It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President McCain...inevitable...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

thanks for the reply,

Why should the United States not have Israel's interests in mind in the Middle East?

thanks for the history lesson but where do we draw the line here ? by having Israel's interest in mind and spending billions on the Iraq war we have put this country (U.S.A.) in the line of fire and set up our economy for financial ruin.

spending billions to protect Israel is political and financial suicide imo. bombing Iran seems to be the next step in protecting Israel and i dont see how this can be rationalized. i see WW3 coming because of our interest in the middle east.

so I do believe McCain would be the best choice among the current candidates to defend our interests in the Middle East.

if you view the USA as the world police force than yes he is the best choice out of the three.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Well quite frankly the United States is only the police force through NATO and the UN, it's not just the United States involved in the Middle East. I'm sure you are familiar with the issues in Iraq in the 1990s such as the oil embargo. The United States, as much as we would like to believe, is not the only country to blame for the current situation in the Middle East. Many of the problems wouldn't exist if Israel didn't exist though, which is a very bad thing to say in reality, but when you look at the region, you realize a lot of problems stem from the conflicting political and religious ideologies that Israel and the Arab nations have with each other.

Another thing you have to realize is that, yes it may have been a mistake to invade Iraq and take action the way we did, but we did do it, so we have to deal with it. One reason Bush Sr. didn't overthrow Saddam when he sent troops to Iraq was to avoid having to stay in Iraq to setup a new government and prevent militias from competing for power and a potential take over by the Iranian government. We're faced with that exact problem now as Bush Jr. did take it upon himself to execute Saddam. If we elect a president that withdraws the United States armed forces from Iraq, we may very well face the consequences of Iran taking over the former country of Iraq and from there, attacking Israel without a doubt. If we can at least remain as a threat in the Middle East, we have a chance to prevent anything catastrophic from happening, especially in regards to keeping Iran and Iraq separated. That is one reason I believe McCain is the right choice in this election (unless a third party candidate rises up who actually knows how to handle this situation as well as domestic issues).

P.S. I do not actually think any of the potential presidents, being Obama, Clinton, and McCain, have the ability to lead the country out of the current turmoil and potential crises, but we have to make due with what we're handed I suppose.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Cpt. Monty

thanks for your post, and i totally agree with your analysis of the quagmire that wont be going away anytime soon without WW3 breaking out.

Many of the problems wouldn't exist if Israel didn't exist though, which is a very bad thing to say in reality, but when you look at the region, you realize a lot of problems stem from the conflicting political and religious ideologies that Israel and the Arab nations have with each other.

how many millions have died because of this political and religious arguments ? will it ever end ?

Despite the fact that the Temple Mount is Judaism's holiest site, much of the media has stressed its importance to Muslims (the third holiest behind Mecca and Medina) while ignoring or downplaying the very legitimate Jewish religious and historical connection to the site, which preceeds Muslim attachments by 1500 years. Despite ridiculous Palestinian claims that a Jewish Temple never existed on the site (which would negate both Jewish and Christian history), its identity with the location of Solomon's Temple is beyond dispute.

www.honestreporting.com...
Temple Mount Truths

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
so you might as well get use to hearing and seeing " PRESIDENT McCAIN "

I REALLY don't see that happening. It will be a dem ... at first I thought it was a 'for sure' with Hillary. But now I'm thinking it will be Obama. But it definately won't be McCain. I really, really, doubt it.

Even if it was ... cheer up ... the guy is as old as dirt and won't be running for reelection.

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
McCain didn't say he wanted to keep troops in Iraq for a hundred years. That is a flat out lie.

You are absolutely right. He DID NOT say that at all.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The main problem with the US is that it has a rediculously long election process. This requires potential candidates to raise enormous amounts of money to keep their campaign going. As a result the elected president is burdened with favours they have to repay. Because the Jewish lobby is such a large contributor to campaigns, they end up having a lot of favours owed to them. The president wouldn't want to disobey them once in power, because they would withdraw support for future campaigns. This is why Bush has not made any progress in the Palestinian peace process, because it would hurt McCain's campaign.

But it's not just the Jewish lobby, you also have the Christian lobby and many business lobbies, trade unionists, and don't forget how both Bill and Hillary Clinton have received secret donations from the Chinese military. /sarcasm on The worst case of all though would be how Ron Paul received a ~$500 donation from a racist!! /sarcasm off.

If you compare the US election to the Australian election. In Australia the prime minister announced the election for a certain weekend, we had a choice of two very different people/parties, on that saturday everyone voted and the result was known by about 5pm that afternoon. Of course there was some advertising for a few weeks, which was paid for by, on one side: the trade unions, and on the other: big business.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
2 of the 3 canidates appear to be NWO affiliated. It is one of those two canidates that will be pushed (or casually inserted) as President to further NWO objectives. That is to say, the continuity of forming and enforcing the North American Union by 2010.

Can you guess which canidate isn't NWO? Below may give you a clue:

Clintons - income last year, 109 million$
Obama - income last year, 9 million$
McCain - income last year, 258,000$

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks for your post,

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
McCain didn't say he wanted to keep troops in Iraq for a hundred years. That is a flat out lie.

You are absolutely right. He DID NOT say that at all.

umm.....sorry to tell you all this but he did say it......

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - McCain: 100 years in Iraq "would be fine with me"

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - John McCain and his 100 Years War

he says a presence in Iraq for a hundred years would be fine with him.

does he really believe that U.S. troops can stay in Iraq and not get shot at ?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
We'll be lucky if there are any Humans left anywhere in 100 yrs. the way things are going.

Buy your Moon colony housing first chance you get.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
2 of the 3 canidates appear to be NWO affiliated. It is one of those two canidates that will be pushed (or casually inserted) as President to further NWO objectives. That is to say, the continuity of forming and enforcing the North American Union by 2010.

Can you guess which canidate isn't NWO? Below may give you a clue:

Clintons - income last year, 109 million$
Obama - income last year, 9 million$
McCain - income last year, 258,000$

thanks for your post,

you forgot to mention Mrs. McCain did not want to realease her income statements recently. she is worth more than all of them put together. her family runs a distrubution center for Budweiser beer.

The candidate's spouse runs an investment portfolio of an estimated $36.6 million to $53.4 million and chairs one of the nation's largest beer distributorships.

articles.moneycentral.msn.com...
McCain's wife controls family's riches - MSN Money

wonkette.com...
Profile In Corruption: McCain Will Be President Because His Current Wife Runs Beer/Nascar Industry

so with McCain soft on immigration and his family's personal intrests i see him as a perfect person to usher in NAFTA.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by easynow

This man is not going to be President. My conscience won't allow it. The other options aren't great either, but much better than this whackjob.

I don't want to see President McCain and Vice President Huckabee. It seems the two of them met for some campaigning in Huckabee's home of Arkansas.

America does not want another evangelical in the white house. Look what they've done the past 8 years...Actually that would be insulting to evangelicals everywhere. Bush isn't actually christian.

Sorry for my mistake.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

thanks for your post,

I don't want to see President McCain and Vice President Huckabee. It seems the two of them met for some campaigning in Huckabee's home of Arkansas.

thanks for the links and you totally read my mind this morning. i just woke up and was thinking ...i wonder why McCain hasn't picked his V.P. yet ?

not sure if Huckabee will be the choice but it does seem likely. McCain has been seen with a few of the ex-candidates such as Lieberman and Giuliani. i thought Lieberman was going to be his choice because he is the most Pro Israeli out of the bunch but Giuliani has some interests there also and it seemed with Giuliani's past record of fighting crime and cleaning up New York he would likely be a strong V.P. choice.

but i think your right about the Huckabee though i dont really know that much about him yet other than he seems to be a religious man. wich makes him appealing to the majority of voters.

Bush isn't actually christian.

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
[edit on 26-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 26 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
here is John Stewart's perspective on McCain...

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - Indecision 2008 - McCain's Sweet Talk Express

[edit on 26-4-2008 by easynow]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I say Obama takes it, there is an Iranian government sponsored assassination attempt, he gets one in the head, he miraculously survives, and reveals himself as the antichrist. Discuss.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDragon
I say Obama takes it, there is an Iranian government sponsored assassination attempt, he gets one in the head, he miraculously survives, and reveals himself as the antichrist. Discuss.

thanks for the prediction...

I think Iran might like Obama....

he is for pulling out our troops from Iraq and wants to use a more diplomatic talking approach instead of beating a war drum.

antichrist ?........

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
why is Ron Paul not dropping out of the race ? it seems he cannot win.

will he be a spoiler for McCain ? will McCain lose some votes to Ron Paul ?

according to CNN ...Ron Paul is still in...

www.cnn.com...
Election Center 2008: Candidates - Election & Politics News from CNN.com

i voted for Ron in the Florida primary but with him having no concievable chance,,, i can not vote for him again because it seems it would be a vote for the Democrats if i did.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Ron Paul will be to McCain as Nader has been to Gore and Kerry. He will ensure the real conservatives vote for him and the fake conservatives aka neocons/evangelicals/nazis vote for Juan McCain (thanks to the ATS member who has the troop being stabbed in the back for the Juan tagline).

Juany wasn't born on American soil, he was born in Panama. Juany is a warmonger who "detests war" (no joke), dislikes blacks, hates Vietnamese people, called for the death of Fidel Castro, another human being, claims a genocide will happen in Iraq if we leave with no options how to stop a genocide (there's already a genocide there but Juany will tell you otherwise that the "surge" worked and our troops are doing a "heck of a job" - yeah right), the media is completely ignoring Juany's racist comments, yet giving Ron Paul crap for something a pamphlet he had nothing to do with wrote in the 1980s, oh and the best part:

He's a great friend of Hillary Clinton. You think we have a choice? Forget that.

Now why would 2 opposing party candidates be "best friends" may you ask? Is it because they are essentially the same person? Hillary Clinton and John McCain, sorry Juan, are both neo-conservatives. Juan is not a true conservative and Hillary is not a true liberal. They both are pro-big government, pro-big business, and corrupted by lobbyists (aka greed).

They are not here to benefit the American people, they are here to benefit themselves. It is clear Hillary does not care about what's best for America. She only wants to be President. The Clintons want to ensure the Bush-Clinton dynasty lasts for another 100 years, just as long as McCain's war in Iraq (or war on terror, depending on how you quote his statement - either way he wants 100 more years of war).

DEBUNK THAT JUAN MCCAIN LOVERS.

[edit on 4/27/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Ron Paul will be to McCain as Nader has been to Gore and Kerry. He will ensure the real conservatives vote for him and the fake conservatives aka neocons/evangelicals/nazis vote for Juan McCain

this does not make any sense...but i guess thats why they call them spoilers.

i did not expect this from Ron Paul and i don't see how he can justify his stating in the race and losing the respect he has received from me and many others.

He's a great friend of Hillary Clinton. You think we have a choice? Forget that.

yes i know that they are in cahoots with each other. it is very disturbing and that is why i believe there should be term limits on senators and congressmen. many people will say term limits would not be good but i strongly disagree. this country is screwed up politically and keeping the same faces just prolongs the bad policy's that are running this economy into the toilet.

Now why would 2 opposing party candidates be "best friends" may you ask? Is it because they are essentially the same person? Hillary Clinton and John McCain, sorry Juan, are both neo-conservatives. Juan is not a true conservative and Hillary is not a true liberal. They both are pro-big government, pro-big business, and corrupted by lobbyists (aka greed).

are you trying to tell me Obama is different ?......

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
this does not make any sense...but i guess thats why they call them spoilers.

i did not expect this from Ron Paul and i don't see how he can justify his stating in the race and losing the respect he has received from me and many others.

If he is going to ruin McCain's campaign, I'd love to see him stay in the race. He was one of America's only hope, him and Kucinich. Both were demonized by the media, and both actually gave reasonable explanations on why we need to change the system.

If voting ever changed anything, it would be illegal. Remember that.

yes i know that they are in cahoots with each other. it is very disturbing and that is why i believe there should be term limits on senators and congressmen. many people will say term limits would not be good but i strongly disagree. this country is screwed up politically and keeping the same faces just prolongs the bad policy's that are running this economy into the toilet.

Term limits would be great. What would also be great is not allowing a spouses to hold office. Bill Clinton could potentially be President for another 4-8 years. We don't want that now do we?

are you trying to tell me Obama is different ?......

Different? Not so much. Better? Sure. I've done significant digging into the 3 candidate's perspective backgrounds. Both Hillary/Bill Clinton and the McCains have much dirt on them, but Obama is pretty clean. That doesn't mean he's scott-free or anything to that extent. That just means he's been in public office for much less time and has had less opportunity to mess up.

Out of the 3 candidates, we have a choice between the lesser evil. Its a pretty sad state of affairs when you have to choose someone who is going to do the least amount of damage to the country/world. I don't see the Clintons or McCains as being that candidate. I'm sorry to say that Obama seems to be our only hope at this point.

We have a choice between two neo-conservative candidates (McCain and Clinton) or one "liberal" candidate. I'll choose the liberal any day over the 2 nazis.

posted on Apr, 27 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Out of the 3 candidates, we have a choice between the lesser evil. Its a pretty sad state of affairs when you have to choose someone who is going to do the least amount of damage to the country/world. I don't see the Clintons or McCains as being that candidate. I'm sorry to say that Obama seems to be our only hope at this point.

well i am not banking on any of them changing much ... but i see your point on Obama. too bad he is not pro life. why are all democrats pro choice ?

you know every politician say's they are gonna change things when they get in office and then they fall to the lobbyist and become puppets. a good example of this is Pelosi. Obama and Billary are promising to withdraw the troops from Iraq and i wonder if it will be the same performance we got got from Pelosi. all talk and then no action. have the Democrats learned their lesson from Pelosi ? what can be done to make all these promisers held accountable ?

We have a choice between two neo-conservative candidates (McCain and Clinton) or one "liberal" candidate. I'll choose the liberal any day over the 2 nazis.

i agree that none of the choices are good but i dont see Obama as an expert on foreign policy either. he did not serve in the military and has no clue what its like to be in a war zone. how can that be good for our country ?

also ...how do you feel about Muslim extremist wanting Obama to win ?

it also seems that Hamas would like Obama because he would be soft on Iran...

John McCain taunted Barack Obama Friday for his recent “endorsement” from a Hamas adviser, wearing his own apparent rejection by the terrorist group as a badge of honor and saying that if elected he would be “Hamas’ worst nightmare.”

Hamas political adviser Ahmed Yousef said two weeks ago in an interview with WABC radio and WorldNetDaily that the terrorist group supports Obama’s foreign policy vision.

elections.foxnews.com...
McCain Takes Shot at Obama for Hamas Support - America’s Election HQ

[edit on 27-4-2008 by easynow]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join