It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Earth Is Flat, Proof In Model - [FARCE]

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum
... as youget farther from the "center" of your flat earth, the distance to travel 1 degree becomes greater. My friend lives near Adelaide, S. Australia. She has also lived in the united states. According to her, AND the maps I look at, she only has to drive about half an hour to get to the beach. By your model, she actually has a COUPLE THOUSAND KM's to drive! Explain that one to me. ...

The outside of a disc rotates faster than the inside. She is experiencing a time dilation. She observes no special movement, but if you were able to observe her from the north pole (sadly impossible) you would see her cover the distance nearly instantaneously. Or she drinks.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I am not going to believe I have posted in this thread. Anyhow....

So try to explain the following flight routes and info from sydney

www.qantas.com.au...

Why is it flying from Sydney to Johannesburg shorter than to London?
And why is it flying from Sydney to Buenos Aires so much shorter than to London?

[edit on 20/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

[edit on 20/4/08 by IchiNiSan]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cpt. Monty
So Del are you or the OP ever going to address my question about why ships don't pass certain land masses on Earth when they are crossing bodies of water under the flat earth model? If not I accept that as a loss for the flat earth model.

I guess you will have to be more clear, as I think this is impossible. Perhaps you misunderstand flat earth theory?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wow,

So many new members responding to this thread ...... and most reporting that they have joined today .......

so this is either people getting so drawn in that they have registered just s that theycan have there say or they are actually the same person .....

MOD: could you verify the OP's IP address with that of the other new members that joined today please so that we can be sure that its not the same person.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Quick question. Do you accept the estimated life span of the universe given by scientists? 13.7 years old currently.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by _Del_

Here is a picture of the ice wall

uwamrc.ssec.wisc.edu...

How do you get to Antartica? You go away from the magnetic North Pole. doing that from any position takes you to the edge of the disc. That edge is the "south pole" It's not just a stand alone ice wall. There is ice before you get to the wall. That is Antartica. Many people have been there.

That 'wall' photo appears to have been taken from above it. If that is the case, then what is to stop people in their flying machines popping over the top and floating off into space?

And if everything orbits the sun, as you stated, how do they do this if it is flat and not bright enough to illuminate the entire 'flat earth' as once?

I think someone has been watching too much discworld !

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cpt. Monty
Quick question. Do you accept the estimated life span of the universe given by scientists? 13.7 years old currently.

Because I am in fact substantially older than 13.7 years old, I have difficulty resolving that statement with the universe as I observe it. So, no I do not.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IchiNiSan

It is not. The map you've shown shows distortion. Looking at the flat earth map will give you a better perspective on disc distance.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   

The outside of a disc rotates faster than the inside. She is experiencing a time dilation. She observes no special movement, but if you were able to observe her from the north pole (sadly impossible) you would see her cover the distance nearly instantaneously. Or she drinks.

That's exactly what I expected the response to be.

By that theory, the earth would be shaped like a bowl in order to not be standing at an angle or feeling like everything is downhill from you. Tie a washer to a string, and tie the other end of the string to a small hanging scale, and swing it around over your head. Measure the reading, then use a longer piece of string and do the same thing, and at the same approximate RPM. The weight increases. Gradeschool stuff.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

sorry typed too fast, billion, 13.7 billion years. I assume you should have known that with you plethora of knowledge of the earth. do you accept that?

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
It must be a real HEAVY experience to flip to the other side. Like bungee jumping.

For something like this we need hard evidence, best man. But I like your graphics.

link   

Originally posted by bloodcircle
That 'wall' photo appears to have been taken from above it. If that is the case, then what is to stop people in their flying machines popping over the top and floating off into space?

And if everything orbits the sun, as you stated, how do they do this if it is flat and not bright enough to illuminate the entire 'flat earth' as once?

I think someone has been watching too much discworld !

There are two walls, as has been explained elsewhere in this thread. This is the smaller glacial wall that marks "antartica" or the outer rim of the disc.

The sun and moon rotation have been explained as well.

link   
ill resereve opinion on the un i verse; only to add that once it was stated the gods didnt get to grow past 17 to later have the fact of christ reaching 33 in the known universe.

about the wall who is to say some have reached "it" and have not been able to return from it without the use of science and technology.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Because I am in fact substantially older than 13.7 years old, I have difficulty resolving that statement with the universe as I observe it. So, no I do not.

Because I am in fact substantially older than 13.7 years old... isn't gonna help your cause... some may perceive that as a statement of being more divine than thou. Definitly a thread killer statement... I'd suggest refrain from that for this thread, as it will only hurt your cause if you are trying to argue rationality.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ill jump right in here, as I think its fun how we can discuss if the earth we live on is a flat disk, round or prehaps a sphere?

We know comman place knowledge the world we live is a sphere. Comman place knowledge will prove this without a doubt.

However other things can be proven without a doubt. That infact we are all just photons, and energy. The world outside you is an ocean of energy.
You'r 5 senses process this information into copies within your own brain.
Giving off many wonderful illusions.

The truth of the illusions is that the world appears to be a sphere. But agin this is just what our 5 senses process. Not the tell all truth of what life and energy truely is at its purest form.

So we can agrue that the Earth is still flat.. But honestly it like a dog chasing its own tail kind of argument. It gets us no where, becasue when infact its all an illusion anyway.
We as humans play on words, and manipulate eachother. We go about our days, work, love and try to take care of our own. While discussion like this is a good thing, becasue it makes you stop to think.. Am I just repeating what someone else told me? Or do I know for sure?

I think we know for sure that the world is a sphere.. But we also know that is just an illusion that our 5 senses are processing.
The world, and universe its all photons processed by your mind, and turned into a copy that is within your own head.

I guess the world could be what ever you want it too be.. Yet that saying only goes so far.
Try walking out on a busy highway, and wish the cars will go threw you.
Well they may go threw you, but its going to be a bloody mess.

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
Albert Einstein

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by logician magician

The Earth is very round. How can you get to China from LAX without falling off into space?

What we think of as "going around" the world is done so, but merely on a circular disk. Gravity stops us from "falling off into space" so we can't walk off the side.

Apply your logic above to a circular trip in any direction - A cirlce in every direction would be a sphere.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The easiest way to prove the Earth is spherical is to leave it and view it from a distance. Astronauts and space probes have done just that. Every picture of Earth ever taken shows only a circular shape, and the only geometric solid which looks like a circle from any direction is a sphere.

So even if we send something into space and let it go around earth taking pictures, you deny that what we find then is a sphere? Why cant we see what is under earth? or backside if you will.

and the wall in antarctica, around the world.. when did it appear? because to this point in time it hasnt been there. noone has seen it. and theres plenty of people that goes there, both explorers, scientists and hunters etc.

and just because you dont trust in NASA doesnt mean anything. NASA is NOT the only ones who sends things up you know. Various government agencies and private groups have already done it thousands of times in the past.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Man, and I thought I was stepping out on a limb posting a thread about Brown's gas. (No, it had nothing to do with eating too many burritos) lol

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
WOW. so what about how it gets colder as you go north? as well as less light? how bout the way the light moves across the earth during the course of a day? then when you go south it gets colder too-

I hope this is a joke by the OP and del

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

There are two walls, as has been explained elsewhere in this thread. This is the smaller glacial wall that marks "antartica" or the outer rim of the disc.

So they fly higher, then - Whats the problem? They still end up floating off into space after falling off.

The sun and moon rotation have been explained as well.

That does not answer my question, if the other planets (not the moon) also 'orbit' the 'flat sun', how is this possible, since this 'flat sun' is only big enough to illuminate part of the 'flat earth' at any given time?

We don't see 'flat mars' or 'flat venus', for example, floating close enough to orbit such a small 'flat sun', and given that the sun is flat and facing us, surely there would be times when we'd bump into them.

Why do the 'flat planets' all face 'flat earth' too?

Nope, i think i preferred the reptillian threads.. at least they had decent youtube 'evidence' to back their claims up..

This was just 9 pages of fantasy.. and I need pictures.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join