It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Mechanic stumbles upon chemical spraying unit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
It also occurs to me that this mechanic, if real, may have stumbled onto a "Chaff" delivery system of some sort.

"Chaff" is composed of small metallic strips....it isn't delivered via small pipes or "hollowed out wicks" at the trailing edges of control surfaces. One solo mechanic doesn't get the opportunity to surreptitiously track many, many feet of piping from a tank under the galley, to its termination.

This is simply bogus. And to the poster that said this is definitely written by an aircraft mechanic....nah, don't think so. It's a carefully crafted piece of fiction designed to attract and inflame those that think "chemtrails" are something more than contrails.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
reply to post by Blaine91555

It was a good bit of lateral thinking Blaine. However, let's not forget Occam's Razor.

And a sharp razor it is too!

Thanks for the links. I'll read up on them a bit.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

Thanks for the info. I tend to lean toward this being not to believable. That site seems to be dedicated to the premise that the Sun (or the Universe) revolves around the Earth, the Earth is 6,000 years old and space travel is impossible. That puts a real damper on its credibility for me.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Lots of good info and fast. Thanks so much.

Sounds like I was on a wrong track unless there is a liquid chaff unfamiliar to most. Probably not. Thanks again.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Here is an interesting find.

Freepatents Online
The embodiments of the chaff dispensing system disclosed in the present application use a slurry of Freon and chaff particles and thus permits hydraulic and pneumatic principles to be readily employed to ease the handling and dispensing of the chaff. The flow rate of the slurry can be precisely controlled to obtain chaff clouds of desired densities. Once the slurry is dispensed into the atomsphere at altitude, the highly volatile Freon vaporizes so that it does not adversely affect the formation of a cloud by the chaff particles. The Freon and chaff particles have substantially the same density to minimize settling or separation by the action of gravity, and the particles will thus remain distributed evenly in the slurry.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

That is interesting....would like to know of any practical applications. And any technical data for comparison to the original articles description. Unfortunately, patent applications nowadays don't necessarily mean production models.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   

[snip]
I guess what we should be really worried about is why our immune systems are being purposely eroded. Are they eventually going to replace the barium with Avian Flu virus? That should sort out the problem of world food shortage. Did I see something recently in China about the increased human transmission of Bird Flu?

[edit on 16/4/08 by Myrdyn]

Riddle me this:how do the PTB keep themsleves "safe" if this is the case?

I haven't seen anyone walking around in bubbles lately.

If chem-trails are real and a health hazard, the hazard would enter our systems one of X ways:

inhalation - either a potent dose (you would liekly notice) or low level continued exposure... most likely in this scenario, as whatever chemicals released would be uber dilute by the time they reach Joe Blo on earth's surface.

ingestion - same as above, except think "eating snowflakes, drinking rain, or particulate matter that blows into your nose/mouth.

injection - not likely in this scenario

Absorbtion -chemicals in air that would settle on your body and creep in, like gasoline, when you get it on your skin - goes right to your bloodstream

I suppose you could also innoculate yourself if the "dust" settles on your body and you introduce it to your mouth, nose (both actually ingestion), or eyes.

So, how do "they" keep themselves safe? I suppose they are in the bunkers.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
So now its suddenly plausible since it may be a chaff dispersement system. What happened to the weight issue and how could a mechanic possibly trace all the piping guys. Oh I see, since the post has been completely derailed to a chaff system it is all suddenly so much more reasonable. You know, there is a board for disinformation - why don't you go play there.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by MrPenny

I can't find anything more about that. I'll keep looking.

OP,

I am on topic with this. The article was about the mechanical devices this anonymous mechanic found. I saw nothing about it being definitively used to spray any particular substance.

You can't have a good discussion without considering all possibilities. Blogs are for limiting speech to those that agree fully, not ATS. I see ATS as being a place for full and open discussion of all possibilities.

I don't have a clue what that mechanic found if this person even exists. Nobody else could either from the information presented.

Thanks for the topic and I'll go away willingly. Sorry if other ideas were not wanted.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I get what you are saying, but I find it odd that suddenly these weight issues with a drum of liquid counterbalancing the plane, and how this mechanic could not have possibly traced the lines all the way to the wicks suddenly has become plausible. Just so long as its not for the dispersement of chemtrails.

chaff - you betcha

Chemtrails - bsometer is pinging

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
So now its suddenly plausible since it may be a chaff dispersement system. What happened to the weight issue and how could a mechanic possibly trace all the piping guys. Oh I see, since the post has been completely derailed to a chaff system it is all suddenly so much more reasonable. You know, there is a board for disinformation - why don't you go play there.

No, I don't think it's a chaff system. I stand by the initial analysis of BS for the reasons stated in my post. I went out of my way to explain why it could not be a chaff dispenser.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Barium will rapidly reduce your potassium uptake which leads to hypokalaemia. The cure is a swift intake of patassium salts (or a banana). The point is that it will progressively erode your immune system if you don't ingest additional potassium. Perhaps we aren't supposed to know this.

If the Avian Infuenza virus is around, not everyone will necessarily succumb to it. The elderly, the very young and those with low immune systems will be most at risk. I would also suggest that there is a supply of anti-virus - but not for everyone.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
How about this for a theory: Lockheed Martin are about to introduce a new ceramic battery that is ten times more powerful and ten times lighter than a conventional lead/acid battery. It's electrolyte consists of barium titanate. This battery will no doubt be very popular.

Perhaps Lockheed Martin are testing public exposure to higher levels of barium before the battery is widely released.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

The tank could well be a flat tank.Volume is volume the demensions could be adjusted to the space.I give this thread some creditibility.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

How about this for a theory: Lockheed Martin are about to introduce a new ceramic battery that is ten times more powerful and ten times lighter than a conventional lead/acid battery. It's electrolyte consists of barium titanate. This battery will no doubt be very popular.

Perhaps Lockheed Martin are testing public exposure to higher levels of barium before the battery is widely released.

Slightly more plausible. I'd suggest there are better/cheaper ways to test "public exposure to higher levels of barium" than spraying tons of it from planes when Barium costs $55 per 100g.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by _Del_

Agreed - That may be what you or I would pay for it - but when bought in a bulk deal from the source, it's far cheaper. Compared to what Lockheed Martin are going to make out of this, it's chicken feed. The public exposure trial may well be a covert government requirement. We would be looking at a very diluted dispersal of this material. Similar trials were certainly being carried out in the UK up until the 1970's and possibly are to this day. Still, it's only a theory.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
30 years as Aircraft Mechanic

I stumbled across this thread and found it very interesting. However, there are a couple of "red BS Flags". One is that in order to get from the tail of the aircraft to the static wicks it would be necessary to install fittings through the pressure bulkhead in the wing box. This would necessitate a whole lot of engineering blessings if not done at the factory. Two, if one were to design a covert aerosol dispersant system, it would be much more logical to utilize a partitioned fuel tank for wing delivery thus minimizing weight & balance issues and causing minimal trim effects throughout the delivery. Also the "fuel dump" system could be utilized offering the high flow characteristics necessary for effective aerial delivery of an airborne agent. Fifty gallons would barely fill the plumbing necessary to get from the tail to the wing trailing edges. The final nail in the coffin would be that everyone would have to be in on it. Pilots, Mechanics, Supervisors, Flight planning, Fuelers, Dispatchers and even the passengers hearing constant high altitude pump operation and seeing clouds of streaming fluid. sheesh...........

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
this is the same story that was posted on the "chemtrail upscale" thread.

It is a great story and very believable, but it does have the slight feel of a hoax.

There is still something dodgy going on in our skies though. peace

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

That's been on the internet for a long time. When I read that story many months ago I gave up on ever finding a real answer. I honestly doubt this story is true, but I'll tell you it's been floating around the internet for a while.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:06 PM
link   
My friends on ATS,

I have spent the last 3 days researching this site. There are some very interesting topics being talked about. However, I have stumbled across a few that have been planted here by unwelcomed guests.

Be aware of Misdirection. You are all smart people. Do not get tied up with something that is directing you away from other important tasks.

Members, use your skills and do what you do. Protect this country and the good people of it.

Eye of Eagle

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join