It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why does God need a spaceship?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
You are right about that but in the same manor at creation he may have used the same tactic. I also find it hard to believe that there was only Adam and Eve. Cain was driven out of his homeland and built cities...no doubt that he needed help but from where?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

Damn! You beat me too it !!

I was thinkign exactly the same thing when i saw the title of this thread !!
Good old James T Kirk. !!
Anyhow back to the question. I dont think God needs a spaceship. Back in the Bible and other texts visiting ailens on their "wheeled chariots of fire" were mistaken for gods. God/Supreme being would need a vechicle. If He wanted to appear to us we would all know about it at once. Oh i dont know how, maybe turn the Sun on and off like a light switch or some other cosmic event or even come in the form of a human being. But no space ships would be needed. That is for other life forms in the universe to use! Then again the Supreme Being might have a sense of humour and hitch a ride. Who knows !!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienib

Revelations states that near the end of this age Knowledge will explode and it has done that also the bible states that all things are possible.
It is with great hope for all mankind that God is what he says he is or what man has been led to believe anyway.

I think it is important that you bring up the Revelations. I think it would be fairer to say that, John, a man, states in revelations. As that is what we are told happened. "Revelations" the book simply did'nt materialise. It was a re-telling of dreams and visions claimed to be witnessed by John, a man. Who, according to historians, was in exile from the church of early christianity on the greek island of patmos, and there is speculation that it was this that inspired the wrath in revelations. It is also noted by historians that John written greek text differs from many of his other writings.....but that might be another discussion. But i think it is important to investigate the origins and source of any text......especially if it is claimed as the "very word of God", would you not agree.
It is also important to note that Revelations is not the only apocolyptic writing from the bible or even for the era it was written in, as they were common for those times when persecution was extremely prevelent. But Revelations is the most widely known and quoted. Why not mention Ezra. Perhaps it is because we cannot easily transfer it into todays scenarios and thus justify its importance and meaning in the expression of our personal beliefs which are sourced from a popular text. More Transference? Or perhaps our philosophical and ideological projections onto a current cultural landscape.

Central to this mode of interpretation is the view that Revelation, along with most of the rest of the Bible constitutes a similar type of "prophecy" of the future, and it often refers to this overall scheme of interpretation as "Bible prophecy." Much of the interpretation that comes from this perspective involved linking various passages from different parts of the Bible to form a composite that fits current and future expectations. This mode of interpretation is also directly connected to the rise of pre-millenialism, the view that the 1,000 year reign of Christ will be a literal event that will occur only after Christ returns. Thus, the emphasis on interpreting Revelation, lies in equating its images with those events surrounding the return. Several different versions or systems have been proposed for how the actual events will work out.

www.pbs.org...

If we are going to use books in the bible as a Guide to the nature of God and the his use of spacecraft, we have to look at them all. If God needs a spaceship why ,in the Gospel according to Thomas, did jesus say..." "I am the Light that falls on all things. I am the All. From Me the All has gone out and to Me the All came back. Cleave a piece of wood, and I am there. Lift up a stone, and You will find Me there."
www.celestialsong.com... .....more of this book for those so inclined.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
You are in the same boat as everyone else
The bible does state that satan can mimic Gods powers so now we have good aliens vs bad aliens and we don't have enough info to tell the difference.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

But i think it is important to investigate the origins and source of any text......especially if it is claimed as the "very word of God", would you not agree.

Well my friend thats what I'm doing or trying to do. I said earlier that all we have is "the word ". I want to know about the being that gave us that word and to do that I need the complete story and not just the hand picked bible that you buy off the shelf.
The gospel of Thomas and Peter and the rest of the lost books shed more light but still not enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

It is a mystery and thats why I am digging for the truth as to who and what God is. We have his "word " and thats about the end of it.

"He who believes to know the All but not himself falls completely short." www.hyperhistory.net...
Sura 42:51-52
"It is not fitting for a man that Allah should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil, or by the sending of a Messenger to reveal, with Allah's permission, what Allah wills: for He is Most High, Most Wise. And thus have We, by Our command, sent inspiration to thee: thou knewest not (before) what was Revelation, and What was Faith; but We have made the (Qur'an) a Light, wherewith We guide such of Our servants as We will..." www.debate.org.uk...
How the jews view god.....www.jewfaq.org...
Look and you shall find?
"Let him who seeks not cease to seek until he finds : when he finds, he will become troubled. When he is troubled, he will wonder, and he will reign over the All." www.celestialsong.com...

[edit on 24-4-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:19 AM
link   
The Qur'an a worthwhile read also. I have often thought that if I had all the holy books and tore all the pages out then placed them all in order by events that the story would unveil the truth.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Well my friend thats what I'm doing or trying to do. I said earlier that all we have is "the word ". I want to know about the being that gave us that word and to do that I need the complete story and not just the hand picked bible that you buy off the shelf.
The gospel of Thomas and Peter and the rest of the lost books shed more light but still not enough.

Well, welcome two the 2000 yer old club.
As that is how long people have been searching "the words", the visions, the miracles, etc. You might consider the Koran, some might say the sumerian texts, it could be possible the Bible is also an updated version of other ancient history.......pagan myths (hehe this might start a few arguements, throw in a few beers and you might start a riot). Oral tradition, clay and cuneiform, papyrus, hieroglyphics, hieratic scripts, and then Parchment, scrolls and codex, roman codices......get the picture......lots of writings, lots of Gods, God. Can you just read one, two, three, four. hehe.
When does history start, at the start of the bible.......when does geography start, when does politics start, when does religion start, when does God Start.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I am but one and I'm trying to read all of them
In my opinion politics started on day one...whatever day that was
All the more reason to think of it as a conspiracy

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   

But i think it is important to investigate the origins and source of any text......especially if it is claimed as the "very word of God", would you not agree.

IMHO..you need to read the trilogy, "Conversations with God" by Neale Donald Walsch. The truth in those 3 books will enlighten you to your highest level, free your mind and spirit, and fill you with the knowledge and incite you seek.

There is only one God force which is the design and supplier of all things, But, there are many "gods"... And we are one.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'll try that book on your suggestion. I have no doubt of but one God force. So far I have found things like lesser this or major that mostly in angels. So it makes sense that we have major Gods and lesser Gods... and folks want to know where politics started?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   

I will say that you are correct...we and God need a spaceship to travel from star to star

Not exactly.

It depends on what needs to be done in this dimension but God (or Gods) can travel inter-dimensionally and this travel is instantaneous as there is no such thing as distance or time.

You're being too literal and three-dimensional.

This is not how the beings you talk about primarily live and consequently is the true state of our own souls.

_ Lee

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I have read of the possibility of ten dimensions but the problem is we have yet to travel sideways. I'm sure that God can travel thru several.
That just makes me want to know more about who and what he is.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:30 AM
link   

I'll try that book on your suggestion. I have no doubt of but one God force. So far I have found things like lesser this or major that mostly in angels. So it makes sense that we have major Gods and lesser Gods... and folks want to know where politics started?

hehe.....well you could say that luicifer and God had a falling out of party policy and leadership, so good old beelzebub formed the Demoncrats....hehe.....sorry....poor joke. hehe.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   

well you could say that luicifer and God had a falling out of party policy and leadership, so good old beelzebub formed the Demoncrats

Not a bad joke at all and for all I know thats the first foiled political coup!

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Start with the oldest texts up to the newest texts, and you will easily see what is going on.
For one, the Vedas are pretty blatant at times about what is going on, multiple universes, space beings, gods, dimensional shape shifters, and the one God.

When reading from oldest to newest, also take into account the sorts of politics and or the general mindset of men in any given region/time.

I'd like to say, there is only one religion, and if you read all the sacred texts its pretty clear what it is, and anything that lays outside of it is mans doing. Divine intervention is pretty easy to spot, your heart should tell you so.

The typical bible, seems to me, they chose what they chose because they know that the majority wont take the steps required to understand what really went on/the depths of the mind/soul, so in order to save the most souls they simplified it and deemed going the other way about understanding as evil, since the other way, if you stop half way, your in a worse position to understand than someone who just has faith in Jesus and thats the end of it, in fact, to just have faith in Jesus and that be the end of it, will get you to the same place taking the longer route in full will get you, salvation. But one must go all the way, stopping short is to purposely fail. You'll KNOW when you KNOW.

You probably visit this site, but here is a great place to find sacred writings from all over the world: www.sacred-texts.com they also have a time line of when all of them were written so you can read them chronologically if you please

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I'll look at the site, thanks for the link. A question...what would you say or think if all mankind went to heaven, saved or not?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Id say that makes perfect sense. Because, eventually, everything has to cycle back though Gods infinity, and when we come out the other side, its a new cycle of incarnations or emanations.

I think at a certain level we have individual souls, then at other levels there is no soul just collective energy/intension/purpose and at the ultimate source, all is one, there is no sense of individuality just pure non existing existence. From there the process starts over. (maybe) perhaps God will decide we all just need to be one and never fall separate again, but this I doubt, since eternal is God, and finite is time, and God knows we'll all be liberated at some point in time, so either way, its the same hat.

Trust me, that description fails in about as many ways as it implies it knows, so just have faith that you cant escape God, and no matter where you go, you'll know what you are supposed to do. AT some point, you may find yourself realizing that you are God pretending to be Alienib and I am God pretending to be psychedeliack. In a nutshell.... Thats just how I look at everything, even my computer is God pretending to be the desk and everything else! ITS AWESOME!!!! PRAISE GOD!!! Love and light to you all, I must visit the wizard again...

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   

wrong answer, when Ezekiel spoke to the being that came out of the spaceship he called him his God

There's no such thing as actual, omnipotent gods. However, there have been many instances throughout history of primitive people misinterpreting as gods people or beings from a more technologically and culturally-advanced society. That could be the case here.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by alienib

Am I wrong. Or are most of you only comfortable with a creator-less universe? You seem to be fine with every piece of information in the
Bible. As long as it doesn't frame the existence of a Creator!

Again, God doesn't need a star ship to protect himself. He could have many other purposes for one. Like to relate to his subjects with.
IF your mentality is limited by "Star Trek", well, then God help you!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join