It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

After their own "kind"

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

...and again, crossbreeding doesn't mean that the offspring is fertile. A liger is infertile, I've never heard of two ligers producing an offspring.

If the story of Noah were true (which it isn't) and Noah had brought a tiger and a lion then there wouldn't be any big cats right now because there would have been one generation.

So...thanks for completely ignoring what I said.

And again, it does still ignore the question of the vast majority of creatures that do not sexually reproduce as well as those creatures that sexually reproduce with a lot more than two 'genders'.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

So if I get enough people to claim that you don’t exist, you don’t exist? Excellent! I’ll get cracking on that one right away.

Well including your requests we should both be busy for awhile.

I don't think Spirituality steps on any toes the way science reciprocates the situation by any means. You are most likely speaking of religion.
Fascinating retort.

I'll see what I can come up with.
edit on 2-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

Asking and accusing are two different things

And you have your answer.

How about this then?
Does darkness exist?

How bout Cold ?
Injustice and immorality.?
Do they exist ?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hey look, it's a bunch of red herrings!

I would like to point out one thing, spirituality can and does step on the toes of science and has done so consistently throughout the last....all of recorded human history.

Spirituality relies on intuition, credulity, and faith.
Science relies on inference, testing, and skepticism.

Spiritual individuals often attempt to use their spirituality to either co-opt or entirely block scientific endeavors into exploration of the natural world. You can just head down to the 'philosophy' section and see how many people co-opt quantum mechanics without understanding it for some new age woo.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I don't think Spirituality steps on any toes the way science reciprocates the situation by any means. You are most likely speaking of religion.

I disagree.

And you have your answer.

And, honestly, I’m glad you weren’t trolling. I may disagree with you most of the time, but I usually enjoy the conversation.

Does darkness exist?
How bout Cold ?
Injustice and immorality.?
Do they exist ?

And you’re trying to draw a comparison between abstract concepts based around the lack of a thing and... what, exactly?

Again... try to syllogism your earlier examples and see what you come up with.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

And Iter
This just came over the wire. Don't know if you've had a gander yet or even if you realise what this might mean but it seems Synchronicity is right in tune.
This is one way I could take the conversation just so there are no more heartbreaking inquiries. WHAH!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

And Iter
This just came over the wire. Don't know if you've had a gander yet or even if you realise what this might mean but it seems Synchronicity is right in tune.
This is one way I could take the conversation just so there are no more heartbreaking inquiries. WHAH!

For me Alien is synonymous with Demon. If Demons exist? Now what say you ? I'm sure there will be another word pop up that I will have to look up. Syllogism I thought for a minute I was being accused of being silly.

Mad
More red herrings ?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

And Iter

For me Alien is synonymous with Demon. If Demons exist? Now what say you ? I'm sure there will be another word pop up that I will have to look up. Syllogism I thought for a minute I was being accused of being silly.

Wait...let me get this right...you're seriously claiming that every life we might find in the universe is automatically a demon? Really? Comon' dude, you can't be serious

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

And Iter

Wait...let me get this right...you're seriously claiming that every life we might find in the universe is automatically a demon? Really? Comon' dude, you can't be serious

That's not at all what I said X. But I go according to the script-ure so I'm not the only one thinking in this direction
by any means concerning these particulars my worthy opponent.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

reply to post by randyvs

Yep, definitely. It's not addressing the issue of this thread.

Also, that webpage? Not proof of anything. Hell, there isn't published or verified data. There isn't even a scientific paper to back it up, let alone one in a peer-reviewed journal. It's just a silly person who doesn't really understand science (as he has repeatedly demonstrated over the years) pimping a really stupid idea while trying to co-opt science.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's not at all what I said X.

So let's have a look at what you said...

For me Alien is synonymous with Demon.

edit on 2-6-2011 by MrXYZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

KIND CAN PRODUCE OFFSPRING! Real simple and easy concept really. Can a cat and a dog have offspring? Can a wolf and a dog? Zebra and a horse or elephant?

Kind can produce offspring, as the BIBLE states!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by theindependentjournal

Um...alright. And what about non-sexual organisms?

And does the offspring have to be fertile or can it be infertile?

...could someone go back and count how many times these issues have been raised? Others and myself keep mentioning asexual organisms and fertility yet nobody addresses them....

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by theindependentjournal

KIND CAN PRODUCE OFFSPRING! Real simple and easy concept really. Can a cat and a dog have offspring? Can a wolf and a dog? Zebra and a horse or elephant?

Oh we've already been all through this species thing. These muts have an answer for everything and love to argue.

This could be the only thing they spend there waking moments on. Quarrelling with amatuers such as myself.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Oh we've already been all through this species thing. These muts have an answer for everything and love to argue.

Clearly we haven't since no one answered those questions

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

A wolf and a dog can produce offspring because they both are apart if the Canine family. Just like a Zebra and a Horse can breed: it's called a Zorse.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by novastrike81

Actually, a wolf and a dog are the same species: Canis lupus. Dogs are merely a subspecies of wolf.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Actually, a wolf and a dog are the same species: Canis lupus. Dogs are merely a subspecies of wolf

What if the answer to your question is something as simple as this ?

Actually, a wolf and a dog are the same KIND OF species: Canis lupus. Dogs are merely a subspecies of wolf

Does No. 2 not say the exact samething as No.1 ?

Iter
So your syllogism shows that I have a brain. I agree that we all do and don't need to see it. Yet the rules of empiricle science says we do not. Disect all the humans and mammals you want.

"A representation of a thing is not proof of a thing."
edit on 3-6-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Um...not really. Because that just makes the word 'kind' context specific. Actually, it makes the word 'kind' extraneous, as 'kind of species' doesn't really mean anything.

I can answer the question: "What kind of animal am I?" several different ways:

1: A vertebrate (Phylum)
2: A mammal (Class)
3: A primate (Order)
4: An ape (Family)
5: A hominin (Tribe)
6: A homo (Genus)
7: An anatomically modern human (Species)

All seven answers are correct for that question. Which one is my 'kind'? Or does 'kind' not fit with phylogeny as we know it?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
reply to post by randyvs

Um...not really. Because that just makes the word 'kind' context specific. Actually, it makes the word 'kind' extraneous, as 'kind of species' doesn't really mean anything.

I can answer the question: "What kind of animal am I?" several different ways:

1: A vertebrate (Phylum)
2: A mammal (Class)
3: A primate (Order)
4: An ape (Family)
5: A hominin (Tribe)
6: A homo (Genus)
7: An anatomically modern human (Species)

All seven answers are correct for that question. Which one is my 'kind'? Or does 'kind' not fit with phylogeny as we know it?

Can you just tell me WTF you're driven at with this ? What is it you hope to show ?

Havn't I hung in here long enough ? Just give me something ?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I'd like to show hat you're carefully dodging a question and appealing to ridicule....which you definitely are right now.

I'm asking you quite simply and plainly what a "kind" is. I'm even giving you a list of things to choose from to make it easier.

What do I hope to show? That creationism is unscientific. That it doesn't have any place near science, let alone as part of science.

So, please answer the question.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join