It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President McCain...inevitable...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
reply to post by FlyersFan

thanks for your post,

Originally posted by ChocoTaco369
McCain didn't say he wanted to keep troops in Iraq for a hundred years. That is a flat out lie.

You are absolutely right. He DID NOT say that at all.

umm.....sorry to tell you all this but he did say it......

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - McCain: 100 years in Iraq "would be fine with me"

www.youtube.com...
YouTube - John McCain and his 100 Years War

he says a presence in Iraq for a hundred years would be fine with him.

does he really believe that U.S. troops can stay in Iraq and not get shot at ?

OMG...

I could say the following:

"I think the Nazi's did a great job of making a mockery of the decency of humanity."

Now, if you want to selectively quote, you can say I said "I think the Nazi's did a great job." That's right, I said that...if you conveniently leave out the second part of the sentence

McCain NEVER said he wanted to stay in Iraq for 100 years. This is the most pathetic attempt to try and make him look bad. All the lies that have come out of Billary and Hussein's mouth over the past few weeks and the only way to get at McCain is to take something so far out of context it's at the point of slander...that's a testament to how good a campaign McCain is running, huh?

Now, once again, McCain simply stated that if you're going to start a war, you damn well better see it through. What he MEANT is that it would be irresponsible for a nation to attack another nation, rip down their form of government, then cut and run and leave them wide open to be taken over by someone even worse than their previous regime.

Of course, if you're so pathetic that you have to resort to slander, well, feel free to make the fallacious argument. I guess you have to when the candidates you support talk about dodging fantasy sniper fire and support people that preach about hating white people and damning America

Someone should tell 'easynow' that we have a 'presence' in Vietnam and Korea, too, decades after the war. A handful of troops in an embassy - that's what a 'presence' is. He's not stating to drag on the war - conflict, rather, this isn't a war - for another hundred years. He's just not irresponsible like your cut-and-run Democrats (the ones that voted yes on the Iraq conflict) that take the side of the popular opinion of the time.

[edit on 29-4-2008 by ChocoTaco369]

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ChocoTaco369

thanks for your post,

What he MEANT is that it would be irresponsible for a nation to attack another nation, rip down their form of government, then cut and run and leave them wide open to be taken over by someone even worse than their previous regime.

this statement just proves that we should not have done what we did in the first place.

there is no end in sight to the current situation in Iraq and for McCain to say anything about us staying there in any way shape or form...is not going to go over well with the American public.

so you can spin this all you want but the facts are we are in Iraq and we wont be leaving anytime soon, no matter if a Republican or a Democrat is elected President. it would be very foolish to believe Hillary or Obama would actually be able to bring home all the troops. it isn't gonna happen and they are telling voters what they want to hear so they can get elected.

Of course, if you're so pathetic that you have to resort to slander, well, feel free to make the fallacious argument.

if your so Pathetic that you cant read between the lines you should not even be discussing this.

I guess you have to when the candidates you support talk about dodging fantasy sniper fire and support people that preach about hating white people and damning America

i really hope your not insinuating that i would vote for either democrat ?

if your gonna throw rocks at me...at least throw the right ones , thank you.

just so you know... i voted for RON PAUL in the Florida primary.

Someone should tell 'easynow' that we have a 'presence' in Vietnam and Korea, too, decades after the war. A handful of troops in an embassy - that's what a 'presence' is.

yes darn it...will someone please tell me this
because... i was born yesterday

He's just not irresponsible like your cut-and-run Democrats (the ones that voted yes on the Iraq conflict) that take the side of the popular opinion of the time.

i guess you have never heard of "Republicrats" ?

posted on Apr, 30 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I do think were are headed for McCain for more than just the reasons mentioned. Now I might be a dummy (ok no MIGHT about it) when it comes to the world politic sceen, byt you know who I'd vote for??? The FIRST guy who says.
"My fellow world leaders. American has been here to help you for years now, and perhaps we've been there weather we were welcome or not. I will be president for one term, for four years. fot hoes small four years we will be withdrawing our troops from all active duty across the battle fields world wide, and this includes all the clandestine activity you know we do, but wont admit to. Our borders will be closed to any immigrants looking for work or refuge as we, my America, sets itself right again. Tax breaks will be given to companys to return our work force back to our shores and all illegal immigrants will be deported back to there homes on us as of now. The rest of the world will have to iron out its own problems for a while as we set ourselves right so we can help you all again and come to your aid when world war three breaks out, but untill then we will leave you all alone and we ask the same."......oh hwy cant it be just that easy?

posted on May, 3 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rhawkins

thanks for your post,

I do think were are headed for McCain for more than just the reasons mentioned.

the number one reason i see for McCain to be the next President is the continuation of the Bush policy"s ...wich is to spread democracy to the middle east region. that kind of agenda will help to protect Israel and will also keep other countries such as Iran from controlling the oil supply. Iran is the next target and McCain is the right guy to have in power to continue what's been planned for the oil controlling nations.

The rest of the world will have to iron out its own problems for a while as we set ourselves right so we can help you all again and come to your aid when world war three breaks out, but untill then we will leave you all alone and we ask the same."......oh hwy cant it be just that easy?

gee... your story sure did sound like something Ron Paul was talking about.

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

John McCain served in the military and Obama did not. wich one do we want running the White House ?

posted on May, 8 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by easynow
I did not expect this from Ron Paul and I don't see how he can justify his stating in the race and losing the respect he has received from me and many others.

What is it that won Ron Paul your respect? If it was his ideals and policies, those haven't changed. If you believe in Ron Paul’s message then you should want to see it carried forward as long as possible and given as much exposure as possible. And if you believe in Ron Paul's message, why would you care if he draws votes away from McSame, or any of the other three stooges? He is diametrically opposed to both.

As to the subject at hand, I just can’t see McSame being elected as successor to the most unpopular administration ever. The man is Kerry, Gore, Dole, Dukakis and so on. He’s being run as a sure loser. The only question is if Billary will steal the election, or worm her way into VP and then have Obama taken out, IMO.

posted on May, 9 2008 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by resistor

thanks for your post,

What is it that won Ron Paul your respect? If it was his ideals and policies, those haven't changed.

yes it was his idea's and agenda but unfortunately the reality of him winning has changed.

If you believe in Ron Paul’s message then you should want to see it carried forward as long as possible and given as much exposure as possible.

yes but to stay in a race that he cannot win is not going to help his credibility imo

And if you believe in Ron Paul's message, why would you care if he draws votes away from McSame, or any of the other three stooges? He is diametrically opposed to both.

just because i liked Ron Pauls message doesnt mean i would want the republican party to lose votes. with him running as a Republican he should do the right thing and not muddy the water.

As to the subject at hand, I just can’t see McSame being elected as successor to the most unpopular administration ever.

the real question is where will Dick Cheney be positioned when McCain wins ?

He’s being run as a sure loser.

if he is being run as a loser than how come the democrats are playing the " i have a better chance at beating McCain" card ????????

The only question is if Billary will steal the election, or worm her way into VP and then have Obama taken out, IMO.

Hillary ...in my opinion would be the worst thing to ever happen to this country...

this is exactly why Ron the republican should drop out...a vote for Ron is a vote for Clinton or Obama

[edit on 9-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by RabbitChaser
I'm just not convinced that Americans will tollerate another stolen election. That would be 3 straight, not that the first 2 would have mattered anyway if they were in office instead. And Hill-Bama ain't worth a crap either. Don't worry. I think we'll get our "landslide" 3rd party candidate and there will be no denying his win, or they'll surely risk repercussions.

care to speculate on who this third party candidate will be ?

sure would love to see this landslide victory...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I think your whole premise is totally wrong.

If McCain gets elected its because the Democrats (once again) snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, something they have gotten really good at in recent years.

You give Israel far more influence than it actually has... granted it has a significent amount but not enough to dictate the outcome of the election.

Actually given the economic situition and the ever growing hostility to the war, if the Democrats ever get their act together McCain is going to have a hard time of it... Generally speaking in bad economic times, it trumps foreign affairs in voter's minds and usually it is not kind to the party in power.

If anything we are going to see a significent drop in Republican power after November with strong Democratic gains, possibly overwhelming gains in both houses of the senate, and even if McCain does win, he will have no choice but to engage them and play along.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

thanks for your post,

I think your whole premise is totally wrong.

totally wrong ? i dont think so...

You give Israel far more influence than it actually has... granted it has a significent amount but not enough to dictate the outcome of the election.

i never said that it was 'the' deciding factor...but even you admit "it has a significant amount" of influence, so i dont see how you can say my premise is totally wrong ?

it is a well known fact that Jewish lobbyist influence American politics.

"Every time we do something you tell me America will do this and will do that ... I want to tell you something very clear: Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We, the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."

zionismexplained.org...

Actually given the economic situition and the ever growing hostility to the war, if the Democrats ever get their act together McCain is going to have a hard time of it...

i think your premise is totally wrong...McCain will have no problem beating Obama... Obama is a sure loser imo

i am sure the McCain camp wants Obama to win the Dem. nomination.

Generally speaking in bad economic times, it trumps foreign affairs in voter's minds and usually it is not kind to the party in power.

the military industrial complex with all the lobbyists in Washington have more influence on the economy than you realize and will trump all of the Obamites no problem.

If anything we are going to see a significent drop in Republican power after November with strong Democratic gains, possibly overwhelming gains in both houses of the senate, and even if McCain does win, he will have no choice but to engage them and play along.

ha ha ha....that's funny stuff
you democrats haven't learned your lesson with Pelosi yet... i see.

[edit on 10-5-2008 by easynow]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Dem-Rep has become a distinction without a difference. A vote for any of the three stooges is a vote for the status quo.

If you can’t see how unattractive a candidate McSame is to the conservative base, then I can’t help you out. A candidate that doesn’t appeal to his parties base is a sure looser. And Dick Cheney? Can he survive another administration without a Dearth Vader Suit?

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by resistor

thanks for your post,

Dem-Rep has become a distinction without a difference.

can you show me an example of this ?

A vote for any of the three stooges is a vote for the status quo.

well then you might as well call all three of them "McSame"

If you can’t see how unattractive a candidate McSame is to the conservative base, then I can’t help you out.

i started this thread because i believe that John McCain is positioned better than Hillary or Obama and has an advantage over them.

i did not start this thread in a effort to endorse John McCain and nowhere in this thread does it say that i want him to win.

so trust me when i tell you that i dont need anyones help in seeing how unattractive any of the three stooges are to the American public.

A candidate that doesn’t appeal to his parties base is a sure looser.

that can be said for all of the choices

And Dick Cheney? Can he survive another administration without a Dearth Vader Suit?

that is the million dollar question imo...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Vote?
you actually think you get to vote?

is Ron Pauls name on the ballot?

so much for democracy

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maya432
Vote?
you actually think you get to vote?

is Ron Pauls name on the ballot?

so much for democracy

yes you do get to vote....for choices that are pre-chosen for you ! and then it still doesnt matter because the PTB are going to put in office who they want.

that is another reason i started this thread because i see McCain being the puppet that they want and will make sure he wins to continue the NWO agenda.

Democracy ?.......
.....it's an Illusion

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
i know this could be out of this topic but i had a dream that McCain got shoot ....it was a weired dream i dont see why McCain would get shoot anyways,Do u????

[edit on 10-5-2008 by PHXWATCHER]

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PHXWATCHER
i know this could be out of this topic but i had a dream that McCain got shoot ....it was a weired dream i dont see why McCain would get shoot anyways,Do u????

[edit on 10-5-2008 by PHXWATCHER]

not sure really but maybe it has something to do with this.......

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hay thats a nice vid ..tnx..im sure it was just a trande dream,i toild my history teacher bout it and he laughed he said that der wasnt any reason why to kill him or even try

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Hay thats a nice vid ..tnx..im sure it was just a trande dream,i toild my history teacher bout it and he laughed he said that der wasnt any reason why to kill him or even try

whoa....

i think you need to talk to your English teacher some more....
...kidding...

had any dreams about Barrack Obama ?...

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
hahahah sorry about that , and no thats all the dreams i had besides some ufo dreams and stuff like that but thats not the topic,,but i do have a bad feeling about Obama,anybody remembers when al qaeda said that they were going to distroy the U.S from the inside.. that would make Obama the perfect plan but i dont know somthing dosent feel right about obama dont you think?????

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

hahahah sorry about that , and no thats all the dreams i had besides some ufo dreams and stuff like that but thats not the topic,,but i do have a bad feeling about Obama,anybody remembers when al qaeda said that they were going to distroy the U.S from the inside.. that would make Obama the perfect plan but i dont know somthing dosent feel right about obama dont you think?????

BINGO....

kinda funny that Hamas and others in the Muslim world would love to see Obama as President.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join