It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayday Alert! -- Terror Drills Could Go Live!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure SOMETHING will happen before this next election comes up. Will it be on May 1st, or will it be later, I have no idea. I do find the 9-1-1/ May Day bit to be a very interesting observation, and who knows, maybe it might mean something.

I'm all for having faith in others... but I have to say... I find it impossible to have faith in a regime that has lied to us so many times the past 8 years, and has sent the once grand old US of A into a downward spiral that will take years to inch its way back out of.

Besides, a little paranoia is healthy.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sweet baby Moses... I never thought I'd see the day when the millitary, police, and feds actually doing their jobs (protecting us and always striving to be prepared) would cause so many CHicken Littles to scamper around clucking about the sky falling.

Here is what we know: Alex Jones is an ass. His 9/11 conspiracies are utterly laughable and his "findings" (more like things he dreamed up while squeezing one out on the Jones family commode September 12th, 2001) about the mock terror drills being run on 9/11 are a really weak way to back up fears over every proceeding terror preparidness drill. That is something we know. (See, Jones isn't the only guy who can attempt to qualify everything he says as being authroitarian simply through prefacing & following it up with a leading statement like "we know this.")

We also know that the feds have run at least one preparedness drill in the Seattle area every year, frequently this time of year. Let's try and discern why now and why here, shall we? Might it have something to do with the fact that May isn't a huge tourist month for Seattle, in fact it is the start of people leaving the area to take vacations and such. Also, it's the start of the non-rainy season. Who wants to run terror drills in the rain? You ever experienced wet camo chafe? Not pleasant!

Seriously, I for one welcome the drills. COnsidering many of the same people who whined and moaned about how unprepared we were on 9/11 are the same people who are whining and moaning about any preparedness exercises today I have to wonder... is there any way to please y'all? BTW, no, they haven't reported this around here that I've noticed. IMHO that's a prudent course of action since all it takes is one or two yambags to try and pull something in an effort to start chaos and generate even more mindless automatons who will merely look at what the officials do, ignoring anything that doesn't fit into their little Lone gunmen window of wet dreams.

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

Last I checked, the 911 fascists are still in control of the whitehouse, and somehow I don't think they've made their last move. That makes any such drill a cause for a higher state of alertness. Maybe ATS should have it's own colour coded alert level!

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thought I should add this to the fire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel planning attack on Iran...

I drew a few connections in my post there.

There've been so many predictions I can't even remember, but who knows. If something does happen at least we will be able to more easily consider it was our own government responsible. Unless of course someone uses that mind set against us...

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This is what, the 3rd or 4th time that portlandhas been part a false flag report.

I guess I''m gonna die my 3rd death.

::rolls eyes::

Tela

[edit on 4/29/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Wow, now it's being talked about on national radio...just heard George Norey on Coast to Coast AM and a guest discussing this very same exercise on May Day... Creepy! May Day means national distress, is a holiday in Soviet society marking the revolution doesn't it? 911 is the distress call you dial on the phone to get help...
Starts in Washington where the weather patterns enter the country and head downward...the other phase is at the capital, the other Washington...

That's a lot of coincidence...it's probably nothing, but it gets ya' wondering about it.

When did it start where people began to seriously distrust those thought to be the ones who protect???

Nothing has seemed right at all since the night of the elections back in November of 2000....it's been so bizarre and almost unbelievable ever since.

[edit on 30-4-2008 by skyshow]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Well...as long as we sit here and talk about it I'm sure the issue will resolve itself, thank God.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Finally located a few articles...

Exercise to test terror, disaster response

Officials say the National Level Exercise 2-08 will test USNORTHCOM and NORAD's emergency response capabilities to natural disasters and terrorist incidents over an eight-day period from May 1-8. NLE 2-08 will be conducted in cooperation with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, U.S. Transportation Command the National Guard and with Canada Command, NORAD reported.

To all the poo-poo'ers in this thread... yes, drills are good for preparedness and done yearly. But, unless you are one of the blind ones who believes the 'official story' of 911, then it certainly should make anyone feel uneasy whenever NORAD, DHS and FEMA are involved in anything.

Disaster response exercise begins in Thursday

NORAD, USNORTHCOM To Train In National Exercise

USNORTHCOM’s primary exercise venues for NLE 2-08 include locations in Washington and Oregon. Exercise scenarios include multiple terrorist attacks in the state of Washington, an accidental chemical agent release in Oregon, a Category 4 hurricane impacting the mid-Atlantic Coast and the National Capitol Region region and aerospace events throughout North America.

NLE 2-08 will also involve agencies including the Department of Homeland Security, FEMA, U.S. Transportation Command and the National Guard. Canada Command will participate through its Staunch Maple exercise.

Next 9/11 scheduled for week of May 1-8, with Martial Law as a bonus

With the next new moon arriving May 5, 2008, which is usually the time the Pentagon War Mongers love to attack countries Israel wants bombed, this next terror drill, coming up next week, could be more than interesting. Especially the part about invoking "Continuity Plans and Capabilities."
That's bureaucrat speak for Martial Law.
Bet the "Dick", Cheney, has already slithered into his bunker in an undisclosed location.

OK, poo-poo'ers... don't get all bent out of shape. That is just from a blog.

Here is the rundown from FEMA
National Level Exercise 2-08 (NLE 2-08)

[edit on 4/30/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I'm not sure that the next false-flag event will necessarily resemble the catastrophic homeland incident that we saw in 2001. The American Empire has expanded dramatically since then, affecting the rules of engagement for the next phase of acceleration. 9/11 served its purpose, harmonizing the assent of the people with the interests of the military-industrial elite long enough to kick off the "war on terror." The West has entered a period analogous to the Roman principate, in which a hyper-militarized garrison state functions beneath the guise of a barely-breathing democracy. Posse Comitatus is gone; habeas corpus is dead. The police state, regardless of our Hollywood expectations, is here—whether it's McCain or Obama or Clinton in 2009, the unimaginably vast superstructure of overt tyranny is freshly-minted on this continent and ready for action, waiting for a signature.

If there's another false-flag event before the election, it'll fall lock-step in line with the neocons' tragically persistent effort to paint a cassus belli for their present endgame—the invasion and subsequent occupation of Iran. Watch for a Gulf of Tonkin-esque incident. I've heard it suggested that the far more likely model for a spectacular, catastrophic 9/11-2B would be a tactical-yield nuke (I'm thinking something like a W-80—remember Minot-Barksdale?) detonating in Fallujah, or another of Anbar province's "insurgent enclaves." The result? Renewed commitment to a failed military engagement, obscenely astronomical oil prices, and a horrific pretext for going after the Islamic Repubic. The neocon junta has been all about shifting the focus from Iraq to Iran as the Middle East's Big Bad; the expulsion of Adm. Fallon and last week's media circus regarding Syria confirms we're at about 11:58 on this particular clock.

I'm not sure how likely we are just yet to see military checkpoints and tactical police on every street corner, presided over by a dictatorial unitary executive. It'll happen eventually, but the priorities have shifted. The American coup has succeeded; North America's is pending. The next move is to extend what Bush/Cheney managed to accomplish in the United States to Canada and Mexico, cementing a continental police state through the framework of the Security and Prosperity Partnership. The North American Task Force has been quite vocal about 2010 as its deadline for fully implementing the SPP—the year of the Vancouver Olympics. TOPOFF 5 is scheduled for next April, involving Canadian, Mexican, and American forces. A year later, there will be the single largest concentration of foreign troops on Canadian soil in history, attending to security for the 2010 Olympics. Darkened by recent agreements permitting American troops to operate with full military jurisdiction in Canada in the event of a crisis or catastrophe, this is a scenario that should give us all pause, hauntingly suggesting what the scale of the next "mass casualty-producing event" may look like.

TOPOFF 5, April 2009

[edit on 30-4-2008 by neutiquam_erro]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I couldn't help but notice all the talk about a Hurricane disaster relief and FEMA and all of the recent Earthquake activity in the area.

Anyone else find that odd?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:39 PM
link   
neutiquam_erro, what you said mirrors my thoughts exactly, you have some serious knowledge man..

[edit on 30-4-2008 by lucidvisions]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
MayDay.

And i will be here alone.

I hate everything in my life right now.

Everything.

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
either the shtf next week or we just slip further into submission we choose

i dont care to see my family raped and killed by foreign troops or even domestic forces for that matter.

alex jones is right it is behavioral science and it is very effective , how long will we accept it...........im guessin all the way to the end!

i foresee that the powers that be would play it as if nothing was amiss if some folks started a revolution, the reasoning being personally i dont think that i would join the fight unless i could be sure i would not just be martyred.in other words if a small group of militias breaks into fighting, or even a large group for that matter, the media will portray it as no big deal so the revolution that we so deaperately need has probably actually tried to start up several times.....and weve missed it!! weve actaually let people die for our freedom and not even backed them up,look at what happened just last week with these "polygamist" well how do we know those folks were in the wrong, they probably were not!

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I was wondering if any of the drills are to be in TX?

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cossmow

Doesn't look like it, cossmow...

The overall exercise scenario unfolds as a Category 4 hurricane threatens the National Capitol Region (NCR) while events in the Pacific Northwest include terrorist attacks involving weapons of mass destruction (WMD) in the state of Washington and an accidental release of a chemical agent at chemical stockpile facility in Umatilla, Oregon. The scenario culminates with the hurricane's imminent landfall combined with a credible terror threat to the NCR which causes the federal government to invoke continuity plans and capabilities.

That's from the last link I posted above.

[edit on 5/1/2008 by RabbitChaser]

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I always hate reading posts like these, (end of the world type sutff) cuz it usually gets me mad, scared and feeling pretty powerless. But after I read this post (after I got mad, scared and felt powerless) I went down stairs to try to get my mind off it (eating left over pizza and watching re-runs of still standing makes me feel awesome) But then I turned it to CNN (an annoying unfortunate habbit) and for what seems like no reason at all, they showed pictures of the London bombings at the train station, they showed the smoke in the tunnels and then the three bombers. And I thought it was a little weird, then the girl (voice over) said 'It's important to show these images to show the desperation of these attackers (Something like that) And it made me think about this post, the false flag thing. Unless these were brand new (just released) images, there wouldn't be much reason to show these images, unless it was to instill fear and remind the people of the attacks, get them behind the flag (as this article said before) And with all the talk about rationing rice and Obama or Hillary

I've always said neither of them will win, some big terrorist attack will happen, and Bush will stay in Office. My friends have always laughed at me for that. But that theory seems to be getting closer to being real.

And what to do? Not much, I'm just going to buy some canned food, read a bit about surviving nuclear bombs, and living off the grid (Les Stroud, I think that's his name, the survivor man, very helpful) And if I am wrong, and nothing does happen, then at least I will have some food stocked up.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
There's another issue, though. The media lives off of people's fears. How else can you explain those "An everyday item found in most homes may someday KILL you children! We'll tell you all about it at 10:00 PM on channel 10, eyewitness, news!" and then 10 PM rolls around and they tell you about some kid that ate 2 lbs of laundry detergent on the West side and it killed him. Fear sells and the average American dunce is buying. The government could give a crap if you live your life in fear or not. The media, on the other hand, makes scores of money off scared viewers tuning in to feed their need to be afraid. (I have an actual rant about the media which I'll save for some other thread actually topiced directly on the media.)

BTW, there are no soldiers in downtown Seattle today, nor are there any other officials here. They had around 100 actors to play the role of victims and setup an emergency triage at one of the local military bases where everyone is performing the actual drill at. Looks like the only false flag here was the false flag the real fear mongers, who seem to have a need to turn everything into an "Oh no! The government is out to get us!" incident were flying freely. (gotta love that first ammendment which supposedly is so restricted, huh?)

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I just wanted to tell you I love your personality. You have a way with words like no one else here. You could make dry humor out of the end of the world.

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyorai
Thought I should add this to the fire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Israel planning attack on Iran...

I drew a few connections in my post there.

There've been so many predictions I can't even remember

But nobody predicted the very real attack on the Syrian nuke site, right?

Secrets: They will be kept

posted on May, 1 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
1 day down 7 more to go, lets see if this has any credence to it, it may, it may not.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join