It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbine student missing after trip to D.C.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Columbine student missing after trip to D.C.

www.9news.com

Jefferson County Schools spokesperson Lynn Setzer says the student is 17-year-old Mesbah Habibi from Afghanistan.

He was supposed to come back to Colorado to finish the school year, but instead, even though he checked in at the airport, he never got on the plane.

Habibi is a junior at Columbine and has been living with a host family since August. Setzer says Habibi did call his host family and told them he is OK, but he did not reveal where he was.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.9news.com

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I found out about this from another forum: prophecies.us.../0

I find a few things very "interesting" about this.

It's not all over the national news.

All the comments I have read refer to this as possibly a terrorist cell going into operation.

Am I the only one that is suspicious of our gov't ? As I said in the other forum, "If he/they is/are potential terrorists, why on earth would they risk exposure by calling their host families to say "I'm ok" and not give their location. Sounds like he is being detained. IMHO"

Has anyone heard anything about this? I think this is worthy of discussion at the very least, and more public attention for sure.

Why aren't we hearing more???

www.9news.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Quote from link above:

Setzer says the State Department told the school district five other students from Habibi's program, also from Afghanistan, went missing in the last week. She says the State Department is investigating.

Six students from the same program have gone missing in the last week.

Didn't something like this happen a year or so ago? If I remember right they were all older (like grad students) and had decided to do some sight-seeing or something.

However, these are high school students. And Habibi checked in at the airport, but didn't get on the plane. Then he calls, but won't tell them where he is.

(Edit to add where the quote is from.)

[edit on 1-5-2008 by otherhalf]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherhalf
Then he calls, but won't tell them where he is.

Won't or can't??

This happened a year ago??
Do you know how I can look this up or have sources? Did they ever figure out what happened then?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

I'm trying to remember the details. I think it was a year or so ago, but maybe longer. There were several students that didn't show up either for their flight or for their classes. They were all older, like I said grad students or something. The reason it made headlines is because they were from a Middle Eastern country. It turned out they had decided to go have fun. I think Homeland Security got involved and they might have been sent back home immediately. But I could be really off base on some or all of that. Must be getting old.

Let me do some searching.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think this is it:

FBI Alert, Egyptians Missing

Ah well, I had SOME of it right.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
mysstery solved, sort-of:

Afghan Exchange Student Flees to Canada

On Thursday, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office determined that Habibi fled to Canada on his own will.

source

So, what are they all doing there? Are we back to a terrorist cell question or were they just "escaping" to freedom from being potential targets here or from the devastation in their home country?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Or maybe he and the other students are ACTUAL TERRORISTS who wanted to cause harm to US citizens...but didn't follow through with it, or thought someone was on to them...soooo..flee to canada, avoid prosecution and head back home to Afghanistan.

I find it REAL sad that eveything you write has them as innocent kids and our government is to blame for it all. I agree our givernment is dirty and full of scum but to dismiss that they and others really ARE terrorists and ARE plotting something or acting on something shows me you have no true experiance or knowledge of real world terrorism.

Something is definitly wrong here...could we have detained him...sure, maybe there was good reason too....could we have detained him without cause...of course...its our government...anything is possible...but again...could they have also been recruited to do something stupid and actually have been tied in with a sleeper cell...you bet...but to flee to Canada...that leads me to believe they WERE planning or supposed to carry out something, failed, quit, or were being tracked..then beat feet to a safe haven....

p.s. don't let the fact that their high school students fool you....they are mentally and physically capable of killing anyone walking the streets of this country.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Just my own theory here:

These kids are exchange students and the school year is almost over. Not sure how their program works, but it's likely they would be going back home after the school year is over. It's possible that it would not be an easy, quick or cheap process for them to return here. Not sure if them running to Canada would help or severely hinder whatever reasons they had for wanting to stay on this continent, but knowing a few teenagers myself, there's a chance it wasn't a very realistic or well thought out plan.

Before I would place my bets on it being something nefarious, I would first bet that it was a stab at independence, dream of something better or more exciting than what they were going home to, girlfriends, etc.

Edit to add:

To rcwj75:
By the way, when I mentioned these were high school students I meant that I would be more worried about that kind of disappearance from a high schooler than I would an older person. Especially someone in an exchange program. To me that raises huge questions.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I have to agree with you on the angle that with the school year winding down maybe they simply don't want to go back home. They seen how great the US is and maybe he loved being here so instead of going back to dirt roads and dealing with extreamists who behead and kill their kids for doing something wrong...he just might wanna stay...

I just wouldn't overlook the bad side of this either....if he was raised with hate, with a mind to kill in the name of Allah, etc....it could be a whole new story in weeks to come.....

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
So! this is how its done!

I wonder how long it will take to "program" these kids to do the government bidding?

Aha!

with a couple of words they're set lose and bingo! We have not one, two, or three, but many massacres in schools!

Really, this is scary as all hell. They're in the "program" now.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

They didnt flee anywhere.

This is very enlightning.

yes sir.

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

p.s. don't let the fact that their high school students fool you....they are mentally and physically capable of killing anyone walking the streets of this country.

Just like most of YOUR kids (if you have any) here in America. Being trained and desensitized to ruthless and brutal killing thru all the violent video games you parents allow them to play... when you have no clue what-so-ever as to what is involved in the "game"... guiding their easily influenced young minds closer and closer to being able to, or actually wanting to, do it themselves, in real life.

[edit on 5/2/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj75

Are we really in that word already? Where we are automatically assuimg that because of their nationality they are automatically terrorists????

I'm not saying it isn't possible, ANYTHING is possible. I just don't agree with a lot of what the current administration (who I did not vote for) has done to our rights as citizens. With what they have done with our foreign relations. With a lot of things.

I also think TOO many people these days are too quick to judge. That is why I posted this topic... mostly to see the responses to the article and to follow it to see what came of it.

I'm with you on the fact that being teenagers does not make them incapable of dirty deeds, but come on.... I ask AGAIN... why would the student call his host family to tell them he was ok if he's part of a plot to take us down???
I think that to be odd, very odd, and somewhat telling.

I refuse to let fear rule my life. I WILL NOT look at someone and think I know them based on their skin color, their nationality, or anything else. I choose LOVE.

If you want to believe that something nafarious is going on, hey that is your right.

BTW... ANYONE is a potential terrorist. You going to start fearing your neighbor now?

Now, a question relating to the students... has anyone seen any information that they are or are not all together?

top topics

join