It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God Does Not Exist

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Deleted

[edit on 8-6-2008 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Deleted

Why did you delete your post? I came back ready to reply after making a cuppa but it had gone.

P.S. I want to go fishing now. Nice lake full of carp near me

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by threedoom

I am pretty tired and brain energy is ebbing..lol.

Originally posted by threedoom
How about if they told me they hadn't actually seen any fish there, or heard anyone say there's fish there, but they believe there is because they can 'feel' the fishes presence?

Well you wont really know until you go fishing, now will you.

Should you go fishing and catch something, would those that didn't see you catch the fish believe you?

Better bring the fish or a camera. Ever hear of Photoshop? Did you buy that fish at a store? How do I know it came from the lake? The seed of doubt is powerful and highly erosive in the absence of Truth and Trust.

The experience is unique to each that seeks. Like a dream, only the beholder is able to comprehend the full nature of the vision.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and should the World embrace his ways in its entirety, many of Worlds woes would end.

Peace

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Haha, I feel the same after last night's events.

Well you wont really know until you go fishing, now will you.

No, I wouldn't know for certain until I'd wasted my entire life fishing in this puddle for something that is, more than likely, not even there... Or until I drained every last drop of water from the puddle and saw for myself.

The point is it wouldn't come to this for me as I'd make an informed decision (based on the facts, evidence and proof) as to whether the puddle of water I'm standing over is inhabited by fish. In this case I'd waste no more than a few moments of my life and would almost certainly be correct in my assumption.

Should you go fishing and catch something, would those that didn't see you catch the fish believe you?

Better bring the fish or a camera. Ever hear of Photoshop? Did you buy that fish at a store? How do I know it came from the lake? The seed of doubt is powerful and highly erosive in the absence of Truth and Trust.

Yes, if I caught a fish then those who knew and trusted me would believe me even if they weren't there to witness it with their own eyes.

Although I wouldn't be bothered if I caught a fish and nobody did believe me. I'd know that I had and that would be enough for me. I'd be content in the fact that I knew what happened and wouldn't feel the need to preach to them about the wonders of this fish.

The thing is I could go out and not catch anything but come home spinning yarns about the 'monster' I caught. Those who knew and trusted me would still believe me.

See, just because someone you know, trust etc says they caught, heard, felt or saw something then that doesn't necessarily equate to it being true, does it? All information received should be questioned, no matter how believable it is, how much you trust and respect the person telling you, or how much you want it to be true.

Hmm maybe I've digressed a little lol...

The experience is unique to each that seeks. Like a dream, only the beholder is able to comprehend the full nature of the vision.

I agree to a certain extent. Our reality (experience) is unique to ourselves. It is our own brain that processes the stimuli from our sensory organs and joins the dots (so to speak) creating our own unique vision of reality. Therefore our realities and experiences only really exist inside of our brains.

I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and should the World embrace his ways in its entirety, many of Worlds woes would end.

Peace

As you can probably tell I don't share your beliefs but I do respect your right to hold them.

As for the "should the World embrace his ways in its entirety, many of Worlds woes would end" comment, I believe that the answer to many of the worlds problems is to embrace each other - our fellow humans.

We should stop trying to search for answers and truth in deities and religous texts and focus on the truth, knowledge and answers we all hold deep within us as humans.

I better leave it there for now before I start digressing (yet) again.

Peace

3d

Edit: This is the second, more rushed reply as I rather stupidly closed the browser before posting the first one. Ooops lol

[edit on 8-6-2008 by threedoom]

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by threedoom
As for the "should the World embrace his ways in its entirety, many of Worlds woes would end" comment, I believe that the answer to many of the worlds problems is to embrace each other - our fellow humans.

I appreciate it when someone takes the time to think things out. Your statement above is one of the ways that I stumbled up something that I truly struggle for words to explain.

When you say that we need to embrace each other as humans, indeed so it is.

Jesus had said, that in Loving one another, that we honor all of the words of the prophets. For in doing so, whether knowingly or not, we honor the Almighty Gods will.

I have, throughout my life, held tight the way of Love on another. Whether I did it was another thing. What I came to understand, after going the extra little bit when I can, is that things started to happen to me.

There is no other man, who claims he is the Truth, the Way or the Life. And when I realized that his teaching of Love one another was a way of mend, I studied on my own accord.

So when you say that our brain is our experience, it is in effect the interface.
An interface of thought, to make decisions and choices that not only benefit yourself, but all of mankind around you.

So when one considers that we as men have been given thought perhaps this little blurb thats not in the Bible makes sense.

The Gospel of the perfect life
From the Ages of Ages is the Eternal Thought, and the Thought is the Word, and the Word is the Act, and these Three are one in the Eternal Law, and the Law is with God and the Law proceeds from God. All things are created by Law and without it is not anything created that existeth

It says in Hebrews, the the Laws of God will be written on the hearts of men and that no longer will one man have to testify to another about his existence.

To embrace each other as brothers is the Command, and you Threedom, have the law written on your heart.

Peace

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join