It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Salvia to OBE (Outer Body Experience) city?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I don't know about you, but salvia provided an experience that words can't really describe... As if I was leaving my body... It was really strange because I remember trying not to fall out of my body and how it felt really heavy, as if I had a ton of weight on me... It got heavier the more I struggled with it and then it subsided back to reality... Only lasted for a few seconds it seemed... I never realized I would have an experience like this with a legal herb, used for many other things besides this experience... So far the herb has provided clearity in general... Doesn't make me feel bad in any way and could be an herb I can use for anxiety, probably good for depression as well...

Anyway, to get back to the point, the experience felt a lot like I was getting ready to have an OBE... Has anyone else had this experience while using Salvia (or other) or similar feelings during and OBE?

Also please share your experiences if you have some... Don't have to mention which herb you're smokin, fact probably better not too if it's illegal, but if you've have a crazy experience I would like to hear it! Thanks!

[edit on 25-4-2008 by ElectricUncleSam]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Disclaimer: I am a theist.

Hi ElectricUncleSam, you say and I quote "Anyway, to get back to the point, the experience felt a lot like I was getting ready to have an OBE... Has anyone else had this experience while using Salvia (or other) or similar feelings during an OBE?". Yes I have but it was as I woke up from a nightmare. I was paralyzed physically and was fully conscious and my mind
instantly panicked and jumped at the exciting thought of being ravaged by a succubus (it was all in my mind I tell you though LOL!) so I ultra willed myself to move and suddenly I felt a million fold larger than the confines of my physical carcass and yet I still felt it lying there on my bed paralyzed as a marble statue (I define this as my OoBE). Suddenly like a stretched
rubber band being let go I sprung back into my body and amazingly I had full mobility again and sat bolt upright in bed in some state of physical distress and an overexcited emotional state and with fantastically expanded mental faculties (only momentarily though). The sensation of leaping out of my body felt like falling over forward except that I was lying on my back
and facing up towards the ceiling, my eyes were open through out the whole experience! and when I was out of my body all I could see was an vast ocean of shimmering silver gold rainbow liquid light. my vision went forward out of my body through the ceiling and then suddenly I saw the vision I described! Do I believe I actually left my body? No I don't as I can attribute
all the sensations I experienced to my environment and my condition prior to, during and after the episode. But heck it sure was fun and I would love to be able to will myself to do this on command and not have to go through the sleep nightmare ect process. I wonder if there is any way in the world to repeatedly induce a safe OoBE?

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Disclaimer: I am a theist.

Hi ElectricUncleSam, you say and I quote "Anyway, to get back to the point, the experience felt a lot like I was getting ready to have an OBE... Has anyone else had this experience while using Salvia (or other) or similar feelings during an OBE?". Yes I have but it was as I woke up from a nightmare. I was paralyzed physically and was fully conscious and my mind
instantly panicked and jumped at the exciting thought of being ravaged by a succubus (it was all in my mind I tell you though LOL!) so I ultra willed myself to move and suddenly I felt a million fold larger than the confines of my physical carcass and yet I still felt it lying there on my bed paralyzed as a marble statue (I define this as my OoBE). Suddenly like a stretched
rubber band being let go I sprung back into my body and amazingly I had full mobility again and sat bolt upright in bed in some state of physical distress and an overexcited emotional state and with fantastically expanded mental faculties (only momentarily though). The sensation of leaping out of my body felt like falling over forward except that I was lying on my back
and facing up towards the ceiling, my eyes were open through out the whole experience! and when I was out of my body all I could see was an vast ocean of shimmering silver gold rainbow liquid light. my vision went forward out of my body through the ceiling and then suddenly I saw the vision I described! Do I believe I actually left my body? No I don't as I can attribute
all the sensations I experienced to my environment and my condition prior to, during and after the episode. But heck it sure was fun and I would love to be able to will myself to do this on command and not have to go through the sleep nightmare ect process. I wonder if there is any way in the world to repeatedly induce a safe OoBE?

I'm getting ready to go to bed, but I remember listening to a guy talk about how certain drugs can induce this sort of state... I'll do some research and see if I can find the video... had to do with the brain and the chemicals in the brain... He also mentions how the brain produces all these types of chemicals as well which could induce the same state as if you took a substance... Interesting indeed, I also found Salvia is the most intense hallucinogen known by man, used by shamans back in the day for healing and meditation purposes... One reason the big GOV. wants to ban or make illegal Salvia....

Anyway, I'll update later hopefully with a link to that video...

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Sam ,the Bible calls this sort of activity sorcery...

And they did not repent of their murders or their sorceries or their sexual immorality or their thefts." Gr. pharmakeus); from pharmakon (a drug, i.e. spell-giving potion); a druggist ("pharmacist") or poisoner, i.e. (by extension) a magician: sorcerer. (Rev.9:21,)

The Sorcery Conspiracy

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Even though its completly legal to use, ats usually deletes posts on salvia unfortunatley, but good luck with your extra dimensional experiences

Also if you really want to leave this plain and go into different dimensions, sesory dep yourself by going into a quiet very dark room while taking salvia, Like a closet. Try it once, you will see

[edit on 26-4-2008 by 23Eulogy23]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
Even though its completly legal to use, ats usually deletes posts on salvia unfortunatley, but good luck with your extra dimensional experiences

Also if you really want to leave this plain and go into different dimensions, sesory dep yourself by going into a quiet very dark room while taking salvia, Like a closet. Try it once, you will see

[edit on 26-4-2008 by 23Eulogy23]

Ya no I honestly didn't like the effect I got... I thought it would be a lot different, but it was way too intense, more freaky than anything else... I would like to experience an OBE, but that is not what I was going for, I was simply surprised as to the intensity of this perfectly legal herb... I've had other things that were fun and you still have control of your surroundings, but this stuff takes you away and you don't come back for a few minutes... I've watched a lot of videos on this too and see plenty of "tough" guys thinking they can smoke this stuff end up on the ground rolling around in lala land... and just for the record, I'm not promoting this herb to anyone, use at your own risk, it's intense... Also I was just trying to grasp an idea of what I was feeling... Was it my soul, for lack of a better word, leaving my body?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

ElectricUncleSam you ask and I quote "Was it my soul, for lack of a better word, leaving my body? ". I say possibly but have no PROOF as such but I would like to suggest that if GOD is Omnipresent then maybe your soul expanded not beyond your body but just filled a bigger/greater body that is usually numb to your senses , maybe due to the brain restricting valid inputs?, and that the salvia or other chemical substances momentarily breaks down this inhibition.

Is there any current official scientific/medical investigation into proving the validity of OoBEs?

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
You should check out the trip reports on Erowid and such like for Salvia experiences. I myself have had quite a few experiences with Salvia that were reminiscent of OBE's, the feeling of moving down a tunnel and being jerked out of my body into a different realm and the feeling of sliding back into my body when the experience was over. I found these quite fascinating with quite a spiritual tone.

PLEASE NOTE:- I do not advocate the use of any hallucinogenic drug, legal or not. These substances are not for everyone nor should they be taken lightly.

G

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shihulud
PLEASE NOTE:- I do not advocate the use of any hallucinogenic drug, legal or not. These substances are not for everyone nor should they be taken lightly.

G

I agree, it's very intense, most people will have no idea what to expect... Including those who have done illegal hallucinogens... Did I say intense... Ok good...

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

What if when we are sleeping we were not just charging our own batteries.

I begin here today with the intent of describing my salvia experiences and hopefully to get some feedback about it.
ok first time i took salvia it blew my mind literally had me astounded for two days straight thinking how wild it was...here goes...out on the limb again.

It was 30x i take the pipe away boom hits me instantly before i fully extend my arm to my friend to take the pipe...meanwhile hes filming away & i would advise this as its very interesting to look back on(no light) ok so it wasn’t the best conditions i had just woke up and my mate was at my door unexpectedly with this new legal drug that made him giggle like mad he said...i was eager to see what this pineal gland inducing drug had to hold for me. literally didn’t know half the things i should have know about the mechanics of my own brain as i do now. but i digress, as i black out from this "reality" as we know it, it was as if I flew down like a camera but I did not see my self from outer body perspective was as if I was looking through my eyes or eye
coming from the sky and towards a dim lit orange landscape, and within that landscape as far as the eye could see there were these things growing from the ground looked to be about 8 9 foot tall and the best I could describe them would be to say they looked like giant thumbs with faces growing from the ground with electrical signals blasting from one to the other and on and on.. it was a constant surge of electricity between these things. I flew into one of these minds and boom im back! Still stuttering trying to explain but it was too much for me to comprehend all at once while still being affected by the drug it was like coming out of a dream and trying to remember everything…sometimes it takes time. My conclusion after two days of analysing everything I could I understood that what I had seen was entities creating universes or dimensions I don’t know inside their head they were creating something and I genuinely believe it was us and this world we are in & by the looks of things with the signals pinging between them it looked like they were helping each other mould everything.
So that was the spark that got my mind working at an incredible level I had never experience & changed the way I seen “reality” as we know it. To say the least I was sceptical about what the drug was actually doing to my brain to make me see something so out of this world but within if u know what I mean.

Almost 2 years later I hit 30x again & I honestly couldn’t comprehend the trip, its hard to explain but it was as if there was layers of this world and they started to crack at the seems and I got a glimpse of what was in-between & I will admit it was scary. I didn’t want to accept what I was seeing it was as if my body was trying to fight off what I was seeing…almost as if something inside of me was trying to get me to wake. Meanwhile the physical me was trying to stand up and walk about pointless and aimlessly, I seen layers upon layers of what looked to be like strips of fecknows what that was a part of something else and on those strips were mouths mine on one my sitters on another mine was not in place and all the others were horizontal to each other and it was as if I was trying to get in line and I could hear my someone telling me that’s it good, but supposedly my sitter wasn’t saying this, I also heard laughter in the background and this could have been him he hadn’t ever seen anyone trip before and perhaps he laughed sadly I did not record this and could not interpret this from the other side but the point is it felt as if these layers were stuck upon each other like stickers that fit together & that was literally our reality a formation of conciseness, and I seen the whole room start to come back together and the layers cracks disappeared in front of me…it was so real I tried to grap the edge of a layer as it sunk back into the wall but it was only wall there haha..............

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JAMiN

Couple days later I hit that shiznick again it was craaaaaaaazy I was faaar more conscious this time yet vividly tripping which was weird because all my past experiences I had dropped out this reality totally, although I was still here it was as if I wasn’t in all the other trips. Point is I started to get agitated I looked at the ground and seen what looked to be two faces one in my jacket on the floor and another on a pile of DVDs and books they were not clear it was just as if these inanimate objects were now alive and I felt pain for them as this was happening I was fumbling about in the corner of my mates room looking for something while repeating my mates name and holding my other arm out with my hand out like “stop” meanwhile my other arms searching about this pile of crap I didn’t know what or understand I was looking for something until I had found it…the book was face down and I did not see it before I picked it up( it was the only thing I picked up) It was an old Goosebumps book and as my mate asked me what happened because he thought I was coming out the trip, as he asked I picked up this book and turned it over and faced it to him as I looked at it my mind was blown by the coincidence of what was on the cover! it was a picture of a persons head that looked to be having a crazy dream or mental thought while a hand around either side of it & it was a clear sign to me that something was trying to show me there was a fight on for our minds or something I don’t know it sounds crazy but it was no accident I found that book with that picture…when my mate asked me that thing, these faces I seen literally lead me to this book, the book is meaningless as far as im concerned but the picture was exactly how I felt.

My conclusion to this point is that what I seen was the world is made up of layers of some sort layers that are conscious yet limited in movement & product of experience is their choice & they are the walls the air the light everything & it seemed to me that they are fighting for something & need support I genuinely think that reason is to keep this whole world glued together. I think that there are people out there that have mastered this realm of consciousness and have been trying or have infiltrated this dimension already It sounds crazy but these are just interpretations I would love to hear yours cheers may the fourthce of may be with u haha

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
These kinds of drugs may be affecting the right side of the brain where the idea of nirvana, bliss, enlightenment and things like that are held. The left side of the brain is the logic side. I was listening to a lady yesterday who is a neurologist. She had a stroke on the left side of her brain and when her left brain shut down, she was functioning on her right brain. That's when she got feelings of blissfulness, nirvana, spirituality, etc. because her logic side was offline.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Hate to donald bump but imma just leave this here....

One thing to be very conscious of with Salvia, is that it reduces your will - and causes you to be very vulnerable to walk-ins.

If you're fairly balanced, experienced with Salvia/psychedelics, and strong willed already - you should be safe/okay.
maybe get experienced to low doses first, since it has a reverse tolerance (you need less and less as you go along, as opposed to something like marijuana where you need more)

First time I took Salvia I was lucky to have a very powerful spirit watching over me (the trinity), or else in that state with my Will bypassed, the dark force that showed up (demiurge) could have very easily just taken my Soul.

Of course if you don't believe in this, and think it's just a hallucination, then that's okay too.

But if that is the case, the overwhelming sudden ego-death could cause you some serious psychological discomfort.
psychedelics are best eased into slowly, and very much dependent on your frame of mind.
[i.e A saint would have a wonderfully enlightening and realizing experience, and a sinner would have a hellish nightmare]

even if consciously you feel like you're invincible, your subconscious, unconscious, and superconscious may beg to differ...

top topics

join