It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airline Mechanic stumbles upon chemical spraying unit.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Myrdyn
Agreed - That may be what you or I would pay for it - but when bought in a bulk deal from the source, it's far cheaper. Compared to what Lockheed Martin are going to make out of this, it's chicken feed. The public exposure trial may well be a covert government requirement. We would be looking at a very diluted dispersal of this material. Similar trials were certainly being carried out in the UK up until the 1970's and possibly are to this day. Still, it's only a theory.
[edit on 16/4/08 by Myrdyn]

As a general rule, you don't get a bulk discount on commodities like you would on products. Further, you still haven't explained why they would choose to waste so much of the very expensive barium to this purpose. You admit that there are cheaper ways to test it, but neglect to come up with a reason that would dictate using it this way. Like any other company they will look for the cheapest most efficient way to test something. Believe me when I say that retrofitting aircraft covertly, flying barium to altitude, wasting most of the barium as it disipates and hoping the remainder is enough to have a noticeable effect on the populace is not the most efficient way to test something. Further, in the litigious society we find ourselves in this would be uniquely stupid.
So, we're left with a dubious account with several apparent flaws to people in the field left annonymously on a (kindly) "fringe" website. If I wanted to make a claim for "chemtrails" I could do a hell of alot better than this.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by KMFNWO
Chemtrails - bsometer is pinging

Congratulations....you've successfully got more than my BS meter pegged now.

It was never plausible. The entire story is fiction. Blaine91555 introduced the concept of chaff delivery via a liquid medium.....your own ( bogus ) story describes tanks and pipes. Fine, if possible, eliminate the chaff idea and move on. This is the way it's done.

Between the post I'm quoting and this one you're reading.....a very good post from a contributor, that reads more like an aircraft mechanic than your author, thoroughly trashes the story based on experience and knowledge.

Just admit it......you really don't believe it yourself.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by EYEOFEAGLE

Should I be offended by that comment - friend?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Just admit it......you really don't believe it yourself.

No, I don't think so. Not that it was ever a question of whether or not I believed it. I applaud anyone who has the courage to stand up to a constant bombardment of insults to try to share an observation made in search of a constructive explanation to what has been observed and taking the obvious risk to try to inform his fellow man.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

Alright....fine.

The original source is less than objective...
It's a totally anonymous story, anyone could have written it.....
Which makes the "obvious risk" doubtful, at best......
The story isn't even realistic.....it just sucks from that standpoint.....
The site it came from hasn't been updated since 2002.....

This kind of stuff is like the "subprime mortgages" of conspiracy theories....

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
OK, no doubt this has been said before, but sometimes it pays to be redundant. And there are some things that ALL OF US should keep in mind when analyzing things (here, there, everywhere). That is: anecdotal evidence is the WORST kind of evidence. Humans are not only prone to error (error they often never realize they committed it). AND humans are more than capable lying for various reason. This story sounds extremely suspect.

Besides, the logistical restrictions ALONE make the whole chem trail hypothesis nearly totally implausible by itself.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Threadfall]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
There is no way that there is chemtrail stuff being pumped on planes by the cabin service guys. There is no port to pump it into, there is no tank to store it, there is no extra tank on the truck, and the existing tanks only hold about 200 gallons of degerm solution. That 200 gallons is not even all pumped on a single aircraft, but rather allows them to service several aircraft without having to dump and refill between each aircraft.

This is uniform across all air-carriers, and all stations across the world, as different airlines have to rent service personnel and equipment at stations where they do not have their own ramp crews. For example, British Air used to only fly into our station once a week, they certainly did not pay to keep a ramp crew sitting around doing nothing all week, but rather they would rent service from another company and use their equipment. So, the hook-ups, procedures, and equipment are all standard.

I made a lengthy post about this here:
Lavatory Ground Servicing 101

That “mechanic confession” is nothing more then a hoax, plane and simple.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Ok i have a question. If they are putting chemtrails into the air to poison us, how come you can see chemtrails over unpopulated areas? Also can you imagine how much it would cost to poison the entire human race? Not to mention the large chemical plants needed to produce such a chemical and the tens of thousands of employees that have to fill the gas spraying units before each trip. Its amazing how they miraculously manage to keep the hundreds of thousands of employees from the entire industry from production down to service and maintenance from spilling the beans and ruining the whole scheme. The most amazing part of all is that how all the people who are involved in this are somehow not affected by breathing all that poisoned air.

Man thats quite a gig they got goin on there.

Besides, the logistical restrictions ALONE make the whole chem trail hypothesis nearly totally implausible by itself.

Exactly

[edit on 08/4/16 by metaldemon2000]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
If that story is true than the writer is foolish to think by not giving his name that somehow protects him. He just gave a very detailed story involving quite a few key things that one would be able to link him as the writer if you were one of the secret safety guys that got him suspended. Which makes me think it can't be true, if your willing to lay the story out there which has more than enough info to link you to it than you mine as well tell the public your name not only to validate the information so the public will be more likely to believe you but most importantly for your protection, if your going to spill your guts about a govt conspiracy, going public with your name is the best defense you can give yourself. They wouldn't be able to kill you without causing suspicion but now they got free reign to do whatever they like. Good job! Fake or he's dumb and dead.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To be honest, I think the story is akin to the kind you get when a "friend of a friend" wakes up in a bath of ice with their kidneys missing and a note to seek medical help.

There are several issues at stake here, the first being that every mechanice/tech who works on aircraft needs to be in on the conspiracy - because if this guys "finding" is commonplace then theres probably a hell of a lot of people in fear of their lives - in which case people would be giving up their jobs in droves.

The other issues at stake are the technical ones, as some people have mentioned - you can't sneak a full dispersal system into an airframe. It would need significant downtime and customisation to do it, unless it was done on conformal external pods mounted on pylons outside the aircraft, and even then you'd need to wire the release mechanisms into the avionics.

Then theres a question of balance and weights. Flight science - particularly on passenger planes is all about weight. Centre of gravity is an important issue too. Fuel gets pumped from tank to tank to keep the plane as stable as possible. Large cannisters full of dispersant add weight, and - say - if one drains faster than the other the plane will lose its centre of gravity - that kind of thing is noticeable.

Then, as I've stated on so many threads now, there is dispersal. If you want to poision people, dispersing a checmical from 30,000 ft (5.68miles) isn't the way to do it. Thats like lighting a fire on the ground and hoping someone will smell the smoke in a particular direction. From 5 miles up, with windspeed and windshear you would be lucky to hit a target 50 and more likely 100 miles away - remember the atmosphere is in layers, and at 30,000ft the windspeed can be anything from 75-200mph. By the time it reaches the ground it would be so dispersed that it would never be at toxic levels.

There is a reason that crop sprayers fly at crazy low levels. Think about it.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:56 AM
link   
If ever there were a thread to attract disinfo agents, this is it

My initial reaction to reading the article was 'it wouldn't surprise me if this was true'. I take onboard all the debunkings but something about it seems genuine. You have to ask yourself what someone would get out of creating this hoax. It's not funny, it's not causing spectacular reactions and it's sure as hell not affecting politics or flight operators. The only possible reason I can see for a hoax like this is, as someone earlier said, to divert attention - in which case it's a conspiracy by association.

I'm open-minded. I believe the PTB could and would do this. As mentioned earlier, the UK government has already done something similar. Even if this particular case can be debunked, I think it's valid for highlighting a very distinct possiblity.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
You have to ask yourself what someone would get out of creating this hoax. It's not funny, it's not causing spectacular reactions and it's sure as hell not affecting politics or flight operators. The only possible reason I can see for a hoax like this is, as someone earlier said, to divert attention

Or to attempt to continue to promote an industry that has cropped up out of peoples ignorance and fear.

You see, disinformation works both ways, not just one. If people are educated and informed enough to start questioning how something is possible, then this kind of story conviniently fits the mould, without being traceable or provable.

Like I said before, if this was a story about someone waking up in a bath of ice, with their kidneys missing, people would scream "urban myth". Because its more technical, employing several different aspects of science you seem to think its believeable. Its that old addage "BS baffles brains".

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I worked in the aerospace business for quite some time and this is a load of horse pucky...

When an aircraft gets a C or D check it is splayed open for the world to see...

[edit on 17-4-2008 by mdsnyh]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
To answer a question on page 2: while I don't subscribe to any chemtrail theories, I read the story anyway because it claimed it was by an aircraft mechanic.

Being one myself, I figured I could at least look it over and see if it included any wording to show it was a mechanic or someone closely involved in maintenance of aircraft.

It's really not all that vague when referencing what he does for a living. Periodic inspections are indeed as he describes, nearly every panel will have been removed and there would be mechanics and others working all around the plane. (We basically tear our jets apart and put them back together in about 2 weeks in the AF, I imagine that in the airline industry they have more bodies on a jet or it takes longer.)

While I work in the AF and not the airline industry, so they are probably different in some ways, they are similar in others.

So from the descriptions in the story it sounds very well like a mechanic or someone related to the field wrote it.

Is what they said all true? I don't know, we'll find out when I start growing new arms or if I roll over and let the government enslave us when the time comes instead of fight the power.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I think I've read something about this on rense.com a few years ago.

No wonder where I live the snow is smelting quickly as ever even if we've receive more snow than anything before: the atmosphere is full of salt.

For some reason, chemtrails act as ionic agents and theres probably a reason for this, either weather control or something to do with polarising the atmosphere to accentuate the Sun rays?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by ATruGod

Indeed. You have to discount it purely because it offers nothing concrete, nothing that can be checked independently. To accept this nonsense as the truth indicates someone wants to believe over wanting to be right.

A sad state of affairs indeed. If we all leapt on the bandwagon, we'd learn nothing.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KMFNWO

I know what you mean. Those people are risking their lives by sharing all of that information with the public.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cythraul
If ever there were a thread to attract disinfo agents, this is it

My initial reaction to reading the article was 'it wouldn't surprise me if this was true'. I take onboard all the debunkings but something about it seems genuine. You have to ask yourself what someone would get out of creating this hoax. It's not funny, it's not causing spectacular reactions and it's sure as hell not affecting politics or flight operators. The only possible reason I can see for a hoax like this is, as someone earlier said, to divert attention - in which case it's a conspiracy by association.

I'm open-minded. I believe the PTB could and would do this. As mentioned earlier, the UK government has already done something similar. Even if this particular case can be debunked, I think it's valid for highlighting a very distinct possiblity.

If you try to list the reasons why someone would hoax, you could fill a book the length of the Bible--though you'd probably run out of ideas before you even got close to that. Personally, I think many hoaxers are the true believers--the people so convinced of their own theories that they have no qualms fabricating evidence to support the "facts." These people view hoaxes as a way of herding the the "sheeple" to the truth. They view the hoax as, basically, a public service. I wouldn't be surprised if thats whats going on here.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllSeeingI
Chemtrails Publicly Acknowledged: Winter Of Cloud Seeding Flights

Cloud seeding doesn’t look anything like what folks claim chemtrails look like. It does not persist, and it does not form clouds. It is a thin, misty, spray that dissipates quickly, and causes existing clouds to rain out and disperse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join