It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
I knew you couldn't show proof but you have to agree that Ezekiel and Moses both had some sort of contact that goes more to spaceships rather than someone floating around on a cloud.

Oh i do concur.

My reason for my belief that God won't pitch up in a ufo is based only on my faith. I have tried to understand "omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence" and have so stepped aside as i cannot comprehend His way. I have stopped asking questions when it comes to "How, Why?".

To me God is just too BIG to get into a ship and travel while i have to accept the fact in my life that He is Omnipresent.

I also tried to say in my first response that though people in the time of Moses and Ezekiel may not have known what a plane looked like surely had knowledge and personal experiences we can only dream about. So where they lacked in the science area they had knowledge on things unknown to us on the spiritual side of things. So i believe that whoever wrote the scripture meant it in a way we are still trying to decode.

I will say though, if God does arrive in a craft i do not care as long as i may join the crew.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I have stopped asking questions when it comes to "How, Why?".

Never stop seeking answers, how are you going to learn?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Are you saying the bible is wrong? And who was flying the ship that led Moses out of Egypt?

Well, if you where to look at the bible you will find that it is a man written text and it is wrong from start to finish. We see in the bible what they wanted us to see. I do not know if God is real or not, but I for one believe that Alien life form is real and has visited us from many a moon ago.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

We see in the bible what they wanted us to see

I agree with all you said and I still think the bible is more for control.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:36 AM
link   

I have stopped asking questions when it comes to "How, Why?".

Never stop seeking answers, how are you going to learn?

Sorry misunderstanding, i am bad at explaining things. It was more questions i asked Him while meditating and waiting for answers to pop up on the net or somewhere. I was seeking signs and was greedy as i took God on in my personal life then got sorted out.

I will never stop research, study..as a fact that must improve, i need to go out of my way to seek on earth what i can do to get closer to that trip, and help when asked or where i can. My curiosity will not stop and as the bible says ..

1 Thess. 5:21
Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Cheers!!

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Sorry misunderstanding, i am bad at explaining things.

Not a problem for me as I too have a problem at times in that area, we all do.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I had always assumed God was supposed to be omipresent. If God is everywhere at once then there is no need to "arrive" at a point. An omnipresent and omnipotent God could only function as such if not restrained by space and time like we are. No spaceships required! Therefore what is detailed in the Bible is either God's way of getting the undivided attention of a human OR not God at all but something extraterrestrial or extradimensional.

This, of course, is the arguement I would use if I was a believer. To me it is all clever mythology but I am open to being proven otherwise. At this point I remain agnostic on the subject.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The thing about visions and dreams is that they come from the land of the unconscious mind. I'm not reducing dreams and visions to meaningless nothings, but raising them and most activity in them to the world of the spirit. Yes, we go to the spirit world every night when we sleep. Sometimes the spirit world of the unconscious mind trickles through to our waking state and we have a vision. All things from what we consider the "otherside" - the spirit world - exist in the unconscious realm of our mind. Could Moses have seen God on the mountain top? Sure. Could he have seen a space craft and called it God? Sure. All things are possible in the dream world where truth resides. Trying to understand the reality of the dream world with our limited conscious minds is not possible. It can't handle the truth. Only small portions of it.

I think it has been higher beings that have guided us all along Mankind's journey. Maybe there is a God and maybe these beings are his foot soldiers doing his will. Maybe the angels and demons of the worlds religions are ETs. Whether there is one God presiding over all the known and unknown I can not say. I believe there are higher powers that are guiding our entire evolutionary process. Some for, some against. I think the religions of the world are inspired by those higher beings to help us in the journey and some of those beings use those inspiration for good, some for evil. Just like us humans.

Just because myths and visions come from the dream world doesn't mean they aren't vessels for truth. But maybe now we are coming to a point in evolution where we are ready for a further explanation of what is going on in our existence. Maybe beings from the otherside, angels, demons, God, ET, things of the dreamworld, are going to start becoming a part of our conscious reality. Freaky............. Yep. All at once............. I doubt it. It would cause mass psychosis. Is mankind ready to start to understand what the dreamstuff of the Bible and other religions are about? With our next step of travel into space, I think it will become evident. It will be a pleasant dream to some. A nightmnare to others.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Maybe I haven't explained it clearly enough. It is the triunity God that
explains the use of a "Space Ship". All thought Christ could fly like super man thought space.
God the father, is every where; and we all have are life and being in him.
God the Son, is the central point of God's consciousness.
The Holy Spirit, I can best describe, as the hands of God.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaznational
I had always assumed God was supposed to be omipresent. If God is everywhere at once then there is no need to "arrive" at a point. An omnipresent and omnipotent God could only function as such if not restrained by space and time like we are. No spaceships required! Therefore what is detailed in the Bible is either God's way of getting the undivided attention of a human OR not God at all but something extraterrestrial or extradimensional.

This, of course, is the arguement I would use if I was a believer. To me it is all clever mythology but I am open to being proven otherwise. At this point I remain agnostic on the subject.

I would say that if there is an omni God who is everywhere at all times he would be the entire process. The ETs, humans, the universe, spacecraft, plant life, etc. He would need us to be as we are and ET to be as they are and everything to be just as it is, because it is God. God is all of it at all times. So, does God need a spacecraft? Yes and no. God is the spacecraft as well as everything before and after the need for a spacecraft. It's all a necessary part of the whole endless picture.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

How do you know that which is being described is a space ship?

There is no mention of space or space travel.

Look at the whole thing objectively and dont just assume it originates from space.

Even if I wasn't religious, my first thought wouldn't be it has to be a space ship. I would look at all possibilities.

One possibility would be that its from here. Maybe within the Earth.

Or it could be a Time Machine. Or from a Parallel Universe.

But those are the ideas I would have had before I was more Enlightened on the Subject.

Humans have been seeing things in the skies, in the seas and on the land that defy comprehension since we were here. They come in all shapes and sizes. At times they have appeared as gods, nymphs, angels, demons, jinn, faerie, and in more recent times as extraterrestrials. Thats not the only forms or phantoms that can manifest. They can manifest as ships, zeppelins, cars, balls of light, UFOs, and even the Virgin Mary.

These arn't "beings" from another planet. There are forces that exist that are beyond our comprehension, that we cannot test or experiment on, that scare the hell out of the people in power. Because deep down they know they are powerless. What we have been dealing with since our beginning more often than not, looks just like us. At times though it may look monstrous. It manages to always stay at least on some level where It/They can relate or connect, in order to make a psychological impact on its human observers. One example is people in the 1800s seeing blimp or zeppelin like airships. 50 years later objects that resemble stealth bombers are seen, after that it becomes discs and long cigar shaped objects. Recently many objects have been seen phasing and morphing. The forms that manifest are metamorphic. Modern UFOs change shape, sizes, and colors. They can fragment and merge. These are not nuts and bolts vessels from some other planet.

I suggest you research more, especially Dr.Vallee and Dr. Hynek. Look into the Paranormal aspects of UFOs and abductions. They have far more in common with Hauntings, Poltergeists, Possessions, and Ghosts than you would ever think. Mainly due to the reason that they are all part of a single anomalous phenomena.

So G-d doesn't need a Spaceship, though humans may need G-d to have one.

[edit on 28/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   

How do you know that which is being described is a space ship?

Prove it isn't!! I never said aliens or spacecraft came from another planet.
You have put up some good things to consider tho.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Why should I? Should I ask you to prove it is?

I laid out my viewpoint. I have a thread that goes into some detail's about the phenomena.

Here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Phenomena has little to do with aliens or spacecraft other than using them as "avatars". They are "alien" to us, as in they transcend us, but they are not biological entities.

Sitchin, Daniken, Strieber and Icke are all part of a memetic hyperreality perpetuated by the phenomena and/or people obfuscating what little information we have.

There has been good serious research done by Dr. Hynek and Dr. Vallee on the subject. The Military has seriously investigated the subject since the event over LA in 1942. There will be no disclosure. Unless people want to hear theories and hypotheses.

All we really have in the end is faith.

[edit on 28/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And thats the problem, no one has proof or we wouldn't be here discussing it. I will check out your thread, it sounds interesting

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by alienib

The Phenomena has little to do with aliens or spacecraft other than using them as "avatars". They are "alien" to us, as in they transcend us, but they are not biological entities.

Many spiritual systems refer in some way to advancing to a point of turning the biological body into a body of light. Pythagoras, Tibetans, Mexican sorcery, the Mayans, etc., etc. That body can then be physical, or energy, depending on the desire of the owner. E=mc2.

Jung was brilliant in his theories of the unconscious mind/archetypes. Especially with his conclusion that the unconscious mind IS the spirit world. Also in his conclusion that UFO's are symbols arising from the unconscious mind (spirit world) representing the wholeness of the psyche because they are often mandala-like. I wonder what he would propose if he were alive today?

Also, there is no way I would rule out biological beings from other planets considering the immensity of the universe. It would be foolish to think we are the only intelligent biological beings in this incomprehensibly vast universe and now with it's admittedly many dimensions.

All we really have in the end is faith.

Some have experience.

[edit on 28-4-2008 by zenfish]

[edit on 28-4-2008 by zenfish]

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
why does God eat? bible says we'll eat with God. He eats because he can. another thing to think about why was God looking for adam and asked him questions if he already knew where he was and knew what he did?
really, he communes with us on our level, where we are at. I'll also ask this, why does christ need a horse? revelations says he'll come on a horse. food for thought.....

Keeper

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
God does not need a spaceship because he has a transporter hidden
in his underwear. And Scotty just beams him wherever he thinks he
wants to go.

Why do you need a spaceship when you've got magical transporter
underwear? The only problem is you've got Scotty down there
yelling "It's overheatin down here, Captain!" Especially after God farts.

posted on Jun, 19 2008 @ 11:08 PM
link   
God doesn't need a spaceship. It was aliens (the watchers) that were trying to guide humankind as they have done from the beginning, as it appears many of you have already surmised. Without their help, we would still be a bunch of mindless savages. And since God doesn't interfere with our free will, it would take a lot longer for humans to figure things out and develop on our own, if it even could be done on our own without any help.

The watchers are only concerned with our advancement as a species because that's what they do. They simply don't think as the averge human does on our planet. They aren't ruled by their ego and own selfish desires as most of us are. But they aren't gods. They are just a species of life that have never had to start over so often as we humans have, so naturally they would be far more advanced technologically. I'm really amazed we've made it this far as a species.

There may be good and bad aliens, but from what i've been taught the good one's (the watchers) keep the bad one's away from our planet at this time. And the really bad one's aren't even interested in us, luckily. Why the good guys didn't help us in the past, and some bad guys slipped through, I don't know. Maybe they were off seeding life in other systems at that point in our history. But these bad aliens were eventually removed.

There are more of the watchers, and other good alien species, around these days due to the nuclear threat, the monitoring of us due to increased pollution levels, the coming earth changes and that we are now entering into a new age of peace and enlightenment. They're here to help guide us through, if we need it this time around. And they are here for a possible exodus, if it should come to that.

As for the recommendation to look into Neale Donald Walsch, sure if you like listening to someone's ego pretending to be God.

[edit on 19-6-2008 by tinfoil hatter]

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
God in his existance does not need an approval of men, he is the omnipotent God, almighty father who created heavens and earth, without him nothing was made that exist today, who could have made the mountains and skies? Allah? Wrong. The is a God who never sleeps nor slumbers he watches over his word to perform it, he is the author of life and seats at the throne of grace, may his peace be with you and his word be like a light under your feet, be thou blessed as you experience Jesus in your life. Growing in a christian family was a good thing but however knowing Christ is an excellent thing you can ever have in this Life. Shalom.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

It was a pilar of fire that led Moses out of Egypt. God, was manifested in the fire that they followed. `I don't believe God needs a space ship, but I agree that it sounds like something out of Star Wars. It sure got old Ezekiel's attention!

Peace,
Grandma

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join