horrible chinese'.

peace

Duncan

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   

For people who believe in karma though, they should be asking themselves some searching questions - don't you think?

This latest 'uprising' has NOTHING to do with 'self determination' or 'autonomy' - despite what CNN and the BBC are telling you. In this latest 'uprising', the local Tibetans went on a killing rampage of Han chinese, burning them alive in their homes and businesses and cars, hacking them to death in the streets etc - it had NOTHING to do with any drive for 'independence' whatsoever. What did you expect the Chinese authorities to do - tell them off?
Of course it plays nicely into the western media spin of 'poor Tibet struggling to be free of the yoke of the horrible chinese'.

peace

Duncan

You're quote by Huxley-Huxley is talking about Karma.
If you'd bother to interview any Tibetan Lamas about whether what
is happening in Tibet is karma-many will say of course it's karma.

Are you an apologist for China's actions in Tianamen Square too?

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

peace

Duncan

You're quote by Huxley-Huxley is talking about Karma.
If you'd bother to interview any Tibetan Lamas about whether what
is happening in Tibet is karma-many will say of course it's karma.

Are you an apologist for China's actions in Tianamen Square too?

Sigh, you just don't get it do you?
1) It is Aldous Huxley who made the quote - not Huxley-Huxley.
2) The quote is NOT about Karma - but I guess if you see the world that way ...
3) I have met and interviewed many Tibetan Lamas, and they were all into sex, money and power - every single one of them. (I also used to organise lecture tours, conferences, public talks for visiting gurus, motivational speakers, peace activists etc - so I was privvy to how they REALLY were, rather than the slick public face they all put on for people like you)
4) I do not apologise for ANY of China's actions.
5) I merely wanted to point out - that the corrupt Tibetan buddhist elite have reaped what they have sown, ie savagery, torture, murder, beatings, humiliation, and more.

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Aha! You are a bitter ex-believer with an agenda!
And you are pure and have renounced sex, money and power?
Is that what you want us to believe?

I have met and hung out with a few Tibetan Lamas and
like everywhere else where human beings gather there are some
sincere practitioners and there are some scammers.
Everyone knows that but I feel sorry for you that you were too
naive to realize the human condition.
And it's sad you missed the point of Buddha's teachings that you
shouldn't accept a belief system or someone else's authority.
The whole point is to practice and experience things for yourself.

You obviously don't understand karma
if you think Huxley's quote isn't about karma.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   

This latest 'uprising' has NOTHING to do with 'self determination' or 'autonomy' - despite what CNN and the BBC are telling you. In this latest 'uprising', the local Tibetans went on a killing rampage of Han chinese, burning them alive in their homes and businesses and cars, hacking them to death in the streets etc

Sounds like the Maquis at work in 1944.

- it had NOTHING to do with any drive for 'independence' whatsoever.

Then what did it have to do with? Economic disenfranchisement? Occupation? "Survival in Our Own Land"?

What did you expect the Chinese authorities to do - tell them off?

I wish the Chinese would be forced to de-colonise as the western world did post-1945. I expected the Chinese authorities to do exactly what they did. Does that make them predictable, or me? Does that mean I've been well-prepared by the liberal western and in your eyes biased press, or does it mean that that same press understands the Chinese government all too well? I guess we already have your answer...

On a personal note, I don't much give a crap, on a strategic, national level, about Han Chinese immigrants in Lhasa being butchered by Tibetans. Those Han Chinese immigrants are the weapons in Hu Jintao's war on Tibetan culture. You can't kill Hu, so disarm him. Those Han Chinese were shifted onto the Tibetan plateau for the sole purpose of turning the Tibetans into a minority in their own land. This isn't the 19th Ceuntry, or the 18th. The days of Empire-through-settlement are over. 200 years later and the Australian Aborigines still haven't recovered from Arthur Phillip's arrival, so don't give me that crap about the services China brought with them to the roof of the world.
What they brought was their own dictatorship.

"Tibet Autonomous Region", so what, as well travelled as you are you should have no trouble telling us which of these nation twins these are the official titles of:

Deutche Demokratische Republik - Democratic Republic of Germany

and

Democratic People's Republic of Korea

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

On a personal note, I don't much give a crap, on a strategic, national level, about Han Chinese immigrants in Lhasa being butchered by Tibetans. Those Han Chinese immigrants are the weapons in Hu Jintao's war on Tibetan culture.

A war on Tibetan culture - give me a break!!! dude - it is part of the resource grab currently being conducted by ALL major powers. China whacked in roads and railways to open it up, then gave tax breaks to Han chinese to go in and open businesses. The local Tibetans fell over themselves to give up their culture and buy new flashy things, have hot running water, have fewer priests treating them like dogs, etc etc.

You can thank the USA and the Dalai Lama for being behind those 'riots' - all timed to put Olympic-sized pressure on China to give up access to resources that American and British corporations want for themselves.

It is those corporations who want Tibet wrested away from China - and they don't give a toss about human rights or values - any more than you seem to.

Duncan

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Aha! You are a bitter ex-believer with an agenda!
And you are pure and have renounced sex, money and power?
Is that what you want us to believe?

I have met and hung out with a few Tibetan Lamas and
like everywhere else where human beings gather there are some
sincere practitioners and there are some scammers.
Everyone knows that but I feel sorry for you that you were too
naive to realize the human condition.
And it's sad you missed the point of Buddha's teachings that you
shouldn't accept a belief system or someone else's authority.
The whole point is to practice and experience things for yourself.

You obviously don't understand karma
if you think Huxley's quote isn't about karma.

You sound just like a Christian, issuing personal value judgements from up on high, talking down your nose to us lesser evolved beings (in YOUR eyes that is).

Sure I don't understand karma - but neither do you by the sound of it.

I am against ALL religions, because I recognise that they are all used to control the masses. You don't need to be a Buddhist, or a Christian, or a Jew or a Muslim to know god, and be a loving peaceful person.

If this makes me bitter and twisted and lesser evolved in your eyes, then even you are not practicing what any of the above religions teach anyway. In fact, it would make you a hypocrite wouldn't it?

This whole thread got derailed when I simply pointed out that Tibetan Buddhism treated its forebears with much more cruelty and oppression than the Chinese army have dished out to them.

This seems to be a fact that some on this list do not want to recognise - mainly because it upsets their brainwashing about Tibet.

The Dalai Lama is a CIA asset - get over it!

Duncan

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join