It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Personally I'm fine with intelligent design which would still take a creator. To me that serves the same purpose. That makes a lot more sense than springing up out of dirt like an ear of corn. However I'm sure that certain molecules were needed and found here on our planet.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by EverythingYouDespise

There's no such thing as actual, omnipotent gods. However, there have been many instances throughout history of primitive people misinterpreting as gods people or beings from a more technologically and culturally-advanced society. That could be the case here.

It could be that we culturally update visions of god, angels and demons as aliens. What example are there of Primitive people misinterpreting aliens for gods.....it is us today re-interpreting these older texts, artworks, stories with what todays science now says is possible ie. advanced species from other planets.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienib
I really don't mean to make anyone mad or upset...just looking for answers that most run from

The bible was written by men (sorry ladies but highly unlikely a woman would get anywhere near religious scripture back then). It is full of parables and stories. Some have a basis in historical events, much is simply to make a point to the dumb flock who need guidance.

Now roll forward to today. If you are either fearful of your own mortality and wish for something beyond death and/or cannot accept that just because you don't how something works it must be God (!) then the bible, or whatver book is prevelant where you were born, is for you.

The rest of us will LEARN and admit we don't know everything but the explanation is most certainly not some mythical being up in the sky.

Have you all seen a survey of belief in evolution by country? US citizens should be hanging their head in shame when they see where they lie and the countries with same level of non belief in evolution. That in itself should be a wake up call......hmmm maybe we are taking this bible nonsense a bit too literally.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Ezekiel had a vision from God which many interpret as UFO's or spaceships. Wrong. Just as God couldn't let Moses see his face and live, neither could Ezekiel. Thats why God gave him a vision of His power & glory instead.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Vision or not he described it as a ufo and that was no vision Moses had. That same "God" led him out of Egypt from the sky. If Gods hindquarters is his "power and glory" Then thats saying his ass is the greatest thing about him. What nonsense man has penned to the bible or is that just a story since most think the bible isn't literal.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I haven't read this entire thread so forgive me if someone has suggested this.

If God is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (everywhere at all times), omnipotent, (does everything), then it's not that God needs a spaceship to show up. But it is that a certain part of the omni everything (God), a part of God at a certain level of evolution, uses a spaceship to cruise around inside his everythingness. Maybe we, as parts of God, will soon get to that phase of evolution ourselves. A couple of hundred years, maybe? THe ET part of God just happened to get there thousands, or maybe millions for some, years before mankind.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   

If God is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (everywhere at all times), omnipotent, (does everything),

I have a problem with that too as some of the lost books claim that Michael and a lesser angel had to go tell God what the 300 watchers had created...does that mean he didn't know? It's obvious that God didn't know the 300 was going to rebel as they were left to watch over the earth and humanity.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

what space ship?

cheers

david

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I find this quite interesting although I do not know much about these things, it seems that long ago et's did take part in things, In ancient egyptian markings that were found clearly depicted helicopters, airplanes, spaceships and even light bulbs.
All these things seem new to us don't they?
Now where are they seeing helicopters and spaceships when we see it that they didn't have any or know of any at that time.

Well i'm just trying to bring up some points of interest if I can, considering i'm not an expert at all this but honestly, they have found pictures depicting people with heads of birds and reptiles and many other creatures of the sort.
People have claimed that aliens and such helped make the pyramids.
Some people say that god created everything but how exactly is that possible, as I see it they say human beings are related to the primates.
So where do these so called gods come from?
Well they say extra terrestrials are fallen angels and things of the sort and these beings I believe can go from other worlds and dimensions and such and that there really is unicorns and people with wings and such.

The dinosaurs are no longer here and people believe they may return, as they say we are related to primates as we are to cavemen and such, I have noticed similarities between these so called extra terrestrials and many other beings like the dinosaurs to animals as well as us.
The bible isn't entirely accurate and incomplete and I don't exactly see what it has to do with spaceships but how could a god go against the forces of nature exactly?

People consider magick and Alchemy and things like that as some sort of science as well, It's not like it's that simple just to mindlessly look at something snap your fingers and create it or transform it or anything.
Things like the loch ness monster and many others actually remain here on earth as earth has many names that it has been called gaia, Tiamat and other names people have assumed adam and eve's names to be adamu and eva.
But as a lot of you have probably seen i'm not really an expert i'm just trying to bring up some points of interest and opinion to talk about on this topic.
So what exactly would a god do with a spaceship, in my opinion the god or godess would use it as transportation, but there had to be some advancement in creating such things perhaps a beings race got smarter as time passed on, like us.
Well I still have much to study, But I could go on and on about this topic but i'll just leave it at this...

[edit on 26-4-2008 by shadow15]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
He doesnt need a spaceship, God's got an Arc.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienib

If God is omniscient (all knowing), omnipresent (everywhere at all times), omnipotent, (does everything),

I have a problem with that too as some of the lost books claim that Michael and a lesser angel had to go tell God what the 300 watchers had created...does that mean he didn't know? It's obvious that God didn't know the 300 was going to rebel as they were left to watch over the earth and humanity.

Maybe there is no "God" per se and these stories people take for absolute truth are just metaphors, myths, parables, hints, inspired by higher beings to nudge humanity in the right direction. I'm sure some of them have been manipulated to the point of where their meaning is now the opposite of their original intent.

ET is Mankind's pregenitor and religious stories are like instruction books for preschoolers. THey provide a moral guideline teaching humans to make the best choices with their freewill. But, as you know, after thousands of years of ignorant and fanatical interpretation by us preschoolers many religious stories can mean almost anything manipulating humans want them to mean.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Maybe he likes to travel in STYLE!

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Maybe he likes to travel in STYLE!

I'm sure IF God exists he would travel in style

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Hi. I'm not sure whether this is just a light-hearted thread or whether the OP is seeking a plausible answer.

Ezekiel had a vision of God's throne. He struggles to describe what he saw as it was beyond his wildest dreams and not of this world.

I think I know where you're coming from when you interpret the description as some kind of spaceship. There does seem to be some kind of logic to suggesting this man who lived in antiquity must have been observing something based on technology beyond his understanding. However this is pure speculation, and it requires reading into the text something that really isn't there.

If you really wish to get to the bottom of what was going on you need to take into account the genre of the literature, which is prophetic revelation. Such literature is rich in symbolic figures and pictures.

You also need to take into consideration the intent of the author. In this case the clear intent is to relay the message that God is on his throne, and that even a mysterious, (possibly symbolic) portrayal of his throne just blows the mind...

Sorry if I seem like a party-pooper. I know passages like this seem strange to the modern reader. The irony is they seemed strange to contemporary readers, and - even more ironically - to the writer himself.

And it goes without saying that the overall context is the entire Bible, which describes God as a spirit who pervades all space and time in terms of his perception (while necessarily remaining independent of the space/time continuum, seeing as it is just something he put together as a temporary project...)

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well, surely what they call a god exists, But why exactly do they call them "Gods" or "Father"?
Many beliefs and cultures believe in different gods, For example the sky god Horus, one of the few I remembered but still, In my opinion the only thing that regularly made everything is negative and positive and light and darkness and how everything is formed is made up of the dimensions but how so exactly.
We can't be sure of religion considering how each story is and all and how long ago all of this is taking place in most people belief of religion, but what ticks me off about this is the people who are against eachother because one side of the story is different and don't really look at the facts hard enough.
Now why exactly are they called Father, I don't think many people have figured that?

Sorry for getting a little off topic from where I started but there are sky gods, Thunder Gods and many others as said, where do all of them come from?

I'm not sure but I thought I heard somewhere in History that people have simply mistaken regular people for gods before.
Now, as said some of these gods were good people or whatever they were probably were as said but there's obviously some missing pieces in which I believe some are hidden from us but likely that they're normally kept secret to regular people for good reason.

Now I believe that there is a bridge between the living and the dead here cause if they were normal they would have died physically already.
Unless they did something and temporarily left like Elvis Presley, lol, I'm just kidding but yeah.
The replies i've seen since my last post here have gotten me wondering about astrology now and how it effects lives there are gods specifically titled for the planets, Has anyone wondered exactly how they got there names or their place around us?
It's rumored that such beings exist like alien gods,like war gods, etc.
They say some are still here on earth also known as Tiamat and Gaia.
Some people say that Nibiru is planet x and so on...
Indians were said to be able to do rain dances and such, that familiarly goes against the forces of nature you'd think.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree that the bible is nothing more than colorful stories and a possible guide thru life to maintain a certain display of behavour for a certain amount of the earths populace. That being said, then the book of revelations is nothing more than the ravings of a man against those that exiled him to a barren island. So I am sure at this point that none of the prophecies in revelations will ever happen

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:02 AM
link   
People those years (6/7000 years ago) know more than what we do this day. They may not have known what a plane looks like but have had numerous encounters with God and the spiritual side, not seeing Him but knowing His power. As we know He is so Awesome we cannot look at Him directly, the only reason He will be "covered" for our protection

Why does He need a spaceship? He does not. We do not know what Omnipotence is, we think we do but we don't. If we see something weird we describe that us WOW! The most simplest of things in the Spiritual/ET side are the reasons why we are on ATS, so we cannot know what being Almighty really is. It's beyond us.

Maybe demons created (a) race/s who needs spacecrafts or as mentioned gods but He is The God Of gods, Lord Of lords. I do agree on someone's reply we would never know only partially, i know we will know when it's time. Sit back, relax, take this short journey on earth and live an eternal great life.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Why does He need a spaceship? He does not

Please show me some kind of proof and not the candy coated version from some minister you have listened to.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

I don't have candy coated versions, luckily

I also do not follow flesh as i do not trust all who say they are believers of God.

My proof is Spiritual, Faith in The Trinity. I cannot supply proof which you know very well. I can ask you show me proof that He will arrive in a ufo and you will take phrases from the bible which are amazing i agree but no man can explain it in all honesty.

As i said at above post "i agree to someone's reply that we will never know but only partially, we will know when the time is on hand.

So that should have told i cannot supply the rock solid proof. I do believe in ufo's but my personal opinion on God is that we cannot comprehend His Power and ufo's is way too low for His Greatness. And as we believe in ufo's we must also think of the shot down ufo's, can man shoot God down?

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I knew you couldn't show proof but you have to agree that Ezekiel and Moses both had some sort of contact that goes more to spaceships rather than someone floating around on a cloud.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join